Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Tension In CBN Over Appointments, Promotions - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension In CBN Over Appointments, Promotions (8608 Views)

Stop Attacking Buhari Over Appointments, Let Him Do His Job – PDP Chieftain / Staunch Buharists, Olateju And Farouk Kperogi Criticise Buhari Over Appointments / Kwankwaso Appeals To CBN Over New Bureau De Change Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tension In CBN Over Appointments, Promotions by Ess: 12:06pm On Nov 20, 2012
KenDStar:

Your assertions are not correct.

Sanusi obtained a degree in Economics from ABU, Zaria in 1981. He also has a degree in Islamic Law from International University of Africa,Khartoum. He attended Kings College, Lagos.
Sanusi taught Economics for 2 years at ABU (83 -85. In 1985, he joined the banking industry as a staff of Icon Ltd (Merchant Bank). In 1997, he joined UBA and was a GM (Credit & Risk Mgt Division)as at the time he left in 2005. He joined First Bank in 2005 as Executive Director. Before his current job as CBN Governor, he was MD of First Bank of Nigeria PLC. Sanusi is known as Risk Management expert in the banking industry.

Do I agree with all his actions? No, I don't. Am I his fan? Not really but I do admire his boldness. However facts are facts and should not be twisted to score cheap points.

My brother you are only wasting bandwidth responding to such bigots that will only say what pleases them. Tribalism has consumed Nija and there is no change to come in the near future.
Re: Tension In CBN Over Appointments, Promotions by Cbourne(f): 12:20pm On Nov 20, 2012
Ganys:
Religion Bigotism has becloud your real sense of reasoning...Pls, Where is Your BRAIN
what's bigotism again?isn't it bigotry?
Re: Tension In CBN Over Appointments, Promotions by dadd2(m): 2:20pm On Nov 20, 2012
I AM AN EX STAFF OF THE BANK SO I CAN SPEAK WITH SOME AUTHORITY AS REGARD THIS MATTER.TO SET THE RECORDS STRAIGHT,KENDSTAR IS RIGHT ABOUT MR SANUSI QUALIFICATIONS, HE HAS B.Sc IN ECONOMICS AND AS A CBN GOVERNOR, HE HAS GOOD HEADS AROUND HIM.AMONG THOSE AROUND HIM ARE PHd HOLDERS IN ECONS,EVEN SOME OF HIS ADVISERS ARE PROFESSORS.SO HE DOESN'T TAKE UNILATERAL DECISIONS ON MONETARY POLICIES. CONCERNING HAPPENINGS IN THE BANK,TRUELY,THE BANK HAS CHANGED.IT HAS LOST ITS ETHICS AND VALUE,MEDIOCRATES ARE PROMOTED OVER THE MERIT.RELIGIOUS AFFILIATIONS,ETHNICITY AND POLITICAL CONNECTIONS ARE TOOLS USED FOR PROMOTIONS AND RECRUITMENT.ONE NEED TO BE CONNECTED BEFORE ONE IS PROMOTED.THE PROMOTION EXAMINATION IS A SMOKE SCREEN USED TO DENIED SOME OF THE STAFF THAT TRUELY DESERVED TO BE PROMOTED BY CLAIMING THEY EITHER FAILED WHICH CAN'T BE CHALLENGE OR THAT THEIR STATE QUOTA HAS BEEN FILLED UP FOR A PARTICULAR GRADE/CADRE AND AS SUCH THEY CAN'T BE PROMOTED, WHEREAS,SOMEONE FROM THE OTHER PART OF THE COUNTRY THAT DIDN'T DO WELL WILL BE PROMOTED INSTEAD.I WON'T BE SURPRISE IF THE USE OF DIABOLICAL MEANS OF ELIMINATION ENTERS THE BANK AS A RESULT OF THE NONSENSE THAT IS GOING ON THERE.I CAN TELL YOU ON GOOD AUTHORITY THAT SOME OF THE FRUSTRATED GOODS HANDS ARE LEAVING FOR OTHER ORGANIZATIONS AND IF THE BANK ISN'T SANITIZED,THEN THE BANK COLLAPSE IS AT HAND BECAUSE OF THE UNHOLY RECRUITMENT AND PROMOTION EXERCISE IN THE ORGANIZATION.(APOLOGY FOR WRITING IN BLOCK,THIS IS DUE TO EYE RELATED ISSUE).
Re: Tension In CBN Over Appointments, Promotions by smileyprin(m): 10:57pm On Nov 20, 2012
atbu1983: I do not work in CBN. What CBN is doing is a common practice in organisation with many staff of similar age and lenght of service. It bcomes difficult to promote all of them because of cost implication. I think sanusi is only trying to limit the cost on salaries by creating the new positions to absorb this old staffs. I work in a multinational, and it is common practice. To be sincere, if i am one of the staffs i will not be happy. But at the same time, if i am one of the management of CBN I will do the same thing they are doing. That is why management is a difficult and complex task. where i work currently, it usually takes 3 years to move to this next grade. But with massive expansion and recruitment, the management said it is no longer viable for them to promote evry 3 years because of cost implications. as a result it is now 5 years. i am one those affected. i am not happy about it but at the same time i undastand the management point of view.
Very objective and spot on analysis....Keep it up sir!
Re: Tension In CBN Over Appointments, Promotions by supereagle(m): 8:31pm On Nov 25, 2012
tomakint: It is no longer news that Sanusi is on a mission to Northernize the CBN, at least I confirmed this from an insider! That guy is a desperate Islamic Fundamentalist, Jonathan should be wary of, he has succeeded in balkanising the CBN, the more reason he is fighting tooth and nail to allow the 'Autonomous clause' on the CBN to stay! I wonder when his tenure will end, he is someone to be monitored!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria May Lose N985b In Oil Revenue This Year -pwc / EFCC Grants Reuben Abati Bail - See Conditions Attached / Unprofessional Photoshopped Images Of Buhari In Japan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.