Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,507 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? (11493 Views)

Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? / Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp / Corpers How Do You Manage Your N19,000 (Alawe) Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? by tunnex190: 11:29am On Jul 09, 2012
This is open to fellow corps members posted to various states in Nigeria. In Cross River State, I can say those military men are fair with us. But there is this Camp Commandant with strong head. He always wants to prove wicked and stubborn. He's only one I can say that he has not been treating us fairly. Just now he asked some corpers to rub their body with mud and force them to sit inside a mud. I tire for this ajuwaya thing o. Na by force?

1 Like

Re: Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? by tunnex190: 11:32am On Jul 09, 2012
Please pictures and images are allowed. Let's share some of the pictures taken to see how our fellow corpers are treated in their various camp.
Re: Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? by Nonywendy(m): 8:37am On Jul 13, 2012
@tunnex, im currently serving in obubra camp cross river, i hate d soldiers attitude though some are fair. Wat i hate is d way dey force us out at nite social activities. Hook up wit mt. Im in platoon 5. Here is my number.....07030387478. Waiting to see u
Re: Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 13, 2012
Nonywendy: @tunnex, im currently serving in obubra camp cross river, i hate d soldiers attitude though some are fair. Wat i hate is d way dey force us out AT NITE SOCIAL ACTIVITIES. Hook up wit mt. Im in platoon 5. Here is my number.....07030387478. Waiting to see u
Shaaarrrapp & korect urslf. Plus watz d essence of d hook up fing? OP did'nt ask for nos. Otondo! Sori dude! No string's attachd though. I servd 2yr ago. N.B: Beliv mi if u folo d laid dwn rules & regulatns, u won't b punishd unecessarily, copy dt.
Re: Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? by Blackteeth(m): 4:29pm On Jul 13, 2012
Sorry am not a youth corper but what I want to ask is, if these soldiers are too nice to you guys will you all obey the rules? Controlling large number of humans to be punctual and obedient isnt an easy task.

2 Likes

Re: Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? by greall1: 4:41pm On Jul 13, 2012
Otondo coffar who ask u number

Nonywendy: @tunnex, im currently serving in obubra camp cross river, i hate d soldiers attitude though some are fair. Wat i hate is d way dey force us out at nite social activities. Hook up wit mt. Im in platoon 5. Here is my number.....07030387478. Waiting to see u
Re: Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? by Chygoz2(m): 4:43pm On Jul 13, 2012
I'm currently serving in rivers state and the soldiers here are treating us very well. In fact they make us laugh all the time. Just ensure that you do the right thing at the right time and be at the right place at the right time or else you'll frog-jump till your thighs are finished. We are woken up by 5am unlike in other camps where corpers are woken up by 4am. Nothing like lying in the mud here though. Frog-jumping is the major punishment here. The camp commandant doesn't talk much. In fact the only thing i've heard him say was when he hailed a fellow drama club member by saying 'igwe' just before we went on stage.

1 Like

Re: Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? by Wislet(f): 4:45pm On Jul 13, 2012
..... And why in the world should they be NICE ( the way we usually describe the word)?.
it is a form of military training. Should they buy Mr Biggs and tell you bedtime stories too?
Or you want them to unleash ' big babies' to the society at the end of 1 yr? Smh.

That 'harshness' and 'wickedness' u'll come to thank them for later when u'll need to put it into practice.

2 Likes

Re: Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? by Super1759: 4:45pm On Jul 13, 2012
Soldiers were ma best friends then,in the morning during when everyone is running ² prayer ground.I drag ma feet ² one corridor 2 sleep,dats if I don't wana go.during all those lectures and training.me and ma niggies.seat in our hostel and gist and chat.if dem catch us.dem go tell us."Ur on ur own ooo"in d evening parade.we go deh mami till sun go.we go now join dem.na we make noise pass.no be say we deh give dem anytn.but that is "understanding".in the night.we stay with dem gist and some guys giv dem bottles,shikena.jus do the right thing.till date I talk with some on fone..I enjoyed camp walahii
Re: Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? by h360d(m): 4:48pm On Jul 13, 2012
I also served two years ago. the soldiers usually do their jobs but the OTONDOS too also and usually provoke them. imagine a corp member expecting to be left alone till 12-1 midnight in mammy market, Habah.
Re: Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? by DammyFx: 4:50pm On Jul 13, 2012
They are big boys here... Very young
Re: Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 13, 2012
@emmysenior & greall1

Both of you guys are bullies. What's d big deal if some1 wants to connect to his/her fellow corper?

Abi u guys are just jealous cos u served in Chad republic grin

1 Like

Re: Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? by braine(m): 5:07pm On Jul 13, 2012
Super1759: Soldiers were ma best friends then,in the morning during when everyone is running ² prayer ground.I drag ma feet ² one corridor and sleep,dats if I don't wana go.later I join them.during all those lectures and training.me and ma niggies.seat in our hostel and gist and chat.if dem catch us.dem go tell us."Ur on ur own ooo"in d eveing parade.we go deh mami till sun go.we go join dem.na we make noise pass.no be say we deh give dem anytn.but that understanding.in the night.we stay with dem gist and some guys giv dem bottles.finish.jus do the right thing and d wrong thing pretending in dia absent but them knw wasup.till date I talk with some on fone..I enjoyed camp walahii

Is there any problem typing your words fully in simple and correct English?
Re: Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? by slimming: 5:10pm On Jul 13, 2012
Bust into female hostel in the name of pursing them for parade.
Re: Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? by Nwankwopeter: 5:56pm On Jul 13, 2012
Pls fellow and ex corps member, what is punishment of being caught in the hostel sleeping while lectures are going on?
Re: Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? by Wislet(f): 6:10pm On Jul 13, 2012
Super1759: Soldiers were ma best friends then,in the morning during when everyone is running ² prayer ground.I drag ma feet ² one corridor and sleep,dats if I don't wana go.later I join them.during all those lectures and training.me and ma niggies.seat in our hostel and gist and chat.if dem catch us.dem go tell us."Ur on ur own ooo"in d eveing parade.we go deh mami till sun go.we go join dem.na we make noise pass.no be say we deh give dem anytn.but that understanding.in the night.we stay with dem gist and some guys giv dem bottles.finish.jus do the right thing and d wrong thing pretending in dia absent but them knw wasup.till date I talk with some on fone..I enjoyed camp walahii
clap for yourself.
Re: Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? by kay2000(m): 6:39pm On Jul 13, 2012
This is exactly are they are treating them.

1 Share

Re: Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? by kay2000(m): 6:40pm On Jul 13, 2012
This is exactly how
they are treating them.

Re: Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? by kay2000(m): 6:51pm On Jul 13, 2012
This is exactly how some are been treated. What an orientation.

Re: Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? by segiwest(m): 6:54pm On Jul 13, 2012
Come to Jigawa and u wuld love it xcept for the feeding, but anytin else they are very friendly and always ready to listen. When its time to be serious then you must be very serious... Jigawa, i hail oooo... Gorillas. Platoon 6 futbal coach..
Re: Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? by paulmarkino: 6:58pm On Jul 13, 2012

Re: Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? by BigDee3: 7:36pm On Jul 13, 2012
segiwest: Come to Jigawa and u wuld love it xcept for the feeding, but anytin else they are very friendly and always ready to listen. When its time to be serious then you must be very serious... Jigawa, i hail oooo... Gorillas. Platoon 6 futbal coach..

Served in Jigawa some years ago. Can't believe Gorilla is still there. Is your commandant the short guy with the space bus?
Those were the most memorable three weeks of my life. I had FUN but redeployed to Lagos immediately after camp. Enjoy!
Re: Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? by Onyenna(m): 7:40pm On Jul 13, 2012
Here in wannune, benue state, we have nice soldiers...they do make us laugh most times but of course you have to do the right thing @ the right time or else you frog-jump......there is this Very HUGE soldier here oooohh..... Platoon2 commandant......I'm really enjoying ma stay here......though some people(cry-cry babies) love to complain a lot....and by the way, I'm in platoon 1.....Peace!!!
Re: Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? by mkoabiola: 8:32pm On Jul 13, 2012
Hmmmm.I served in Bayelsa batch A it was so intresting n lot of fun.I can 4get in a hurry.dere was a day d sojas woke me up by 1AM cos I was d hostel marshal only 4 me to b searching all d bags to get a missing Phone in my hostel,no one was allowed to sleep till 4am and we woke up again by 4.30am 4 meditation.lol
Re: Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? by Spirit96(m): 8:34pm On Jul 13, 2012
slimming: Bust into female hostel in the name of pursing them for parade.
NO 1, U ARE NOT EXPECTED 2 SLEEP WITH NOTHING IN UR BODY COS IT'S NOT UR HOUSE.
NO 2, FIRE ALARM COULD BE SOUNDED AT ANYTIME IN D MID9TE.
NO 3, U KNEW THAT D SLDRS EXPECTED THAT AS AT 5AM U MUST HV WOKEN UP N GET FULLY READY N ANY SITUATN THEY FOUND U, U AR ON UR OWN.
NO 4, SMTIMES FEMALE SLDRS DO D JOB N ASSISTED BY D MEMBERS OF D FEMALE NPF, NSCDC N D MAN O WAR. SO BURY D ISSUE OF EMBARRASEMENT.
Re: Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 13, 2012
na enjoyment we dey 4 bukuru camp @ jos.. Friendly bt full of sakara soldiers. We are eatin as if we are sentenced.
Re: Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? by Decryptor(m): 8:47pm On Jul 13, 2012
Example of treatment meted by soldiers in camp

Re: Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? by Spirit96(m): 8:47pm On Jul 13, 2012
tunnex190: This is open to fellow corps members posted to various states in Nigeria. In Cross River State, I can say those military men are fair with us. But there is this Camp Commandant with strong head. He always wants to prove wicked and stubborn. He's only one I can say that he has not been treating us fairly. Just now he asked some corpers to rub their body with mud and force them to sit inside a mud. I tire for this ajuwaya thing o. Na by force?
NO! IT'S NOT BY FORCE. IF U ARE ACTUALLY TIRED, PACK UR LOAD N AJUWAYA 2 UR VILLAGE. IT'S NOT AN OFFENCE!
Re: Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? by Decryptor(m): 8:54pm On Jul 13, 2012
Kai! @Kay, you beat me to it! cheesy

@paulmakiwowo, why paste your wurgly picture here? angry angry Abi you no wan make i sleep for nite? Do yourself a favour by modifying and removing that pic cos you remind me of "Willi-willi"
Re: Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? by Super1759: 9:11pm On Jul 13, 2012
braine:

Is there any problem typing your words fully in simple and correct English?
..the problem is that your a big fo.ol and your brain is retarding which speed ². Maddness.can't you c dat am using phone and trying ² avoid some blackberry autotext? As if you can stand me english-wise anumanu
Re: Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? by showstopa: 9:19pm On Jul 13, 2012
@super1759. Truth be told,with or without a phone,your English is appalling. Go and edit your yye English jo before you start bragging.
Re: Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? by oc2fish: 9:29pm On Jul 13, 2012
Camp was fun, Served in Gashua Yobe State some years ago and the soildiers were friendly but businesslike. As a student i was a member of the man o war so camp was like a continuation of school. For those that hate regimented life or liviing fake big manism they will find it difficult to bear infact the soildiers use to wonder how lazy the otondors were. As a corp member if your up and doing you will enjoy the three weeks. i bet nobody is complaining of the bike alawee. UNDER RAIN AND SUN

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gifts You Will Like To Receive As An Outgoing Corper! / Help: Can I Get A Job Without NYSC Certificate? / Corpers Lodge In Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.