Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? (7635 Views)

Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex / Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? / Do You Know Your HIV Status? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? by abifoluwa: 10:37pm On Nov 19, 2012
i took my test recently, and i was surprised by people who are infected, and didnt get tested.
so i am just wondering how often do people on Nland get tested, and if you dont get tested like every month why? is it because of money? or u dont believe hiv exist?
Re: How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 20, 2012
Re: How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 20, 2012
Yeah me too and it was during my pregnancies , I don't see why I should when I'm not transfused or doing any monkey business undecided
Re: How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? by babsomotde(m): 12:35am On Nov 21, 2012
It should be done regularly like 3 - 4 times in a year depending on how you put yourself into risks that could get one infected. I am clean and free.Thanks to God.
Re: How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? by Nobody: 6:32am On Nov 21, 2012
if you are putting yourself as risk so often that you have to carry out 4 HIV tests doesnt it make sense that you try and reduce the risks.
Re: How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? by eikeem(m): 8:17am On Nov 21, 2012
Annually, and that's because my organisation does it as part of its annual medical examination.
Re: How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? by MadCow1: 8:19am On Nov 21, 2012
Once a year..

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? by Ramcie(f): 8:22am On Nov 21, 2012
I do it for fun. Every month I take the test. My Dr said am abusing the test but I just like having my blood taken. Apart from that, I also check my sugar level and genotype .

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? by gbokukueba(m): 8:23am On Nov 21, 2012
Last week as part of a work permit process... was a bit worried when a clipper bruised my skin... but thank God Almighty... I am free at last!
Re: How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? by Afam4eva(m): 8:25am On Nov 21, 2012
I did one 3 months ago. I'm waiting for another 3 months to take another one.
Re: How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? by femmy2010(m): 8:27am On Nov 21, 2012
Once a year seems more like it for me.
More often if you suspect your spouse is cheating on you or if you are a cheat.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 21, 2012
Chei! I've done it only once in my life when i went for medical screening as part of the registration you do when you just gain admission into uni. Now i'm a graduate..
Still i've not gone for one..didnt see reason to. I guess i'd have to go for one, one of these days. #shudders....
Re: How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? by jpphilips(m): 8:27am On Nov 21, 2012
abifoluwa: i took my test recently, and i was surprised by people who are infected, and didnt get tested.
so i am just wondering how often do people on Nland get tested, and if you dont get tested like every month why? is it because of money? or u dont believe hiv exist?

every 6months, company policy
Re: How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? by dramenda(f): 8:28am On Nov 21, 2012
i dont.i play safe,my defence tight.
Re: How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 21, 2012
gosh! V neva done d test o
Re: How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? by illuminaty(m): 8:29am On Nov 21, 2012
Living ♍Ɣ life like its GOLDEN
Re: How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? by k2039: 8:33am On Nov 21, 2012
NEVER
Re: How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? by DonTim1: 8:33am On Nov 21, 2012
Ramcie: I do it for fun. Every month I take the test. My Dr said am abusing the test but I just like having my blood taken. Apart from that, I also check my sugar level and genotype .

Does ur genotype change by d month ? Dat u enjoy having ur blood taken ?? What's thr to enjoy ? D pprick by d pin or d sucking by d plunger ?
Ramcie: I do it for fun. Every month I take the test. My Dr said am abusing the test but I just like having my blood taken. Apart from that, I also check my sugar level and genotype .

Does ur genotype change by d month ? Dat u enjoy having ur blood taken ?? What's thr to enjoy ? D pprick by d pin or d sucking by d plunger ?
Re: How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? by alyarmouk(m): 8:37am On Nov 21, 2012
rubbish testing...avnt done mine and will probably never do it...when I know am not messing up ma self.....if you happen to do it and it turned out ++ itz the fear that wld kill u sef nt even the sickness so my advice? better to die with it without knowing than seeking to know. afterall people die in accidents etc daily...so why leave with the knowledge that you are ++ when u can live a healthy life without its knowledge. £jstmythought£

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? by tohirah(f): 8:39am On Nov 21, 2012
never taken the test

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? by paris10: 8:41am On Nov 21, 2012

Becareful with your doing it for fun attitude. You might end up getting infected inadventently with used niddle. If not, you might still get infected with a plastered blood if there's any open flesh in your body.

Doctors might even mistakenly swap the test result and give you the positive one. You die after seeing the result, wouldn't you?

3 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? by fittty(m): 8:42am On Nov 21, 2012
Never did! I play safe, Plus I'm not promiscous and got my own hair clipper! kiss
Re: How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? by slimyem: 8:43am On Nov 21, 2012
Taken it about 3 times..
Last i took was last year...
Re: How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? by Ramcie(f): 8:46am On Nov 21, 2012
paris10:

Becareful with your doing it for fun attitude. You might end up getting infected inadventently with used niddle. If not, you might still get infected with a plastered blood if there's any open flesh in your body.

Doctors might even mistakenly swap the test result and give you the positive one. You die after seeing the result, wouldn't you?

Hahahahahaha u want to scare me Ba? Advice taken. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? by Ramcie(f): 8:47am On Nov 21, 2012
Don Tim:

No it doesn't I just do it for fun like I earlier said . The pain doesn't bother me .
Re: How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? by kelvincoll(m): 8:49am On Nov 21, 2012
I did once some years back when i needed to donate blood for a dieing relative, Gosh it was a terifying moment waiting on the test result but thank God it was Nay!.. Well my woman did the test recently and it was negative so i guess lucky me again! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? by eduson77(m): 8:50am On Nov 21, 2012
did mine last Saturday due to work permit in my country of residence.
i slimmed up in 1hour cus if you have it or,Hyperta.. c or any venerable disease,you done reach murtala be that.
I never know i will pass it after all i have done during school days...
Bt all thanks to GOD.
i don repent be that.
Re: How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 21, 2012
alyarmouk: rubbish testing...avnt done mine and will probably never do it...when I know am not messing up ma self.....if you happen to do it and it turned out ++ itz the fear that wld kill u sef nt even the sickness so my advice? better to die with it without knowing than seeking to know. afterall people die in accidents etc daily...so why leave with the knowledge that you are ++ when u can live a healthy life without its knowledge. £jstmythought£
yeah you're right. I buy dat idea
Re: How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? by chakula: 8:58am On Nov 21, 2012
Have no time for it.
Re: How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? by MMM2(m): 9:07am On Nov 21, 2012
Not necessary becos am still a virgin tongue

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? by kelvincoll(m): 9:08am On Nov 21, 2012
M M M: Not necessary becos am still a virgin tongue

and im yet unborn .... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? by Rooneyboy(m): 9:13am On Nov 21, 2012
I'm as clean and pure as a dove but I still make it a routine to do years checks(once) .
Naturally I do try my possible best to live a very healthy life like drinking loads of water every morning, doing a little bit of exercise daily, taking enough fruits and vegetable daily,avoid heavy foods once its past 7pm so as to enable my body digest what's its received easily.

One thing I've learnt about the human system is that "early detection of any ailment @ all is the panacea to that very problem "

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bitter Kola Cures HIV / How Can I Increase The Size Of My Manhood? / Good News For Hepatitis Patients, Bht Plus Capsules Now Available In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.