Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,003 members, 7,838,516 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Presidency Officials Accuse Jonathan Of Lying To Nigerians - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Officials Accuse Jonathan Of Lying To Nigerians (16592 Views)

Jonathan's Former Officials Accuse Buhari Of Dismissing Already Dissolved Board / APC Accuses Jonathan Of ‘last-minute Dubious Activities’ / 2015 Election: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Training, Arming Killer Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Officials Accuse Jonathan Of Lying To Nigerians by urpee28(m): 10:41pm On Nov 19, 2012
what do you expect from shoeless nd clueless president
Re: Presidency Officials Accuse Jonathan Of Lying To Nigerians by erad(m): 10:47pm On Nov 19, 2012
Typical dumb Nigerians either sponsored by the same government or acting on their own stupidity will come out and attack the source. Pity.

Let's forget Premium Times exists... These are the facts; the president's aides made particular statements(publicly) which is naturally believed to be approved by their boss aka Mr. President.
The president organises a media chat couple of weeks after the various statements were made by the aides and he 'countered' what they said.

We don't need a news agency or un-named sources to bring those facts to our attention because they were public statements in front of rolling cameras.

My question is "Why these discrepancies"??

Is it that the president lacks communication even within his inner caucus??

How does a president who can't successfully communicate with his aides communicate with Nigerians as a whole??

This only confirms that the president has no idea what is actually going on in this country. The last time this same president wrote a speech based on what he saw on a Nigerian business daily. Something about Nigeria being the 2nd after USA in the fight against corruption. Is it not this same government that is fighting the corruption?? So why depend on a newspaper for facts about its own policies?? Its really sad. I'm sure Nigeria is like "Basket-Mouth" to the rest of the world, we keep providing them with the jokes. We are the world jester.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Officials Accuse Jonathan Of Lying To Nigerians by nairaman66(m): 11:32pm On Nov 19, 2012
This isn't good for the Image of the President

You mean Mr Jona? He dosnt have any IMAGE! You can see how oga Jona is faring..!
Re: Presidency Officials Accuse Jonathan Of Lying To Nigerians by taharqa: 12:24am On Nov 20, 2012
take dat: It was culled from Premium Times and not PM News! Read carefully before commenting my friend

You are right..i see the mistake now, I goofed.

However, the main stance of that comment stands though. Apart from the issue of the 'illness' of the 1st lady (which the Presidency honestly mishandled), there wasnt really any 'LIE' or real contradictions involved here: the President's Spokesman said 'the govt was negotiating with BH tru backdoor channels' (ie informal channels) while the President said there was 'no (real)negotiations going-on..cos BH was faceless', which is to be expected cos one does not expect the President of any country to confirm Negotiations with a faceless group that is going-on thru backdoor channels. The Manitoba case was just a clarification of the 'current' state of the contract- i use the word 'current' cos one isnt really sure what went on behind the scene on this issue ie whether the contract was actually meant to be cancelled but the decision subtly reversed (hence the 1st statement by the Govt's spokesman) Or whether there was really a genuine communication flaw BUT the situation had the clarified by the same Spokesman before this Media Chat- so no GEJ trying to 'put his officials under the bus' here as someone here have so succinctly put it. Like I said previously, the issue of the 1st lady was the one issue the Presidency bungled (and I honestly dont understand why they chose to do so; completely unnecessary in my view).

Having said all that, I maintain that this particular 'story' is just that: a cooked-up 'story' to hoodwink gullible peeps and/or give propagandist 'ammo' to those whose minds are already made up, period. There is even really nothing much in these so-called 'lies' of the Presidency cos all govts in the world do it; as a matter of fact, these are just Child's play compared to others. Obama and his White House are still trying to deal with the 'lie' they told about Libyan Embassy Terrorist attacks recently. Go figure.

But some ppl can go on with the noise making sha if it somehow gives them some level of 'satisfaction'; WHO CARES?
Re: Presidency Officials Accuse Jonathan Of Lying To Nigerians by BetaThings: 7:25am On Nov 20, 2012
Gombs:

Ǖя̩̥̊ point is terrifying...and permit to say dumb...now,aw many times haf such corrections hapnd?

On boko haram we r bin played?...u for real?

U seee bro,u jst hating,to be frank...GEJ ώɑ̣̣̝̇̇ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ perfect yday.dnt knw abt u,but twas a chat not a debate not press conference...hp u get d difference
When somebody calls another dumb, I go back to check his posts to ascertain his pedigree
I can see no merit in responding to you!
Re: Presidency Officials Accuse Jonathan Of Lying To Nigerians by BetaThings: 7:33am On Nov 20, 2012
erad: Typical dumb Nigerians either sponsored by the same government or acting on their own stupidity will come out and attack the source. Pity.

This only confirms that the president has no idea what is actually going on in this country. The last time this same president wrote a speech based on what he saw on a Nigerian business daily. Something about Nigeria being the 2nd after USA in the fight against corruption. Is it not this same government that is fighting the corruption?? So why depend on a newspaper for facts about its own policies?? Its really sad. I'm sure Nigeria is like "Basket-Mouth" to the rest of the world, we keep providing them with the jokes. We are the world jester.

Cancellation of Manitaoba contract was not well received - so President "stepped in" to correct the impression that Nigeria cannot be trusted to stand by an agreement
Similarly, people must have called to complain that Boko Haram should only be destroyed. President also has to "clarify" the issue
But "correction" of 2 official pronouncements within 2/3 weeks is too much
The strategy will soon backfire. Nobody will believe again unless Jonathan himself speaks
Re: Presidency Officials Accuse Jonathan Of Lying To Nigerians by Mustay(m): 9:50am On Nov 20, 2012
BetaThings:
The strategy will soon backfire. Nobody will believe again unless Jonathan himself speaks

Very true. People will only want to hear from the horse's mouth.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Officials Accuse Jonathan Of Lying To Nigerians by luluosas(m): 10:18am On Nov 20, 2012
With Premium Times and Sahara Reporters in Nigeria, I can see the good old days of true journalism coming back. They should keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Officials Accuse Jonathan Of Lying To Nigerians by nagoma(m): 10:30am On Nov 20, 2012
zikclassiq: He obviously has been reading books from the greek philosopher, CONFUCIUS.

I wonder what books you have been reading because there is no Greek Philosopher named CONFUCIUS. Unless you mean the Chinese teacher and philosopher "Kong Fuzi" whose name was modified by westerner missionaries in China to CONFUCIUS.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Officials Accuse Jonathan Of Lying To Nigerians by yahwehreigns: 10:53am On Nov 20, 2012
Confusion break bone.
Re: Presidency Officials Accuse Jonathan Of Lying To Nigerians by sleekshedy(m): 7:31pm On Nov 20, 2012
Some of you don't just get it, Abeti is supposed to be the presidential spokesman(mouth piece). If his words cannot be trusted, there's really no reason for him to be there. Also, if it will take months for president to dispute what his spokesman told Nigerians, it shows we have a disfunctional government. The president cannot just come out on national TV and through his men under the bus.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Officials Accuse Jonathan Of Lying To Nigerians by sleekshedy(m): 7:31pm On Nov 20, 2012
Some of you don't just get it, Abeti is supposed to be the presidential spokesman(mouth piece). If his words cannot be trusted, there's really no reason for him to be there. Also, if it will take months for president to dispute what his spokesman told Nigerians, it shows we have a disfunctional government. The president cannot just come out on national TV and throw his men under the bus.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Officials Accuse Jonathan Of Lying To Nigerians by anulaxad(m): 8:13am On Nov 21, 2012
Nigerians i hope you don't vote this slowpoke i will one day stand up for my beloved country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria / Osinbajo Meets South-East Leaders In Abuja (Photos) / The Forgotten Children Of Benue (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.