Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? (6785 Views)

Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? / How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? / Faithful To My Wife But (a Girl) Fell In Luv wth me Our First Interaction. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 18, 2012
I have seen many married couples that stayed together till death seperated them, with no records of cheating from any of the two parties, and I have also seen cases of which a party cheated on their spouse.

Now the question is; why are the faithful one still faithful to their spouse ?

1. Is it because they are no longer s.exually attracted to other people except their spouse ?

2. or Is it because they are attracted but are strong enough to remain faithful ?

Please share your thought.
Re: Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? by JallowBah(f): 6:27pm On Nov 19, 2012
I believe anyone can be attracted to other people, and think they are beautiful, and "if I was singel.."
The difference is how you take it from there.
Re: Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? by EfemenaXY: 7:26pm On Nov 19, 2012
Methinks "Personality" and "Cultural Upbringing" has a role to play here.

You'll find more often than not, it's the women who stay "faithful" to cheating spouses...

Or maybe, they "appear" to be faithful, but are getting their kicks just as well, except that they do it discreetly / secretly.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? by JallowBah(f): 8:00pm On Nov 19, 2012
Efemena_xy: Methinks "Personality" and "Cultural Upbringing" has a role to play here.

You'll find more often than not, it's the women who stay "faithful" to cheating spouses...

Or maybe, they "appear" to be faithful, but are getting their kicks just as well, except that they do it discreetly / secretly.

Or just growing up and seeing things happen to your mother/father, that you do not wish for yourself, I guess.

I have learned from my mother what kind of man and marriage I do NOT wish to have myself, and what I need in a marriage for me to be happy.
Luckily, I found a man who see things somewhat the same as I do.

But I do agree; women tend to stay more after cheating, than the men seems to do.
Re: Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 20, 2012
Efemena xy
Methinks "Personality" and "Cultural Upbringing" has a role to play here.

I don't think its a personal thing or its attached to any cultural or social upbringing. there are no evidence that relates cultural upbringing with sexual feelings. even in a country like Saudi Arabia or Pakistan where islamic religion is practice, people still cheat on their spouse.

if its personality, the question still stands. doess he/she no longer find others attractive? or they chose to still remain faithful considering their *personality and/or marriage rules?
Re: Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? by Daresh(f): 9:40pm On Nov 21, 2012
For me its my upbringing. I just cant bring myself to cheat. I wont even put myself in the situation sef. When I find an attraction, I flee cos I no wan wahala.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? by JallowBah(f): 11:22pm On Nov 21, 2012
dahonestboss: Efemena xy

I don't think its a personal thing or its attached to any cultural or social upbringing. there are no evidence that relates cultural upbringing with sexual feelings. even in a country like Saudi Arabia or Pakistan where islamic religion is practice, people still cheat on their spouse.

if its personality, the question still stands. doess he/she no longer find others attractive? or they chose to still remain faithful considering their *personality and/or marriage rules?

I do believe you will always find others attractive, it is an instinct. But for me, I look at a handsome man and think "Mmmhm, he is one hot dude..but, the one I got at home is the full package." And then I look away.

Many people give in to that first thought, and take it further, instead of turning their back.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? by joy78(f): 1:49am On Nov 22, 2012
Where,the,mind,goes...the,man,follows...
Re: Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:04am On Nov 22, 2012
JallowBah:

Many people give in to that first thought, and take it further, instead of turning their back.

JallowBah,

You have a point. I once heard someone say that one can't avoid the first look but one can avoid the second look.
Re: Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? by JallowBah(f): 11:16am On Nov 22, 2012
ferhyntorlah:

JallowBah,

You have a point. I once heard someone say that one can't avoid the first look but one can avoid the second look.

They actually write that in the Quran, for men regarding women who do not cover.
But I have also read it other places, and I do believe that is a "good rule" to go by.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 22, 2012
cuz the lords wrath is deadly. ask that hamzat guy
Re: Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? by Opoki(m): 12:21pm On Nov 22, 2012
obadiah777: cuz the lords wrath is deadly. ask that hamzat guy
Re: Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? by Opoki(m): 12:22pm On Nov 22, 2012
obadiah777: cuz the lords wrath is deadly. ask that hamzat guy
Rhetorically he can't cos Hamzat is 6feet below... He's sleeping and so will he for life... RIP.
Re: Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? by Suljosh: 12:31pm On Nov 22, 2012
Me personaly i think its the fear of God!

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? by sigmundfreud(m): 12:31pm On Nov 22, 2012
because when they asked
'...do u take this woman to be ur .... ,to forsake all others,...to love and cherish,.. in sickness and in health,..till death do us part'
I said 'I DO'...and meant it!
Re: Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? by markus1133: 12:32pm On Nov 22, 2012
its nice too
Re: Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? by Intrepid1(m): 12:42pm On Nov 22, 2012
Love is not an emotion. It is a decision. It takes a strong person to stay faithful to vows freely made. Weak, undisciplined people cheat...

6 Likes

Re: Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? by othenok(f): 12:44pm On Nov 22, 2012
Me i think its a bit of nature ( My personality) and nuture (My upbringing). I never saw such growing up and my personality hates stress, i don't think i can manage dual sex life, am sure i would be found out from d first day. Thats for me sha!

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? by POTUT(m): 12:46pm On Nov 22, 2012
For me, I don't find any other woman sexually worthy anymore. An ex once tried to chat me up two weeks after my wedding and I turned get flat down, even though she was very good when it was going...perhaps the best, but a strong canceling anchor hooked me when I said "...I do".
Paper attraction and first looks will always be there...but a sixth sense should hold everyone back, because when you look back after the act, you'll truly feel worthless inside, even if you don't show it.
Couples who cheat on themselves simply take their marriage for granted.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? by beynee: 1:13pm On Nov 22, 2012
POTUT: For me, I don't find any other woman sexually worthy anymore. An ex once tried to chat me up two weeks after my wedding and I turned get flat down, even though she was very good when it was going...perhaps the best, but a strong canceling anchor hooked me when I said "...I do".
Paper attraction and first looks will always be there...but a sixth sense should hold everyone back, because when you look back after the act, you'll truly feel worthless inside, even if you don't show it.
this is what I call real man. spread the message.
Re: Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? by greatgod2012(f): 1:17pm On Nov 22, 2012
1. To my best knowledge, he is faithful to me, so, one good turn deserve another, and even, if he is d type dt does, two wrongs can never make a right.
2. Fornication/adultery/marital cheating is bad, d lord frowns at it i cant do it, i fear God's wrath.
3. I cant imagine myself unclading myself b4 another man, hhhmmm, its nauseating!
4. No other man is worthy to see my unclothedness again. I am committed to my marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? by kittykat1(f): 1:19pm On Nov 22, 2012
POTUT: For me, I don't find any other woman sexually worthy anymore. An ex once tried to chat me up two weeks after my wedding and I turned get flat down, even though she was very good when it was going...perhaps the best, but a strong canceling anchor hooked me when I said "...I do".
Hugzzzz
Re: Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? by Dygeasy(m): 1:24pm On Nov 22, 2012
Now you're asking bi? Let my spouse catch you... Why I no go faithful? Answer me na... No be marriage? Na SPOUSE you sef talk... I love my wife ooo...

In all seriousness there is no reason why I am faithful to my wife other than cos she is my wife...what more reason could there be? Marriage is not a bathroom where you enter and come out after some minutes, it more like a house where you tend to live till whenever...so I guess I have donated my one coin.
#teamfaithfulhusbys#

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? by crusufixo(m): 1:24pm On Nov 22, 2012
Its just the right thing to do. Simple and short !!!!!
Re: Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? by JallowBah(f): 1:35pm On Nov 22, 2012

I feel the same about my husband.

Other men look good. Even damn good. But worthy..? Nope.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? by odehaj: 1:36pm On Nov 22, 2012
But is there any thing like cheating on spouse as regards to the Muslim man?Just asking since they are entitled to four wives&many concubines outside marriage.
Re: Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? by JallowBah(f): 1:54pm On Nov 22, 2012
odehaj: But is there any thing like cheating on spouse as regards to the Muslim man?Just asking since they are entitled to four wives&many concubines outside marriage.

They are allowed to take more than one wife, IF they can care for every wife in the same matter, with both money and love. This goes from the fact that a muslim man is supposed to support his wife, or wives, financially.
That they can take concubines..? Never heard of. Or are you thinking about the temporary marriages that they can do?
Re: Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? by oobim(m): 2:34pm On Nov 22, 2012
I'm nt even into s.ex,but i cheated on my ex once.D guilt almost made me commit suicide.I guess i felt dat bad cos she loved me too much,was faithful and decent.That was d last time i ever cheated on anyone,d guilt is killing!Those who have beauiful,faithful wives and continiously cheat on them are strong o!I stil wonder hw they cope with d guilt

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? by JallowBah(f): 3:16pm On Nov 22, 2012
^^ I strongly believe that the people who continue to cheat don`t feel guilty. At all.
Re: Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? by azzypandes(m): 3:56pm On Nov 22, 2012
She look naturally beautiful everyday I set my eyes on are,I never meet such a lady in ma life
Re: Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? by adventisty: 4:14pm On Nov 22, 2012
Afraid of her!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

PLEASE HELP!!! DONT LET MY SISTER IS DIE IN HOSPITAL (PHOTO) / Family Finance / A Testimony I Must Share!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.