Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,566 members, 7,955,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:50 PM

Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? (13273 Views)

Imagine You Own This Ride And Your Pastor Asked You To Sow A Seed With It / Christ Embassy Being Investigated By Uk’s Charity Commission / Pastor Tb Joshua's Church Being Investigated By Uk Health Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 18, 2012
How do you feel when your pastor asks questions about your income and pressing you to pay tithe?

I am a baptist but believe God is everywhere and by so worship every now and then in other churches, I've noticed pastors and prophets are in the habit of wanting to know how much you earn especially these new generation churches that usually have between 2-5 or just one church.

They want to know where you work, your position at the office and some other funny questions. Is this even right? Why is the craze for wealth beginning to affect even so called 'men of God'.

4 Likes

Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by WENGERNOMICS(m): 8:57am On Nov 18, 2012
For me, any Pastor/Prophet that places undue emphasis and any kind of pressure on members for tithe and offering......or goes as far as asking where one works ......is just 'a career business man'.....Calmly look for another place.

The truth is dat these teachings must be balanced. In 1st Corinthians 9 v 7-15.....paul explains a principle that many people try to manipulate. Truth be told God has Ordained that Apostles, Pastors,Teachers ,evangelists and preachers eat from the work they are doing....dat is d purpose of offering and tithe......so dat d church workers be fed and d work of ministry can go on......but we see people who set up churches for d sole aim of exploiting dis ordinance.

For me, d true mark of a man of God will be one who does not care if u give or not......but who trusts in God for his su pplies....Like I said somewhere else.....there are lots of fake pastors and prophets anywhere.....God did not even flash them talkless of call them........However, Fake is always proof that there is an Original.......so my advice is......calm down and look for d original......Yes they will preach prosperity...if that is what they are called to do......but there will be balance...
As for me......I found my spiritual father and av settled with him for 7 yrs and the effect is showing in my life......no amount of public outburst against him will make me change my mind.....Na God show me!

7 Likes

Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by goldenval(m): 12:46pm On Nov 18, 2012
Tired of nigeria pastors. Okay coming back for my own comment
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Truckpusher(m): 12:48pm On Nov 18, 2012
They are treating you like a typical Nigerian, they know that you'll pay any amount to get more prosperous and all that blah blah blah they say to extort you and buy a private jet all in the name of God.

3 Likes

Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by jide4lagos(m): 12:53pm On Nov 18, 2012
Sharp pastors with Badt congregation.

4 Likes

Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by mumumugu(m): 12:57pm On Nov 18, 2012
Wetin concern pastor with my money?

1 Like

Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Olaone1: 12:59pm On Nov 18, 2012
blink182:
They want to know where you work, your position at the office and some other funny questions. Is this even right? Why is the craze for wealth beginning to affect even so called 'men of God'.

They all do this. It is their stock-in-trade these days. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 18, 2012
Few comments, lol, read my signature grin
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by philipstanley(m): 1:02pm On Nov 18, 2012
I there nt answer dis question 4rm any man of goat

1 Like

Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by PastorKun(m): 1:02pm On Nov 18, 2012
Investigating church member's finances is standard practise in CEC and other moneycentric churches.

3 Likes

Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 18, 2012
Some of them wanna know ur position so as to be able to pray with u, probably for promotions....

But fact remains that, they'll wanna always know if ur table can direct some contracts to them, or how influential u really are.

1 Like

Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Uzzie: 1:07pm On Nov 18, 2012
Truckpusher: They are treating you like a typical Nigerian, they know that you'll pay any amount to get more prosperous and all that blah blah blah they say to extort you and buy a private jet all in the name of God.
E-man grin grin grin
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by t3ky(m): 1:08pm On Nov 18, 2012
blink182: How do you feel when your pastor asks questions about your income and pressing you to pay tithe?

I am a baptist but believe God is everywhere and by so worship every now and then in other churches, I've noticed pastors and prophets are in the habit of wanting to know how much you earn especially these new generation churches that usually have between 2-5 or just one church.

blink182: How do you feel when your pastor asks questions about your income and pressing you to pay tithe?

it looks as if u've been visiting those churches(no offence intended)
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by fingard02k(m): 1:08pm On Nov 18, 2012
is he a kidnapper?

2 Likes

Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Beync(f): 1:13pm On Nov 18, 2012
Does the pastor smoke to ask me that kind of question
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by kambah(m): 1:15pm On Nov 18, 2012
all Nigeria pastors plus CAN president are all business oriented pple, they knw hw to extort money frm congress. Imagine pastor asking members where they work, hw much they earn and when to pay tithe. The best practice is every pastor should work to sustain hs or her family. Money makers.

1 Like

Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by GeneralGaricks: 1:15pm On Nov 18, 2012
When you press me unduely for money, i get offended. One guy tried that with me, i told him point blank, ''stop calling me, am not owing you''. I only made a promise i will fulfill at my convenience.

Isnt it the bible that says '' God loves a cheerful giver ''? Fake pastors make people give under compulsion. Its weird.
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 18, 2012
They are like the FIRS, they want to be sure that your Taxation tithe is properly assessed.

2 Likes

Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 18, 2012
kambah: all Nigeria pastors plus CAN president are all business oriented pple, they knw hw to extort money frm congress. Imagine pastor asking members where they work, hw much they earn and when to pay tithe. The best practice is every pastor should work to sustain hs or her family. Money makers.

Word!
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by freecocoa(f): 1:18pm On Nov 18, 2012
t3ky: [color=#006600][/color]
it looks as if u've been visiting those churches(no offence intended)
Na wa o.
The OP clearly stated that he attends other churches even as a baptist, yet you came up with this statement.
Ability to read is obviously not where it ends.undecided
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 18, 2012
Truckpusher: They are treating you like a typical Nigerian, they know that you'll pay any amount to get more prosperous and all that blah blah blah they say to extort you and buy a private jet all in the name of God.
LMBAO. NOT ONLY NAIJA PASTORS. LISTEN TO THIS PIECE OF CRAP TELL HIS CONGREGATION THAT IF THEY DONT BRING THE TITHE THEY SHOULD NOT COME BACK TO HIS CHURCH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsg3g_Qprm8
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 18, 2012
CREFLO NAIRA SAYS HE WILL SHOOT HIS MEMBERS WHO DONT TITHE WITH UZIS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM3BWAmlXis&feature=related
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Truckpusher(m): 1:30pm On Nov 18, 2012
Uzzie:
E-man grin grin grin
Uzzie gbouy !!! Aw far na? Leave naija pple ,them never learn , the pastors dem dey use their head wella....which one you come dey label me e-man na?....I won't come and relieve you so that kongee go kill you grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Uzzie: 1:34pm On Nov 18, 2012
Truckpusher: Uzzie gbouy !!! Aw far na? Leave naija pple ,them never learn , the pastors dem dey use their head wella....which one you come dey label me e-man na?....I won't come and relieve you so that kongee go kill you grin grin grin grin grin
abeg na...no vex sir!! i'm very sorry cry
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by deolumike(m): 1:36pm On Nov 18, 2012
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by jamace(m): 1:37pm On Nov 18, 2012
The fear of religious jobber MOGs is the begginning of wisdom. cheesy
Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Teejayphillip(m): 1:38pm On Nov 18, 2012
Dia's no big deal in Ur pastor investigatin ur income,bur it depends on ow its bin investigated... U cnt b given unreasonable money as tithe or offering 2 d church,witout a sensible n reasonable pastor questionning U abt it..

Bur my only advise 4 U is nt 2 gif room 4 U bein manipulated by dem.. Cos sum afta knowing fully well abt ur job,position or status wuld want 2 take advantage of U...

E.G sumone came offering my pastor a Mercedes benz Beast,dat waz 6yrs ago,d only question my pastor asked him waz 'Wat du U du 4 a living' d man waz zo mad @ my pastor and went away wif d stupid gift he brot. 2months later he waz roped in a deal,were it waz discovered dat he waz a 419.. If my pastor had collected d gift,ridin on it n sittin @ d back of d car witout investigatin Wat d persin's source of income waz.. He wuld ave bin roped in alzo..

Most men of God won't wanna go extra miles in knowing dia members fully well.. Dey ® jus afta ur money,n wen U du bad tin in dia sight dey simply tell u,U ® doin d rightful tin,because of Wat dey wanna collect 4rm U..

Zo no big deal in d investigation,except ur pastor wantz 2 extract 4rm U,den U can run 4rm dia deceit..

4 Likes

Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Uzzie: 1:43pm On Nov 18, 2012
Teejayphillip: Dia's no big deal in Ur pastor investigatin ur income,bur it depends on ow its bin investigated... U cnt b given unreasonable money as tithe or offering 2 d church,witout a sensible n reasonable pastor questionning U abt it..

Bur my only advise 4 U is nt 2 gif room 4 U bein manipulated by dem.. Cos sum afta knowing fully well abt ur job,position or status wuld want 2 take advantage of U...

E.G sumone came offering my pastor a Mercedes benz Beast,dat waz 6yrs ago,d only question my pastor asked him waz 'Wat du U du 4 a living' d man waz zo mad @ my pastor and went away wif d stupid gift he brot. 2months later he waz roped in a deal,were it waz discovered dat he waz a 419.. If my pastor had collected d gift,ridin on it n sittin @ d back of d car witout investigatin Wat d persin's source of income waz.. He wuld ave bin roped in alzo..

Most men of God won't wanna go extra miles in knowing dia members fully well.. Dey ® jus afta ur money,n wen U du bad tin in dia sight dey simply tell u,U ® doin d rightful tin,because of Wat dey wanna collect 4rm U..

i beg to differ with you sir, what is your idea of an unreasonable tithe??, if u pay less, then that should be between u and your God.

1 Like

Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Subtext: 1:44pm On Nov 18, 2012
WENGERNOMICS:
As for me......I found my spiritual father and av settled with him for 7 yrs and the effect is showing in my life......no amount of public outburst against him will make me change my mind.....Na God show me!

You laid down good points except for the part above. The day your so called 'spiritual father' mistakenly strays and trust me its VERY POSSIBLE, you too will stray. We are to call no else father except Jesus Christ. Let the Holy Spirit alone be your ALL in ALL, your guide, your final say. That way, even your Pastor can learn something from you. I'm not just talking o, I'm speaking from experience. This is the biggest problem of the Nigerian Mega Churches today. They ALL started very well, but somewhere on a few issues, they seemed to have missed it.

Have a nice day.

5 Likes

Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by Truckpusher(m): 1:45pm On Nov 18, 2012
98% of Nigerian pastors are fake and criminaly minded always taking advantage of Nigerians because of the level of poverty to rip them off and woe betides you if you dare say this to their myopic and brainwashed bunch of followers...I think it's high time the corrupt government of Nigeria begins to tax them .

1 Like

Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by ShalomNigeria: 1:47pm On Nov 18, 2012
Though "Bad people have spoilt right motives of the good ones", I still believe a pastor (or elders) need to know committed members of their congregation i.e where you work, nature of the job (but I don't believe they need to ask for the amount you earn). The church consists of mixed flock (sheep and goat). There is the need to have some of these information so that they won't give responsibility to the wrong people. People in the past have criticize churches that have members who are corrupt or armed robbers. Also, how would the church know members that need assistance? I don't think a church member who is unemployed or under-employed will see anything wrong if his pastor ask him such question. Rather, some will be the one to approach their pastor and reveal their pay so as to get prayer support. It is fine if I choose to tell my pastor but I don't think it is appropriate if I am asked. But I am at liberty to answer if I am ask such question.

1 Like

Re: Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? by jhydebaba(m): 1:48pm On Nov 18, 2012
Probably ur pastor needs a private jet, such questions are imperative in planning towards getting one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did This Really Happen? Mana Falling From Heaven In Angola!!! Since 1945 / Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? / Nicholas Anyanwu Wins Lawsuit As Abuja Court Nullifies His Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.