Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,932 members, 7,814,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

The Science Of Getting A Better Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Science Of Getting A Better Job (809 Views)

Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job / He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears / How To Increase Your Chance Of Getting Desired Job After Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Science Of Getting A Better Job by Agbenu2(m): 2:34pm On Feb 05, 2008
Early in the year 2007, I was working in a dead-end job which paid me below $128 every month. Some times we waited for up to four (4) months before part of the wages were paid. I had little hope for a better future.
Being a firm believer in the love of God through Jesus, I kept on praying trusting Him for a miracle Job. In my home country, getting highly paid jobs required connections of which I seemed to have none; I was frustrated and at my wits end.

I am not sure how, but some how I came across a free copy of a little e-book called The Science of getting rich by Wallace Wattles on the internet. I downloaded a copy and saved it on my old Celeron desktop for study. Reading chapter 11 Acting in the certain Way, I came across a sentence that I felt addressed my situation: “Hold the vision of yourself in the job you want, while you ACT with faith and purpose on the job you have, and you will certainly get the job you want. “

There was a research institute that earlier on in the year I had visited and submitted my resumes and because I had no one to stand for me, I kept missing opportunities. My visits there showed me how things were done: the lawn was well mowed, a rare sight in any government establishment; the workers each had a name tag hanging on their necks as dog-tags or clipped to their dresses; they came to work early; they were excited about the job; and they were highly paid compared to my dead-end job.

So I went into action. I continued to cry out to God, who was able to save me from my situation; I studied the words of Jesus in Mark 11:24, "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."; then I got a my ID card and hung it round my neck like a dog-tag; I kept on visualizing myself walking around a neat environment with all the lawns constantly mowed and tended; I started coming to work early and took the small tasks I was given seriously; I started making personal financial budgets that reflected someone that earns a higher monthly wage.

Click here to read the rest of the story

(1) (Reply)

Etb How Far? / Job Opening / Why All These Nonesense!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.