Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Is God Satan? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Satan? (1992 Views)

God & Satan The Same? / Is God Satan With Better Public Relations? / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God Satan? by Todaynatoday: 1:57pm On Nov 20, 2012
I came across an article today talking about God and satan being opposite sides of the same being; with God being the light and satan being the darkness. The article also touched on how the world would have no purpose if there were only light & no darkness, how being/doing good would mean nothing if there was no evil. So the whole point of the article was that God & satan are the same being only that God represents light while satan is the darkness.
he/she/they used these verses as basis for the claim:>>> 1 Chronicles 21 : 1 - 4 and 2 Samuel 24 : 1 - 4.
If you read the verses, you'll see the similarity in both of them. Could this be true? Is God satan?
Re: Is God Satan? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 20, 2012
It would seem you are mixing up the Almighty God with yaldabaoth (the blind god).

1 John 1:5
This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.
Re: Is God Satan? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 20, 2012
God is EVERYTHING and EVERYTHING is God.
Re: Is God Satan? by greatgenius: 4:15pm On Nov 20, 2012
Satan does not exist. It is a man made creation denoted to the other side(the evil side) of the polarity of good and evil.. but good and evil really does not exist. It is all a matter of perspective.. what is good in your eyes based on your values might be evil in another's eyes. And what is evil in your eyes might be good in another's eyes. So you see it is all a matter of perspective.

Ultimately all there is is God and no one else. He is all there Is and All That is.
Re: Is God Satan? by baby124: 4:21pm On Nov 20, 2012
Now you are just pushing it. Light and dark cannot mix. Dont insult people.
Re: Is God Satan? by greatgenius: 4:30pm On Nov 20, 2012
baby_123: Now you are just pushing it. Light and dark cannot mix. Dont insult people.
of course they cannot mix but do you understand or know why? Don't just repeat what you have been told ...And where was the insult again?
Re: Is God Satan? by baby124: 4:34pm On Nov 20, 2012
greatgenius: of course they cannot mix but do you understand or know why? Don't just repeat what you have been told ...And where was the insult again?

Light and dark cannot mix. Dont ask me questions you yourself cannot answer. Just say you are ignorant instead of trying to pass the buck. The insult is the title.
Re: Is God Satan? by greatgenius: 5:10pm On Nov 20, 2012
baby_123:

Light and dark cannot mix. Dont ask me questions you yourself cannot answer. Just say you are ignorant instead of trying to pass the buck. The insult is the title.
who says I cannot answer..but this is not about me its about your statement so let's stick to it..So are you saying you made a statement yet have no idea what it means?

And where is the insult in the title. So asking if God could be Satan is now an insult?
Re: Is God Satan? by Todaynatoday: 8:55pm On Nov 20, 2012
*dhtml:
It would seem you are mixing up the Almighty God with yaldabaoth (the blind god).

1 John 1:5
I do not believe what the writer of the article said, I'm just a bit curious at the similarity of the two verses & I'm just wondering if it could be true. God knows all & everything that happens on earth and in heaven has already been planned out by Him, could it be that God actually created satan for the very purpose of causing havoc on earth?
Re: Is God Satan? by Todaynatoday: 8:57pm On Nov 20, 2012
ROSSIKE: God is EVERYTHING and EVERYTHING is God.
Could you be so kind as to expatiate?
Re: Is God Satan? by Todaynatoday: 9:01pm On Nov 20, 2012
greatgenius: Satan does not exist. It is a man made creation denoted to the other side(the evil side) of the polarity of good and evil.. but good and evil really does not exist. It is all a matter of perspective.. what is good in your eyes based on your values might be evil in another's eyes. And what is evil in your eyes might be good in another's eyes. So you see it is all a matter of perspective.

Ultimately all there is is God and no one else. He is all there Is and All That is.
I'm a bit confused @ the bolded sentences. You mean that nothing actually exists (except God), that life is what we make of it, right?
Re: Is God Satan? by Todaynatoday: 9:03pm On Nov 20, 2012
baby_123: Now you are just pushing it. Light and dark cannot mix. Dont insult people.
It's not my own view ooo. I'm just trying to clear things up & I'm not saying that light and darkness can mix either.
Re: Is God Satan? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 20, 2012
WELL SATAN DID NOT MAKE HIMSELF grin
Re: Is God Satan? by Todaynatoday: 9:13pm On Nov 20, 2012
obadiah777: WELL SATAN DID NOT MAKE HIMSELF grin
In essence?
Re: Is God Satan? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 20, 2012
Todaynatoday: I do not believe what the writer of the article said, I'm just a bit curious at the similarity of the two verses & I'm just wondering if it could be true. God knows all & everything that happens on earth and in heaven has already been planned out by Him, could it be that God actually created satan for the very purpose of causing havoc on earth?
That question is beyond me to answer, i will pass.

obadiah777: WELL SATAN DID NOT MAKE HIMSELF grin
But he was not always satan? i think. . .he was created good originally.
Re: Is God Satan? by Todaynatoday: 9:18pm On Nov 20, 2012
*dhtml:

That question is beyond me to answer, i will pass.
I don't think anyone has the answer to that question except God Himself.
Re: Is God Satan? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 20, 2012
I believe i know the correct answer, but i am having trouble translating it to human language - human speech is very limited and cannot carry too much data.

Let me give you a simple example of the building blocks here:

God says to prophet: Tell Seun to close nairaland before 1st january 2013 to avoid a certain disaster.
Prophet to seun: blah blah blah
Seun to prophet: get-the-f**k out of here
1st january came: nairaland blows up.

Now, do you want to tell me that the alpha and omega did not know ahead what seun's response will be?

So, yes, God knows ahead what is going to happen. But he gives us freewill and a chance to decide by yourself your own destiny. God allows us to do as we please.

People with prophetic gifts and visions can only see a very small part of the entire picture, and this future still changes based on many factors. But i do believe that God always know the changes that will take place and the final final of it all. And this is completely outside our freewill.

So what i am trying to say is that our so-called freewill is still subject to divine-will, call it permissible will if you like. I am no theologian, i am just reporting facts from my own extremely limited perspective.
Re: Is God Satan? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 20, 2012
Luficer who later became Satan was created perfect; he wasn't created to do evil or sin, but pride made him sin and rebelled against God. He brought sin into the world through the first man (Adam & Eve). He now rules the world, though his reign will come to an end soon when Christ returns to rule with the elect. Read the passages below;

Isaiah 14:12-15 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! [how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Ezekiel 28:13-19 [b]Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone [was] thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

14 Thou [art] the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee [so]: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

15 Thou [wast] perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never [shalt] thou [be] any more.[/b]
Re: Is God Satan? by greatgenius: 9:45pm On Nov 20, 2012
Todaynatoday: I'm a bit confused @ the bolded sentences. You mean that nothing actually exists (except God), that life is what we make of it, right?
yes in a sense that is what im saying. God is all there is nothing else.The only thing God "created" is relativism. We have chosen to call the other end of the polarity Satan but he doesn't really exist. the day you begin to see or re-member that you are god in flesh and as such you create your own reality will be the day you would stop blaming the imaginary Satan for your troubles.
Re: Is God Satan? by greatgenius: 9:50pm On Nov 20, 2012
seriallink: Luficer who later became Satan was created perfect; he wasn't created to do evil or sin, b[/b]ut pride made him sin and rebelled against God. He brought sin into the world through the first man (Adam & Eve). He now rules the world, though his reign will come to an end soon when Christ returns to rule with the elect. Read the passages below;

Isaiah 14:12-15 [b]How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! [how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Ezekiel 28:13-19 [b]Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone [was] thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

14 Thou [art] the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee [so]: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

15 Thou [wast] perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never [shalt] thou [be] any more.[/b]
you erred with that first statement my friend. how can something created perfect sin. does that make sense to you. you are insulting god without noticing it. you calling God an imperfect creator one way or the other

1 Like

Re: Is God Satan? by greatgenius: 9:51pm On Nov 20, 2012
Todaynatoday: I don't think anyone has the answer to that question except God Himself.
You will never have the answer so long as you see yourself as separate from God.
Re: Is God Satan? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 20, 2012
greatgenius: you erred with that first statement my friend. how can something created perfect sin. does that make sense to you. you are insulting god without noticing it. you calling God an imperfect creator one way or the other

That's where free will comes in I guess! The Angels in Heaven have free will too; Lucifer conceived evil out of his own free will! That's why we have sin today.
Re: Is God Satan? by greatgenius: 9:56pm On Nov 20, 2012
Todaynatoday: I do not believe what the writer of the article said, I'm just a bit curious at the similarity of the two verses & I'm just wondering if it could be true. God knows all & everything that happens on earth and in heaven has already been planned out by Him, could it be that God actually created satan for the very purpose of causing havoc on earth?
The creator did not create Satan we created him. No one is causing havoc on earth but ourselves. we are only just shifting the blame. btw not everything in the bible you should believe.
Re: Is God Satan? by greatgenius: 10:01pm On Nov 20, 2012
seriallink:

That's where free will comes in I guess! The Angels in Heaven have free will too; Lucifer conceived evil out of his own free will! That's why we have sin today.
ok so our god gave you free will to do anything yet will turn around and punish you forever when you err. again does that make sense to you? have a question for you though. do you believe God is all there is?
Re: Is God Satan? by Todaynatoday: 10:01pm On Nov 20, 2012
greatgenius: The creator did not create Satan we created him. No one is causing havoc on earth but ourselves. we are only just shifting the blame. btw not everything in the bible you should believe.
He created lucifer who later became satan. This your own theory of no satan is a bit too hard to swallow & why should I not believe everything in the Bible?

1 Like

Re: Is God Satan? by greatgenius: 10:09pm On Nov 20, 2012
Todaynatoday: He created lucifer who later became satan. This your own theory of no satan is a bit too hard to swallow & why should I not believe everything in the Bible?
so you also believe your creator therefore is an imperfect God then..
btw its not too hard to swallow actually if people will just start thinking. will ask you the same question i asked the other guy. Do you believe God is all the else and that everything is God?

Dont believe everything because the bible is filled with alot of false and truths to confuse and control the gullible
Re: Is God Satan? by Todaynatoday: 10:20pm On Nov 20, 2012
greatgenius: so you also believe your creator therefore is an imperfect God then..
btw its not too hard to swallow actually if people will just start thinking. will ask you the same question i asked the other guy. Do you believe God is all the else and that everything is God?
Well, in a way I believe. Since everything is (was) made by God then we are all connected to Him, no qualms about that.

greatgenius: Dont believe everything because the bible is filled with alot of false and truths to confuse and control the gullible
Do you have hard evidence to back up your claims?
Re: Is God Satan? by greatgenius: 10:30pm On Nov 20, 2012
Todaynatoday:
Well, in a way I believe. Since everything is (was) made by God then we are all connected to Him, no qualms about that.
ok cool lets start with that. now what if i tell you like Jesus you are God in the flesh and that you and God are actually one and the same(which jesus came to remind you of or save you as others have said) would you believe that?

Do you have hard evidence to back up your claims?
we will get to that later but we might not even need the evidence
Re: Is God Satan? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 20, 2012
Todaynatoday: In essence?
GOD HAS A RIGHT AND A LEFT HAND. HIS RIGHT HAND IS FOR GOOD AND HIS LEFT HAND IS FOR SATANIC POWERS. THESE ARE THE TWO POWER SOURCE THAT EVERY CREATURE HE MADE CAN TAP INTO. THIS IS WHAT IS CALLED FREEWILL. YOU CAN TAP INTO THE SATANIC POWER OR YOU CAN TAP INTO THE GODLY POWER. EITHER WAY THOSE TWO POWER SOURCES ARE THERE FOR A REASON. THE SATANIC POWER SOURCE IS USED FOR CORRECTION AND CHASTISEMENT.

PROVERBS 16 VS 4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

AMOS 3 VS 6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?

ECCLESIASTICUS 33 VS 15 Think about it: the Most High has made everything in pairs, each thing the opposite of something else
Re: Is God Satan? by Todaynatoday: 10:40pm On Nov 20, 2012
greatgenius: ok cool lets start with that. now what if i tell you like Jesus you are God in the flesh and that you and God are actually one and the same(which jesus came to remind you of or save you as others have said) would you believe that?
I don't get it. You actually mean that I (for my small mind) am like God in all His glory and splendour, that I am a perfect being without sin. That's a bit more than I can chew

we will get to that later but we might not even need the evidence
let's see.
Re: Is God Satan? by Todaynatoday: 10:42pm On Nov 20, 2012
obadiah777: GOD HAS A RIGHT AND A LEFT HAND. HIS RIGHT HAND IS FOR GOOD AND HIS LEFT HAND IS FOR EVIL. THESE ARE THE TWO POWER SOURCE THAT EVERY CREATURE HE MADE CAN TAP INTO. THIS IS WHAT IS CALLED FREEWILL. YOU CAN TAP INTO THE SATANIC POWER OR YOU CAN TAP INTO THE GODLY POWER. EITHER THOSE TWO POWER SOURCES ARE THERE FOR A REASON. THE SATANIC POWER SOURCE IS USED FOR CORRECTION AND CHASTISEMENT.

PROVERBS 16 VS 4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

AMOS 3 VS 6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?

ECCLESIASTICUS 33 VS 15 Think about it: the Most High has made everything in pairs, each thing the opposite of something else
Thanks, I'm finally starting to understand.
Re: Is God Satan? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 20, 2012
Todaynatoday: Thanks, I'm finally starting to understand.
IN CONCLUSION >>> HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION. A MAN IS A R-APIST AND HAS BEEN R-APING WOMEN ( AND THE LORD WILL ONLY ALLOW HIM TO RAPE WHOMEVER DOES NOT HAVE HIS PROTECTION AND HENCE DESERVES IT ). HE IS TAPPING INTO THE SATANIC SIDE. THE LORD WANTS TO RECOMPENSE HIM FOR THE RAPES, ( KEEP IN MIND THE LORD DOES NOT MAKE ANYONE COMMIT SIN ) HOWEVER IF THERE IS A MURDEROUS PERSON WHO IS TAPPING INTO HIS SATANIC SIDE AND IS FEELING MURDEROUS AND WANTS TO KILL. THE LORD WILL DIRECT HIS STEPS
PROVERBS 20 VS 24 A man's steps are directed by the LORD THE LORD WILL DIRECT HIS STEPS TO THE R-APIST AND THEN HE ( THE MURDEROUS PERSON ) CAN UNLEASH HIS SATANIC POWERS ON THE RAPIST. SO IN ESSENCE THE LORD HAS USED AN EVIL PERSON FOR HIS OWN PURPOSE. THATS WHY THE LORD HAS A SATANIC SIDE YOU CAN TAP INTO. ITS USED FOR RETRIBUTION AND JUSTICE AND CORRECTION. THIS IS HOW THE LORD CORRECTS PEOPLE ON EARTH. HOWEVER KEEP IN MIND, YOU ARE NOT COERCED TO BE EVIL, BUT SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO TAP INTO THE SATANIC POWERS AND BE EVIL, THE LORD WILL USE YOU ON SOMEONE WHO DESERVES RETRIBUTION

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do Money Ritualists Really Exist? / An Evil Spirit From The Lord / Is It A Sin For One To Look At his Own Wife Or her Own Husband Lustfully?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.