Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? (26993 Views)

Woman Delivered From The 'spirit Of Madness' At Lagos Church (Photos) / God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony / Pope Francis Relative Killed In A Car Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? by Optimisticgondy(m): 4:06pm On Nov 19, 2012
I have a friend who lost her mum about 21 years ago. Some days back, he told me that her sister who was 6 months old when their mum died told him that she had seen their mum's spirit for 3 times, and whenever she wanted to scream, the spirit would disappear. This friend of mine said she wouldn't have believed her sister if their aunty (their mum's immediate young sister) had not called him to tell him that ever since the death of their mum, she's always being visited by her spirit which wouldn't say anything to her.
Seriously, I don't know if it is normal for this girl or their aunty to see the spirit of the dead woman. Can anyone tell me if it's normal or not? If it's normal, why is her spirit appearing to them? If it's abnormal, why do you think so? And what can they do for the spirit not to visit them any longer?
Re: Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 19, 2012
once a person dies, that's it, they are dead !!

6 Likes

Re: Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? by Optimisticgondy(m): 4:12pm On Nov 19, 2012
frosbel: once a person dies, that's it, they are dead !!
Yes the woman is dead, but why is her spirit still being seen by her daughter and sister?
Re: Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? by ijawkid(m): 4:19pm On Nov 19, 2012
Satan and his demons are the ones who could make such things happen to decieve many that when a person dies he or she doesn't really die.......

But from the scriptures the dead are conscious of nothing at all......

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? by advocate666: 4:38pm On Nov 19, 2012
ijawkid: Satan and his demons are the ones who could make such things happen to decieve many that when a person dies he or she doesn't really die.......

But from the scriptures the dead are conscious of nothing at all......

Stop lying about Satan.
It is your scriptures and doctrines that teach about life after death.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 19, 2012

Please shut up.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? by Optimisticgondy(m): 4:54pm On Nov 19, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Please shut up.
Please why did you disagree with him? What advice can you give to the family?
Re: Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 19, 2012
Optimisticgondy: I have a friend who lost her mum about 21 years ago. Some days back, he told me that her sister who was 6 months old when their mum died told him that she had seen their mum's spirit for 3 times, and whenever she wanted to scream, the spirit would disappear. This friend of mine said she wouldn't have believed her sister if their aunty (their mum's immediate young sister) had not called him to tell him that ever since the death of their mum, she's always being visited by her spirit which wouldn't say anything to her.
Seriously, I don't know if it is normal for this girl or their aunty to see the spirit of the dead woman. Can anyone tell me if it's normal or not? If it's normal, why is her spirit appearing to them? If it's abnormal, why do you think so? And what can they do for the spirit not to visit them any longer?

Dear poster. There's nothing that should be alarming about your friend seeing the apparition of her mum. It's actually a very common occurrence to see these so called 'ghosts'. It is indeed the ethereal/spiritual body of the mum being witnessed. Of course there's really no such thing as death, as we are ALL immortal spirits. Even animals are immortal spirits. Nobody really 'dies'. Once our physical body stops functioning, our spirit/consciousness departs from it and in most cases, returns to the 'spirit world' ie OUR TRUE HOME, shortly thereafter.

Now SOME people, when they pass away, are unwilling to 'let go' of all they knew and loved in this dimension - and may seek to remain on this plane, making appearances to their loved ones etc.. WHAT I advise you to tell your friend is this: Ask her to PRAY to her mum. Communicate with her telepathically the way she normally does to 'Jesus' etc. Simply tell her that she (ie your friend) is happy, safe, and content, and that it is OK for her (the mum) to move on, and return home to the Light. Tell the same to any other person experiencing her appearances. Before long the apparitions should cease. But it is absolutely nothing to be afraid of. If anything you should feel pity for the mother's spirit, who cannot let go. This phenomenon usually happens when the deceased died young, or violently, or unexpectedly. The shock of their unexpected departure compels them to 'hang around', or be in denial about their passing. (This seems to be the case here as well since she died 21 years ago, when she must have been quite young). But eventually, ALL spirits return to the higher realms.

Lastly, seeing her apparitions should also serve to convince your friend (and you) that all your deceased loved ones and friends are indeed, ALIVE, as you will surely be after you leave this physical plane.

Thanks.

27 Likes

Re: Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? by CrazyMan(m): 4:59pm On Nov 19, 2012
Seeing ghost, spirits, demons and devils as perfectly normal.

I myself I've seen lots of ghost and spirit on so many occasions.

Its normal if you ask me...however, if they feel they no longer enjoy the presence of the spirit, and they wish to discontinue the visits, then they would have dispose all the belongings of the dead relative the have in their possession..that's the only way the ghost would stop tormenting them.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? by toyoC1(f): 6:31pm On Nov 19, 2012
@OP
How did she die ?
Re: Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? by pastormustwacc: 8:38pm On Nov 19, 2012
This is an earthbound spirit, we need ghostbusters here!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 19, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Please shut up.

How old are you , 2 yrs ?

12 Likes

Re: Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 19, 2012
interesting thread. i want to learn from matured spiritual folk. i've never seen one and hope never to see one cos im gonna get scared. the closest ive seen is via dream. seeing a loved one who just passed away in dream, chatting and sometimes give advice about reality which do occur

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 19, 2012
CrazyMan: Seeing ghost, spirits, demons and devils as perfectly normal.

I myself I've seen lots of ghost and spirit on so many occasions.

Its normal if you ask me...however, if they feel they no longer enjoy the presence of the spirit, and they wish to discontinue the visits, then they would have dispose all the belongings of the dead relative the have in their possession..that's the only way the ghost would stop tormenting them.
is it scriptural? or any scripture verse that supports this? Now what do mean by ghost? does the dead appear in the shape of a living being?

my 84 yr old grandma told me something along that line before but said when they do visit, some take water, hence the need to have drinking water at home
Re: Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 19, 2012
The brain is the centre of intelligent life and controls bodily functions. Once the brain dies, the person is gone. Nothing escapes or survives thereafter - it would be without a brain anyways. So nothing like ghosts. Stop allowing the devil fool you.
Re: Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? by fittty(m): 9:41pm On Nov 19, 2012
Why this kind talk for night na? Me wey won sleep before come dey fear. And light no come dey again sef! Abeg moderator suspend this topic till morning na! sad

11 Likes

Re: Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? by kessgoddey: 9:41pm On Nov 19, 2012
maybe the family are not christains[url][/url]
Re: Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? by DANILSA(m): 9:41pm On Nov 19, 2012
SECONDED

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 19, 2012
No it is not normal.
Re: Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? by seedord247(m): 9:43pm On Nov 19, 2012
Maybe she's following the spirit on twitter and instagram. sad

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 19, 2012
If seen in a dream,its normal,cos dream acts on the submind,but seeing in real life,to me makes no sense at all. What's the relationship btw. The dead,and the living.

Too many Nollywood crap,once a person is dead,he's dead both physically,and spiritually
Re: Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? by TCD: 9:43pm On Nov 19, 2012
This is why psychiatrists have jobs

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 19, 2012
If dead people are alive somewhere, more people would interact with them, not the odd in a million story. Hundreds of millions, if not billions, have died over the centuries. Ghosts wouldn't be such a rarity if they were real.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? by valdubem(m): 9:46pm On Nov 19, 2012
To know if ghosts truly exist, visit a grave yard @12midnight or 3am; and you will come up here to share you findings

7 Likes

Re: Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 19, 2012
Dear OP, What ROSSIKE explained to you is 100% true. Do not be afraid, your dead relative has not come to terms with her death, she is still hanging on here, believing there is more she can do for you guys. 21yrs is a long time, you guys need to tell her to move on to the next plane of existence. May her soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? by pastormustwacc: 9:47pm On Nov 19, 2012
DANILSA: SECONDED
*THIRDED* i think. .

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? by hardbody: 9:48pm On Nov 19, 2012
The scriptures are clear about the fact that the dead are conscious of nothing, the story of apparitions are exactly what they are, stories.there are a plethora of bible portions supporting this position but it is not auspicious for me now to cite those portions, perhaps later.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? by Itoroetti(m): 9:48pm On Nov 19, 2012
People that have neva seen dis b4 will belief dat itz a superstitious belief.though on some cases itz alwaz superstitious,but some are real.
Re: Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 19, 2012
TroGunn: If dead people are alive somewhere, more people would interact with them, not the odd in a million story. Hundreds of millions, if not billions, have died over the centuries. Ghosts wouldn't be such a rarity if they were real.
Do you chose to disbelieve the reality of dimensions of existence or you are truly ignorant of it ?
Re: Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? by Sashd: 9:53pm On Nov 19, 2012
#dis tori high cwiously#there is no relationship between the dead and the living...tel dem to tell the ghost this and it would stop its visitations...with boldness o...

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 19, 2012
TroGunn: The brain is the centre of intelligent life and controls bodily functions. Once the brain dies, the person is gone. Nothing escapes or survives thereafter - it would be without a brain anyways. So nothing like ghosts. Stop allowing the devil fool you.
thats what science tells u but spirituality is beyond that

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:58pm On Nov 19, 2012
Ah ah...u guys are surprising me o! How can it be perfectly normal for a lil' girl to "see" a ghost occasionally Abeg abeg abeg...God forbid bad thing! May I never c evil!!! What d hell?! And d same people who are purporting all dis meta-physics and astral travel would be d first to jump outta their skin d first time someone shouts "C ghost o".

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

19 Manipulative Tactics Nigerian Pastors Use To Collect Money By Aroms Aigbehi / I Have To Deny God So I Can Pass..should I? / Nairalanders What Church Do You Attend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.