Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Respect In Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Respect In Marriage (1400 Views)

How Do We Salvage The Downward Spiral Of Respect In Nigeria? / A Woman Should Be Given The Maximum Respect In The Home. / Why People Lose Respect In Marriage/relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Respect In Marriage by rukayatd: 10:13pm On Nov 16, 2012
wat do u do ia marriage wwen ur hubby says he told his friend dat he luvs u too much to divorce u but he has to take a 2nd wife cos u dnt respect him.disrespecting him involves beatin ur child wen she does wrong or talkin bak at him when playin.pls no insultive comments just sensible nd mature comments
Re: Respect In Marriage by Nobody: 1:43am On Nov 17, 2012
Rukayat , why are you complaining?

You are are Moslem and you married one so why're you making excuses bout respect,

either way , he'll take in another wife or out,

the only thing I can't wrap my mind around is beating your child, I wish I can lock him up for that, you just don't hit kids.... he should go and flex his muscle with his mates..... bully agbaya!!( I have to be insultive , can't help it!)
Re: Respect In Marriage by Nobody: 2:36am On Nov 17, 2012
Well if you want mature and sensible comments, you'd better write sensibly. What on earth did you write?
Re: Respect In Marriage by slimyem: 2:42am On Nov 17, 2012
stillwater: Well if you want matured and sensible comments, you'd better write sensibly. What on earth did you write?
lmao..
I don't understand too..
Op,who's beating the child?
You or him?
Who's talking back at who when playing?
I don't gerrit...
Re: Respect In Marriage by Nobody: 2:49am On Nov 17, 2012
lol...I actually managed to read it without my eyeballs falling off, this is the kind of post Defrief doesn't like (abbriviations,lmao),

dont mind her jare , she's making excuses for a man that already made up his mind about taking another wife .
Re: Respect In Marriage by Nobody: 2:54am On Nov 17, 2012
rukayatd: wat do u do ia marriage wwen ur hubby says he told his friend dat he luvs u too much to divorce u but he has to take a 2nd wife cos u dnt respect him.disrespecting him involves beatin ur child wen she does wrong or talkin bak at him when playin.pls no insultive comments just sensible nd mature comments

What do you do in a marriage when your hubby says he told his friend that he loves you soo much and he'll never divorce you but he(hubby)has to take in a second wife because I didnt respect him,

Disrespecting him (according to hubby) involves ;

Beating my child when she does something wrong or talking back at him when playing with him(hubby)

Please no insultive comments , just sensible and mature comments.

(I get time plenty for my hand...Its friday grin)
Re: Respect In Marriage by Princess1982(f): 6:05am On Nov 17, 2012
I would tell my husband go ahead get another wife if I was married then have him thrown in jail for bigotry but I live in the United States were its against the law to have more then one wife. I really don't know what to tell you but if he is beating the kids you have to think about what is best for your children but i am lost as well who is beating the kids you or him?
Re: Respect In Marriage by Johndoe100(m): 6:24am On Nov 17, 2012
Princess1982: I would tell my husband go ahead get another wife if I was married then have him thrown in jail for bigotry but I live in the United States were its against the law to have more then one wife. I really don't know what to tell you but if he is beating the kids you have to think about what is best for your children but i am lost as well who is beating the kids you or him?

And there you have it folks the essential problem with this board. The women can not cope when faced with THE NIGERIAN REALITY. Everything is " let's pretend everyone lives in Timbuktu".
Re: Respect In Marriage by Princess1982(f): 6:31am On Nov 17, 2012
I am sorry if I offended you Johndoe and your right I don't understand the Nigerians womens reality I only been to 9ja once in my life and I must admit you women have to be strong women to knowing share your husband.
Re: Respect In Marriage by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:08pm On Nov 17, 2012
This is what I can deduce from her post:

he luvs u too much to divorce u but he has to take a 2nd wife cos u dnt respect him.
The man loves her too much; he won't divorce her but the poster has been exhibiting acts of disrespect, which the man is tired of.

I want to believe he must have told her several times whenever she disrespects him but she didn't take him seriously. So he feels inorder to earn the respect he so yearns for, he has to take another wife with the mindset that doing so will make her buckle up.

disrespecting him involves:
*beatin ur child wen she does wrong or
*talkin bak at him when playin.

Poster, I'm of the view you married a sensitive man, who doesn't take things lightly. Some things that might not be a big deal to you may be to him.

I think you didn't take time to study him well to know his dos & don'ts when you got married or as he kept exhibiting his traits in the course of your marriage.

He doesn't like you beating both your child, then please DON'T! You both should find another method of punishing her when she does wrong. You both must work in union in training your child since you both conceived her.

Regarding you talking back at him while playing, I will say this is a sensitive matter that has to be handled with wisdom. Like I earlier wrote, he has a sensitive nature.

I want to believe he doesn't like being:
*talked to angrily/rudely
*shouted/snapped at
*cut short in conversations.
*disrespected when his instructions aren't obeyed.

My take is when you both are playing/not playing/discussing, either keep quiet or be mindful of your choice of words around him and also the tone of your voice.

Like jidegirl12 said, he might have decided to take another wife but just using these as excuses to justify his action.

Dear poster, I wish you all the best.

2 Likes

Re: Respect In Marriage by rukayatd: 7:00pm On Nov 17, 2012
ferhyntorlah: This is what I can deduce from her post:

The man loves her too much; he won't divorce her but the poster has been exhibiting acts of disrespect, which the man is tired of.

I want to believe he must have told her several times whenever she disrespects him but she didn't take him seriously. So he feels inorder to earn the respect he so yearns for, he has to take another wife with the mindset that doing so will make her buckle up.
Fanks.u r on point.i guess i take the things he takes serious as jokes

Poster, I'm of the view you married a sensitive man, who doesn't take things lightly. Some things that might not be a big deal to you may be to him.

I think you didn't take time to study him well to know his dos & don'ts when you got married or as he kept exhibiting his traits in the course of your marriage.

He doesn't like you beating both your child, then please DON'T! You both should find another method of punishing her when she does wrong. You both must work in union in training your child since you both conceived her.

Regarding you talking back at him while playing, I will say this is a sensitive matter that has to be handled with wisdom. Like I earlier wrote, he has a sensitive nature.

I want to believe he doesn't like being:
*talked to angrily/rudely
*shouted/snapped at
*cut short in conversations.
*disrespected when his instructions aren't obeyed.

My take is when you both are playing/not playing/discussing, either keep quiet or be mindful of your choice of words around him and also the tone of your voice.

Like jidegirl12 said, he might have decided to take another wife but just using these as excuses to justify his action.

Dear poster, I wish you all the best.
Re: Respect In Marriage by rukayatd: 7:09pm On Nov 17, 2012
I had to make it brief because nairalanders often complain of a post bn too long.let me expantite now.my being disrespectful involves acts like me beating our child when she does wrong or talking back at him when playing.guess i made my point clear enough
Re: Respect In Marriage by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 17, 2012
rukayatd: I had to make it brief because nairalanders often complain of a post bn too long.let me expantite now.my being disrespectful involves acts like me beating our child when she does wrong or talking back at him when playing.guess i made my point clear enough

You haven't said what you're doing that's pissing him off at you.... and enough with your attitude... who force you to post on NL? I see why your hubby is pissed!( rolled eyes!)
Re: Respect In Marriage by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:50pm On Nov 17, 2012
@jidegirl12, please no vex.

@rukayatd, from your last post, the tone I'm getting is that of a temperamental person. Please, take it easy and cool down; there's no need to get yourself unnecessarily worked up.

Your definition of disrespect might not be the same for another. You see nothing wrong in beating your daughter when she does wrong but your husband isn't towing that line with you.

Both of you need to find your equilibrium, that is your mid-point, where you both agree on the appropriate punishment for her.

Please be tolerant of your husband's views and I also hope he tolerates yours too. Sometimes in marriage, one has to give in to the other's request for peace to reign.

I'm not in the marriage with you; you only know where the shoe is pinching. If you value your togetherness as husband and wife, madam, you've to listen, give in and control your temper.

Good luck!
Re: Respect In Marriage by rukayatd: 10:59pm On Nov 17, 2012
jidegirl12:

You haven't said what you're doing that's pissing him off at you.... and enough with your attitude... who force you to post on NL? I see why your hubby is pissed!( rolled eyes!)
U dint ave to b so aggressive oi just did wat u wanted me to do sry if it sounded lyk dat dint mean to
Re: Respect In Marriage by rukayatd: 11:03pm On Nov 17, 2012
ferhyntorlah: @jidegirl12, please no vex.

@rukayatd, from your last post, the tone I'm getting is that of a temperamental person. Please, take it easy and cool down; there's no need to get yourself unnecessarily worked up.

Your definition of disrespect might not be the same for another. You see nothing wrong in beating your daughter when she does wrong but your husband isn't towing that line with you.

Both of you need to find your equilibrium, that is your mid-point, where you both agree on the appropriate punishment for her.
Fanks really unlike pple who won't make a point but rather judge you thinkin they are better off.you have been a rock fanks

Please be tolerant of your husband's views and I also hope he tolerates yours too. Sometimes in marriage, one has to give in to the other's request for peace to reign.

I'm not in the marriage with you; you only know where the shoe is pinching. If you value your togetherness as husband and wife, madam, you've to listen, give in and control your temper.

Good luck!
Re: Respect In Marriage by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 17, 2012
rukayatd:
U dint ave to b so aggressive oi just did wat u wanted me to do sry if it sounded lyk dat dint mean to

And what did I want you to do please? And you really need to chill, what will be will be, like for real !
Re: Respect In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 11:45pm On Nov 17, 2012
rukayatd: wat do u do ia marriage wwen ur hubby says he told his friend dat he luvs u too much to divorce u but he has to take a 2nd wife cos u dnt respect him.disrespecting him involves beatin ur child wen she does wrong or talkin bak at him when playin.pls no insultive comments just sensible nd mature comments

Why do you presume you'll get insultive comments here? Or is there something you're not telling us, or glossing over.

Anyway, from the comments I've read here, it seems like both you and your husband are muslims. In that case, he is free to marry up to 4 wives (and have as many concubines as he can cater for, no?)

I guess, you just have to deal with it when it happens. Sorry this isn't of much help here.

Or maybe, you might want to pose your question on the Religious / Muslim section? undecided
Re: Respect In Marriage by Nobody: 12:38am On Nov 18, 2012
Don't mind her jare ....when she was doing the Nikai did the Alfas mentioned for better for worse ?
Re: Respect In Marriage by rukayatd: 7:11am On Nov 18, 2012
jidegirl12: Don't mind her jare ....when she was doing the Nikai did the Alfas mentioned for better for worse ?
Anyways u cn stop d insult nd am actually nt married yet it was for a friend.but am sure you won't be a good friend to your friends when they feel sad you would only insult them and judge them[size=8pt][/size] undecided
Re: Respect In Marriage by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 18, 2012
Now I will talk like my non educated aunt will talk now, it goes;

Ahh Ruka! You are indeed ruke rudo.... see as you just presented a case like its you and judge the man like you were there when it happened !

If you love your self carry all your bag and handles and leave now before 'the real NL housewives' that have zero tolerance for poke nose into other people's marriage meet you here and flog you like a scarecrow .

Amebo pot stirrer!

( jeez I'm still up! cool)

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Get A "Certified" Copy Of Marriage Cert / Advice Needed! / What Will Be Your Reaction If

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.