Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (793224 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (382) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 5:31pm On Aug 05, 2022
thanks baba for updating us

Wiseadebiye:

VISA ALERT: 3-Month, Multiple Entry Visa

Biometrics- 27/07/2022
Return of Passport: 03/08/2022

Supporting Documents submitted (All black and white)

Detailed Cover Letter covering (Purpose of Visit, Personal Assets, Financial Status, Travel History, Why I Will Leave France)
Application form
Letter of Introduction (employer)
3 months account statements
Current and Expired Visas
3 months Travel Insurance
CSCS statements
Flight reservation (KLM pay later option)
Hotel Reservation (booking.com)
1 Passport Photograph
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Gbenag2000: 10:52pm On Aug 05, 2022
Hello everyone, it's good to hear feedback about applications made by people and I hope that those waiting would get theirs approved soon.

Please, I am new here and I need advice going about my visa application, I would appreciate a feedback from anyone.

I am a Masters student but got funding research opportunity from a lab under the France research Centre, the trip to France is for 3 months and it is funded i.e they are going to be responsible for accommodation as well as flight booking after VISA APPROVAL. They have issued a letter to this effect and another official document to submit alongside.

So please I need clarification on the below;

1. How do I get started? and I guess I would be applying for a short stay visa but would it be as a visitor, researcher or student?
2. Would I have to still present a bank statement, since it is a funded research trip? If yes, How many months?
3. Would I need to do a Police Character Certificate and what other document checklist do I need to get?
4. Where would I be submitting to? The consulate or a VFS Office or its to be uploaded online?

Please any other information about how to go about this process as a Novice. I can also be reached on adedoyingbenga@gmail.com

Thank you
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by rebless(m): 7:07am On Aug 08, 2022
Hello house

Has anyone been successful in getting refund from VFS for a failed appointment but account debited?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Kingingalways: 10:10am On Aug 09, 2022
Visa denied. Passport received 4 working days post biometrics.

Docs submitted: passport, pay on arrival hotel, book on hold airline, leave letter, cover letter, travel insurance, dom account in low five figures & naira account worth N2m, previous visas (no UK or US or Canada), covid certificate.

Reason: Justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not provided.

I’m a previous Schengen visa holder so I’m surprised. We move!

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 12:27pm On Aug 09, 2022
So sorry to hear this as a frequent traveler
How many times have u been in schengen area in the passed and which country issued you ur previous schengen visa

Something like this had happened to be before too so donot lose hope give time before reapplying
Kingingalways:

Docs submitted: passport, pay on arrival hotel, book on hold airline, leave letter, cover letter, travel insurance, dom account in low five figures & naira account worth N2m, previous visas (no UK or US or Canada), covid certificate.

Reason: Justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not provided.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by cucumbar: 10:27pm On Aug 09, 2022
Kingingalways:
Visa denied. Passport received 4 working days post [b][/b]biometrics.

I thought once the take your biometrics once, they don’t have to take it again when next you apply.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 10:47pm On Aug 09, 2022
nope oo u will still have to take it each time u going.

cucumbar:
I thought once the take your biometrics once, they don’t have to take it again when next you apply.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 10:50pm On Aug 09, 2022
pls as anyone pick appointment recently i need appointment for

first timer
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Aaaaarghmed(m): 5:35am On Aug 10, 2022
Kingingalways:

sorry bro..this us the same reason they gave me about 3months back.Though am a first time traveler.France matter get as e be
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Apriltreasure: 11:30am On Aug 10, 2022
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Princelano(m): 4:34pm On Aug 10, 2022
AskGod07:

Do you have travel history to Uk or other Schengen before or any western world?

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Princelano(m): 4:36pm On Aug 10, 2022
Bro, please did you document any previous travel history?
Villiers:
Hello Everyone.

I am very delight to say that i got my France visa. First timer; 30 days, multiple entry.

Submitted at VFS, 6th July.
Documents began processing, and was dispatched via UPS 15th.
UPS delivered on the 18th, my flight was on the 20th.

This would not have been possible without God and you guys.
I've been following this thread and check past posts back 2 back before applying.

Thank you all.

I'm in Clichy, Paris. �

P.s: If there's any Nigerian in Paris, kindly contact me. I'm very bored here most times.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Princelano(m): 4:43pm On Aug 10, 2022
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Princelano(m): 6:26pm On Aug 10, 2022
pufframmy:
Congratulations
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Princelano(m): 6:28pm On Aug 10, 2022
Bro, do you have any travel history?

talentarena:
Guys i have brought good news, i dint use a single agent i asked questions here read through, got my ome month france visa in 2 days, biometric on Wednesday visa issued on Thursday infact thats in one day, first timer infact i coppied and eddited cover letter from here, thamks to you all, i submitted same doc everyone has been listing
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by josephb(m): 6:30pm On Aug 10, 2022
Hi,
You said you have been denied at the Embassy of Norway twice recently? You meant this year; twice?

You said you have no travel history, it is even almost impossible to be granted a tourist visa, first of, there are no appointments for first time travellers unless of course you want to risk applying as a business traveller.

You shouldn't try to apply to any Schengen state until much later, give it some time.

What was the reasons for the refusal and what documents did you submit?

Regards,

Princelano:
Hello Everyone,

I want to apply for a visa to France or any Schengen country you'll advice me to. I have no travel history, I've lived my life in Nigeria. Recently got a job where I earn 46k monthly but my account statement over the last 6 months has done transactions over 3m. I've been denied Norway visa twice recently, so I don't know what advice I can get from you all. I really need to hear from the experts here, please be straight with me, I need the pros and cons, I can chest it all ��
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by HRprof: 6:32pm On Aug 10, 2022
Gbenag2000:
Hello everyone, it's good to hear feedback about applications made by people and I hope that those waiting would get theirs approved soon.

Please, I am new here and I need advice going about my visa application, I would appreciate a feedback from anyone.

I am a Masters student but got funding research opportunity from a lab under the France research Centre, the trip to France is for 3 months and it is funded i.e they are going to be responsible for accommodation as well as flight booking after VISA APPROVAL. They have issued a letter to this effect and another official document to submit alongside.

So please I need clarification on the below;

1. How do I get started? and I guess I would be applying for a short stay visa but would it be as a visitor, researcher or student?
2. Would I have to still present a bank statement, since it is a funded research trip? If yes, How many months?
3. Would I need to do a Police Character Certificate and what other document checklist do I need to get?
4. Where would I be submitting to? The consulate or a VFS Office or its to be uploaded online?

Please any other information about how to go about this process as a Novice. I can also be reached on adedoyingbenga@gmail.com

Thank you

1. You will need a visit visa, research visa is for academic Doctorate and lecturer going for research. I made the mistake Last time I visit French embassy I apply for research visa since that was the purpose of my visit and they told me it will be process as visit visa with explanations above and I got the 6 month visa but the program is for 3 months

2. You need to present your statement of account is one the documents required either they are funding your trip or not. But make it clear on your Statement of purpose letter that your trip will be funded by the organizer.

3. You do not need police clearance is not part of the checklist for visit visa

4. You will apply online then book interview appointment and go to VFS for submission of application and documents then do your biometric. Check VFS French visa application online for more details
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Princelano(m): 6:42pm On Aug 10, 2022
Yes, twice this year, reason for refusal is that I may not return as I have no ties even after submitting every document on the checklist, land documents, employment letter and leave from work, pay slip, yet bitter breakfast

josephb:
Hi,
You said you have been denied at the Embassy of Norway twice recently? You meant this year; twice?

You said you have no travel history, it is even almost impossible to be granted a tourist visa, first of, there are no appointments for first time travellers unless of course you want to risk applying as a business traveller.

You shouldn't try to apply to any Schengen state until much later, give it some time.

What was the reasons for the refusal and what documents did you submit?

Regards,

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by josephb(m): 7:26pm On Aug 10, 2022
Hi,

The Norwegian Embassy does one thing that i know, they are good at checking how desperate you are.

If the reason for first refusal was the same, you could have given it a time before re-applying, i can't predict the outcome should you eventually apply to the French Consulate, but sincerely with no travel history and two recent refusals, your chances are very slim.

Regards,

Princelano:
Yes, twice this year, reason for refusal is that I may not return as I have no ties even after submitting every document on the checklist, land documents, employment letter and leave from work, pay slip, yet bitter breakfast

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by josephb(m): 7:29pm On Aug 10, 2022
josephb:
Hi,

The Norwegian Embassy does one thing that i know, they are good at checking how desperate you are.

If the reason for first refusal was the same, you could have given it a time before re-applying, i can't predict the outcome should you eventually apply to the French Consulate, but sincerely with no travel history and two recent refusals, your chances are very slim.

Regards,

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Princelano(m): 10:47pm On Aug 10, 2022
Is it that all these Schengen countries share visa applications or applicants information or something?

So if I apply to another Schengen, they will know I previously applied to Norway?

[quote author=josephb post=115577030][/quote]
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 8:11am On Aug 11, 2022
Yes they will. Know
Princelano:
Is it that all these Schengen countries share visa applications or applicants information or something?

So if I apply to another Schengen, they will know I previously applied to Norway?

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Theblink123: 5:17pm On Aug 11, 2022
Hello guys please can a first time traveler apply through Abuja since there are no appointments for lagos.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 5:58pm On Aug 11, 2022
sure

Theblink123:
Hello guys please can a first time traveler apply through Abuja since there are no appointments for lagos.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Gbenag2000: 7:03pm On Aug 11, 2022
@HRprof

Thank you so much for this comprehensive feedback and sharing your mistake. But just a quick reply and clarification from the reply

1. The option for a research visa is not even showing, the close option to study and research I believe is long stay. I am a first time traveler and resident in Lagos, i tried using the website and it is showing no slots available for this category of applicants (See image attached), what do you suggest? However, I checked abuja which has just the short/long stay applicants.

2. In terms of length of bank statement, like how many months can I consider for the 2 months research and can I use my parents bank statement because I am a student. In addition, like how much can you recommend as the closing balance?

I look forward to responses to this.

Once again, thank you

HRprof:

1. You will need a visit visa, research visa is for academic Doctorate and lecturer going for research. I made the mistake Last time I visit French embassy I apply for research visa since that was the purpose of my visit and they told me it will be process as visit visa with explanations above and I got the 6 month visa but the program is for 3 months

2. You need to present your statement of account is one the documents required either they are funding your trip or not. But make it clear on your Statement of purpose letter that your trip will be funded by the organizer.

3. You do not need police clearance is not part of the checklist for visit visa

4. You will apply online then book interview appointment and go to VFS for submission of application and documents then do your biometric. Check VFS French visa application online for more details

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Theblink123: 7:06pm On Aug 11, 2022
pufframmy:
sure

Thanks for your swift response
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by HRprof: 10:36am On Aug 12, 2022
Gbenag2000:
@HRprof

Thank you so much for this comprehensive feedback and sharing your mistake. But just a quick reply and clarification from the reply

1. The option for a research visa is not even showing, the close option to study and research I believe is long stay. I am a first time traveler and resident in Lagos, i tried using the website and it is showing no slots available for this category of applicants (See image attached), what do you suggest? However, I checked abuja which has just the short/long stay applicants.

2. In terms of length of bank statement, like how many months can I consider for the 2 months research and can I use my parents bank statement because I am a student. In addition, like how much can you recommend as the closing balance?

I look forward to responses to this.

Once again, thank you

Since is Your first time to travel you will need to select Business Visa first time travel under this category choose the option for research. Meanwhile if they are accepting first time appiontment in lagos check Abuja. Long time travel is from 6 months above and is mostly for student

You will need 3 months bank statement of account, the closing balance does not matter much, they look at the inflow and outflow but since you are student doing masters they do not expect much in your account balance since you will be sponsored by the organizer. Ensure you provide evidence to that. You will not need your parent statement of account.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Villiers: 6:04pm On Aug 12, 2022
Princelano:
Bro, please did you document any previous travel history?

No, I'm a first timer.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Chikebrain: 8:38pm On Aug 12, 2022
Good day house, I need your help, advice and input.
I intend to go on a vacation with my family (wife and 2kids) to Paris hopefully by next year April (when the kids will be on holidays). Questions I have
1. I have created an acct on their portal. Can I use this account to submit I and my families passports or I have to open an accout individually and submit their passports.
2. Do we need vacinnation certificates
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by babs4all: 11:00pm On Aug 12, 2022
Chikebrain:
Good day house, I need your help, advice and input.
I intend to go on a vacation with my family (wife and 2kids) to Paris hopefully by next year April (when the kids will be on holidays). Questions I have
1. I have created an acct on their portal. Can I use this account to submit I and my families passports or I have to open an accout individually and submit their passports.
2. Do we need vacinnation certificates

April next year is 8 months from now. You should apply 3 months to your intended date of travelling. Yes, you can use your account to fill separate forms for your family. There's a way to create application form for each member of the family from your account.

You may need your vaccine certificate if you claimed to have been fully vaccinated when scheduling your appointment
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mulannoire(f): 1:03pm On Aug 13, 2022
Hello guys, pls i have a couple of questions. Is the unavailability of slots a temporary situation and are there groups working towards getting available dates? Also, could i apply as a frequent traveller if i've never been in France but visited another schengen country in 2015?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Slim234: 10:42pm On Aug 13, 2022
fatimar5:

3-4 working days!!!
please I will need advice on this too. I submitted my passport at VFS on Wednesday and I got a reply on Friday that it's ready. I am very worried as the processing time is so fast and if this will affect my chances of getting the visa. I am on a self sponsoring and my school fees was fully paid for. Please what do you think is this time frame normal have you heard or seen such a short time frame before?

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (382) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: Chigirl23401 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.