Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Muslim Women Swimwear? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Women Swimwear? (1179 Views)

What are the Rewards For Muslim Women In Paradise? / The 'Burying' Of Muslim Women in the Modern World / Fashion Thread For Muslim Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Women Swimwear? by maclatunji: 10:27am On Nov 16, 2012
I came across, I thought I'd share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Phg9uruAWk
Re: Muslim Women Swimwear? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 16, 2012
It looks a bit uncomfortable.
Why don't they just make separate swimming sections for men and women instead?
Re: Muslim Women Swimwear? by maclatunji: 6:16pm On Nov 16, 2012
fellis: It looks a bit uncomfortable.

LOL. The company's marketing team would be slamming their head on a hard surface in frustration at your comment about it being "uncomfortable" if they saw it.

Separate swimming sections for men and women is required ab initio I believe.
Re: Muslim Women Swimwear? by deols(f): 6:41pm On Nov 16, 2012
fellis: It looks a bit uncomfortable.

I av seen it severally. Even among women dr's a level to which u can be xposed.

And among nonMuslim women many say to cover d whole of ur body. Dat is d reason for this wear, I guess.
Re: Muslim Women Swimwear? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 16, 2012
maclatunji:

LOL. The company's marketing team would be slamming their head on a hard surface in frustration at your comment about it being "uncomfortable" if they saw it.

Separate swimming sections for men and women is required ab initio I believe.

So what is your own opinion? Do you believe that it is a suitable swim wear provided the separation rule is followed?
Re: Muslim Women Swimwear? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 16, 2012
deols: I av seen it severally. Even among women dr's a level to which u can be xposed.

And among nonMuslim women many say to cover d whole of ur body. Dat is d reason for this wear, I guess.

You have?

That is interesting.

Was the wearer using it in a public/general pool or a pool for only women?
Re: Muslim Women Swimwear? by maclatunji: 8:43pm On Nov 16, 2012
fellis:

So what is your own opinion? Do you believe that it is a suitable swim wear provided the separation rule is followed?

My opinion doesn't count as a valid Islamic guide on the matter. If the experts say it's ok, I have no problems with it. I do feel the design can be improved though.
Re: Muslim Women Swimwear? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 16, 2012
maclatunji:

My opinion doesn't count as a valid Islamic guide on the matter. If the experts say it's ok, I have no problems with it. I do feel the design can be improved though.

Care to share how you think it can be improved?
Re: Muslim Women Swimwear? by maclatunji: 9:14pm On Nov 16, 2012
fellis:

Care to share how you think it can be improved?

I wish I could but I am not artistically gifted in terrms of graphics. Basically I would suggest the addition of ridges, flaps and gills in sensitive parts of the female anatomy. I would have loved to give a graphic representation but I am not skilled in that regard.
Re: Muslim Women Swimwear? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 16, 2012
I understand what you mean.

Your idea is similar to a frame that is usually fitted inside women's clothes in Islamic regions to conceal their shapes.

Couldn't find any pictures, I would have posted some.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Women Swimwear? by Nobody: 2:44am On Nov 17, 2012
I can only shake my head in disbelief. The swimwear is not practical. First of all, swimwear should be tight fitting. There is no avoiding that. Anything less would give the swimmer an uncomfortable swim. Furthermore, Allah help you if you are swimming underwater in a river and your swimwear gets hooked to a branch or something.

Also, this swimwear can not be used for competitve swimming. Such baggy swimwear will only slow you down. Swimwear has to be fitted and streamlined to aid the swimmer.

There is also a problem of pleasure. Many people like to have the natural feel of water on their arms and legs. This swimwear cant give you that.

All these being said, the best option, like Fellis said, is to have separate swimming pools if a tight fitting swimwear can not be allowed.
Re: Muslim Women Swimwear? by deols(f): 10:05am On Nov 17, 2012
fellis:

You have?

That is interesting.

Was the wearer using it in a public/general pool or a pool for only women?

sorry if I gave the impression that I saw someone swimming in them. no, I didnt.

I saw them in a shop and I saw some ads.

The ones I saw were not as long as this,up to the knees and tighter. I just had the impression that they were to be used in swimming pools for women in which case, they may have been covering up due to the presence of other women who may not be Muslims.

In Muslim nations, pools are separated or the males and females given different timings. I wish that could be done in Nigeria. All the pools I have seen there are mixed.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Women Swimwear? by advocate666: 4:29pm On Nov 19, 2012
Holy Cow! I can see her face!

I'll now go into my room and play with myself.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Women Swimwear? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 19, 2012
advocate666: Holy Cow! I can see her face!

Calm down bro cheesy
Re: Muslim Women Swimwear? by vedaxcool(m): 4:52pm On Nov 19, 2012
Failure of decency in this our age is one thing that hurts the very marrow of human dignity and values! Someone once remarked when there is no shame there is no sense, and how true it is, but there should even be shame in being shameless!
Re: Muslim Women Swimwear? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 19, 2012
advocate666: Holy Cow! I can see her face!

Is that how lustful atheists are?

You see a woman's face and you have to touch yourself?

1 Like

Re: Muslim Women Swimwear? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 19, 2012
fellis:

It's worse than that!

Just you name alone (Fellis) excites me!

SMH

1 Like

Re: Muslim Women Swimwear? by vedaxcool(m): 4:59pm On Nov 19, 2012
fellis:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin LoLs and LMAOs seems appropriate here!
Re: Muslim Women Swimwear? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 19, 2012
Logicboy03:

It's worse than that!

Just you name alone (Fellis) excites me!

SMH

Disgusting lustful atheist angry angry angry tongue
Re: Muslim Women Swimwear? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2012
I don't.

I am not a lustful atheist like the rest of you.
Re: Muslim Women Swimwear? by maclatunji: 5:18pm On Nov 19, 2012
We don't appreciate people ogling women here- not the romance section.
Re: Muslim Women Swimwear? by advocate666: 5:33pm On Nov 19, 2012
I got your email mr mclatunji. no need to send me warnings. we were just joking. lighten up man. this no be do or die affair. i have already heard about how you overlord this area like your existence depends on it and now you confirm.
Sorry to all muslims if i offended anyone but I just thought there might be some fun loving people here who might appreciate some light humour. As that may not be the case, I retreat back and you wont see me again.
ciao.

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Actress, Lizzy Anjorin Has Converted To Islam / Detroit Mosque's Shia Imam Tackles Pastor Terry "the Lunatic" Jones / Kuwaiti Royal Prince Declares Conversion To Christianity:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.