Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,582 members, 7,820,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Can I Do My Post-graduate Degree During Service Year? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Can I Do My Post-graduate Degree During Service Year? (11264 Views)

3 Corps Members In Taraba to repeat Service Year For Misconduct / Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Do My Post-graduate Degree During Service Year? by Bacteriocin(m): 4:43am On Nov 20, 2012
I'm a final year polytechnic student looking for a school that is not that expensive †̥ do my PGD. The question now is: can I do it while serving (NYSC)? And if I can't, please I need †̥ know schools that are not expensive that I can do it later.
Re: Can I Do My Post-graduate Degree During Service Year? by SlyIg(f): 5:45am On Nov 20, 2012
If you can produce your NYSC discharge certificate all by yourself without going for service which i know it will be somehow ...,then what next! Go to Unizik in Anambra cos life is cheaper there and within a short While,you are off!
Re: Can I Do My Post-graduate Degree During Service Year? by Freeopod(m): 6:58am On Nov 20, 2012
Am sorry u can't, and for d cheap schools try the federal universities, they are way cheaper than state universities and private ones.
Re: Can I Do My Post-graduate Degree During Service Year? by meerah25(f): 7:06am On Nov 20, 2012
Yes you can. . .but NTI PGD

1 Like

Re: Can I Do My Post-graduate Degree During Service Year? by Bacteriocin(m): 7:53am On Nov 20, 2012
SlyIg: If you can produce your NYSC discharge certificate all by yourself without going for service which i know it will be somehow ...,then what next! Go to Unizik in Anambra cos life is cheaper there and within a short While,you are off!
but  discharge certificate means that I wouldn't serve now?
Re: Can I Do My Post-graduate Degree During Service Year? by tayoccu(m): 12:01pm On Nov 20, 2012
Bacteriocin: I'm a final year polytechnic student looking for a school that is not that expensive †̥ do my PGD. The question now is: can I do it while serving (NYSC)? And if I can't, please I need †̥ know schools that are not expensive that I can do it later.

Some schools in the north allow you to run PGD even Masters during your service year.
Re: Can I Do My Post-graduate Degree During Service Year? by Bacteriocin(m): 12:59pm On Nov 20, 2012
tayoccu:

Some schools in the north allow you to run PGD even Masters during your service year.
but north is a no-go area now. That is another problem
Re: Can I Do My Post-graduate Degree During Service Year? by Orpelin: 1:35pm On Nov 21, 2012
Bacteriocin: I'm a final year polytechnic student looking for a school that is not that expensive †̥ do my PGD. The question now is: can I do it while serving (NYSC)? And if I can't, please I need †̥ know schools that are not expensive that I can do it later.

If U can't go(come) to the northern sch for ur PGS cos they can allow U to study without NYSC certificate/exemption then U may try National Open University(NOUN)
Re: Can I Do My Post-graduate Degree During Service Year? by ColourME: 5:15am On Nov 23, 2012
Why do you need a PGD in the first place? If you are aiming to become "hot" or to compliment your low grade then you are making another mistake.

instead, why not get a skill or learn a particular software? Look inward and bring out that little unique tendency you suppressed over the years and convert it to cash. I don't know your area of specialization but does it even matter what course you read? things are changing and are changing fast enough that most employers of labour do so on 'what can you do' basis. Think about what I said.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Do My Post-graduate Degree During Service Year? by Chokolee(m): 1:47pm On Nov 27, 2012
Orpelin:

If U can't go(come) to the northern sch for ur PGS cos they can allow U to study without NYSC certificate/exemption then U may try National Open University(NOUN)
Do you mean the NORTH that i stay??..please which institution precisely are you talking about?
Re: Can I Do My Post-graduate Degree During Service Year? by hardie14(f): 6:25pm On Apr 19, 2016
Orpelin:

please mention ths school
Re: Can I Do My Post-graduate Degree During Service Year? by greatestman(m): 6:35pm On Apr 19, 2016
tayoccu:

Universities like?
I don't want to condemn you totally..

(1) (Reply)

Procedure For Claiming Unpaid NYSC Allowances? / 2018 Jamb Matriculation List, Nysc Error List And The Way Forward / Commonly Used Terms In NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.