Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Do You Know Your HIV Status? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do You Know Your HIV Status? (11600 Views)

She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs / Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? / How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Sirgen05(m): 9:19am On Jan 10, 2013
Many persons dread with passion the issue of going for HIV Testing! They prefer not knowin their status and relish on the comfort of 'wetin man no know, no dey kill am'. Sorry dear, this one will kill u if u do refuse to know. Know this, it's free to test. Go to nearby Voluntary counselling and testing centre! Whether u know it or not, if it's there, it's there. So do well to test, to have positive living! If positive, the drug is given freely in any government hospitals.
Screen if:
1. You have not for the past 3-6months, with history of unprotected sex.
2. You hav not done b4.
3. If pregnant, usually done at antenatal booking clinic.
4. Rape, needle prick. Done 3-6months after, or instantly with Polymerase Chain Reaction.
Many people fear the stigma more than the disease and will eventually die of it.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Godmother(f): 9:23am On Jan 10, 2013
Its not easy submitting urself for this text oh. The last time I did I almost died of apprehension. The fact that one can get this desease inmany ways will always put doubts in ur mind. Anways, I'm due again to check but I'm not looking forward to it
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by aadetoyin(f): 9:31am On Jan 10, 2013
Yes I know my status. I try to do it every couple of yrs but its scary even when u re faithful because u can get it in various ways.
I heard a guy lost his job because he is positive. Dats bad. We have to put an end to the stigmatization. These people have families to care for and it might not be there fault that they contacted it.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by basty: 3:45pm On Jan 14, 2013
I did last when my wife Registered with Lasuth in the ante-natal thing.
However, I have had series of unprotected sex.
What about that?.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Abujafood: 3:45pm On Jan 14, 2013
@OP

Yea I know mine but I won't tell you!

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Prodigee: 3:46pm On Jan 14, 2013
Yes i fink i do undecided
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by adewaleafolabi(m): 3:47pm On Jan 14, 2013
Negative! checked less than 6months ago
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Afam4eva(m): 3:47pm On Jan 14, 2013
Last time i checked i was negative. But i nearly burst open the head of the doctor because i never asked them to conduct a HIV test on me. Neither did i pay for it.

Here's how it ensued:

Doctor: We have to conduct a Malaria and Typhoid test to ascertain if you have any in your body

Me: Ok

He writes some gibberish on a paper and asks me to take it to the lab.

I went to the lab and my blood was taken and when the result was taken, i was asked to take it to the doctor to interpret it for me.

Doctor: From the test results, you have Typhoid and malaria.

Me: Ok Doctor.

Doctor: And for the HIV test...

Me: HIV wetin? I didn't pay for that.

Doctor: We offer HIV tests free to all patients.

Me: What sort of rubbish is that. How can you conduct a test i did not ask for. This is an invasion of privacy bla bla bla.

Doctor: **In my mind i had already broken his head with bottle before he said**- The result is negative

Me: Ohh ok

42 Likes

Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Jarus(m): 3:47pm On Jan 14, 2013
I still did last week. Negative
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 14, 2013
i'm f!cking non-reactive. . .
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by RedLight1: 3:49pm On Jan 14, 2013
nope .... too scared to check it
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Revolva(m): 3:49pm On Jan 14, 2013
Rubbish !!!! I have not done dis shit before and will never do it..all I know is my immune system is strong..I don't do unhygenic tins...and I protekt..haha na una sabi my blood too strong
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Prodigee: 3:50pm On Jan 14, 2013
Revolva: Rubbish !!!! I have not done dis shit before and will never do it..all I know is my immune system is strong..I don't do unhygenic tins...and I protekt..haha na una sabi my blood too strong
Duh!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by djeezy(m): 3:51pm On Jan 14, 2013
I checked mine but it's been long. It scared the shi.t outta me. That mini heart attack when the doctor comes out not smiling, only his countenance can make you faint. He touched me on the shoulder and said, walk with me. After leading me to my car, he handed the result to me and said your status is negative. Then there was a sign of relieve.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by poweredcom(m): 3:51pm On Jan 14, 2013
cool Many clinic have refuse me because my blood is green!!! Lol and last december I Bleep 3 ashawo unprotected...haha I still stand gidigba!!!
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Chinwem(f): 3:51pm On Jan 14, 2013
Wow shocked , why is this thread empty like this? Even after making front page.
If it was some other topic now there would've been congestion............lol
At topic, yes I know mine. Check it all the time cuz I have ready access to test kits and it's an occupational hazard.
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by ghettodreamz(m): 3:52pm On Jan 14, 2013
Yes!
Yes!!
Yes!!!

NEGATIVE- Non- Reactive....

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by ajanaku2(m): 3:54pm On Jan 14, 2013
adewaleafolabi: Negative! checked less than 6months ago

You need a Recheck!
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by samnugba(m): 3:54pm On Jan 14, 2013
yeah, -ve, though it has been a long time, say 4years(?). but am a dedicated blood donor(doctors and blood donors would understand this)
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 14, 2013
[quote author=Sirgen05]Many persons dread with passion the issue of going for HIV Testing! They prefer not knowin their status and relish on the comfort of 'wetin man no know, no dey kill am'. Sorry dear, this one will kill u if u do refuse to know. Know this, it's free to test. Go to nearby Voluntary counselling and testing centre! Whether u know it or not, if it's there, it's there. So do well to test, to have positive living!
Screen if:
1. You have not for the past 3months, with history of unprotected sex.
2. You hav not done b4.
3. If pregnant, usually done at antenatal booking clinic.
4. Rape, needle prick. Done 3months after, or with Polymerase Chain Reaction.
Many people fear the stigma more than the disease and will eventually die of it.[/quotyY

YES! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Rooneyboy(m): 3:55pm On Jan 14, 2013
I have done this test on so many occasions, the last being match last year, no matter how pure or decent u've lived ur life once u are waiting for the result u could die of high BP b4 the result comes out.

ADVICE : if u are not strong hearted don't try it.

U WILL DIE.

6 Likes

Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by etalker: 3:55pm On Jan 14, 2013
Yes I know my HIV status. Any other question?

In the absence of that, I'm off for lunch joor.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by segunjowo(m): 3:57pm On Jan 14, 2013
No, I don't know my status oh and I don't want to know it. I know I don't have it cos I don't sleep around anyhow. Also, I don't share sharp objects, not even clippers in the salon!
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by youngdee168(m): 3:58pm On Jan 14, 2013
No i dont knw my status and i dont think am ready to go for any test sooner, not because am ignorant but because i've never had sex, i dont share objects with anyone not even at the barber shop, i've never been involved in any blood transfusion before, no any symptoms of sickness, so i think am safe.
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by ghettodreamz(m): 3:58pm On Jan 14, 2013
poweredcom: cool Many clinic have refuse me because my blood is green!!! Lol and last december I Bleep 3 ashawo unprotected...haha I still stand gidigba!!!

Okoko maiko... Okoko maiko... Okoko maiko.... Somebody is doing himself here oooooooo. Chai! See me see trouble ooooo. For this civilized world where awareness choke... Full air & ground (radio,internet,tv,billboards) burekete, somebody still de sleep with ashewo without protection...

Poweredcom.....I cast out the spirit of fornication and unprotected se-x out of your life in Jesus name, amen....

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Dygeasy(m): 3:59pm On Jan 14, 2013
Its the only negative thing in my life
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by chacha3(f): 4:00pm On Jan 14, 2013
Is always not easy doing this test but as a mother u can't even run away from it when u are pregnant. I did mine november ending,not as if I asked for it shaa but am glad all the same cos I know my status.
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by yuzedo: 4:02pm On Jan 14, 2013
Huh? Hiv? Wazzat? Is it some kind of beehive? undecided

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 14, 2013
Even if him be positive him go talk? I'm negative and when i got the result, i knew it was time to get a wife

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Nature Healing Power Of Living Water and The Bio Disc / Pain On The Left Side Of My Stomach / Health System Injustice In Nigeria: A Cry From A Broken Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.