Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? (20450 Views)

As A Single, Do You Cook Or Eat Outside? / What's Your Favourite Biscuit? / Picture of Obama Biscuit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by Ayorh4you(m): 5:56am On Nov 21, 2012
vickspider: Loved it like no other......

u luk pweetie in ur pix
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by 2busy: 6:18am On Nov 21, 2012
Johnnoah1st: I knw dere factory in offa, d factory as been shut down so dats y dere product doesn't exist again

Point of correction...Factory is in Ijagbo, not Offa wink

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by KDULAR: 6:41am On Nov 21, 2012
Was crazy about it, used to keep my transport fair of 5k to convey me back home, then to buy the short cake and one malta biscuits or temitope biscuits untill my father(a civil servant) noticed that my pair sandals were wearing at an alarming rate, he investigated and when he knew, I got the smacking which was not as painful compared to the satisfaction of eating the short cake.

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by Jesimiel(m): 7:28am On Nov 21, 2012
muyik78: Very disshearten, i pass tru the place recently with my whiteman boss,he simply said why wont that happen when our everything is oil, he was looking for fresh milk, throughout the whole of our journey tru swest,he could not find .He turned to me in anger in third day of our tour saying u felt bad about that company dt foldup, why wont it happen when with all these vast greenland u have , all u pple can think of is oil,can oil sustain u and further asked me can ur babies drink oil? i pondered on it for several days. okin is gone,so many will follow until we change our attitude toward agriculture.

We all get this very wrong, the problem with Agriculture is not oil, it is our value system, where we do not value hardwork, where people relate your work rate to your status, believe me if there was no oil we will still not go into Agriculture, maybe we will be into cocain or some other activities that feast on our quest for continual degrading value system .......

But in any case, I love Oki busicuit especially the crisp and slightly burnt ones(either the round one or the short bread) with Treetop drink ..... hmmmmm
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by Yuzarsif(m): 8:40am On Nov 21, 2012
I like it die
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by Obinoscopy(m): 9:10am On Nov 21, 2012
I loved it so much back then. I wonder why they've gone extinct. Or are they still in the market?
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by MrCork17: 9:52am On Nov 21, 2012
do u people eat balance diet ther in Nigeria aapert from eatin buiscuit with water?? We prefer balance diet hear in London: toast & egg, fish chip, Milk & ice cream. (no oofesese)undecided
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by semit: 10:26am On Nov 21, 2012
i loved it
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by Lopezdee1: 11:12am On Nov 21, 2012
You've never eaten a biscuit till you've ate this one... and cabin biscuit of course!!!!!!
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by iyalaje2: 1:12pm On Nov 21, 2012
this post does not make sense to me cos okin biscuit is not rich in content i mean the ingredients is nothing to cherish
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by Pakavy(m): 1:50pm On Nov 21, 2012
iya laje: this post does not make sense to me cos okin biscuit is not rich in content i mean the ingredients is nothing to cherish
r u sure u cherish ur childhood or d gud old days cos at dat stage i doubt it if any of us knew wat d ingredients were and even if we do we neva gave a damn.tell me wat exactly r d ingredients?
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by Pakavy(m): 1:53pm On Nov 21, 2012
Mr..Cork:
do u people eat balance diet ther in Nigeria aapert from eatin buiscuit with water?? We prefer balance diet hear in London: toast & egg, fish chip, Milk & ice cream. (no oofesese)undecided
an unbalance diet corky,egg,fish,milk,ice cream r essentialy protienous..careful with ur liver
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by Revolva(m): 1:55pm On Nov 21, 2012
Mr..Cork:
U think say na all those genetic modified foods -- come naija come eat better organic foods ok
Who told you pple eat biscuit and drink water for diet - its sterotyped
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by HenryJosephs(m): 2:01pm On Nov 21, 2012
Ah....I always stuffed my locker @ school with Okin nd Pako biscuits
I miss DZ gud old days
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by klam(f): 4:27pm On Nov 21, 2012
DSB: And where is PAKO biscuit?
Exactly PAKO nd OKIN be baba
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by trolling(m): 6:13pm On Nov 21, 2012
jidegirl12:

Leave me alone jor !
i hold ur hand before, see this jidegirlm i better warn jide shocked
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by flairlady(f): 8:04pm On Nov 21, 2012
i never saw this biscuit,perhaps it is not sold in northern Nigeria.
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by sonety2k(m): 10:59pm On Nov 21, 2012
Jarus: The owner of the company producing it, Chief Adesoye (also the proprietor of Adesoye College), is now old and the company has been struggling in the last 10 years.

I love there Short Cake , wish there still in the market
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by Pakavy(m): 7:28am On Nov 22, 2012
flairlady: i never saw this biscuit,perhaps it is not sold in northern Nigeria.
wat part of northern nigeria did u grow up?u cant miss it if u grew up during d early 80s and early 90s even in borno
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by MrCork17: 12:28pm On Nov 23, 2012
Revolva:
U think say na all those genetic modified foods -- come naija come eat better organic foods ok
Who told you pple eat biscuit and drink water for diet - its sterotyped

sorry..we eat strawberry buiscuit of custard cream buiscuit here in London... Never herad of Rakin Buisciut!angry
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by akinwun(m): 1:14pm On Dec 09, 2012
I even steal am 4 one calabar shop back in those days. The nigeria-chinesse man went deep inside his shop to bring what i asked to buy, but b4 he came back i 've already palmed one okin shortcake. I just can't let go
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by VirginFinder: 1:58pm On Dec 09, 2012
The grammatically correct title for this topic should be:

Did you remember or eat Okin biscuit?

Mods please take note and make the necessary correction.

This site is visited by Nigerians and non Nigerians alike.

Please dont let them tag us all as f00ls.

Thank you .

PS: Seun pls subject your would-be mods to written tests and oral interviews before giving them the job.
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by abdulkareemism(m): 8:44pm On Dec 10, 2012
no! i didnt. y do u ask sure question
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by Jaykizz(m): 10:25am On Dec 11, 2012
Truly, gone were d days wen okin was d reignin tin. Me dad usd to wk der den. N durin dat period, I chop ds biscuit pass anyoda 1 (esp d short-cake). Au I wis I cld stil av 1 mor round of okin biscuit...
For dos way neva hear d biscuit name b4, it rily depicts d era u wer born.
It's a pity nau dat dy av packd up...
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by Chartey(m): 8:35am On Jan 05, 2013
siddiq202: Jarus,

You forgot to mention that the owner also have a private radio station (Okin fm)....I attended fedpoffa
no. the station belongs to someone else. He owns Adesoye College rather. It's one of Nigeria's premier private schools and it's bigger than some universities.
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by ayyoshert: 11:27am On Sep 05, 2013
i recall stealing 25k(the single coin) from my mum's purse in pry 2 to buy Short cake.
Short cake was so addictive.

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by MMotimo: 5:34am On Sep 07, 2013
Back in Uni, it was 1 or 2 packets of Shortcake + a bottle of coke for lunch on most days. Wonder if they still produce it

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by Lamanii22(f): 12:04pm On Apr 01, 2023
I need the recipe for that shortcake… best biscuit ever

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles / How To make a Yummy Korean Egg Roll Omelette(wow) / What Are Your Worst Food Combinations?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.