Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? (20452 Views)

As A Single, Do You Cook Or Eat Outside? / What's Your Favourite Biscuit? / Picture of Obama Biscuit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by MrCork17: 6:09pm On Nov 20, 2012
WE DONT EAT THOSE KINDA THINGS HEAR IN LONDON.. SORRY!!angry
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by samie4luv(m): 6:11pm On Nov 20, 2012
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by azpeculiar: 6:11pm On Nov 20, 2012
slimyem: ...which still begs the question...
What's the big deal in that?
...or you think Acidtalk gets paid for his threads that make front-page?
If front-page is so important to you,start threads you know people will be interested in discussing...
If the mods over-sight it,they are reachable,tell them to help push it to the fp..
I'm sure they'd have if Revolva had told the mod on that section yesterday..
If its front-page worthy,they will!!
Haba!

Yes ma! At least my thread of over 2 months ago finally made FP today. I no follow anybody drag sha. As them ban me na so I see my thread for frontpage.
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by optimusprime2(m): 6:31pm On Nov 20, 2012
Gosh memories from primary school...
I loved the shortcake Okin, though my mother loved buying the coaster Okin for us...
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by Jarus(m): 6:36pm On Nov 20, 2012
begwong:
so na indians run the coy down?
e no go betta for dem!
I won't say so. In actual fact, it was under their management that the company thrived.The owner kept the habit of using indians as MD.
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by ministerblessed: 6:38pm On Nov 20, 2012
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!! Yummy yummmy okin biscuit
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by Revolva(m): 6:38pm On Nov 20, 2012
azpeculiar:

Yes ma! At least my thread of over 2 months ago finally made FP today. I no follow anybody drag sha. As them ban me na so I see my thread for frontpage.

See so am I the one to beg moderator to push to front page again the fact is clear - I posted it earlier and started getting comments , but when @slimyem posted they saw her first cos she be gal abi no wahala na -- jigbiti nairaland -
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by amobii: 6:42pm On Nov 20, 2012
Jarus:
No, there were hardly relatives there. The factory was being run his Indian employees - Kisnadwala later Keshavan.
Is that same Keshavan that later came to Oduatel, if na him ..... Omo d guy ruined some coy for naija then.
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by trolling(m): 6:52pm On Nov 20, 2012
the short cake was my favorite but the round one was also good,it was more like a cracker

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by trolling(m): 6:54pm On Nov 20, 2012
Mr..Cork:
sorry oh londoner, we dont eat such here too in US, we eat oreos etc
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by daminho(m): 6:55pm On Nov 20, 2012
the okin biscuit was directly opposite my school oyun baptist high school ijagbo-offa just imagine the biscuit aroma we use to inhale inside the classroom....we do go inside the factory to eat biscuit and see the peacock (okin) but you cant take the biscuit out...je biscuit till you go yo....OBHS for live

2 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by MrCork17: 7:04pm On Nov 20, 2012
trolling:
sorry oh londoner, we dont eat such here too in US, we eat oreos etc

Corrrection.. London is far Superior to the U.S.. you dont even have electricityangry
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by trolling(m): 7:07pm On Nov 20, 2012
Mr..Cork:

Corrrection.. London is far Superior to the U.S.. you dont even have electricityangry
sit dan there make u dey take another man land dey boast, i could care less about london or america,if i forget jerusalem let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by novaman: 7:08pm On Nov 20, 2012
I still have a copy grin
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by congi(m): 7:10pm On Nov 20, 2012
@OP, my secondary school is directly opposite the okin biscuits factory. I was in boarding house then. I would use the smell of the freshly baked biscuits to step down hunger in class before breakfast. We would jump the fence overlooking the railway line to eat hot freshly baked biscuits. This is a nostalgic reminder for me...

2 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by ideee03(f): 7:12pm On Nov 20, 2012
cry cry cry...to many gbagauns on this thread.
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by jahyeeus: 7:15pm On Nov 20, 2012
Yes company owned by chief Adesoye. Used to be served as refreshment on the late 80s @adeola model sch offa. Gone are those dayz!
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by Telez(m): 7:34pm On Nov 20, 2012
Gone r d days
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by dwana91(m): 7:42pm On Nov 20, 2012
ah okin long tym biscuit.
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by danikik7: 7:48pm On Nov 20, 2012
i chop am wel wel,even the one with red plastic--milky biscuit
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by 360command: 8:04pm On Nov 20, 2012
I love d shortcake biscuit so tey I gas dey steal pupils own during assembly period. I chose to go late during assembly just for stealing biscuit.
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by rman: 8:19pm On Nov 20, 2012
jahyeeus: Yes company owned by chief Adesoye. Used to be served as refreshment on the late 80s @adeola model sch offa. Gone are those dayz!

I attended Adeola Model School up to primary 2.

Fresh Okin biscuits was served during break to all students then. Oh! My!

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by Sweetlemon(f): 8:22pm On Nov 20, 2012
I don't think there was any middle or lower class Nigerian child who didn't have an insatiable craving for Okin buscuits
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 20, 2012
Nairaland, full of too many junk eating kids grin
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by trolling(m): 8:30pm On Nov 20, 2012
naijababe: Nairaland, full of too many junk eating kids grin
like u didnt eat junk as a kid tongue tongue
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by pinkylips1: 8:34pm On Nov 20, 2012
Dis Okinawa biscuit,the short cake type nearly kill me.....Chei.....memories.
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by Ijebulogic(m): 8:49pm On Nov 20, 2012
Loved them both. Its amazing that PHCN/NEPA and greedy banks have killed so many viable business ideas. Judging by the number of NLs dreaming about these biscuits, the business is sub-optimal because of zero infrastructure and SME credit support in Nigeria. Meanwhile Mcvities Digestives are on about the 3rd generation of loyal consumers today. Great shame.
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 20, 2012
trolling:
like u didnt eat junk as a kid tongue tongue

I ate plenty junk only I ate the paki junk like sisi pelebe, ekana gowon, sweet elepa, eyin alangba etc.
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by striker07(m): 9:11pm On Nov 20, 2012
Really enjoyed it those days,good old days.
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by chreldb(m): 9:23pm On Nov 20, 2012
Mr..Cork:

Pathetic! SMH.

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by salolo(m): 10:03pm On Nov 20, 2012
okin biscuit so sweet
Re: Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? by Pakavy(m): 10:04pm On Nov 20, 2012
slimyem: I loved it like crazy...
...especially the shortcake...
Memories...!
did u use bata cortina shoes?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles / How To make a Yummy Korean Egg Roll Omelette(wow) / What Are Your Worst Food Combinations?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.