Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,446 members, 7,861,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:55 AM

Oil Workers Zone. - Career (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Oil Workers Zone. (167259 Views)

2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition / MTN, Etisalat And Glo: How They Pay Their Workers - www.NigerianBulletin.com / Oil Workers And Bankers Who Earns More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by petengine(m): 8:10pm On Sep 18, 2015
@ Scantee, Tylerdan et al. you guys are really doing a great job here. I must commend your effort scantee. you didn't feel discourage to continue your good work despite all the abuses and insult u were faced with at the beginning of this great thread you put up here. kudos to you my brother.

I recently graduated with 2.1 in Petroleum Engineering and am awaiting service next year. I will really appreciate if you can link me up with any oil company for an I.T job while awaiting service. I based in pH. thanks and continue your good work. God bless you.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 23, 2015
”Everyone has a chance, it depends on having the required qualifications, knowing the right people and leaving the rest to God”....May God help us all
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 24, 2015
Just saw your post scantee though its coming late but all in all pls accept my condolence,I don't know who it is but for sure I guess its someone dear to you.may the soul of d departed rest in peace.this is the reality of life,we wld all die someday.
Stay strong bro,life goes on!
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 4:00am On Sep 25, 2015
IHate9ja1:
Just saw your post scantee though its coming late but all in all pls accept my condolence,I don't know who it is but for sure I guess its someone dear to you.may the soul of d departed rest in peace.this is the reality of life,we wld all die someday.
Stay strong bro,life goes on!
thanx Victor.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by lobell: 11:34am On Sep 25, 2015
scantee:
thanx Victor.
Sorry for your loss sir! Take heart and may God grant you the fortitude to bear the loss.4
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by lobell: 11:34am On Sep 25, 2015
double post
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 5:30pm On Sep 25, 2015
lobell:

Sorry for your loss sir! Take heart and may God grant you the fortitude to bear the loss.4
tanx paddy
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 25, 2015
Strictly for those at home not engaged in any physical activities to earn income at the end of the month. here comes an opportunity for you to earn some amount of money while pursuing your desire job or career; this can be achieved only if you have browsing phone or have access to internet.Simply click on this link or copy and past in your browser http://TheRevenueJob.com/?ref=16246 and then register to create yours account and after registration a task will be assigned to you to achieve online in order to earn your income as the project progresses.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Switlife: 11:10am On Oct 09, 2015

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 1:31am On Oct 10, 2015
wat are d chances of geologists in the oil industry today
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by daxlasaint(m): 8:45am On Oct 15, 2015
efe2luv:
why is it that when we talk about oil coys in 9ja the only ones that come to mind are SHEll.MOBIL, total ,lng, chevron...i know they are production coys...but when we want to talk about remunerations not only these popular coy pay well...oil servicing company and offshore construction coys give competitive packages too.. It may even suprise you to know that they pay higher than these production companies.....Also for the issue of contract staff n permanent staffs.....Internationally, contract staffs are paid better and higher remunerations than permanent staffs...we have people who go home for example in 9ja 500euros per day rate u can calculate that n see that people are paid salaries of 30 milliom naira or more in a year....shine your eyes it is true without mincing words.....i work offshore and i can confirm this to be true......on the other hand a permanent staff may not receive up to half of his yearly pay....contract staffing in 9ja is being abused by contractors who collect bulk of the money n chop the others....There are companies after paying u all these money gives u a fone for unlimited calling as u like and also open an a company personal account for u where they load it with minimum of 1000pound or so for company emergencies assigned to u..this is not part of your salary o.....guys things are happening in the oil/gas sector that if u hear more u will just be drooling......forget party n monthly food ...thats not the important thing..........Its fun working for oil servicing coys..esp the offshore company cos u dont go to work every morning and come back in the evening...u go offshores and when u are at home u have time for urself no work and your family...u can do whatever u like travel to which ever country u like and be free.....so leave SHELL, MOBIL...LNG...Or the others mata jare......LG....
very true, I work as a contract Staff under ZAKHEM Nigeria, an oil and gas construction company and as a contract staff, my salary isn't up to par with what it should be but its still about 3 times what their permanent staff get paid...
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by daxlasaint(m): 8:48am On Oct 15, 2015
tooco:
wat are d chances of geologists in the oil industry today

Almost zero chance of actually working as a geologist.... I studied applied geology in the university and have never worked as one, infact less than 10% of my set got jobs relating to our field of study, sometimes I just feel geology is more of an academic course than a professional one in naija... and that's very disheartening to say the least
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by amicdan(m): 11:04am On Oct 15, 2015
Hi bro.....Need to contact you...your email add please....Thankz man! smiley
daxlasaint:
very true, I work as a contract Staff under ZAKHEM Nigeria, an oil and gas construction company and as a contract staff, my salary isn't up to par with what it should be but its still about 3 times what their permanent staff get paid...
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by duduade: 3:13pm On Oct 15, 2015
Why do the whites get more paid than our counterparts. .?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 15, 2015
daxlasaint:

Almost zero chance of actually working as a geologist.... I studied applied geology in the university and have never worked as one, infact less than 10% of my set got jobs relating to our field of study, sometimes I just feel geology is more of an academic course than a professional one in naija... and that's very disheartening to say the least
Its a shame,bt wat of outside d country i mean jobs
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by daxlasaint(m): 9:23pm On Oct 15, 2015
Outside naija we are kingzzzz grin
tooco:
Its a shame,bt wat of outside d country i mean jobs
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 15, 2015
daxlasaint:
Outside naija we are kingzzzz grin
Bro pls enlighten me cos i really like evitin about dis course
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by TaioSpencer: 1:43am On Oct 16, 2015
Sorry for derailing abit:

Dear Nairalanders, senior engineers/supervisors/Team leads, HR reps.

I am a graduate Engineer who is very resilient and believes in hard work. I have a BEng in Mechanical Engineering and an MSc. I have valid BOSiET and safety certificates. I have done everything in my capacity legally to get a decent paying engineering job but I just havent been lucky yet. I had aligned myself with an indigenous engineering company with the sole purpose of building hands-on experience (no salary except little perks). I am very knowledgeable when it comes to engineering /production systems/AutoCAD drafting/maintenance operations and I have a experience in project construction management.

Help brother out with an engineering job.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by blessedmoses: 3:09pm On Oct 17, 2015
Good day house... I am blessed moses , i am a national diploma graduate in civil engineering from federal polytechnic nekede,owerri .i am currently on my one year industrial training, please i am in need of a place for my IT or address of some companies that accept IT students....i have good knowledge of autocad drafting.....please anyone with helpful infomation should please call 07034677183 or email me at blessedmoses10@yahoo.com thanks.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Emyben(m): 9:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
efe2luv:

@babaearly....It is more of experience my dear....and international certifications...if u are determined to be there u will have to pray to god to assist you...then can start from where u are....i for one as a graduate applied to an international oil servicing firm to work without being paid all to get experience in the job...i worked for good six months with they just giving me 10k for transport per month...i paid that price n guess what after 6months i was retained as a contract staff....n guess what after 6 months again i go another job with an international offshore servising firm as a staff.....determination is the key my dear.....taking actions no matter how minute they may seem towards your desire creat miracles....as for me in a space of one year i go a job/position that other guys who have been working for quite some time dont have... Its all determination.

Am inspired bro by your post. You made a sacrifice and it paid off. Can you advice me as regards making an entry into the oil and gas sector? Am 21 and i have a masters degree in Architecture. My nysc commences this year.... I seriously need guidelines to follow. Also, can i mail you? Please, i need to
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Emyben(m): 9:20pm On Oct 18, 2015
upengineer:
I have gain alot from NL and thank God where i work now, i saw the advert here on NL and its over a year now that have been flying 'chopper'
To start with oil and gas is very vast. From exploration to design to construction and Fabrication to Drilling to commissioning to startup to the actual production then exportation, logistics and even training. You will agree with me that the industry cut across all fields. The individual will have to determine where he or she wants to belong. Where you want to belong will then determine the type of certification you need. The certification a production person needs is not the same certification a dynamic positioner needs. The certification an Instruments guy needs is not the same certification the Electrical guy needs. So, you will agree with me that you will have to determine where you can function first before deciding on the certification you need. Money should not be the driving force, oil and gas environment is a high risk environment, no room for second chance. You must be sure of what you are doing. Your action can lead to an avoidable catastrope. Just my opinion

Sir, what of an Msc Architectural graduate? What kind of certification will suit him best?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Emyben(m): 9:33pm On Oct 18, 2015
@ scantee aww. First and foremost, i am deeply sorry for your loss. Dont be too grieved pls, God has better plans.

And Am inspired bro by your post. Can you advice me as regards making an entry into
the oil and gas sector? Am 21 and i have a masters degree
in Architecture from UNIZIK. My nysc commences this year.... I seriously
need guidelines to follow. Also, can i mail you? Please, i really
need to.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 7:49am On Oct 19, 2015
Emyben:
@ scantee aww. First and foremost, i am deeply sorry for your loss. Dont be too grieved pls, God has better plans.

And Am inspired bro by your post. Can you advice me as regards making an entry into
the oil and gas sector? Am 21 and i have a masters degree
in Architecture from UNIZIK. My nysc commences this year.... I seriously
need guidelines to follow. Also, can i mail you? Please, i really
need to.
ok
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Emyben(m): 3:11pm On Oct 19, 2015
scantee:
ok

I have sent you a pm sir. But if you didnt get it, can u just say hello to emekabeny@gmail.com so that i can unleash my barrels of questions... Lol

I positively anticipate your reply.. Thanks
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Enesi47: 5:35pm On Oct 19, 2015
scantee:
computer analyst as in? Pls explain better so we can attend to u. Thanx
any hop for diploma holder here sir, even if it is cleaner
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Enesi47: 5:44pm On Oct 19, 2015
amicdan:
Hi bro.....Need to contact you...your email add please....Thankz man! smiley
bros, any hop diploma holder even if t s cleaner
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 19, 2015
Enesi47:
any hop for diploma holder here sir, even if it is cleaner
Yes,I know a re-wire technician who works @ saipem. with God Anything is possible!

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (64) (Reply)

CBN Salary + Allowances - Who Actually Knows? / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants / Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.