Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,933 members, 7,814,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Pastor Tb Joshua's Church Being Investigated By Uk Health Officials - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Tb Joshua's Church Being Investigated By Uk Health Officials (3269 Views)

The Church Being Built By Governor Dickson In Bayelsa - Photos / Pastor TB Joshua As A Humble Young Man (Pictures) / Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Tb Joshua's Church Being Investigated By Uk Health Officials by r231(m): 12:40pm On Oct 21, 2011
UK health officials are looking into the role of evangelical churches including the Synagogue Church of All Nations, with UK headquarters in Southwark, South London, for advising parishioners to abandon HIV drug treatments in favor of prayer according to a British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) report.

Already several AIDS patients who stopped taking their medications on the advice of their pastors have died.

At the website of the Synagogue Church of All Nations, headed by millionaire Pastor T.B. Joshua of Nigeria, photos appear of people the church claims to have been cured of HIV through prayer.

In one example, the church's website claims: "Mrs Badmus proudly displays her two different medical records confirming she is 100% free from HIV-

Aids following the prayer of Pastor T B Joshua."

According to the website of the Synagogue Church (SCOAN), by using anointing water "you are positioned for healing." "HIV-Aids healing" is listed on the church's website among "miracles" it says it can perform.
"Cancer healing" and "baby miracles" are also advertised.

The church's UK website promotes a monthly "prayer line" for which it says: "If you are having a medical condition, it is important you bring a medical report for record and testimony purposes."

Videos posted on the internet show its services in south London, in which participants who claim to have arthritis, asthma and schizophrenia say they have been healed after being sprayed with "anointing water" provided by the church.

Mary Buhari, 44 , from central London, told the BBC she had had a phone conversation with a representative of the church, in which she was told she could be cured of HIV.

"I was told they can cure any illness on Earth through prayer, including HIV," she said.
However, when asked by BBC London if it claimed its pastors can cure HIV, SCOAN responded: "We are not the healer. God is the healer. Never a sickness God cannot heal. Never a disease God cannot cure.

"We don't ask people to stop taking medication," the church added. "Doctors treat; God heals."

At least three people in London with HIV have died after they stopped taking life saving drugs on the advice of their Evangelical Christian pastors.

"We see patients quite often who will come having expressed the belief that if they pray frequently enough, their HIV will somehow be cured," said Prof Jane Anderson, director of the Centre for the Study of Sexual Health and HIV, in Hackney.

"We have seen people who choose not to take the tablets at all so sometimes die."

Conservative MP Norman Fowler condemned pastors giving this advice, saying: "It's dangerous to the public and dangerous in terms of public health."

"It's irresponsible," he said. “Pastors should instead "come off the air on it, look at things much more seriously, and not give this completely wrong advice to the public".
Re: Pastor Tb Joshua's Church Being Investigated By Uk Health Officials by JeSoul(f): 2:10pm On Oct 21, 2011
Good move.

Though I'm not sure if UK law has provisions for the prosecution of a 'crime' like this . . . if someone of their own freewill (whether deceived or not) chooses to stop taking their medication. We'll see. I hope if not anything the eyes of many will be opened and they will be snapped back to their senses.
Re: Pastor Tb Joshua's Church Being Investigated By Uk Health Officials by Joagbaje(m): 2:58pm On Oct 21, 2011
What will they do? I don't believe any church stop anybody from drugs. It's a faith thing. Hew Inge and miracles will always be part of Christianity .

I'm aware most healing churches do send people back to tHe hospital where they were first diagnosed to be checked again after ministration or at least they were encouraged to go for test. If the Test proved there's healing ,they come back to testify showing both record. BEFORE AND AFTER.
Re: Pastor Tb Joshua's Church Being Investigated By Uk Health Officials by NicolasN: 11:31am On Oct 22, 2011
What are they saying Simple because U.K does not believe in God does not mean they should criticize Christianity. They should rather find something to do about the Muslims taking over u.k using churches for mosque. BBC reporters should rather investigate on that and not the result of the power God in people's life cos' they have little or no knowledge about it.

This news on BBC can be a strategy to confuse people (Christians) that there is no more miracle whereas God remains the healer. The fact that Jesus Christ died on the cross of Calvary does not mean that there is no more miracles. He lives! The age of miracle has not pass the miracle worker is still alive and His name is Jesus Christ!

Thank you.
Re: Pastor Tb Joshua's Church Being Investigated By Uk Health Officials by EvilBrain1(m): 12:58pm On Oct 22, 2011
Nicolas N.:

What are they saying Simple because U.K does not believe in God does not mean they should criticize Christianity. They should rather find something to do about the Muslims taking over u.k using churches for mosque. BBC reporters should rather investigate on that and not the result of the power God in people's life cos' they have little or no knowledge about it.

This news on BBC can be a strategy to confuse people (Christians) that there is no more miracle whereas God remains the healer. The fact that Jesus Christ died on the cross of Calvary does not mean that there is no more miracles. He lives! The age of miracle has not pass the miracle worker is still alive and His name is Jesus Christ!

Thank you.

^^^^ What is this cräp? We're talking about people being decieved and dying horribly as a result and you post this rètarded Jesus-fanboy rant. So you want them to investigate the muslims for opening new mosques, but not shady "pastors" who are causing real harm to their followers?

It's narrow-minded, blind fundies like you that make me glad I've turned my back on religion.
Re: Pastor Tb Joshua's Church Being Investigated By Uk Health Officials by OmoTier1(m): 11:05am On Oct 23, 2011
Evil Brain:

^^^^ What is this cräp? We're talking about people being decieved and dying horribly as a result and you post this rètarded Jesus-fanboy rant. So you want them to investigate the muslims for opening new mosques, but not shady "pastors" who are causing real harm to their followers?

It's narrow-minded, blind fundies like you that make me glad I've turned my back on religion.
Arrant nonsense! Better you shut it in if you can not read the handwriting on the wall.

Why haven't they gpne to probe the hindus, seikhs, and those imams that keep thier sick followers locked indoors in the name of healing? oh, sorry they are scared of being labeled anti-islam

Beside,I hope when they are donw with thier investigation they wouldn't sweep the report under when thier findings are at variance with thier suspicion like the MET police did with KICC Pastors
Re: Pastor Tb Joshua's Church Being Investigated By Uk Health Officials by Kay17: 12:41pm On Oct 23, 2011
^^^

Someone's life was lost!
Re: Pastor Tb Joshua's Church Being Investigated By Uk Health Officials by smfula: 11:16am On Nov 26, 2011
This is a lie against T.B.Joshua withing two weeks ,he spoke on emmanuel.tv that medical practitioners are from God and that jhe and the synagogue does not stop people from using medical prescribed medicenes.

Infact any one going to the synagogue are often asked to get medical report before they are are attended to and fafter being attended to.
Re: Pastor Tb Joshua's Church Being Investigated By Uk Health Officials by Horus(m): 1:38pm On Nov 26, 2011
[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCjqB_tGVio[/flash]

(SHOCK VIDEO) Church Tells HIV Patients To Stop Treatment

We sent three undercover reporters to the Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN),
which is based in Southwark, south London. All of them told the pastors they were HIV positive.
All were told they could be healed.

(1) (Reply)

Christ At Creation / WOW!! The Skull Of Goliath Discovered By German Archeologist (see Photos) / Know Your Popes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.