Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,075 members, 7,825,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria (16537 Views)

I Will Review Appointments To Address Marginalisation – Buhari / Marginalisation: Ekweremadu, Obi, Soludo, Others To Meet / 2017 Budget’ll End Nigeria’s Economic Woes – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria by HurtgenForest: 11:49am On May 19, 2016
Just look all around you, if you are honest you will see how the Igbos are tremendously marginalised in this country.

The way Nigeria is designed is to eternally favour the northern hegemony headed by the hausa-fulani ably supported by the Yoruba.

If this wicked marginalisation of Igbos continue, it is a question of when not how or if Nigeria will split.

Nigeria has a date with destiny.

It is so unfortunate that a tribe as big as the Igbo is being oppressed and marginalised in Nigeria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria by reverendfather: 11:51am On May 19, 2016
okay o
Re: Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria by HurtgenForest: 11:57am On May 19, 2016
@Tonyebarcanista, There was a thread you created sometime ago about a particular country in Europe where the various ethnic groups have equal rights irrespective of population.

Please I need a link to the write up, it was very insightful and rich.
Re: Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:06pm On May 19, 2016
HurtgenForest:
@Tonyebarcanista, There was a thread you created sometime ago about a particular country in Europe where the various ethnic groups have equal rights irrespective of population.

Please I need a link to the write up, it was very insightful and rich.
okay.. lemme get it
Re: Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria by chriskosherbal(m): 12:07pm On May 19, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria by jstbeinhonest(m): 12:11pm On May 19, 2016
'It is a question of when,not if Nigeria would split'

OP make the correction.

As for the topic,I really dont want to argue,but pls op kindly list ways in which Igbos have been marginalized,because my environs do say they are.

1 Like

Re: Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria by 96xtr9r: 12:15pm On May 19, 2016
Alcatraz001:
The igbos are not marginalized, they are just irrelevant. The yorubas have already taken the top spot in the south, you can bomb the whole SS &SE if you want. Nigeria is moving forward.

Look at them, just at the mere mention of Biaf...they would whine, shout, curse, weep, wail and gnash their teeth with thick mocous flowing down their smelly noses as if their whole essence in life is being deprived them...

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria by Femich18(m): 12:15pm On May 19, 2016
jstbeinhonest:
'It is a question of when,not if Nigeria would split'

OP make the correction.

As for the topic,I really dont want to argue,but pls op kindly list ways in which Igbos have been marginalized,because my environs do say they are.
U make sense jare ...make the guy just list am biko
Re: Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 19, 2016
Hear the yorubas well today, we dont care if igbos leave Nigeria because you are inconsequential. I have been in darkness in Lagos for almost a month due to the joint attacks of the SS & SE on our energy infrastructure and we really dont care. The Yoruba and hausa have alternate plans for power, as you can see, lagos and other SW states are working for a post Nigeria scenario. I am just sure of one thing, the war the igbos are spoiling for will claim many casualties both human and material against them. We know the renewed attacks are the brainchild of mainly the igbos but we are waiting to see the out come.

Once again, yorubas are not scared and we cant wait to be rid of you. Selah.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria by 96xtr9r: 12:23pm On May 19, 2016
Alcatraz001:
Hear the yorubas well today, we dont care if igbos leave Nigeria because you are inconsequential. I have been in darkness in Lagos for almost a month due to the joint attacks of the SS & SE on our energy infrastructure and we really dont care. The Yoruba and hausa have alternate plans for power, as you can see, lagos and other SW states are working for a post Nigeria scenario. I am just sure of one thing, the war the igbos are spoiling for will claim many casualties both human and material against them. We know the renewed attacks are the brainchild of mainly the igbos but we are waiting to see the out come.

Stop confusing yourselves! Seeking self-determination is no way a crime; it's an inalienable right of a people.

It has always been the Yorubas and their cotravellers that have always threatened Igbos for daring to seek self-determination. Yorubas have used every available access to the media to threaten fire and brimstone should Igbos bring their campaigns to the streets.

Over the decades Yorubas who have proven to have barely survived by their constant ass-licking stance and the use of lies and propaganda to drag some other tribes along to be able to live.

Over-grown lazy bones who cannot do without envying those they claim to be better than should learn to respect themselves and stand for something in life.

Lazy leeches!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 19, 2016
Op, i am very angry at your post and i am in my office fuming. How can an igbo man compete against a yoruba man in matters of intellect? The education in the SW no matter how substandard even in our lowest polytechnics trumps the best schools in the east hands down, you dont have to hate the yoruba for occupying high positions in blue chip companies in Nigeria which are incidentally mostly in the SW.

I am happy the latest bombings in the creeks will force the last set of Oil companies to relocate to the SW, their rightful place from the outset. Of igbos hate Yoruba so much i advice that you invade our lands and wipe us out if you can. All this whinings on a forum owned by a yoruba man wont help you igbos in the least.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 19, 2016
96xtr9r:

Stop confusing yourselves! Seeking self-determination is no way a crime; it's an inalienable right of a people.

It has always been the Yorubas and their cotravellers that have always threatened Igbos for daring to seek self-determination. Yorubas have used every available access to the media to threaten fire and brimstone should Igbos bring their campaigns to the streets.

Over the decades Yorubas who have proven to have barely survived by their constant ass-licking stance and the use of lies and propaganda to drag some other tribes along to be able to live.

Over-grown lazy bones who cannot do without envying those they claim to be better than should learn to respect themselves and stand for something in life.

Lazy leeches!

I am happy you acknowledge and accept that we own the media so we will always control and direct the narrative of the happenings in Nigeria, the failed NLC strike is a pointer in that regard. Now, it is time to move on to the militant stage of the biafran struggle since you have lost the media and propaganda battle. We cant wait to see ibos in battle against Nigeria.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria by 96xtr9r: 12:32pm On May 19, 2016
Alcatraz001:
I am happy you acknowledge and accept that we own the media so we will always control and direct the narrative of the happenings in Nigeria, the failed NLC strike is a pointer in that regard. Now, it is time to move on to the militant stage of the biafran struggle since you have lost the media and propaganda battle. We cant wait to see ibos in battle against Nigeria.

A legitimate agitation by a people for a simple referendum is no way a crime. Reeling out old time war tales with video clips and pictures to your satisfaction reeks of hypocrisy and only meant to divert attention from the crust of the matter to the subterranean.

It had been the government and those who have criminally benefitted and still benefitting from this contraption that are quick to threaten war against Igbos. Yorubas and their cohorts resort to violence as a means to quelling a genuine agitation as against opting for a simple referendum.

Strange bedfellows, with irreconcilable value systems that are at best suitable for the individual selves, are not meant to be together! The 102 years of existence attest to that verdict!

We are totally different in many ways and have nothing in common. Go create an Oduduwa empire with your much taunted 'sophistication' uniting all Yoruboid groups from Nigeria to Togo and Benin republic. These are where ur brothers are, and not Igbos.

It has been a curse on Igbos having Yorubas in the same country and this curse is already shattered and lifted.

Find your brothers whom you were forcefully cut off from and leave Igbos as they are in no way related to you greedy hypocrites.

16 Likes

Re: Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria by HurtgenForest: 12:35pm On May 19, 2016
Alcatraz001:

It is very good to know Yorubas don't care whether we leave or stay, that is one step forward. smiley

1 Like

Re: Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria by HurtgenForest: 12:37pm On May 19, 2016
Alcatraz001:
[s]Op, i am very angry at your post and i am in my office fuming. How can an igbo man compete against a yoruba man in matters of intellect? The education in the SW no matter how substandard even in our lowest polytechnics trumps the best schools in the east hands down, you dont have to hate the yoruba for occupying high positions in blue chip companies in Nigeria which are incidentally mostly in the SW.

I am happy the latest bombings in the creeks will force the last set of Oil companies to relocate to the SW, their rightful place from the outset. Of igbos hate Yoruba so much i advice that you invade our lands and wipe us out if you can. All this whinings on a forum owned by a yoruba man wont help you igbos in the least.[/s]

This thread is not for people with brain damage.

Next..

cc Onenaira4, ikechu12781

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 19, 2016
96xtr9r:

A legitimate agitation by a people for a simple referendum is no way a crime. Reeling out old time war tales with video clips and pictures to your satisfaction reeks of hypocrisy and only meant to divert attention from the crust of the matter to the subterranean.

It had been the government and those who have criminally benefitted and still benefitting from this contraption that are quick to threaten war against Igbos. Yorubas and their cohorts resort to violence as a means to quelling a genuine agitation as against opting for a simple referendum.

Strange bedfellows, with irreconcilable value systems that are at best suitable for the individual selves, are not meant to be together! The 102 years of existence attest to that verdict!

We are totally different in many ways and have nothing in common. Go create an Oduduwa empire with your much taunted 'sophistication' uniting all Yoruboid groups from Nigeria to Togo and Benin republic. These are where ur brothers are, and not Igbos.

It has been a curse on Igbos having Yorubas in the same country and this curse will soon been shattered and lifted.

Find your brothers whom you were forcefully cut off from and leave Igbos as they are in no way related to you greedy hypocrites.

Yorubas would be the better for it if igbos leave our land. I have never seen or heard any yoruba group issue any threat against igbos for the biafra struggle, we have always remained neutral. We are tired of being blamed unnecessarily, do we look like the hausa fulani who cringe at the sound of disintegration? Wisdom is profitable to direct my igbo brethren, direct your angst and vitriol to the hausas biko....

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria by HurtgenForest: 12:40pm On May 19, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
okay.. lemme get it

Thank you, I am waiting please.
Re: Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria by 96xtr9r: 12:45pm On May 19, 2016
Alcatraz001:
Yorubas would be the better for it if igbos leave our land. I have never seen or heard any yoruba group issue any threat against igbos for the biafra struggle, we have always remained neutral. We are tired of being blamed unnecessarily, do we look like the hausa fulani who cringe at the sound of disintegration? Wisdom is profitable to direct my igbo brethren, direct your angst and vitriol to the hausas biko....

Stop being mischievous! Did you give Igbos any land to keep for you?

If you think any Igbo is holding onto your land, simply go get them and stop diverting attention from your evils.

Yorubas have always remained neutral indeed! And yet you lots did not hesitate to collude with your Northern masters to almost annihilate the Igbo Nation for daring to have a separate existence from greedy, treasury looters cum murderous parasites.

And yet day in, day out, on the internet, many of your kind are earning a living on pay-per-post basis, impersonating SE and SS people just to attempt to quench the call for self-determination by the Igbos.

Have a glance at a few of the evil threads created by your kinsmen just because Yorubas dread Biaf...:

https://www.nairaland.com/310608/biafra-biggest-mistake-ever-beware

https://www.nairaland.com/2786139/landlocked-biafra-economic-hell-earth

https://www.nairaland.com/2767910/shuld-biafria-becme-reality-muyiwa

https://www.nairaland.com/2937175/biafrans-trespassers-must-proscuted...by-nigeria

https://www.nairaland.com/2985443/stop-dragging-us-into-biafra#43702577

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 19, 2016
I have not done this e-war thing in a while and i consider myself as sort of semi retired but the hordes of igbo irrendentists on this forum keep trying to poke the stick in Yoruba eyes on this forum. For the umpteenth time, we yorubas reiterate our complete indifference and aloofness to your alleged sufferings in Nigeria, we consider it self inflicted. Losing that war was a very big set back for the igbo race and it will continue to taunt and haunt you within the larger context of the Nigerian socio-economic set up. How you liberate yourself from the 2nd class citizen status you have foisted on yourselves is entirely up to you and the yoruba people are completely absol ed from your quagmire. Peace.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria by 96xtr9r: 12:57pm On May 19, 2016
In Lagos under 'One Nigeria' there exists a silent economic war of destruction of livelihood, burning of markets in the middle of the night, extortion and harassment of genuine businesses by official area boys and street urchins, illegal/multiple taxing of business owners, in markets where Igbos operate e.g. Tejuoso, Alaba International, Ladipo and Oshodi electrical & electronic market.

Yorubas commit many of these attracious deeds at odd times when the Igbo traders won't be available to resist their dastardly acts.

Over the decades in the South-West, the Yorubas have systematically burnt Igbo shops as a guise to hijacking the markets from Igbos.
They hide under the guise of city development at the expense of the people's welfare and claim they had given the traders ample time to relocate and yet the demolition is carried out at odd times.

Shops are demolished without compensation and someone will still say the traders were given sufficient notice of vacation as if the alternative is affordable. The proposed alternative shops are oftentimes so exorbitant and out of reach by the common man.

Igbos are made to develop barren locations and thereafter chased away to an undeveloped area or a complex beyond the reach by the common man.
Many a time the destruction of shops are selectively done exempting where Yorubas sell agbo, weed and fake medicine just like in Oshodi where Electronic shops belonging to Igbos were demolished.

It takes a callous government to destroy livelihoods just to justify beautification of a city at the expense of people's economic empowerment.

https://www.nairaland.com/2618835/hoodlums-shut-down-alaba-international

https://www.nairaland.com/2846885/tears-lagos-demolishes-oshodi-market

https://www.nairaland.com/2847030/crime-lagos-state-demolishing-oshodi#41720484

https://www.nairaland.com/2847088/photos-oshodi-electronic-market-demolished

Prior to the 2015 general elections, amidst the threat by the lagoon crooner to drown Igbos, 18 Chisco transport buses were criminally burnt down in Lagos and up till date nothing was done to bring the culprits to book.

What does 'One Nigeria' mean?
A deceit where you are empowered to share my crude oil and wealth as 'One Nigeria' while I am considered a migrant to your State whom you're just merely accommodating and may perish in the lagoon at your command.

It is a chaotic situation where the Oba of a place would invite the representative of a people for discussion in his palace as regards a market leadership dispute only to set an ambush for him and unleash hundreds of thugs to flog and disgrace him.

It is an unjust situation where you're licensed to use foul means to destroy my business in your State with outrageous taxes. You can close my business premises at will while your elites continue to shout 'One Nigeria' to cover up the evils and injustices prevalent in the land. And you still expect me to be docile and continue to suffer silently as your hate and envy for my progress soar high.

Now, do you have any case for unity - fake or imaginary?

If you have there would no need fooling and playing to the gallery and shouting 'One Nigeria'. Or have you ever heard 'One Great Britain', 'One United States of America', 'One Germany'?
That shows that something is fundamentally wrong which many have been shying away from.

It's no a crime for any person/group to choose to opt out of a relationship.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria by zeestunner(m): 1:02pm On May 19, 2016
I am tired of hearing this igbo marginalization shit. Are they d only tribe in nigeria? Why are edo people, urhobo ppl, jabba ppl,ighira ppl and the so many tribes not shouting maginalization all the time or are they not nigerians? When was the last time an igbira or ishekiri man was made a minister in nigeria? buh we don't hear them making noise. The igbos should quit wining and play real smart politics. Every position u see the hausa/fulani or yorubas are holding today is as a result of playing smart politics and that's how life works u think hard wrk hard nobody is gonna give u anything cos u crying or making noise heck I want 20 million dollars nobody is gonna give it to me just like that. Quit all the noise and start making alliances and spread ur smart once into all the major parties don't play the foolishness u did in d last election by putting all ur eggs in one basket and stop cramping one party and making it a tribal party the hausa/fulani staunch apc nd pdp members do the same. Play smart or 50 yrs to come u'll still b shouting marginalization. Lastly forget the past and all the hate the North and west are not ur problem clean ur house 1st.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria by zeestunner(m): 1:02pm On May 19, 2016
I am tired of hearing this igbo marginalization shit. Are they d only tribe in nigeria? Why are edo people, urhobo ppl, jabba ppl,ighira ppl and the so many tribes not shouting maginalization all the time or are they not nigerians? When was the last time an igbira or ishekiri man was made a minister in nigeria? buh we don't hear them making noise. The igbos should quit wining and play real smart politics. Every position u see the hausa/fulani or yorubas are holding today is as a result of playing smart politics and that's how life works u think hard wrk hard nobody is gonna give u anything cos u crying or making noise heck I want 20 million dollars nobody is gonna give it to me just like that. Quit all the noise and start making alliances and spread ur smart ones into all the major parties don't play the foolishness u did in d last election by putting all ur eggs in one basket and stop cramping one party and making it a tribal party the hausa/fulani staunch apc nd pdp members do the same. Play smart or 50 yrs to come u'll still b shouting marginalization. Lastly forget the past and all the hate the North and west are not ur problem clean ur house 1st.

17 Likes

Re: Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria by 96xtr9r: 1:23pm On May 19, 2016
It's evil to brag about making careers out of lies, falsehood, noise-making, propaganda, abuse and slurs just to stay relevant and get undue advantages against some other groups and term it smart politics or sophistication.

Talking about alliances, no other ethnic group can boast of creating a chain of networks across every other groups in Nigeria than the Igbos.

Igbos permeate every nook and cranny of Nigeria, establishing and building business empires and adding value to the local communities. Some Igbos even get married to the local people and have their children named after the culture of the locality.

No ethnic group like Igbos truly embraced Nigeria in totality by sojourning into remote recesses of the country, living and adding value to the local communities and assimilating the cultures of other nationalities.
What do the Igbo Nation get in return - hatred, destruction of businesses and death?
What then do you want from igbos ?

Over the decades Yorubas and Hausa-Fulanis have proven to have voted along tribal lines. But not so with the Igbos.
At those times Igbos built ties, formed alliances and voted for Northerners (Shagari - 1979, Yaradua - 2007), Yorubas (Abiola - 1993, Obj 2x - 1999 & 2003) and Ijaw (GEJ - 2007) to enable them get the presidency even at the expense of Igbo men. That's an indisputable fact! 

Yorubas had the presidency for over 11years with Obj ruling in the democratic dispensation 1999 to 2007 (8 years without breakage)

Igbos do not need politics, presidency or crude oil to survive.

It's sheer hypocrisy for want of excuse to divert attention from the crux of the matter to inanities and begin hyping on smart politics or dirty politics as the antidote to the quest of a people seeking self-determination. It's simply diversionary and mischievous to state the least. 

Governors and politicians in other regions cannot be said to be doing excellently better than their SE counterparts. Any of such propaganda is totally false and amounts to a campaign of calumny.

Remember that after the civil war the federal government promised to rehabilitate and reconstruct the Eastern region but subsequent evil governments diverted Gowon’s 3Rs to other regions for neglecting and under-developing the Eastern region for deliberate obvious reasons.

Acknowledge the simple fact that Igbos fare better than most tribes even with their numerous looting of the commonwealth and great federal government presence. The Igbos have the highest concentration of middle-class citizens while squalor and penury pervade other enclaves. You can see the reality in the shocking manner many of your States are in comatose with many of its civil servants surviving on the good gestures of concerned Nigerians.

With the dwindling crude oil earnings Igbo States are the least affected largely due to the fact that their economy is not crude oil dependent. Fayose of Ekiti government had to send some of its citizens to the SE to learn a skill/trade in a bid to grow the economy of Ekiti State. 

9 Likes

Re: Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria by Trunquejnr(m): 1:31pm On May 19, 2016
Alcatraz001:
The igbos are not marginalized, they are just irrelevant. The yorubas have already taken the top spot in the south, you can bomb the whole SS &SE if you want. Nigeria is moving forward.
so clowns are also members of n as nairaland

1 Like

Re: Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria by machinery1: 1:34pm On May 19, 2016
Jobless kids everywhere creating useless thread just to cause confusion. Mschew

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 19, 2016
I understand your plight and sympathise accordingly, my question is what exactly have the Yoruba race done to stop the biafran struggle? Please sir, answer me.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria by gigabyte13: 1:36pm On May 19, 2016
Kiiiiiiikiii haaahaaaaaa, all dis children of hate dey make me laugh always.

So yolobas are your problem bah? As if an average yoloba man cares wether you guys exist. Kwantinue d LORD is your muscle.

And moreover, what is there to envy about drug pushers and 419ners?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 19, 2016
gigabyte13:
Kiiiiiiikiii haaahaaaaaa, all dis children of hate dey make me laugh always.

So yolobas are your problem bah? As if an average yoloba man cares wether you guys exist. Kwantinue d LORD is your muscle.

And moreover, what is there to envy about drug pushers and 419ners?

The igbos are just angry that the Yoruba and hausa are ahead of them in the political pecking order of present day Nigeria so they want out. Very spoilt and immature tribe. More power to the online biafran struggle.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria by 96xtr9r: 1:54pm On May 19, 2016
Alcatraz001:
I understand your plight and sympathise accordingly, my question is what exactly have the Yoruba race done to stop the biafran struggle? Please sir, answer me.

Just go through NL alone and see how many Yorubas cannot comment responsibly without dragging IPOB or anything Igbo into the issue. Do we talk about the numerous Yorubas impersonating SE and SS people to air their biased and jaundiced views and lampoon the Igbos for daring to seek a separate existence? They hide behind these monikers to gain some sort of objectivity to their campaigns of calumny against Igbos and so attempt to quench the call for self-determination.

It's will do the Yoruba tribe much good to steer clear of Igbo issues. Yorubas should learn to stay on their own. It's disgusting already!

Have a glance at a few of the evil threads created on NL out of the dread for Biaf...:

https://www.nairaland.com/310608/biafra-biggest-mistake-ever-beware

https://www.nairaland.com/2786139/landlocked-biafra-economic-hell-earth

https://www.nairaland.com/2767910/shuld-biafria-becme-reality-muyiwa

https://www.nairaland.com/2937175/biafrans-trespassers-must-proscuted...by-nigeria

https://www.nairaland.com/2985443/stop-dragging-us-into-biafra#43702577

6 Likes

Re: Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria by 96xtr9r: 1:57pm On May 19, 2016
Alcatraz001:
The igbos are just angry that the Yoruba and hausa are ahead of them in the political pecking order of present day Nigeria so they want out. Very spoilt and immature tribe. More power to the online biafran struggle.

I had thought you were beginning to reason objectively... Bunch of integrity-challenged charlatans suffering from chronic cerebral amnesia!

Read the paper by Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, the current Emir of Kano, a Fulani, where he revealed some truths about your Yoruba people: "YORUBAS ARE THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA"?
http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/yorubas-are-the-problem-with-nigeria-by-sanusi-lamido-sanusi-elombah-com.111348/

In sum, the Yoruba political leadership, as mentioned by Balarabe Musa, has shown itself over the years to be incapable of rising above narrow tribal interests and reciprocating goodwill from other sections of the country by treating other groups with respect. Practically every crisis in Nigeria since independence has its roots in this attitude. 

The Yoruba elite were the first, in 1962, to attempt a violent overthrow of an elected government in this country. In 1966, it was the violence in the West which provided an avenue for the putsch of 15th January. After Chief Awolowo lost to Shagari in 1983 elections, it was the discontent and bad publicity in the South-West which led to the Buhari intervention...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria by HurtgenForest: 2:01pm On May 19, 2016
96xtr9r:

I had thought you were beginning to reason objectively... Bunch of integrity-challenged charlatans suffering from chronic cerebral amnesia!

Read the paper by Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, the current Emir of Kano, a Fulani, where he revealed some truths about your Yoruba people: "YORUBAS ARE THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA"?
http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/yorubas-are-the-problem-with-nigeria-by-sanusi-lamido-sanusi-elombah-com.111348/

In sum, the Yoruba political leadership, as mentioned by Balarabe Musa, has shown itself over the years to be incapable of rising above narrow tribal interests and reciprocating goodwill from other sections of the country by treating other groups with respect. Practically every crisis in Nigeria since independence has its roots in this attitude. 

The Yoruba elite were the first, in 1962, to attempt a violent overthrow of an elected government in this country. In 1966, it was the violence in the West which provided an avenue for the putsch of 15th January. After Chief Awolowo lost to Shagari in 1983 elections, it was the discontent and bad publicity in the South-West which led to the Buhari intervention...

Please knock some sense into that Alcatraz

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Why Buhari Is Yet To Present 2017 Budget To National Assembly – presidency / Why Buhari's Men Are Desperate To Win 2019 Election - Buba Galadima / Oshiomole: Giadom Wants To Kill APC As They Did In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.