Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,218 members, 7,811,606 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

She Urgently Needs Advice Before Sunday- Pls Help! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Urgently Needs Advice Before Sunday- Pls Help! (3154 Views)

A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. / Man Needs Advice After Falling In Love With A Prostitute (Snapshot) / How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Urgently Needs Advice Before Sunday- Pls Help! by goldfish80(m): 10:47am On Nov 21, 2012
Truth is †ђξ guy might β℮ interested to marry her just becos he understands †ђξ girls dad is working @ nnpc απϑ her mum has a good job too.So who come be the maga now?? grin grin grin
Re: She Urgently Needs Advice Before Sunday- Pls Help! by yuzedo: 10:48am On Nov 21, 2012
OH MY GODDDDDD!!!!!!!! shocked Sweerie, so you lied to me?!?! cry You didn't know i am on NL eh?? sad
I can't take you to my parents on sunday, undecided this wedding is OFF!!! angry
Re: She Urgently Needs Advice Before Sunday- Pls Help! by maclatunji: 11:12am On Nov 21, 2012
CoxyB: I got a call dis evening from a friend of mine, who is in a deep poo cos of her lies &she urgently nids advice on wot 2do. I knw most of u wil find it difficult 2 believe but pls believe it cos its real,& if u want 2 criticize,do dat wit a solution pls. Dis friend of mine is a final year student of covenant uni, which she had d opportunty 2 study there thru d help of her bachelor uncle workn wit NNPC, her dad is a bus driver in a private nursery sch, while her mum is a yam trader. According to her, she said she went 4 her friends wedding 5months ago& dia she met a very comfortable, caring & loving guy whom she didn't knw wud end up considering marriage, & she has already startd wit lies about herself from day one. She said when d guy askd about herself & wot her parents does,she told him dat her mum is a matron @ UCTH while her dad works @ NNPC. D guy in question has already told his parent about his choice of life partner & he is 2 present her to them on sunday. Right nw she is confused on wot 2do, whether 2 tel him d real truth about herself or 2 call it quit wit him. Matured advice pls

Big shame, she couldn't be true to herself. Why must you lie about your background? She has to call the guy and tell him that she lied to him about her parents and that she did it out of stupidity, she accepts that she has broken his trust and will respect any decision he takes thereafter. It is not Rocket Science.
Re: She Urgently Needs Advice Before Sunday- Pls Help! by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 21, 2012
tell the truth
Re: She Urgently Needs Advice Before Sunday- Pls Help! by obowunmi(m): 12:08pm On Nov 21, 2012
goldfish80: Truth is †ђξ guy might β℮ interested to marry her just becos he understands †ђξ girls dad is working @ nnpc απϑ her mum has a good job too.So who come be the maga now?? grin grin grin

***dead*** hilarious. He don enter one chance. Serious matter.
Re: She Urgently Needs Advice Before Sunday- Pls Help! by obowunmi(m): 12:12pm On Nov 21, 2012
Wizee: Shut*up ur mouth there,which kind of brandin is dat

Ajebutter branding.

1 Like

Re: She Urgently Needs Advice Before Sunday- Pls Help! by Kennyugwa: 12:26pm On Nov 21, 2012
the truth is that she lost the relationship the moment she told the first lie. to remedy this lie, she might need to tell another lie though the guy may even choose to go ahead with the plan so as to keep his own reputation intact before his parents and friends even if she tells him the truth. however, she remains a stranger to this man weather engaged or dis-engaged at the long run.
I advise her to call it quit then learn from her mistakes.
i guess the next relationship will be better and successful if she can start it on a transparent note.
Re: She Urgently Needs Advice Before Sunday- Pls Help! by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 21, 2012
Re: She Urgently Needs Advice Before Sunday- Pls Help! by ifekemmy(f): 2:06pm On Nov 21, 2012
what is bad in selling yam or being a bus driver? The person wey steal, na him spoil child(eni to ba jale lo bomo je). Tell her to seek forgiveness from God first, den she shld go n confess her sins to d guy bf it is too late. Let it be mid-nite talk n she shld be sober for her misdeeds.
Re: She Urgently Needs Advice Before Sunday- Pls Help! by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 21, 2012
Tanx y'all 4ur comments & suggestions. Will pass dz on to her
Re: She Urgently Needs Advice Before Sunday- Pls Help! by luvmijeje(f): 3:15pm On Nov 21, 2012
@Op ur friend has an inferiority complex,She doesn't believe any man could love her for who she is.Now d guy he is going out with love the picture she painted abt herself except if other thing about her attracted d guy to her apart from her character.She has to tell the guy the truth coz d truth ll definitely comeout.
Re: She Urgently Needs Advice Before Sunday- Pls Help! by Samxiulee: 3:26pm On Nov 21, 2012
obowunmi: Everyone lies. She can say, her dad works at a primary school and her mom is a businesswoman - she should also mention that her NNPC uncle provided her with a scholarship to school.

What she is doing is called branding and packaging - I wouldn't view them as lies.
lol.....you must be a marketer working in a bank.I think she should just come out straight.its not a biggie.

1 Like

Re: She Urgently Needs Advice Before Sunday- Pls Help! by noblegas2(m): 4:20pm On Nov 21, 2012
CoxyB: I got a call dis evening from a friend of mine, who is in a deep poo cos of her lies &she urgently nids advice on wot 2do. I knw most of u wil find it difficult 2 believe but pls believe it cos its real,& if u want 2 criticize,do dat wit a solution pls. Dis friend of mine is a final year student of covenant uni, which she had d opportunty 2 study there thru d help of her bachelor uncle workn wit NNPC, her dad is a bus driver in a private nursery sch, while her mum is a yam trader. According to her, she said she went 4 her friends wedding 5months ago& dia she met a very comfortable, caring & loving guy whom she didn't knw wud end up considering marriage, & she has already startd wit lies about herself from day one. She said when d guy askd about herself & wot her parents does,she told him dat her mum is a matron @ UCTH while her dad works @ NNPC. D guy in question has already told his parent about his choice of life partner & he is 2 present her to them on sunday. Right nw she is confused on wot 2do, whether 2 tel him d real truth about herself or 2 call it quit wit him. Matured advice pls

Okay!
She doesnt need to be confused about anything. What she need to do is to sit the guy down and explain everything to him as it is. We've all lied to someone at a point in our lives. She should explain to him she never thought both of them would come this far and that is why she has decided to come clean before he proposed to her. That way, if he's a reasonable man, he should be able to understand because it woulda been worse for him to find out when they woulda already been married.
However if the guy fails to be reasonable and accept her for who she is now that she has spoken the truth, then she should move on. Its not a do or die affair, its lyk a landlord giving his tenant quit notice, Leave my house doesnt mean Leave this world and I'm sure she would have learned to be more truthful when dealing with guys. I would advice that she say the truth because even though she was wrong, she got her point across!
Re: She Urgently Needs Advice Before Sunday- Pls Help! by RudySmith(m): 4:35pm On Nov 21, 2012
As much as she lied, I can understand why she was ashamed 2 tell this guy the truth about her not so great social background. This should not b a reason 2 break up with someone, unless she told him a lie about something important. Her parent's profession is not really important, unless they are native doctors.

She should tell him and explain why she did it, no harm done.

1 Like

Re: She Urgently Needs Advice Before Sunday- Pls Help! by quin9(f): 10:36pm On Nov 21, 2012
When the relationship started getting serz,when d guy was proposing(am sure he has done so,to think of meeting her parents)what happened to her mouth all doz time?

1 Like

Re: She Urgently Needs Advice Before Sunday- Pls Help! by member9: 7:41am On Nov 25, 2012
Today na sunday o! Abeg bring us the gist later. grin grin
Re: She Urgently Needs Advice Before Sunday- Pls Help! by cstan(m): 8:09am On Nov 25, 2012
its too bad...for me i think she should just go ahead and say the truth to the guy though i don't think the guy would still forge ahead with the marriage plans cos even if he decides to continue with the marriage plans the gal definitely will suffer in the future..its natural and she can't even help it so my advice to her is just to say the truth to the guy and forge ahead with her life, i believe she have learn t good lesson's from her adventure so let her turn a new leaf so she might end up with the next guy that would come her way...good luck to her!
Re: She Urgently Needs Advice Before Sunday- Pls Help! by Cidi: 9:37am On Nov 25, 2012
Don't say the truth. Guys loves what they can see. They love lies. After a baby she can tell d boy or keep her mouth shut.
Re: She Urgently Needs Advice Before Sunday- Pls Help! by here: 10:19am On Nov 25, 2012
Who says a relatnship built on lies wudnt work?
Let her go to him and correct it,lay the cards that if he doesnt wish to go on then its ok,that she can live with that but he should understand for a moment she wasnt sure,freaked out at such a wonderful guy he is and scard he might despise her background.
If he understands he'll knw how to handle the parents.We all have lied for ones we love or worked around it.
Wish her a good life bt she has to evaluate if she is ready for marriage if she can fail like this

1 Like

Re: She Urgently Needs Advice Before Sunday- Pls Help! by GoodDREAMS(m): 11:16am On Nov 25, 2012
Let her tell him the whole truth. She should let him know that she didn't want to lose him that was why she played perfect. It is better to be heartbroken now for saying the truth than to be divorced,heartbroken and stigmatized because the truth was discovered after marriage. Remember; if telling the truth will spoil her reputation in the eyes of 100 people now, when the truth comes out later after marriage it will spoil her reputation in over 1000 peoples eyes and she would be called a divorcee, liar, cheat and her entire family and friends would be ashamed of her.

Can this cause divorce? Yes! Lies that are 1% of this have caused many divorces. No matter how small It is, it will grow up to make the man believe that you are even cheating on him. Marriage without trust is suicide.

Perhaps she had been doing it as a habit and this could be the punishment. Let her learn her lessons.

She would be fine.Let her say the truth cos it is worth it.And she must change. Hope its true love she found.
Re: She Urgently Needs Advice Before Sunday- Pls Help! by Sweetlemon(f): 12:03pm On Nov 25, 2012
Meeeen the girl messed up big time and I won't sympathize with her if she looses him cos of this.
Everyone tells little white lies once in a while but this lie is just tooooooooo black abeg!
Re: She Urgently Needs Advice Before Sunday- Pls Help! by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 25, 2012
Men (not teenage boys o) care less about a girl's family financial background besides some fake gold-digging celebrity guys though, who just want to use their minute celebrity status to hook up to a nice family for backup and out of fear of what their future holds.

What matters most to men is the girl's upbringing- if its well nurtured, not a broken home and with some kind of parental issues and not necessarily financial background when they want to marry.

So your friend made a grt mistake cos a girl doesn't need to lie about her family financial status to a guy cos men don't care, all that real men care is who she is and her character. So let her come out clean now and beg him to forgive her even though some guys may not take it lightly, so she shud be ready to face- either a break up or a little blame n then they move on.

Btw o, y shud a girl lie abt her family background, to impress who Men don't care cos they mostly don't need a dime from u or ur family. What is d world turning into, women now doing what men are supposed to do, na wa o!

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Just Want To Be With A Man / She Has A Boyfriend But Would Not Let Him Go / What Characteristics Or Qualities Do You Look For In A Girlfriend/ Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.