Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) (8433 Views)

'Action Film'- A Short Film Script By Sholay2011 / Nigerian Horror Story- A Short Film Script / Nollywood Pictures (nsfw) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) by VillageBoi(m): 1:19pm On Nov 19, 2012
Jayboy124: I loved the storyline more than the first one even though the first one was a lot more artistic. But I would have loved it to have ended better.

I think your short films are sooooooooooooo much more interesting than most features we see in Nollywood. Better start planning that first feature.

Bro, thank you for your massive vote of confidence. I have a couple of crazy features that I might never shoot. I have a new one that I'm working on right now - an adaptation of a book that I read in Secondary school - it has a few major problems -

Dilema 1 - it's a book for kids but the kids are wicked little s.h. i.t.s - so internationally that won't make a 'family film' without dropping 80% of blood & death in the book.
Dilema 2 - I must be crazy to want to work with kids.
Dilema 3 - Trying to get a producer that knows the ins & outs of the international markets & festivals... eerrrmmmm one here that will actually work with an unknown me lol
Dilema 3 - There is a certain 'A'-lister I really want to be the 'narrator' of the film but I don't think I can ever get him.

PS - Forgot the even bigger dilema... I haven't even got the options/rights for the book yet. The authour is dead so I have to meet the Naija publishers. Dayum, I'm making it difficult for myself.

Oh well... dream BIG or don't dream at all. Hahahaha
Re: Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) by PrinceDudu(m): 1:31pm On Nov 19, 2012
bold guy

good job @Villageboi.

1 Like

Re: Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2012
nice

1 Like

Re: Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) by semid4lyfe(m): 1:46pm On Nov 19, 2012
Like I promised, here are my comments

Script/Plot - Dialogue & interaction between the characters was well scripted and portrayed. It was believable and despite it being a leisurely conversation between two people it stayed interesting through out it's duration. I actually had a smile on my face while watching it and laughed out loud at the end.

Score/Background music: The ''jazzy'' background sound in the film accentuated the scenes perfectly and it faded in and out at the right moments.

Use of subtlety: I like the use of subtlety at the end when she told him her occupation, wrote on his palm and told him not to be a stranger as she was getting into the car. Keeping it short and leaving it for the viewer to figure out. . . . I like that cool

All in all, this is much better than ''Sweet 16''

Even as Director of Photography and Editor, I'll say Kudos smiley

1 Like

Re: Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 19, 2012
^^I agree with the above. I felt the actor was quite hard to believe though. He didn't draw me in as much as the actress did.
Re: Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) by semid4lyfe(m): 1:56pm On Nov 19, 2012
Shollypopz: ^^I agree with the above. I felt the actor was quite hard to believe though. He didn't draw me in as much as the actress did.

True that. . .she was more believable of the two
Re: Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) by Leadn(m): 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2012
Nice, nice Une Clope is quite nice... Villageboi you're Anele Onwuka??

Good film man, enjoyed the don't be a stranger as she slid into the car wink

Why was the guy startled when he got to know she was a prostitute?? grin

1 Like

Re: Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) by VillageBoi(m): 3:38pm On Nov 19, 2012
Leadn: Nice, nice Une Clope is quite nice... Villageboi you're Anele Onwuka??

Good film man, enjoyed the don't be a stranger as she slid into the car wink

Why was the guy startled when he got to know she was a prostitute?? grin

Hiya, yes my actual name is Anele Onwuka and I'm glad you liked it. We guess he was startled because he didn't expect her to be a hook-er... maybe he wanted a free lunch grin
Re: Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) by VillageBoi(m): 3:43pm On Nov 19, 2012
semid4lyfe: Like I promised, here are my comments

Script/Plot - Dialogue & interaction between the characters was well scripted and portrayed. It was believable and despite it being a leisurely conversation between two people it stayed interesting through out it's duration. I actually had a smile on my face while watching it and laughed out loud at the end.

Score/Background music: The ''jazzy'' background sound in the film accentuated the scenes perfectly and it faded in and out at the right moments.

Use of subtlety: I like the use of subtlety at the end when she told him her occupation, wrote on his palm and told him not to be a stranger as she was getting into the car. Keeping it short and leaving it for the viewer to figure out. . . . I like that cool

All in all, this is much better than ''Sweet 16''

Even as Director of Photography and Editor, I'll say Kudos smiley

Thank you very, very much Semi. It was a pretty good short and we spent a lot of time on the pre-prod. It took 8 variations of the edit to get to where it ended up. The guy that did the score was awesome. I always think there is something pretty nice about shooting outside.
Re: Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) by VillageBoi(m): 3:46pm On Nov 19, 2012
Shollypopz: ^^I agree with the above. I felt the actor was quite hard to believe though. He didn't draw me in as much as the actress did.

Funny bit of trivia - The actor & actress are both English (not American or French - they were acting with totally fake accents lol) and they are also both real-life boyfriend and girlfriend. Glad you enjoyed it.

2 Likes

Re: Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) by VillageBoi(m): 3:55pm On Nov 19, 2012
AlterEgo™:
O boy eh! That guy buried it. And that bìtch, she fine. wink grin
Where is that thread about "The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out?" Whoever the OP is could really use a few lines from here - like this; "When was the last time you had an earth-shaking òrgasm" grin
Omo you go fear guy reverse when the bìtch tell am point blank - "I am a prostitutè" grin
Great work my guy.
I hope your next work will include a part that shows the bítch getting busy at work grin

I've been reading the comments. Yours is so funny. Thanks for that. I'm really chuffed you liked it. The guy & girl are real life bf + gf and I'm supposed to do something with them later on but I pretty doubt it will be her doing 'that' work lol... I wouldn't say no to filming that though shocked grin shocked
Re: Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) by semid4lyfe(m): 4:36pm On Nov 19, 2012
VillageBoi:

Thank you very, very much Semi. It was a pretty good short and we spent a lot of time on the pre-prod. It took 8 variations of the edit to get to where it ended up.

Effort not in vain and time well spent cos the final product was good

VillageBoi: The guy that did the score was awesome. I always think there is something pretty nice about shooting outside.

Yeah, I take particular note of background sounds in movies and the score is my favourite part of this film. Talking about scores, you don see Red Cliff?. Gawd, I love the score of that film. . . I dey play the movie everyday on top my pc just so I can listen to the score in some scenes lol.

VillageBoi: Did the 'STILLS' links work?

On Set Stills - https://picasaweb.google.com/105847432170146173708/UneClopeOnSetStills?authkey=Gv1sRgCJTe3JXOu9zKLQ

or - https://picasaweb.google.com/105847432170146173708/UneClopeOnSetStills?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCJTe3JXOu9zKLQ&feat=directlink

Yeah, I tried the first link and it's working perfectly, dunno about the second link though.

Why not post the still pics here?

Guy, no be lie but you gats start pooling resources together to make your feature film. You can count on my e-support grin

1 Like

Re: Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) by AlterEgoTM: 4:45pm On Nov 19, 2012
VillageBoi:

I've been reading the comments. Yours is so funny. Thanks for that. I'm really chuffed you liked it. The guy & girl are real life bf + gf and I'm supposed to do something with them later on but I pretty doubt it will be her doing 'that' work lol... I wouldn't say no to filming that though shocked grin shocked
grin Oooossshhheeeyyyy! grin

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) by VillageBoi(m): 4:48pm On Nov 19, 2012
lynx200: Nice job villageboi.

NB- Mouth already watering for your full lenght feature. When will it be done? By the way have u gone tru the TV series script I posted in one of the threads?(Get inspired)

Like I said earlier we need more people like u down here in Nollywood.

Thank you bros. Yes I did read your TV episode; I love the opening style, love the characters, loved the story but two things to mention. First I think Beauty & Scarlet have ages that are too young - the mom should be late 40's/50's and not 30ish and the (already, possibly, sexually rampant) daughter should be mid 20's and not a young teenager. Secondly can you find a way not to send Ikenna & Edet to jail in the very first episode - they are very crucial comedy characters.
Re: Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) by Enoquin(f): 6:00pm On Nov 19, 2012
I felt the male character was too carefree especially when he was trying to wow the lady...he knows all the processes of love making and his voice wasn't the least bit 'husky'?

But I liked it. Well done

1 Like

Re: Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) by VillageBoi(m): 6:31pm On Nov 19, 2012
Enoquin: I felt the male character was too carefree especially when he was trying to wow the lady...he knows all the processes of love making and his voice wasn't the least bit 'husky'?

But I liked it. Well done

Good to hear you liked the little film. That is one of the issues we run into when it comes to making short films. Most times we make them just to learn and a lot of times we throw in a bunch of 'friends'. Casting can be a bit of a problem for no-budget films. The new Naija short I'm planning to do or shall I say 'was' planing to do fell through for that very reason... I might revive it if I get the 'cast' - a mother and 2 children. The mother is a friend of mine and is onboard but where to get 2 children?
Re: Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) by Owen2(m): 7:29pm On Nov 19, 2012
semid4lyfe:

Effort not in vain and time well spent cos the final product was good

Yeah, I take particular note of background sounds in movies and the score is my favourite part of this film. Talking about scores, you don see Red Cliff?. Gawd, I love the score of that film. . . I dey play the movie everyday on top my pc just so I can listen to the score in some scenes lol.

Yeah, I tried the first link and it's working perfectly, dunno about the second link though.

Why not post the still pics here?

Guy, no be lie but you gats start pooling resources together to make your feature film. You can count on my e-support grin

The score for Red Cliff was composed by Dmitri Golovko,right? I haven't seen the film but I've take a great liking to his works. He's really good!
Re: Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) by VillageBoi(m): 7:48pm On Nov 19, 2012
*Owen*:

The score for Red Cliff was composed by Dmitri Golovko,right? I haven't seen the film but I've take a great liking to his works. He's really good!

You should watch it. John Woo is a bada$$ director.
Re: Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) by pendusky(m): 7:50pm On Nov 19, 2012
Jayboy124: I can only play youtube well. You know how our network be here na. Any youtube link?
Use Airtel:-):-):-)
Re: Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) by Owen2(m): 7:54pm On Nov 19, 2012
VillageBoi:

You should watch it. John Woo is a bada$$ director.

I'll find it. John woo is undoubtedly right up there with the best but I'm not a freak for action flicks, so he doesn't really influence my work that much. But he is an amazing director nonetheless, and if you say the movie is really good, then I'll take your word for it and be sure to find the movie.
Re: Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) by ijebabe: 8:28pm On Nov 19, 2012
I always find myself being impressed by this village boy! Really enjoyed watching the film. I love the music it set the mood right and that's what did it for me smiley
Dialogues were loaded with innuendos that kept my mind working big time. Good job smiley

1 Like

Re: Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) by VillageBoi(m): 8:56pm On Nov 19, 2012
ijebabe: I always find myself being impressed by this village boy! Really enjoyed watching the film. I love the music it set the mood right and that's what did it for me smiley
Dialogues were loaded with innuendos that kept my mind working big time. Good job smiley

Thanks a lot IjeBabe... but no be only me; na teamwork.
Re: Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) by damseremie(m): 9:01pm On Nov 19, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_1z6mdCDq0
Might as well use this opportunity to get some of you to see mine grin
Re: Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) by VillageBoi(m): 9:09pm On Nov 19, 2012
damseremie: Might as well use this opportunity to get some of you to see mine grin
Yeah I saw it before when you posted the thread a while back. It's funny and to answer the question... na the guy get 'anger issues' lol
Re: Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) by damseremie(m): 9:19pm On Nov 19, 2012
lol..ya villageboi...thanks...i remember u commented on it then grin...on a phone now, will watch yours once am on a pc
Re: Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) by VillageBoi(m): 9:24pm On Nov 19, 2012
damseremie: lol..ya villageboi...thanks...i remember u commented on it then grin...on a phone now, will watch yours once am on a pc

Hey man, cool. I hope you enjoy it too.
Re: Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) by Enoquin(f): 9:26pm On Nov 19, 2012
VillageBoi:

Good to hear you liked the little film. That is one of the issues we run into when it comes to making short films. Most times we make them just to learn and a lot of times we throw in a bunch of 'friends'. Casting can be a bit of a problem for no-budget films. The new Naija short I'm planning to do or shall I say 'was' planing to do fell through for that very reason... I might revive it if I get the 'cast' - a mother and 2 children.

What I think is this...you'll get the right cast if you go to the right places...no one gets paid to act in school, the thrill of having people watch you is enough. Now the thrill of being online even if it's in a short clip is enough for some...check in the right places
Re: Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) by VillageBoi(m): 9:44pm On Nov 19, 2012
Enoquin:

What I think is this...you'll get the right cast if you go to the right places...no one gets paid to act in school, the thrill of having people watch you is enough. Now the thrill of being online even if it's in a short clip is enough for some...check in the right places

What you said is very true, can happen but doesn't always happen like that. You might get a cast you like but as they are doing it for next to nothing (of course transport and feeding is always included as a bare minimum) you have to depend on their availability. If a good choice gets a paying gig on a day you are shooting you have to go with the 2nd or 3rd. A lot of first few shorts are made as a learning experience. I promise to get better!

The Director of this film and I had just finished working on a different short and on the first day of that shoot I had bought this camera to shoot a few BTS (Behind The Scenes) shots. When the guys saw what came out of my little camera we decided to do something to see how far we could push it under low-light. The lighting in this film is just street lights; it was late at night and on 3 of the coldest days we had... oh the joy of suffering for art hahahaha.
This is the BTS - The first clips that ever came out of this camera before I learnt how to use it. Sorry it's only on Vimeo so will have to load fully before playing in some places as per slow internet - BTS - https://vimeo.com/8000672
Re: Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) by ekwurekwu(m): 12:18am On Nov 20, 2012
kudos bro.
Re: Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) by VillageBoi(m): 12:28am On Nov 20, 2012
ekwurekwu: kudos bro.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) by VillageBoi(m): 12:31am On Nov 20, 2012
safon: oui oui ca marche pour toi nwanne! lol "suis une pute"(i am a prostitute..... nna ehn this is exactly Paris...

Hahahaha the height of my French is donne moi la bon bon.
Re: Une Clope - A Short Film (NSFW - Moderate Adult Language.) by safon: 3:34am On Nov 20, 2012
VillageBoi:

Hahahaha the height of my French is donne moi la bon bon.

lol...u can also tell that to a "pute" too...she just might give it to you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Originals Season 4(season 6) Thread / Nollywood At Your Pocket Without Data Usage / POWER Season 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.