Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,937 members, 7,952,775 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:58 PM

Dont Look At The Waves - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dont Look At The Waves (780 Views)

Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran / The Seas And The Waves Are Roaring / Shiloh 2011 "waves Of Glory" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dont Look At The Waves by julietjuks: 11:38pm On Nov 15, 2012
But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me (Matthew 14:30). On a certain day, Peter and the other disciples were in a boat, far into the sea, when they saw someone walking on the water towards them. The disciples were frightened, thinking it was a ghost; but the Lord said, “…Be of good cheer! It is I; do not be afraid…” (Matthew 14:27 NKJV). Then, Peter answered Him and said, “Lord, if it is You, command me to come to you on the water” (Matthew 14:28 NKJV). Jesus said to Peter, “Come,” and Peter got on the water and started walking to Jesus. However, as he approached Jesus, Peter got distracted by the boisterous wind and waves: “…when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me” (Matthew 14:30). Peter walked on the water as long as he kept his gaze on the Master. He only began to sink when he turned his attention away from Jesus, the Living Word, to look at the boisterous waves. Don’t look at the waves! Don’t observe lying vanities (Jonah 2:cool. Don’t allow natural occurrences determine the circumstances of your existence. Don’t be moved by what your natural senses can perceive; be moved only by the Word. Those who take their eyes away from the Word are easily overwhelmed by the crises of life. This was what happened to Peter; he took his eyes away from Jesus, the Living Word, to look at the waves. The waves here could mean the challenging circumstances that come against your faith. No matter how frontal and ferocious the attacks of the enemy may be, ignore them, and walk on in victory. Be like Abraham, who refused to consider his body dead, when he was about one hundred years old, neither did he consider the deadness of Sarah’s womb (Romans 4:19). Refuse to be cowed by the waves of terrorism, sickness, failure, fear, and discouragement that the adversary may hurl at you! Adversities may come your way but you’ll always rise to the crest because there’s something in you – the divine life of God. That life makes you unconquerable, for it’s not subject to defeat.
bible reference
Isaiah 43.2
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
Luke 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Compulsory For Wives Of Pastors To Be A Pastor? / Incredible! General Overseer Arrested For Armed Robbery / Help On Numerology (Double Numbers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.