Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended (17143 Views)

My First Job After Service Year / 3 Corps Members In Taraba to repeat Service Year For Misconduct / NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by Godson201333(m): 12:37am On Jun 07, 2013
National Youth Service Corps members

The National Youth Service Corps has sanctioned over 158 corps members for various offences, The Punch gathered on Thursday.

While some of them would repeat the service year, others had theirs extended for between two weeks and five months.

The culprits were part of the 2012 Batch ‘B’ corps members, who passed out across the country on Thursday.

This came as seven corps members died within the period in Rivers and Nasarawa states.

In Osun State, the NYSC state Coordinator, Mrs. Mojibola Eboagwu, said 21 corps members, who absconded from service, would be sanctioned.

In an address at the ceremony in the state, Eboagwu added that nine corps members, who absented themselves from duty, would face sanction.

Eboagwu said, “I am glad that the majority of the 3, 797 corps members passing out today have proved to be good ambassadors of the scheme.

“Ten corps members, who have distinguished themselves in various ways shall receive state awards.

“Twenty-five others will be given commendations. Nine corps members, who have committed such offences such as absenteeism and 21 who absconded from service are to be sanctioned.

“Their penalties range from extension to outright repetition of service in the case of absconding.”

The Enugu NYSC Coordinator, Mr. Hilary Nasamu, said three errant corps members had their service year extended.

“One corps member, who absconded from service, will be remobilised to start afresh whenever he resurfaces,” said Nasamu.

Meanwhile, 21 corps members, whose performances were exceptional, were honoured in the state.

The Rivers State NYSC Coordinator, Mrs. Josephine Okuonghae, said 17 corps members were sanctioned for various offences.

According to her, eight of the corps members will repeat the service, while the remaining nine will have theirs extended to between two weeks and five months.

She noted that the state lost four corps members within the period.

In Akwa Ibom State, coordinator of the scheme, Mr. Akinkunmi Martins, said three corps members would repeat the service year, while 49 others had an extension of between one and four months.

He said, “A total of three corps members will repeat the service, while 49 others will serve extension periods ranging from one month to four months.”

The Ondo State NYSC Director, Mr. Isiaka Kuoye, said 13 corps members would repeat the programme, while 19 others had the service year extended for commiting various offences.

According to him, 13 of the corps members refused to report to their primary places of assignment.

From Nasarawa State, the NYSC Coordinator, Mr Stephen Alabi, who said the ceremony was shelved because of the security challenges, added that 18 corps members would repeat the service, while five others had theirs extended for between two and five months.

The culprits, he said, committed various offences.

Source http://www.punchng.com/news/service-year-of-158-corps-members-extended/
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by Afam4eva(m): 12:38am On Jun 07, 2013
These people act as if these corpers are doing community service for a crime they committed. They're serving their country and it's not by force to serve one's country. It's a matter of choice.

6 Likes

Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by buoye1(m): 12:47am On Jun 07, 2013
Ok
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by autumnflower(f): 9:57am On Jun 07, 2013
Kai fear just catch me o!
I never go CD for 1ce..

1 Like

Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by omicron(m): 9:58am On Jun 07, 2013
Afam4eva: These people act as if these corpers are doing community service for a crime they committed. They're serving their country and it's not by force to serve one's country. It's a matter of choice.
you are not entirely right. NYSC is not a matter of choice, it's a Law.

4 Likes

Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by zumarock8(m): 9:58am On Jun 07, 2013
so long a letter
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by angelTI(f): 10:00am On Jun 07, 2013
I stil dont get d 'good' of NYSC. It should be scrappd jare

2 Likes

Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by Uceegal: 10:04am On Jun 07, 2013
For those whose service year is extended,would they still be paid allowee? If yes,then it makes much sense. Better to be receiving allowee than to be unemployed.

3 Likes

Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by Okijajuju: 10:07am On Jun 07, 2013
Very good..

But still very small..

In my year, I alone knew about 6 guys who didn't serve a day of NYSC after camp. And they did this with the help of NYSC staff. As much as I am happy about this, I also hope to hear that they arrested some NYSC staff as well.

2 Likes

Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by searay(m): 10:08am On Jun 07, 2013
This is a good development
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by piagetskinner(m): 10:08am On Jun 07, 2013
Uceegal: For those whose service year is extended,would they still be paid allowee? If yes,then it makes much sense. Better to be receiving allowee than to be unemployed.
Seconded!
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by olsmade(m): 10:09am On Jun 07, 2013
Uceegal: For those whose service year is extended,would they still be paid allowee? If yes,then it makes much sense. Better to be receiving allowee than to be unemployed.

I don't think so
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 07, 2013
na wa o. Not serving the country is now a punishable offence?!!
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by searay(m): 10:10am On Jun 07, 2013
angel TI: I stil dont get d 'good' of NYSC. It should be scrappd jare
I dissagree with you. The experience matters alot for those that served wholeheartedly.

2 Likes

Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 07, 2013
Wonderful!!!! cheesy And Without Pay(Allowee)..NYSC(Now Your Suffer Continues) grin

2 Likes

Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by ekubear1: 10:10am On Jun 07, 2013
Nysc? Rubbish
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by hydeekam: 10:12am On Jun 07, 2013
HEY HEY NA BIG WAHALA B THIS O NA RUBISH B THIS NOW UR STRUGGLE CONTINUE JOOR(NYSC)
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by Okijajuju: 10:12am On Jun 07, 2013
olsmade:

I don't think so

Depending on the punishment..

Some would get half pay, others a token, and maybe some would get nothing. But I think the NYSC always pays.. Even to extended members.
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by ednut1(m): 10:14am On Jun 07, 2013
Afam4eva: These people act as if these corpers are doing community service for a crime they committed. They're serving their country and it's not by force to serve one's country. It's a matter of choice.
what is dis one saying, hv u served before NO, dey were mobilised nd chose to go, dey are being paid monthly nd are not doin der own part of d bargain, think before u post

6 Likes

Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by piagetskinner(m): 10:14am On Jun 07, 2013
Abegi...some corp membrs who didn't come for cds at ol have passed out without any xtension whatsoever..so ki len so?

1 Like

Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by Inik(m): 10:19am On Jun 07, 2013
autumn.flower:
Kai fear just catch me o!
I never go CD for 1ce..
You better start going tongue

1 Like

Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by Adex097: 10:24am On Jun 07, 2013
* I pledge to Nigeria my country, to be
faithful, loyal and honest. TO SERVE NIGERIA IS NOT BY FORCE, to defend her unity,
uphold her honour and glory, so help me
God *

1 Like

Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by CrazyMan(m): 10:28am On Jun 07, 2013
Corpers are paid to serve in various communities across the federation. How would you feel as the DG if some corpers after collecting their allocated funds vanish into thin air without fulfilling their duties?

If you don't wish to serve then don't bother to appear for the orientation program. Sit at home its that simple.

2 Likes

Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by Banjoramos(m): 10:30am On Jun 07, 2013
shut your moronic drawing this ur comment is equivalent to a person who kill more than 1million ppl if u dnt knw wat to say why dnt u shut up and ppl like u are talkin abt to have a gud leader bt u forgt dat charity begins at home
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by ShobayoEmma(m): 10:30am On Jun 07, 2013
Are these set of people that would be trusted with diff. kind of offices? Shame on them.

1 Like

Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by ShobayoEmma(m): 10:32am On Jun 07, 2013
Are these set of people that would be trusted with different offices? Shame on them.
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by Banjoramos(m): 10:33am On Jun 07, 2013
Adex097: * I pledge to Nigeria my country, to be
faithful, loyal and honest. TO SERVE NIGERIA IS NOT BY FORCE, to defend her unity,
uphold her honour and glory, so help me
God *
ppl like u will neva enjoyin security
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 07, 2013
They were not smart enough...

1 Like

Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 07, 2013
Shobayo Emma: Are these set of people that would be trusted with different offices? Shame on them.

My guess is this - you are yet to go through service year or you fall amongst the sanctimonious types... I detest hypocrites!

1 Like

Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by Haryoryhemie(f): 10:45am On Jun 07, 2013

U're right
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by pappythinko(m): 10:47am On Jun 07, 2013
CrazyMan:
Corpers are paid to serve in various communities across the federation. How would you feel as the DG if some corpers after collecting their allocated funds vanish into thin air without fulfilling their duties?

If you don't wish to serve then don't bother to appear for the orientation program. Sit at home its that simple.
Barring conspiracy with NYSC officials or the L.I, do you think absconding corp members would be paid without signing their clearance or pv?

3 Likes

Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 07, 2013
Banjoramos: shut your moronic drawing this ur comment is equivalent to a person who kill more than 1million ppl if u dnt knw wat to say why dnt u shut up and ppl like u are talkin abt to have a gud leader bt u forgt dat charity begins at home

Mr. Charity Begins At Home, the guy was just expressing his views. The last time I checked, it wasn't a crime. So mind the way you address people publicly. Being cool headed is a quality of a 'GUD LEADER'

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ex-Corpers Drop Your Tribute For Henry Amadi / A Nairalander, Frank Umeadi Won The 2M NYSC Business Plan Competition(photos) / Corpers Posted To The North And Middle Belt, Don't Ignore These Warnings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.