Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,071 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? (9214 Views)

MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG / How I Succeeded After Six Attempted Failures / "Give the Polytechnics a Chance", says UNILAG Professor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by redsun(m): 11:30am On Nov 19, 2012
The wicked withers away like grass.That name can never stick,it will only last as long as wickedness and backwarness reigns in nigeria like it is today.

Monuments named after animals like obj,danjuma,yaradua,ibb and co will be scrapped later in future when nigerians will start thinking.
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by BashMe1(m): 11:46am On Nov 19, 2012
Dem fit squash am? They shudnt try Jonathan o
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by snowdrops(m): 12:00pm On Nov 19, 2012
boron10:

If this is the kind of english unilag graduates speak, then i bet Jonathan's reason for rebranding the name is highly justifiable

Ingriish police, Weldone o. AKA NL oversabis.

1 Like

Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 19, 2012
mcqt21: Unilag sori mau mau student..una yanga self don 2 muc undecidedh...una 2 dumb...9 make dat oyibo girl yab n finsh una 4 youtube......my friend wen jus graduate 4r unilag say na maulag dem print 4 him statement of result......shakara don end ...case clos...gr8 mau 4 life
tongue undecided grin

HAHAHAHAHAH BROS U WANT GIVE THEM HEART ATTACK NE? grin

1 Like

Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by eldoradoxx: 12:11pm On Nov 19, 2012
Inova: I need an update on this saga. It seems nobody is talking about it again. I guess the government has realized its not a worthy plan after all. My Unilag pips have we finally won the battle.

Court has no power to stop enactment of law. Unilag would ve succeeded if GEJ had not taken the right step of submitting a bill for the renaming of the school before National Assembly. Since has has done that, he has taken the legal procedure. Meanwhile stranger can't get an injunction restraining you from renaming your child, or can you? People seem to ve forgotten that Unilag is Fed govt property, lol . Why is it only Unilag that is complaining or Abiola doesn't deserve that honor? About 3 other Universities were also renamed within that period!

1 Like

Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 19, 2012
Maulag na the official name. So na una sabi cheesy
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by eldoradoxx: 12:23pm On Nov 19, 2012
buchibabe: All dat maulag stuff happened in Gej's dream. Bt he has woken up to reality
In official qarts, Govt now addresses the school as MUALAG, lol, Minister of Edu has since stopped calling it UNILag . The thing is that it is only national assembly that can stop this by refusing to pass the amendment into law, once it is passed, then legally, UNIlag's name changes and it would be illegal to address it as Unilag

1 Like

Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by akintun: 12:50pm On Nov 19, 2012
Hw will d school be differentiated frm d poly dat has d same name.

1 Like

Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by waley007(m): 12:52pm On Nov 19, 2012
that is the best name for the school.i like that name...........MAULAG...WHAT A NICE NAME
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by deletrue: 12:52pm On Nov 19, 2012
wonderful, there is recent receipt here with me bearing maulag issued my friend's daughter in Ojodu begger, lagos. Where is this confusion coming from?
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by dollyptosh(m): 1:02pm On Nov 19, 2012
lol
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by dollyptosh(m): 1:04pm On Nov 19, 2012
Babzilla:

HAHAHAHAHAH BROS U WANT GIVE THEM HEART ATTACK NE? grin
lwkm
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by mcqt21: 1:35pm On Nov 19, 2012
If ;Duna no take time,it wil b edited b gej on d jan ist 2013 2 Moshood wink abio shocked

grin :- undecided\la lagos universty..MALU(cow) or mashood abiola secondary grmmer school akproka...sori akoka. undecided
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by Solution12: 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2012
you are foolish for calling our president stupid.How can you call a whole president a stupid person.
kaysy:
The Match has been won by Akokaites since... don't mind that useless GEJ, all he knows best is how to set up committee
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by pauloman(m): 1:48pm On Nov 19, 2012
OkwaIfugo: It still remains Maulag.

In your dreams abi? Not even GEJ can bring down a school name as old as he is talkless of you !

Long live Akokites and Idiarabites !
Long live my Alma mata !!
Long live Unilag !!!

1 Like

Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by porka: 2:08pm On Nov 19, 2012
oxaloacetate: We have won the battle long ago,the name UNILAG was set up by a constitution so it can't be changed without involving the senate. Unfortunately GEJ thought he can use his power as a president to do whatever he likes but wholala, he lost it! Greatest akokites! We are the pride of the nation.

Not by the constitution but by an act.

The bill to rename the University of Lagos to Moshood Abiola University Lagos has been forwarded to the National Assembly along with two other universities to be renamed.

We wait for them to decide one way or another.

Until then, it remains the University of Lagos.

It could be there forever though.
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 19, 2012
mcqt21: If ;Duna no take time,it wil b edited b gej on d jan ist 2013 2 Moshood wink abio shocked

grin :- undecided\la lagos universty..MALU(cow) or mashood abiola secondary grmmer school akproka...sori akoka. undecided

HAHAHAHAHA! IF D UNILA.... SORRY MAUITES CATCH U BEGIN BEAT U I NO DEY O. tongue
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 19, 2012
This is one of the problems in Nigeria. Why do people have so much spite and jealousy of UNILAG. Is it because you were not admitted? Even if you were not admitted why can't you work towards it? The alumni, lecturers and students of the school don't want the name change. Must you force it on them? These is similar to forcing say all Ondo states residents to become Guava state residents without their permission. Yes, the government owns the school but the citizens of Nigeria own the government and hence the government should be subject to the citizens; in this case the alumni. The school,UNILAG is a great school in Nigerian standard but in International standards is really nowhere. We have University of Illinois, University of Texas Austin, Stanford, MIT etc, schools in the U.S known for serious research work that is changing the world. By the way I'm an alumnus of UNILAG Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering and that is what my certificate says and will forever say.

2 Likes

Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 19, 2012
12 inches!:
This is one of the problems in Nigeria. Why do people have so much spite and jealousy of UNILAG. Is it because you were not admitted? Even if you were not admitted why can't you work towards it? The alumni, lecturers and students of the school don't want the name change. Must you force it on them? These is similar to forcing say all Ondo states residents to become Guava state residents without their permission. Yes, the government owns the school but the citizens of Nigeria own the government and hence the government should be subject to the citizens; in this case the alumni. The school,UNILAG is a great school in Nigerian standard but in International standards is really nowhere. We have University of Illinois, University of Texas Austin, Stanford, MIT etc, schools in the U.S known for serious research work that is changing the world. By the way I'm an alumnus of UNILAG Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering and that is what my certificate says and will forever say.

DEAR MAUITE URE BARKING UP THE WRONG TREE HERE. MAYBE ITS GOODLUCK THAT WASNT ADMITTED AND HAS CHANGED THE NAME IN RETRIBUTION. GET USED 2 IT. MAU MAU LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by skalamanga: 5:37pm On Nov 19, 2012
"DEAR MAUITE URE BARKING UP THE WRONG TREE HERE. MAYBE ITS GOODLUCK THAT WASNT ADMITTED AND HAS CHANGED THE NAME IN RETRIBUTION. GET USED 2 IT. MAU MAU LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin"

grin walahi you be badt guy.... cheesy grin
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 19, 2012
Babzilla:

DEAR MAUITE URE BARKING UP THE WRONG TREE HERE. MAYBE ITS GOODLUCK THAT WASNT ADMITTED AND HAS CHANGED THE NAME IN RETRIBUTION. GET USED 2 IT. MAU MAU LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Sorry but I'm less concerned (in theory) whatever name UNILAG is called. I have bigger dreams now. I'm not in the school anymore. There is really nuffin for me to get used to.

2 Likes

Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by FILEBE(m): 5:59pm On Nov 19, 2012
Wat ar dese people sayin? Dat we cant see u online doesnt mean u shud start spewing "unjustified crap". Wich statement of result has got Maulag on it? Huh?
U beta go and check d year 1's i.d card and see if Maulag is writen there. And stop yarnin dust.
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by FILEBE(m): 6:04pm On Nov 19, 2012
Just like some1 had said earlier. It wud b beta not to revisit dis issue again. D case is jst a step away to b termed "closed". Revisitin may open it n i doubt Akokaites ar ready to give in to the name without anoda fight.
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by olagamalin(m): 8:46pm On Nov 19, 2012
OkwaIfugo: It still remains Maulag.
FOOL
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by Inova(m): 8:57pm On Nov 19, 2012
musKeeto: The wackiest frontpage topics on NL ever....

And why the HATING. Anyway I don't expect much from someone with such an alias "Muskeeto". Keep up the hating bro. Fits your personality well.
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by Inova(m): 9:28pm On Nov 19, 2012
eldoradoxx: Court has no power to stop enactment of law. Unilag would ve succeeded if GEJ had not taken the right step of submitting a bill for the renaming of the school before National Assembly. Since has has done that, he has taken the legal procedure. Meanwhile stranger can't get an injunction restraining you from renaming your child, or can you? People seem to ve forgotten that Unilag is Fed govt property, lol . Why is it only Unilag that is complaining or Abiola doesn't deserve that honor? About 3 other Universities were also renamed within that period!

Let's not peddle mediocrity. As an analogy, It should be agreed that every successive government should be regarded as a
step-father to the federal universities. Now using this analogy can your step father change your name abruptly?
Abiola should be honored where he made immense impact like sports; avaition. Though he tried in the educational sector but his passion was in sports.
Obafemi Awolowo's passion was in education. GEJ was on some cheap 1225 when he was making the announcement
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by Inova(m): 9:30pm On Nov 19, 2012
eldoradoxx: In official qarts, Govt now addresses the school as MUALAG, lol, Minister of Edu has since stopped calling it UNILag . The thing is that it is only national assembly that can stop this by refusing to pass the amendment into law, once it is passed, then legally, UNIlag's name changes and it would be illegal to address it as Unilag

Abeg the Minister of education should go and sleep jor. Butt licker. Rather than advice his boss of his fatal goof
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by Inova(m): 9:39pm On Nov 19, 2012
Babzilla:

I'm so sure dis mumu never got admission into UNILAG. Your Hating is getting really epic
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by Inova(m): 9:41pm On Nov 19, 2012
porka:

Not by the constitution but by an act.

The bill to rename the University of Lagos to Moshood Abiola University Lagos has been forwarded to the National Assembly along with two other universities to be renamed.

We wait for them to decide one way or another.

Until then, it remains the University of Lagos.

It could be there forever though.

This goes to show you how unintelligent the people ruling us are. Is renaming a university the country's priority now. Hmmmmm
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by urpee28(m): 10:46pm On Nov 19, 2012
still in court
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by Nobody: 5:14am On Nov 20, 2012
Inova:

I'm so sure dis mumu never got admission into UNILAG. Your Hating is getting really epic

GOTTA LOVE GOODLUCK ON THIS ONE BRO. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue U GUYS HAD IT COMING. I REMEMBER DURING THE MKO WAHALA, YEARS AGO, MAU WAS THE CENTRE OF ALL THE FRACAS. NO OTHER SCHOOL DEMONSTRATED SO MUCH FOR MKO'S FREEDOM NO OTHER SCHOOL MADE SO MUCH NOISE OVER JUNE 12. NOW UR EFFORTS HAVE COME BACK FULL CIRCLE. U AND UR ALUMNI R THE MUMUS FOR PROTESTING THE CHANGE. IF U HATED THE MAN SO MUCH WHY DEMONSTRATE FOR HIS CAUSE? MAU IS THE NAME AND MAU ITS GONNA BE. SUCK IT IN, SHUT UP & GET USED TO IT tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Beautiful Birds In The World (Photos) / Another Chance For 10 Good Students To Win 10k each / If U Had A Chance, To Punish Ur Past Sec School Teacher? Who And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.