Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,854 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? (9204 Views)

MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG / How I Succeeded After Six Attempted Failures / "Give the Polytechnics a Chance", says UNILAG Professor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by Inova(m): 12:47pm On Nov 17, 2012
I need an update on this saga. It seems nobody is talking about it again. I guess the government has realized its not a worthy plan after all. My Unilag pips have we finally won the battle.

2 Likes

Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by Inova(m): 10:41pm On Nov 17, 2012
UNILAG boys and gals your contributions are needed here. How your school fairing in the famous name change struggle
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by kaysy(m): 5:39pm On Nov 18, 2012
Inova: I need an update on this saga. It seems nobody is talking about it again. I guess the government has realized its not a worthy plan after all. My Unilag pips have we finally won the battle.

The Match has been won by Akokaites since... don't mind that useless GEJ, all he knows best is how to set up committee

5 Likes

Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by Inova(m): 10:10pm On Nov 18, 2012
kaysy:
The Match has been won by Akokaites since... don't mind that useless GEJ, all he knows best is how to set up committee

Kaysy baba. You are so on point there.
Enjoy ur day. So I have a $100 bet to redeem from my debtors be dat oh. Yaaay
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by Abujafood: 9:28am On Nov 19, 2012
Last I heard of it, the case was in court so I guess all parties are maintaining the status quo ante!
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by kevoh(m): 9:29am On Nov 19, 2012
#SMH. I reserve my comment!
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by 80million1: 9:29am On Nov 19, 2012
Maybe we put a call through to the V.C
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by saintneo(m): 9:30am On Nov 19, 2012
I don't think so.
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by oxaloacetate(f): 9:34am On Nov 19, 2012
We have won the battle long ago,the name UNILAG was set up by a constitution so it can't be changed without involving the senate. Unfortunately GEJ thought he can use his power as a president to do whatever he likes but wholala, he lost it! Greatest akokites! We are the pride of the nation.
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by mat2lock(m): 9:37am On Nov 19, 2012
Am an alumnus of Unilag.... I d rather we just keep quite and watch rather than raise a reminder..... Some people have their ego to protect in this case.... Please let enjoy watching it die down.....

2 Likes

Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 19, 2012
The wackiest frontpage topics on NL ever....
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by roughneck: 9:41am On Nov 19, 2012
Someone still called me a maulag alumni yesterday.. I told her it was a figment of GEJ's imagination..
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by fittty(m): 9:47am On Nov 19, 2012
cheesy
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by ochukoccna: 9:49am On Nov 19, 2012
mat2lock: Am an alumni of Unilag.... I d rather we just keep quite and watch rather than raise a reminder..... Some people have their ego to protect in this case.... Please let enjoy watching it die down.....
Yeah seems that's the way this case will go
Ebele won't push it any further
UNILAG and her alumni will keep their guns & machetes behind their roses grin grin grin
Way I see it, UNILAG & alumni are not cowed nor ready to back down

roughneck: Someone still called me a maulag alumni yesterday.. I told her it was a figment of GEJ's imagination..
No mind the spoilsport jo! kiss kiss
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by dominique(f): 9:55am On Nov 19, 2012
Like most court cases, this one will also fizzle out. This time next year no one will even remember the name maulag ever existed.
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by buchibabe: 10:10am On Nov 19, 2012
All dat maulag stuff happened in Gej's dream. Bt he has woken up to reality
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by mcqt21: 10:20am On Nov 19, 2012
Mau student,,hv u guz chekt d names printed on ur graduate certific8 latel winky....its maulag...d court case was jus an act 4 dos dumb student 2 stp protestin like cowards..a presidential order given livee on tv can neva b reversed ...so ya al remain mau student...gr8 mau wink

1 Like

Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by ajayioluwatobi(m): 10:22am On Nov 19, 2012
saintneo: I don't think so.
hater. #occupyunilag
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by 2sexy(m): 10:22am On Nov 19, 2012
Even though I am/was not a UNILAG product, I can't imagine myself trying to pronounce MAULAG.
Which is sweeter to ears, MAULAG or UNILAG?
GEJ is a GAD DAM MARA FAKA!

1 Like

Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by dandoki: 10:22am On Nov 19, 2012
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by mat2lock: 9:37am
Am an alumni of Unilag.... I d rather we just keep quite and watch rather than raise a reminder..... Some people have their ego to protect in this case.... Please let enjoy watching it die down.....
(Quote) (Report) (Like)
Did you mean to say you are an 'alumnus' of Unilag?
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by snoopy(m): 10:27am On Nov 19, 2012
mcqt21: Mau student,,hv u guz chekt d names printed on ur graduate certific8 latel winky....its maulag...d court case was jus an act 4 dos dumb student 2 stp protestin like cowards..a presidential order given livee on tv can neva b reversed ...so ya al remain mau student...gr8 mau wink
Lol ode

1 Like

Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 19, 2012
Good for unilag, sorry maulag.
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by ypzilanti: 10:30am On Nov 19, 2012
Dem don win oh! Truth is that government is afraid of anything that will rock the boat and interfere with the high scale looting going on.

Nigerians can get anything they want from government with a little civil action, but we have not really tried.
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by OkwaIfugo(m): 10:35am On Nov 19, 2012
It still remains Maulag.
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 19, 2012
Inova:

Kaysy baba. You are so on point there.
Enjoy ur day. So I have a $100 bet to redeem from my debtors be dat oh. Yaaay

WAIT O! NOT SO FAST. THE CASE IS STILL IN COURT
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by boron10(m): 10:48am On Nov 19, 2012
mat2lock: Am an alumni of Unilag.... I d rather we just keep quite and watch rather than raise a reminder..... Some people have their ego to protect in this case.... Please let enjoy watching it die down.....

If this is the kind of english unilag graduates speak, then i bet Jonathan's reason for rebranding the name is highly justifiable

5 Likes

Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by Redmosquito(m): 10:55am On Nov 19, 2012
Redmosquito: No mind them jare. The matter don die grin
UNILAG FOREVER cool
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 19, 2012
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by vandarsar(m): 11:16am On Nov 19, 2012
unilag is just a ceremonial name. Maulag is suppose to be the official name of the school and as long as thats adhere to no one cares what you or other call it.
Inova: I need an update on this saga. It seems nobody is talking about it again. I guess the government has realized its not a worthy plan after all. My Unilag pips have we finally won the battle.

Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by mcqt21: 11:19am On Nov 19, 2012
Unilag sori mau mau student..una yanga self don 2 muc undecidedh...una 2 dumb...9 make dat oyibo girl yab n finsh una 4 youtube......my friend wen jus graduate 4r unilag say na maulag dem print 4 him statement of result......shakara don end ...case clos.
tongue undecided grin
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by mcqt21: 11:19am On Nov 19, 2012
Unilag sori mau mau student..una yanga self don 2 muc undecidedh...una 2 dumb...9 make dat oyibo girl yab n finsh una 4 youtube......my friend wen jus graduate 4r unilag say na maulag dem print 4 him statement of result......shakara don end ...case clos...gr8 mau 4 life
tongue undecided grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

University Admission: Ijmb (a Level) As The Best Alternative To Jamb / Solution To Your Matlab Projects / ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.