Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? (7537 Views)

3 Sharp Ways To Achieve Your Career Goals In 2016 / Eight (8) Ways To Achieve Success In Your Career / Hi, I 'm New And I Do Not I Place A Lot In This Forums (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 29, 2012
Mustay: Some people feel they must 'hammer' or get to a certain position first before marrying - I want to believe that's where your question is coming from.

Before or after marriage, one needs to manage responsibilities adequately as they come.

It must be noted that before marriage (aka home alone), you're selfish and you do have enough time for yourself and career but this could also backlash and prevent you from having time for your prospective other half - also, people tend to seek a HOME (not a house) to go to after the day's work which a marriage provides for ceteris paribus.
Some people also want to get to a certain level so that when they marry, they have enough time for their children as they have become more like consultants but the reality is YOLO - it is difficult to delay.

So, whichever way you plan your personal + career life, just remember the effects of each one and ask yourself if you can deal with.
i fall into this category,because i find it highly unreasonable not to invest in yourself financially,intellectually and others ESPECIALLY AS A WOMAN LIVING IN NIGERIA AND LIVING AMONG A MIXTURE OF HUMAN BEINGS AND BEASTS before marriage and later bank on love
Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by caesaraba(m): 1:32pm On Nov 29, 2012
Before marriage and a while into the marriage when you both must have worked out a way in which the marriage won't be adversely affected by a career leap. This is what I plan on doing sha. Extra advice is welcome.
Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by eikeem(m): 2:29pm On Nov 29, 2012
Am just me: When is it the best time to achieve a lot in one's career? Is it before or after marriage?
Does success have an expiry date?
Some answers are better experienced, not written.
Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by Kzinne: 3:50pm On Nov 29, 2012
OliverBrain: Since the 80s, African
readers and criticts
have challenged the
pride of Poetry over Play
and Prose. The poetic
art of the 80s and 90s
celebrate a Nationalism
obligation, traditional
Black Africa and 'Political
Poetry' with Poets like
Wole Soyinka, J.P Clark,
U Tam'si, Dennis Brutus,
David Diop, Kwesi Brew,
Birago Diop, Lepold Sedar
Senghor and other
contemporary
traditional Black Africa
Poet. It as since then
become an unvoidable
tone for developing
Black Africa Poet. The
20th Century Black
Africa Poetry witness
an overflow of
Newbreed Poet; whom
unarguably tactically
promote a huge
recognition for Africa
Poetry at home and
Abroad. The 21st
Century African Poetry
art experience a similar
but shameful
achievement due to the
repetition of the boring,
stale and annoying
poetry imageries,
structures and themes
of the 80s and 90s
which does not connote
with todays atistic view
of the World, being
more literal, it's infact
an 'old skol' approach.
This tendecy as affect
the Modern Africa
Poetry to maintain it's
superiority over Modern
Prose and Play. Against
the Poetry act of this
generation, ArtBEAT is
an highly welcome
development by
Owoade Adewale in the
reconstruction of what
we call today's Modern
Poetry art. Its promising
and dinstinguish
attention to Young
developing Poet is also
an unavoided one. There
is no doubt that
ArtBEAT role as the
loudspeaker for
Newbreed Poet will
contribute to the
Celebration of
Traditional Poetry with
Modern Imageries,
especially as at this
time when an
emergency concern is
needed. ArtBEAT
Anthologies, feauturing
numberless Black Africa
Young talented Poet will
undoubtedly 'activate'
Contemporary 21st
Century Africa Poetry.
SUPPORT ArtBEAT!
SUPPORT Afro-Modern
Black Africa Poetry!!
SUPPORT Owoade
Adewale and other
aspiring Poet. (BY
Owoade Adewale, A
Campaign for ArtBEAT
Anthology Vol. 1). Like
our page at http://­
facebook.com/­
artbeatpoets
guy na wetin na?

1 Like

Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by Peterpan1(m): 5:53pm On Nov 29, 2012
The bert time for me is before marriage, cause its relatively difficult to satisfy your marriage, especialy with kids and still pursue your goals 100%
Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by esere826: 6:21pm On Nov 29, 2012
Am just me: When is it the best time to achieve a lot in one's career? Is it before or after marriage?

It could be anytime.
But if you're banking on after marriage, then you must choose a wife or husband that will enable you
and not pull you down
Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by omobah: 3:42pm On Nov 30, 2012
:oIts depend on how life turn 2 U opportunity can come anytime b4 or after marriage. Marriage its self is an opportunity don't miss it cos u are pursuing a carrier . It like throwing 7 balls at you and asking u to catch any of them, you might choose to catch all at once and lose all at a go. A step @ a time. U can be whatever u wanna be grab opportunity as they come married or unmarried.
Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by Amjustme: 6:54pm On Dec 05, 2012
Thx to y'all! Ur comments have been awesome.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thinking Of Going For Pharmacy Or Dentistry After B.sc In Botany (advice pls) / Solution To Your Matlab Projects / Public Relations (PR) CASE-STUDIES 4 Sale: 08139458588

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.