Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,586 members, 7,837,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

What Influences Your Choice Of Food? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Influences Your Choice Of Food? (2415 Views)

If You Are Given This Type Of Food By Your Inlaws (picture) / See The Kind Of Food Served For Lunch At An IDP Camp In Maiduguri / Nairalanders,what Type Of Food Do You Hate/detest Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Influences Your Choice Of Food? by noskyboy(m): 12:02am On Nov 20, 2012
was thinking about it and it got me wondering, why do people what they eat, i.e. What influences your food choice, is it the nutritional value that makes you prefer certain foods, or is it the taste, or is it depending on your appetite or is simply because thats whats available and affordable? Mine is depending on my appetite sha. Please lets know, yours
Re: What Influences Your Choice Of Food? by noskyboy(m): 12:03am On Nov 20, 2012
front page tins. Please.
Re: What Influences Your Choice Of Food? by Emmyk(m): 12:57am On Nov 20, 2012
Good Topic.. sometimes availability does and sometimes I just not feel like eating anything I have but to go out and buy something else
Re: What Influences Your Choice Of Food? by Youngzedd(m): 7:43am On Nov 20, 2012
At times it depends on the nutritional value and also the available resources be it in cash or what ever.

There is what my people normally say;
He that doesn't have money for malt will say that Coke is the best.

It all depends on the purchasing power of what you have.

Don't tell me that a wealthy man will eat junk food.
Re: What Influences Your Choice Of Food? by Exponental(m): 7:44am On Nov 20, 2012
Garri happens 2 be my favorite. Most especially when d water is chilled with slight sugar. Addition of evaporated milk make it a delicacy..... Other dan dis, anytin hot and tasty will do......so mine is temperature of food available, location, last meal n state of mind.

1 Like

Re: What Influences Your Choice Of Food? by k2039: 7:45am On Nov 20, 2012
My family,I'm not independent yet,so whatever is on the table is what I eat.
Re: What Influences Your Choice Of Food? by Iaz93: 7:46am On Nov 20, 2012
Youngzedd: At times it depends on the nutritional value and also the available resources be it in cash or what ever.

There is what my people normally say;
He that doesn't have money for malt will say that Coke is the best.

It all depends on the purchasing power of what you have.

Don't tell me that a wealthy man will eat junk food.
your head dey there. PURCHASING POWER
Shikena!
Re: What Influences Your Choice Of Food? by jhydebaba(m): 7:50am On Nov 20, 2012
Disposable income
Re: What Influences Your Choice Of Food? by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 20, 2012
Well, it depends on your mood, the food and money available.
Re: What Influences Your Choice Of Food? by noskyboy(m): 7:56am On Nov 20, 2012
@youngzedd, havnt u noticed sometimes one might have money to buy anytin he/she wants but would not knw what to buy,
Re: What Influences Your Choice Of Food? by nedu2000(m): 7:57am On Nov 20, 2012
Nutritional value doesn't work for M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥,its what my taste buds tell M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥,that I follow.......eba in d afternoon and maybe plantain with indomie at night
Re: What Influences Your Choice Of Food? by LaBonito(f): 8:02am On Nov 20, 2012
Taa gbafuo o I no see u sef.
Iaz93:
Godforbidt
Re: What Influences Your Choice Of Food? by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 20, 2012
What influence my choice of food is who's doing the cooking, I always look forward to any food cooked by my mum,she's the best cook in the World.

*mum just called me for breakfast now* bread,and beans noni.
Re: What Influences Your Choice Of Food? by joshuaidibia(m): 8:21am On Nov 20, 2012
HUNGER INFLUENCES MY CHOICE OF FOOD.

1 Like

Re: What Influences Your Choice Of Food? by Enoquin(f): 8:24am On Nov 20, 2012
Mood mostly and then purchasing power. I felt like having yam with fresh pepper and onions in oil this morning and I did. Ate unripe plantain porridge yesterday with periwinkles.
Re: What Influences Your Choice Of Food? by Iaz93: 8:26am On Nov 20, 2012
La Bonito: Taa gbafuo o I no see u sef.
SMH
Re: What Influences Your Choice Of Food? by dramenda(f): 8:28am On Nov 20, 2012
KINDA FUNNY,MINE IS MOOD.
Re: What Influences Your Choice Of Food? by MadCow1: 8:33am On Nov 20, 2012
My emotions...

Re: What Influences Your Choice Of Food? by Zenanted(m): 8:35am On Nov 20, 2012
k2039: My family,I'm not independent yet,so whatever is on the table is what I eat.
Chai....the truth shall set u free!
Re: What Influences Your Choice Of Food? by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 20, 2012
My stomach lol.
Re: What Influences Your Choice Of Food? by iyaayi(f): 9:01am On Nov 20, 2012
Healthy nutritional considerations most times am trying to maintain weight and also on watching fat/cholesterol intake!
Sometimes, I indulge.
Re: What Influences Your Choice Of Food? by drlaykay(m): 9:13am On Nov 20, 2012
Nothing physical and nothing explanable.its just from d inside!
Re: What Influences Your Choice Of Food? by Cleverley(m): 9:22am On Nov 20, 2012
Cash, weather, intended visitor'(s), and mood. And also availability o o o
Re: What Influences Your Choice Of Food? by Horlawoomey(m): 10:20am On Nov 20, 2012
Weather condition and nutritional values.
Re: What Influences Your Choice Of Food? by ignis: 11:29am On Nov 20, 2012
dr.laykay:
Nothing physical and nothing explanable.its just from d inside!
what are you saying?
Re: What Influences Your Choice Of Food? by Emmyk(m): 12:57pm On Nov 20, 2012
k2039: My family,I'm not independent yet,so whatever is on the table is what I eat.
u still home? University nko?
Re: What Influences Your Choice Of Food? by k2039: 2:30pm On Nov 20, 2012
Emmyk: u still home? University nko?
I go to school from home.
Re: What Influences Your Choice Of Food? by Kenistry(m): 2:54pm On Nov 20, 2012
Money first den mood & appetite

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Sandwich Thread: Post Pictures Of Your Favorite Nigerian Sandwiches / Chimpanzee Killed And Butchered / Pure Water Has Been Banned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.