Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,507 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) (23207 Views)

Road Trip From Enugu To Abeokuta. / Abuja To Uyo By Road on 19 09 2014/ Uyo To Abuja By Road on 21-22 09 2014 / Journey From Warri To Lagos, To And Fro With A Lght Truck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by sultaan(m): 12:36pm On Nov 22, 2012
Since some of you have a problem with the notion that some spot were bad why not take the same journey and provide pictures of the same spot and better sections.
We love to see your picture until then the thread is about him driving his car on a long road with bad section at ***&***.

There is a reason governors use SUVs now
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by Ikenna351(m): 4:15pm On Nov 22, 2012
sultaan: Since some of you have a problem with the notion that some spot were bad why not take the same journey and provide pictures of the same spot and better sections.
We love to see your picture until then the thread is about him driving his car on a long road with bad section at ***&***.

There is a reason governors use SUVs now

I tire o!

Ikenna.
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by yungboss(m): 5:37pm On Nov 22, 2012
rhymz: I am not sure what this is about but it looks more like an EGO ride.
I have been to Akwa Ibom and Enugu, by far, Enugu is more cosmopolitan and have better inner access roads and structures than Akwa ibom.
It appears the intent of this thread besides the Ego ride is to praise AK by making Enugu especially look bad. I am not from either of the states but if I were to settle anywhere in the east, it will definitely be Enugu not AK. I was hoping to see some realy bad roads in the inner suburbs only for you to take pictures of federal roads and rural roads on the outskirts and compare them with inner town roads in AK.

It is all too familiar to not notice the bias. If your intent was to compare the level of developments in these states, then do it with objectivity and equality, don't compare apples with oranges.
Try again next time. AK is cool though.
you sound like a nagging lady...
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by rhymz(m): 2:24pm On Nov 23, 2012
yungboss:
you sound like a nagging lady...
and you sound like a busybody!!
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by rhymz(m): 2:44pm On Nov 23, 2012
t-die:

Oga I am not or was not (whichever) attempting to denigrate any Government with regards to the roads. There are a lot of reasons why roads go bad, with both the Govt, and the people being guilty at times. My remark about God's own State had nothing to do with the state of the Road because almost all the roads i traveled on (including the road on which i made that remark) are federal Roads.
FYI I grew up in Enugu from way back in the early eighties and lived/schooled/worked there up to December 2011, so if anybody should be conversant with the pace of development there, then I should be the one (except you also grew up there and are older than i am). I will not be dragged into who is performing better than who...thats not the point of this section. Sullivan has tried immensely in some aspects so has Orji in his own way, so have Okorocha and Akpabio in their own ways.
like I said countless times, my story was unplanned... im-promptu, It only occurred to me to start snapping pics after I had gotten petrol @ the Mega Station which as you know is outside Enugu town.
Maybe you could suggest what could be done better next time. Even if you don't have the time, some other jobless grin peeps like me who like to show off would be happy to take note of your corrections without any hard feelings and effect them.
Can we please end this here....
I apologize if some of my remarks on the pics seemed subtly insultive.
No wahala bro, I'vegot your point already just did not want the thread to the way I suspected it was going.
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by sultaan(m): 4:21pm On Nov 23, 2012
rhymz: No wahala bro, I'vegot your point already just did not want the thread to the way I suspected it was going.

Not one frequent with cartalk section had any political motive, it was the crowd used to the politics section that brought their opinion over.

You are all from the east let the talk be how to make the region better and not which state/gov is worse.I don,t see northerners doing that to their brothers.

It was purely about the experience in a PUG
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by rhymz(m): 9:50pm On Nov 23, 2012
sultaan:

Not one frequent with cartalk section had any political motive, it was the crowd used to the politics section that brought their opinion over.

You are all from the east let the talk be how to make the region better and not which state/gov is worse.I don,t see northerners doing that to their brothers.

It was purely about the experience in a PUG
WORD
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by yungboss(m): 10:25pm On Nov 23, 2012
rhymz: and you sound like a busybody!!
be easy brother...no one is drawing sword..
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by rhymz(m): 7:30am On Nov 24, 2012
yungboss:
be easy brother...no one is drawing sword..
you prolly should take your own advice, Mr!
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by ACM10: 9:04am On Nov 24, 2012
rhymz: I am not sure what this is about but it looks more like an EGO ride.
I have been to Akwa Ibom and Enugu, by far, Enugu is more cosmopolitan and have better inner access roads and structures than Akwa ibom.
It appears the intent of this thread besides the Ego ride is to praise AK by making Enugu especially look bad. I am not from either of the states but if I were to settle anywhere in the east, it will definitely be Enugu not AK. I was hoping to see some realy bad roads in the inner suburbs only for you to take pictures of federal roads and rural roads on the outskirts and compare them with inner town roads in AK.

It is all too familiar to not notice the bias. If your intent was to compare the level of developments in these states, then do it with objectivity and equality, don't compare apples with oranges.
Try again next time. AK is cool though.
Thank you jare! I thought that I am the only one who noticed the OP's bias. How can he take the picture of Enugu-PH expressway(which is a federal road) and use it to discredit Enugu? Besides, the road is at the outskirt of the Enugu. I challenge the OP to post the picture of any bad road in Enugu capital?
I implore the OP to follow the developments in Enugu, including the roads and other infrastructure on this thread,
www.nairaland.com/979128/enugu-pride-east
I invite anyone who has doubt to visit Enugu and AK and compare the two. Then come to this thread to pass your judgement.
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by yungboss(m): 3:24pm On Nov 24, 2012
why all the 'hidden' posts? Why do comments get hidden sometimes, its so funny.
I made a comment with no iota of derogatory word or insinuation....just said 'be easy bro, no swords drawn...'and then it's gone into oblivion....
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by rhymz(m): 4:08pm On Nov 24, 2012
Prolly cos they notice you are itching for some action that might derail the thread. . Lol
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by ChuxD1: 4:42pm On Nov 24, 2012
Love ur pix story...interesting.
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by yungboss(m): 10:54pm On Nov 24, 2012
rhymz: Prolly cos they notice you are itching for some action that might derail the thread. . Lol
hmmm, i see. But i didn't have no intention of such. Heard about Mind reading technology, i didn't know it is already being applied here!
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by rhymz(m): 11:17am On Nov 25, 2012
yungboss:
hmmm, i see. But i didn't have no intention of such. Heard about Mind reading technology, i didn't know it is already being applied here!
lol. . It is not rocket science, the unneccessary combativeness in your post was very evident. . Lol
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by yungboss(m): 3:21pm On Nov 25, 2012
rhymz: lol. . It is not rocket science, the unneccessary combativeness in your post was very evident. . Lol
for real bro, my post didn't even smell of such, no thoughts of such and i was not going combative at all...it's kindaof funny to me.
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by rhymz(m): 4:56pm On Nov 25, 2012
yungboss:
for real bro, my post didn't even smell of such, no thoughts of such and i was not going combative at all...it's kindaof funny to me.
Realy
Like seriously man, were you having a bout of amnesia when you quoted one of my posts and cynically infered that "I nagged like a woman". . You prolly would have said "bless you" in response if you were in my shoes, right?
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by yungboss(m): 5:03pm On Nov 25, 2012
rhymz: Realy
Like seriously man, were you having a bout of amnesia when you quoted one of my posts and cynically infered that "I nagged like a woman". . You prolly would have said "bless you" in response if you were in my shoes, right?
can you relate these statements and make common logic out of it? it's so easy to grasp..."sound like a nagging woman" was not hidden, but the next comment free from any form of antagonism was hidden, that's what i'm stressing here.
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by rhymz(m): 6:36pm On Nov 25, 2012
yungboss:
can you relate these statements and make common logic out of it? it's so easy to grasp..."sound like a nagging woman" was not hidden, but the next comment free from any form of antagonism was hidden, that's what i'm stressing here.
it was a subtle introsuction to antagonize. You even have unwittingly confirmed the intents of your antics. May be you should credit the OP for finding you out.
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by yungboss(m): 7:33pm On Nov 25, 2012
rhymz: it was a subtle introsuction to antagonize. You even have unwittingly confirmed the intents of your antics. May be you should credit the OP for finding you out.
''credit the OP'' i understand you better now.
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by rhymz(m): 7:36pm On Nov 25, 2012
yungboss:
''credit the OP'' i understand you better now.
it's a pleasure to have helped. .lol
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by tdie: 8:34am On Dec 10, 2012
Travelled to Anambra State last weekend but didnt take so many pics while driving-I'm still waiting for my dash mounted camera to arrive.
Stopped at Ninth mile to get plenty Okpa. The place is famous for its lovely tasting Okpa
For our non-Igbo Brethren Okpa is a local delicacy, kinda like a very thick pudding (like Moi-moi) made out of Bambara groundnuts. Tastes lovely

Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by tdie: 8:38am On Dec 10, 2012
Th Lopanta axis of the Enugu-PH expressway is finally being reconstructed... From the trucks i saw, i think its a collaboration between Julius Berger and Setraco.
At least it'll be a job well done... grin

Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by tdie: 8:39am On Dec 10, 2012
Lokpanta Axis reconstruction

Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by tdie: 8:43am On Dec 10, 2012
A lot of the potholes on the Enugu-Okigwe axis of the Enugu-PH Express have been patched up-courtesy of FERMA.
I don't think they have started between Okigwe and Umuahia. I didn't want to find out the hard way so I took my usual detour through the Old Okigwe-Umuahia Road that I showed in my first pictures on this thread.
Its at least a Start...

Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by Ikenna351(m): 9:29am On Dec 10, 2012
t-die:
Travelled to Anambra State last weekend but didnt take so many pics while driving-I'm still waiting for my dash mounted camera to arrive.
Stopped at Ninth mile to get plenty Okpa. The place is famous for its lovely tasting Okpa
For our non-Igbo Brethren Okpa is a local delicacy, kinda like a very thick pudding (like Moi-moi) made out of Bambara groundnuts. Tastes lovely

How bad is the Enugu-Onitsha Expressway? Because i will soon drive on it in 2 weeks time.

Ah! I missed the Okpa. You just reminded me of what i used to enjoy back then in the East.

I hope the 9th mile will be this free during Xmas holiday. I hate spending hours there, when my car has done 7 hrs high speed drive on Abuja-Enugu highway.

Ikenna.
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by tdie: 9:53am On Dec 10, 2012
Ikenna351:

How bad is the Enugu-Onitsha Expressway? Because i will soon drive on it in 2 weeks time.

Ah! I missed the Okpa. You just reminded me of what i used to enjoy back then in the East.

I hope the 9th mile will be this free during Xmas holiday. I hate spending hours there, when my car has done 7 hrs high speed drive on Abuja-Enugu highway.

Ikenna.

The Enugu-Onitsha Express way is motorable...and way better than the Enugu-Port Harcourt Express but only up to Nkwelle Junction (Before the toll gate) where you have to detour and enter Onitsha through the FGGC Onitsha/ GRA axis. If you decide to drive through the toll gate, then you're on you own o... from traffic jam at the new flyover to having to keep switching lanes even to being arrested by the infamous "Ndi mpiawa azu" (Task force) for as much as braking to ask for directions.

Ninth mile is probably going to be horrible this christmas, because even when I drove there during my first trip,I almost spent an hour there because of ongoing road repairs. From my picture, you will notice that only one lane is in use. I forsee the major problem just to be at the NInth mile junction itself... further down the roads are now good up to the new market flyover where it becomes a bit bumpy again if you decide to drive through new market. If you however decide to drive straigt on through trans ekulu junction/82 Div, then its a very very smooth stretch.
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by Ikenna351(m): 10:03am On Dec 10, 2012
t-die:

The Enugu-Onitsha Express way is motorable...and way better than the Enugu-Port Harcourt Express but only up to Nkwelle Junction (Before the toll gate) where you have to detour and enter Onitsha through the FGGC Onitsha/ GRA axis. If you decide to drive through the toll gate, then you're on you own o... from traffic jam at the new flyover to having to keep switching lanes even to being arrested by the infamous "Ndi mpiawa azu" (Task force) for as much as braking to ask for directions.

Ninth mile is probably going to be horrible this christmas, because even when I drove there during my first trip,I almost spent an hour there because of ongoing road repairs. From my picture, you will notice that only one lane is in use. I forsee the major problem just to be at the NInth mile junction itself... further down the roads are now good up to the new market flyover where it becomes a bit bumpy again if you decide to drive through new market. If you however decide to drive straigt on through trans ekulu junction/82 Div, then its a very very smooth stretch.

Thanks.

I wont drive upto Nkwelle junction. My journey will end at Awkuzu junction.

As for the 9th mile, i will have to wait and do the journey on the 27th or so. I believe the traffic will have reduced by then.

Ikenna.
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by oblo(m): 5:45am On Dec 11, 2013
Nice writeup. I currently shuttle between Abeokuta-Benin-onitsha -Enugu and Enugu-ph with my 2001 VW jetta 1.8t (wolfsburg edition) and if you ask me the roads are actually not really as good at all. Actually lost one or two tires at some point due to terrible potholes.

But like the op noted some maintenance is going on as we speak and that's a good thing because me know say dis Xmas waka no go easy for we road users wen wan travel go village for Xmas!

t-die pm me or sen me a mail with details on how to contact you. I need to ask a few questions pls. Thanks. My email is jiggamanoblo@yahoo.co.uk.
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by Dogzimalon: 4:22pm On Dec 12, 2013
hello you went through okigwe what about going through Afikpo like after 4 corners yo divert after AGWU heard its better than going through okigwe
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by Nobody: 1:25am On Dec 13, 2013
Thanks for posting pics.

Frankly I don't know why you guys bother with other than solid axle trucks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Innoson Builds FRSC Vans / Driver Smashes Car Into A Residential Building In Delta State (Photo) / My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.