Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,797 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? (20451 Views)

As A Single, Do You Cook Or Eat Outside? / What's Your Favourite Biscuit? / Picture of Obama Biscuit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by PuffyT1(m): 4:45pm On Nov 20, 2012
okin waz nt my favourite 'back then'..cos S.R.E.A.M(sugar rules everything around me)...lol
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by charloski(m): 4:51pm On Nov 20, 2012
mehn..... i really miss those guys mehn, and our parent will say that the strong one is too sugary that we should take the round one ...... lol
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by azpeculiar: 5:00pm On Nov 20, 2012
Where una dey see all dese pics from sef? Well these biscuits were around up to the mid-2000s I think.
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by femliany(m): 5:01pm On Nov 20, 2012
Iaz93: Okin!!! Yeeee!!! I remember, it was 2 for 5naira then. Chei! D round one
5 naira ke? Youghurt sef na maybe 1 naira

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by Jarus(m): 5:05pm On Nov 20, 2012
siddiq202: Jarus,

You forgot to mention that the owner also have a private radio station (Okin fm)....I attended fedpoffa
He is not the owner of Okin FM. Okin FM is owned by Dr Tunji Olagunju,(former minister, ambassador etc) current SA to GEJ on NEPAD.
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by Jarus(m): 5:07pm On Nov 20, 2012
Chartey: d factory is not far from my house o. dats what happens if u put relatives in ur business without being tough on them
No, there were hardly relatives there. The factory was being run his Indian employees - Kisnadwala later Keshavan.
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by Leadn(m): 5:09pm On Nov 20, 2012
my favourite biscuit back then cool

where did yu get those pics sef @Op shocked
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by VirginFinder: 5:10pm On Nov 20, 2012
Revolva: Nairaland its a shame with all these foul play of favouritism of several members post to push to the front page -
This topic I first posted yesterday but was not pushed , now a female member posted this around 11 today and it was pushed to the front page - shame moderators
Dis was my link https://www.nairaland.com/1107744/how-many-ate-biscuit-back

Don't mind the useless moderators.

It's their way.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by siddiq202(m): 5:14pm On Nov 20, 2012
Jarus:
He is not the owner of Okin FM. Okin FM is owned by Dr Tunji Olagunju,(former minister, ambassador etc) current SA to GEJ on NEPAD.
My bad, thanks for the clarification. Have always been thinking that the same person owns both throughout my days @Offa
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by begwong: 5:14pm On Nov 20, 2012
salam001: who told you so?
from your countenance @ d sight of d 'biskit'
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by pwettytemmy(f): 5:15pm On Nov 20, 2012
Can't believe I'm having an insatiable appetite for it after seeing dis pics. Shortcake was my favourite then. My elder cousin will steal little change from his dad's cloth and pass it to me immediately with a signal. I will run to d nearest supermarket as fast as my tiny legs could carry me to get it. I think those biscuits were still around till early 2000.
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by tellwisdom: 5:21pm On Nov 20, 2012
What about the biscuit??angryangry
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by shuddyy: 5:24pm On Nov 20, 2012
.....and what about the aroma that enveloped you whenever your vehicle passed by the factory gate? Hmmm! The thought of free Okin biscuit would automatically make you settle for Okin express as your preferred transit bus. It was the pride of our town. Bad, its no more! who could have thought?

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by begwong: 5:26pm On Nov 20, 2012
Revolva: Nairaland its a shame with all these foul play of favouritism of several members post to push to the front page -
This topic I first posted yesterday but was not pushed , now a female member posted this around 11 today and it was pushed to the front page - shame moderators
me think its gud opporrtunity to use your 'REVOLVA' on the damn mods.
kpele o!
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by wiegraf: 5:29pm On Nov 20, 2012
But.. But, they really were gross, especially that round abomination. The other was just too hard, a block of hard sugar, no finesse...

Shame on 9ja sha, we can't maintain even a biscuit factory

Oh, I saw choco milo recently I think, and limca is still alive
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by slimyem: 5:32pm On Nov 20, 2012
Is there a kind of trophy or monetary reward attached to threads that make front-page?
I don't get what you are angry about...
Where's the big deal?
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by slimyem: 5:34pm On Nov 20, 2012
Seriously,i would do anything to get my hands on the exact recipe for that short cake.....
Anything!!!
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by patuwa2(m): 5:34pm On Nov 20, 2012
That biscuit na bomb. I always put it in my pocket.
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by begwong: 5:35pm On Nov 20, 2012
Jarus:
No, there were hardly relatives there. The factory was being run his Indian employees - Kisnadwala later Keshavan.
so na indians run the coy down?
e no go betta for dem!
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by Revolva(m): 5:36pm On Nov 20, 2012
slimyem: Is there a kind of trophy or monetary gift attached to threads that make front-page?
Where's the big deal?
Well I know there is none but the fight is not between you and I but me and those moderators - jigbiti nairaland

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by blackwall(m): 5:39pm On Nov 20, 2012
Make God 4giv me, I too use my church offering buy dis biscuit no b smal.grin
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by Bryan12(m): 5:41pm On Nov 20, 2012
What're you guys talking bout??
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by begwong: 5:42pm On Nov 20, 2012
wiegraf: But.. But, they really were gross, especially that round abomination. The other was just too hard, a block of hard sugar, no finesse...

Shame on 9ja sha, we can't maintain even a biscuit factory

Oh, I saw choco milo recently I think, and limca is still alive
choco-choco/limca are being produced by world class companies-NESTLE/COCA-COLA. dats why dey still exist.
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by tomakint: 5:45pm On Nov 20, 2012
Sweet memories, good one @Op for digging this up! Okin biscuit (the round one) was thick and mouthful way back in the 80s, then pako biscuits and Nasco brands were just the reigning biscuits then! What a nice memory you just dug out slimyem!
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by azpeculiar: 5:47pm On Nov 20, 2012
slimyem: Is there a kind of trophy or monetary reward attached to threads that make front-page?
Where's the big deal?

There is a big deal ooo. Who wouldn't want his/her thread to garner 'hot topic' status i.e >100 posts. Abeg favouritism dey jare, though I've never voiced it. I'm sure 95% of that Acidtalk's threads make it to the front page within minutes. I wonder which of the MODS he's bunking? wink

4 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by icez: 5:49pm On Nov 20, 2012
grin grin grin
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by yoged(m): 5:50pm On Nov 20, 2012
Remembering my primary sch days, shortcake biscuit all the way. There factory isn't functioning again, I still passed thru it 2 days ago.
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by walier: 5:52pm On Nov 20, 2012
With 7up it was fun
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by wiegraf: 5:55pm On Nov 20, 2012
begwong:
choco-choco/limca are being produced by world class companies-NESTLE/COCA-COLA. dats why dey still exist.

Ooohh, I knew about limca, but I would have sworn choco milo was local just because. Thanks. Shame on 9ja again. Lemme look up gold spot

Edit: gold spot and limca are all from indian coca cola. Okin factory was run by indians

Hehehehehehe
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by Hardfact: 6:00pm On Nov 20, 2012
Yes I do/did. Back in the days . . .
Does anyone remember kokoro and Tandi?
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by slimyem: 6:05pm On Nov 20, 2012
azpeculiar:

There is a big deal ooo. Who wouldn't want his/her thread to garner 'hot topic' status i.e >100 posts. Abeg favouritism dey jare, though I've never voiced it. I'm sure 95% of that Acidtalk's threads make it to the front page within minutes. I wonder which of the MODS he's bunking? wink
...which still begs the question...
What's the big deal in that?
...or you think Acidtalk gets paid for his threads that make front-page?
If front-page is so important to you,start threads you know people will be interested in discussing...
If the mods over-sight it,they are reachable,tell them to help push it to the fp..
I'm sure they'd have if Revolva had told the mod on that section yesterday..
If its front-page worthy,they will!!
Haba!
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by greenoak: 6:05pm On Nov 20, 2012
Wow used. To steal it froom big mummy's shop then.chai

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles / How To make a Yummy Korean Egg Roll Omelette(wow) / What Are Your Worst Food Combinations?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.