Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk (8573 Views)

Court Authorizes EFCC’s To Seize Tompolo’s Properties / EFCC To Seize Tompolo's Property / China Creates Its First No- Cellphone Sidewalk Lane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk by jeffizy(m): 10:44am On Nov 20, 2012
Yomieluv: u berra stfu,which mega-city? Better u don't deceive yourself, a mega city will come into place,when all provision necessary for it are made,not by beating around the bush.

Did he make alternative means of transportation,when he banned okada? He just gave Lastma,and policemen a meal ticket with that ban.
How many houses in Lagos have a parking space? Its due to the incompetence of the relevant authority,so why should I be held responsible for their incompetence.
Ur brain needs examination.
Must you stay in lagos? Mr gra gra!
Change is constant. A good change must be commended.
Sry o, do you even have a car?
Re: LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk by naptu2: 10:49am On Nov 20, 2012
Reasons for this law:

1) Danger posed to pedestrians: Cars park on the sidewalk, thereby obstructing pedestrians who consequently have to walk on the road. The danger is further increased by the kind of mentally insane drivers we have in Lagos. I get scared when I see nursery and primary school kids walking to school in such conditions.

By the way, the government needs to build more sidewalks.

2) Traffic obstruction: Much of the traffic jams on Awolowo Road Ikoyi is caused by people parking on the sidewalk and even on the road in front of GTBank. There are many more examples of this.

3) Security risk: People park on the sidewalk and abandon theirs cars there for weeks. These cars are perfect tools in the hands of terrorists who can easily rig them with explosives.
Re: LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk by ochukoccna: 10:49am On Nov 20, 2012
larrymoore: The governor needs to understand dt no adequate hs ever been made in respect to car parkin in lagos, so sudden restriction will make us go crazy wit him or does he expect us to park in our bedroom?
Yomieluv: Fasola is loosing it,he needs to change its tatics.
Let him face more pressing need of the people,rather than all these nonsense.
Where do you want us to park our cars,on the roof?
Oga Fasola,if you can't rule again,simply resign,don't use all these to cover your incompetence

As ypzilanti said,
Are you supposed to be parking your car on a pedestrian walkway? Bush men.
Re: LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk by begwong: 10:56am On Nov 20, 2012
So to park and go buy pure water and gala sharp-sharp na offence now!
chei BRF na electric train we go dey use now?
Re: LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk by jeffizy(m): 10:56am On Nov 20, 2012
idowuswap: Igbos are the most animal that constituite nuisansical act in lasgidi.bcuzz if they go thief motor then go park am for road side so police no go fit get their clue.shitttttt
Obviously,Your free mb has not expired! Read what you wrote and tell me if there's nothing wrong with you.
Mind you, you need to be 18± before coming here.
You've been warned.

3 Likes

Re: LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk by vascey(m): 10:58am On Nov 20, 2012
idowuswap: Igbos are the most animal that constituite nuisansical act in lasgidi.bcuzz if they go thief motor then go park am for road side so police no go fit get their clue.shitttttt

LOOOL. You must be realy suffering.

This, my friends, is how hate eats you up from inside.

2 Likes

Re: LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk by Sarcoc: 11:02am On Nov 20, 2012

So this is the best a man can reason? And we wonder why we have a string of issues in Nigeria.

How can a man express such analysis before noon? Or is he hung over?

3 Likes

Re: LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk by ypzilanti: 11:03am On Nov 20, 2012
ochukoccna:

As ypzilanti said,

Thank you for the support.

I was in a bus coming to Lagos from the South-South some time back. The driver promptly informed the passengers not to throw any refuse out of the window as we approached Lagos. The passengers were surprised. I guess in their State, that is a normal thing. As we got to Ikorodu road, the driver pointed out the BRT lanes to the passengers, explaining its use and the penalties that attracts from plying the lane as a private vehicle. It was the same bemusement that greets Nigerians when they go to a foreign land and are informed of social order laws.

I have a friend that was annoyed when he was almost arrested for peeing in public in South Africa, but today when he sees a Nigerian peeing in public he laughs at the ignorance. Governments have to lead in order to impose social order. The populace may complain initially, but in just a little while, they start to see the benefits of such laws.

1 Like

Re: LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk by aglomar: 11:03am On Nov 20, 2012
We now know d easiest way oe donating vehicles to Fashola
Re: LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk by ypzilanti: 11:09am On Nov 20, 2012

People like you are needed on this planet because the normal intelligent people will always need people to send on small errands that need no critical thinking- like to buy Maggi.

2 Likes

Re: LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk by naptu2: 11:12am On Nov 20, 2012
If you are in Lagos, go check out these buildings @ Marina that were built in the '70s and '80s

Net Building, Freeman House (Shell Headquarters), St Nicholas Hospital, Mamman Kontagora Building, etc

You'll notice that they have parking facilities on the first and second floors. Contrast that with the tall buildings on Victoria Island (that were built in the '90s and 2000s).

1 Like

Re: LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 20, 2012
jeffizy:
Must you stay in lagos? Mr gra gra!
Change is constant. A good change must be commended.
Sry o, do you even have a car?
no,I don't have a car,I own a jeep-honda pilot,2011 model.
Do you think everybody is poverty stricken like your generation? Go find something doing,and stop the hatred, poor man.
Re: LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk by Kx: 11:13am On Nov 20, 2012
This latest Fash law/pronouncement will have serious implications.
Lots of peeps in Lag please them selves in buying cars even while they are tenants with no parking space availed them by their landlords. Where will they park their cars now?
Re: LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk by naptu2: 11:14am On Nov 20, 2012

Is there any kind of sense in what you've posted
Re: LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 20, 2012
ochukoccna:

As ypzilanti said,
do we have enough parking space in Lagos? Or is it my fault,none of ur generation owns a tyre,muchless a car.
Re: LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk by born2boink(m): 11:20am On Nov 20, 2012
Yomieluv: Fasola is loosing it,he needs to change its tatics.

Oga Fasola,if you can't rule again,simply resign,don't use all these to cover your incompetence
omo na turn by turn, fashola is doing work, una all shout glory be to God for okada people and now he reach car users turn, good for everyone now.....una don forget say, cain wey husband use flocked senior wife, still dey hidden for the new wife so make the new wife no go rejoice
Re: LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 20, 2012
Yomieluv: Fasola is [b]loosing [/b]it,he needs to change its tatics.

You're wrong bruv... he cant lose cos he wont seek re-election.
Re: LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk by baysol: 11:23am On Nov 20, 2012
Unruliness flows actively in Nigerians. This is the attitude of them when Idiagbon was trying to change the chop I chop politics of the Shagari era. Its always complain until one gaptoothed evil doer enter the holy place the rest is history. Development and to undo all the evil of the past unfortunately will take some pains including the reality of the need to flush out undesirable Igbo elements out of Lagos and indeed South west they are the filth in our midst who want the status quo as its ideal for their ill business profits.
Re: LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk by anonimi: 11:23am On Nov 20, 2012
Kx: This latest Fash law/pronouncement will have serious implications.
Lots of peeps in Lag please them selves in buying cars even while they are tenants with no parking space availed them by their landlords. Where will they park their cars now?

Plenty options:

A- Sell car if you have no parking space and use public transport and/or taxis plus private car hire services.
B- Move to a house that has parking space.
C- Pay for the nearest commercial parking space to your residence.
D- Get the hell out of Lagos and return to your village or home town where you can have all the parking space you want for your biggest car. LOL.
Re: LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:25am On Nov 20, 2012
Why are some posters seemingly mentally recalcitrant when dealing with Social issues. Human beings live in Lagos and of varying economic levels, regardless most contribute to the well-being of Lagos. You can drive around Victoria Island for 2hrs and not find a single meter of parking space. You will not find a LASG-funded Commercial Parking Space either, but you will find a lot of Mobile LASTMA and Council Offices for every Km. you guessed it--- Parked on the side-walk. I just have one question and it is not tribalistic neither is it flippant and people-unfriendly. Has the Lagos State Government provided enough secure commercial parking spaces to cater for the fast-growing population of private car-owners, is she planning to expand or should people park inside their office cubicles when they run out of options. Haba.. Car Tax is collected on each car bought by a Lagosian and licensing and various levies and dues are paid by each private car owner each year.. at least they deserve as much.
If everything about Lagos is Go-back to your Village or enter BRT to work (after a 2hr wait), how come even the shortest public holiday makes Lagos look like a deserted carnival cave with a few open-air joints selling kpafun or is it lafun with poorly cooked oily vegetable soup grin grin

2 Likes

Re: LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk by ballabriggs: 11:28am On Nov 20, 2012
Yomieluv: do we have enough parking space in Lagos? Or is it my fault,none of ur generation owns a tyre,muchless a car.

Which major city has enough parking space for cars?

Sorry you can't get enough parking space but please don't let your selfish habit lead to the death of pedestrians. They also deserve a space on the road.
Re: LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk by ypzilanti: 11:29am On Nov 20, 2012
Yomieluv: do we have enough parking space in Lagos? Or is it my fault,none of ur generation owns a tyre,muchless a car.

How do you know what generation I am? I'm sure your sorry behind has never left the shores of Nigeria before. In case you do not know, travel is an important form of education.

Like I said before, if you do not break the law, it will not affect you. The law applies to pedestrian walkways. If you have been parking on them before, do not do so again. Did you hear the name? PEDESTRIAN.

If you need to drive a street away to park your car in an appropriate spot, then do so. If it is too much of a bother, then leave your car at home and help de-congest the roads of Lagos.
Re: LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 20, 2012
DJTee:

You're wrong bruv... he cant lose cos he wont seek re-election.
with all I typed,this is the best way u can interprete it? Product of a failed educational system.
Re: LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk by azpeculiar: 11:31am On Nov 20, 2012
Yomieluv: u berra stfu,which mega-city? Better u don't deceive yourself, a mega city will come into place,when all provision necessary for it are made,not by beating around the bush.

Did he make alternative means of transportation,when he banned okada? He just gave Lastma,and policemen a meal ticket with that ban.
How many houses in Lagos have a parking space? Its due to the incompetence of the relevant authority,so why should I be held responsible for their incompetence.
Ur brain needs examination.

This is not about Okadas but illegal street parking.

My next door neighbor lost his car to car-jackers about a month ago when he parked it on an adjoining street all night. Prior to that he must have felt Fashola was wicked! I'd like to sample his opinion now.

If you do not want to live in a mega-city, if you can't be a law-abiding resident in a mega-city relocate to Ogun state ASAP! The days of being cajoled and appealed to be responsible are gone! Period!

**Now wheels him in to see a psychiatrist.**

1 Like

Re: LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk by naptu2: 11:36am On Nov 20, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: I just have one question and it is not tribalistic neither is it flippant. Has the Lagos State Government provided secure commercial parking spaces to cater for the fast-growing population of private car-owners, is she planning to expand or should people park inside their office cubicles when they run out of options.

Actually, it's not the job of the Lagos State Government to provide parking space. Owners of buildings are meant to provide adequate parking space for people who use the building (it's actually in the town planning law).

Commercial interests and local governments also provide public car parks.

A good example is Marina (the premier central business district). The Lagos Island Local Government has the Marina Car Park (a public car park), while owners of buildings like Freeman House, Net Building, St Nicholas Hospital, Mamman Kontagora Building also provide multi-level parking facilities for their tenants.

Indeed, this is one of the reasons that the Lagos State Government has refused to grant planning permit to Bi-Courtney to convert the old Federal Secretariat to blocks of flats. . . . Bi-Courtney needs to show that it has provided adequate parking space and other facilities to would be tenants.

1 Like

Re: LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk by salolo(m): 11:37am On Nov 20, 2012
Good, but should provide a space for vehicle to pack
Re: LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 20, 2012
azpeculiar:

This is not about Okadas but illegal street parking.

My next door neighbor lost his car to car-jackers about a month ago when he parked it on an adjoining street all night. Prior to that he must have felt Fashola was wicked! I'd like to sample his opinion now.

If you do not want to live in a mega-city, if you can't be a law-abiding resident in a mega-city relocate to Ogun state ASAP! The days of being cajoled and appealed to be responsible are gone! Period!

**Now wheels him in to see a psychiatrist.**

my question is that where does he wants us to park?cars can be stolen anywhere,that's why major car parks have disclaimer.
Re: LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 20, 2012
azpekuliar:

Sharap! Fashola is losing nothing! Lagos is gradually shaping up like a true mega-city under his watch and I support this call 101%.

More attention will be paid by greedy developers and shylock landlords to parking space for their residential and commercial developments. If you must park on the street, be ready to pay a hefty fine!

From a security point of view, who benefits from this policy, Fashola, private car owners or car-jackers?

YOU PROBABLY DONT HAVE A CAR THATS WHY URE TALKING. undecided
Re: LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk by Twy: 11:46am On Nov 20, 2012
It is a brilliant idea and quite apporpriate, but I doubt the state has a lot of good sidewalks incomparison to the number of tarred roads. Also, it is an indictment of the relevant agencies. When you are building on a land in Lagos you are supposed to submit your survery and building plans, the agencies should have made sure that there is ample parking before a plan is accepted, this is more important for residential abd commercial apartments. In the foreign countries, the open market system is limited in favor for grocery stores and malls and with enough parking spaces. Even, if a mall if allowed to operate without adequate parking space, then it is the incompetence of the authorities. Right now a guy is building a monstrous 2/3 bed room flats (12 in total) inside a small compound with little amp[le space, just adjacent to my street, yet I am sure someone approved the plan. For Lagos state to fully address its transportational problem, it has to address the fact that it needs adequate public transporation, modern roads, affordable modern markets, competent town planners and partnership with Ogiun state.

1 Like

Re: LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk by naptu2: 11:48am On Nov 20, 2012
Twy: It is a brilliant idea and quite apporpriate, but I doubt the state has a lot of good sidewalks incomparison to the number of tarred roads. Also, it is an indictment of the relevant agencies. When you are building on a land in Lagos you are supposed to submit your survery and building plans, the agencies should have made sure that there is ample parking before a plan is accepted, this is more important for residential abd commercial apartments. In the foreign countries, the open market system is limited in favor for grocery stores and malls and with enough parking spaces. Even, if a mall if allowed to operate without adequate parking space, then it is the incompetence of the authorities. Right now a guy is building a monstrous 2/3 bed room flats (12 in total) inside a small compound with little amp[le space, just adjacent to my street, yet I am sure someone approved the plan. For Lagos state to fully address its transportational problem, it has to address the fact that it needs adequate public transporation, modern roads, affordable modern markets, competent town planners and partnership with Ogiun state.

I was just about to post about this smiley
Re: LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk by naptu2: 11:57am On Nov 20, 2012
Corrupt military regimes of the 80's and 90's are responsible for this problem. They wilfully disobeyed town planning laws and gave permission to people to build illegal structures all over the place. This is one of the reasons for the chaos and confusion we have in Lagos.

Lagos had zoning laws back in the day.

Marina/Central Lagos was the main commercial district.

Ikoyi and V.I were upper class residential areas.

Yaba and Surulere were middle class residential districts.

Parts of Apapa and Ilupeju were the Industrial districts.

Consequently, you wouldn't dare park your car on the sidewalk on Broad Street (the fear of LILG was the beginning of wisdom). Broad Street, which is a one way street, was wider than Bourdillon Road, which is a two way street. This is because Broad Street is in the business district, while Bourdillon was in a residential area.

Most of the buildings in the business district had adequate parking facilities.

Now anybody builds anything anywhere and thinks it's ok because "it is my land".

1 Like

Re: LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk by azpeculiar: 11:59am On Nov 20, 2012
Yomieluv: my question is that where does he wants us to park?cars can be stolen anywhere,that's why major car parks have disclaimer.

If you still don't know what to do, park it at Alausa!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

”recover Idps Funds Stolen By Your Cabal” PDP Tells President Buhari / Saraki Condemns Police Raid On Edwin Clark's Home, Calls For Probe Senate Presi / John Kerry To Visit Nigeria Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.