Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,162 members, 7,852,963 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:06 AM

What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? (7703 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? by cocoduck: 7:35pm On Nov 26, 2012
OmolodMilkman93: NWT,.....modern English. Restores God's name....
TRUE TALK
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? by thorpido(m): 7:46pm On Nov 26, 2012
Baba_Eleko: Thanks what stands the Quran out, it has only one accepted translation and cannot be retranslated.
The Hindu book and the Bhuddists' books also have one translation.That puts the quran in the same category with them,isn't it?

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? by thorpido(m): 7:48pm On Nov 26, 2012
KJV...easier memory.I check other translations however for better understanding.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 26, 2012
The message/Remix by Eugene H. Peterson. So readable.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? by FrenchyL(m): 8:07pm On Nov 26, 2012
The Living Bible.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? by UjSizzle(f): 8:14pm On Nov 26, 2012
Amplified Bible. The translations perfect; incorporating the kjv, omitted/mistranslated words plus likely meaning to others.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? by Lalaska(m): 8:23pm On Nov 26, 2012
Its got to be The Message. This version is thought provoking

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? by emmalezy(m): 8:31pm On Nov 26, 2012
musKeeto: NLT
Mine is Amplified bible.. Its more enlightening than all versions
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? by otokx(m): 8:33pm On Nov 26, 2012
King James Version

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? by oyejohn: 8:43pm On Nov 26, 2012
As a Bible Scholar that I have d privilege of reading the Bible in the original languages of Greek and Hebrew I would like to say the NIV is the nearest to the original languages and bible translators try to make sure they keep the original message of the scriptures as much as they can and yet make it very contemporary to what humans relate with in this post modern world. There are translations called the Literal translations the NIV, KJV and the NKJV fall into that category. Then there is the what we call the dynamic equivalent translations: The Living Bible, Message Bible and the likes fall under that. So if I need a bible that gives me a literal translation I know which to go for and if I need 1 that gives me an equivalence of what the writers mean to the post modern reader I go for the other ones.
N:B love to learn Biblical Greek or Hebrew pls lemme know Bless you!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? by lapagegirl(f): 9:00pm On Nov 26, 2012
Mine is NKJV

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? by speaktome(m): 9:15pm On Nov 26, 2012
Seeth, goeth, thou, lovesth....loveth nd kisseth my KJV evryday

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? by Yooguyz: 9:27pm On Nov 26, 2012
The problem wit many of these new translations is dat dey contain sectarian bais..hence KJV is the best
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? by Guapo(m): 9:31pm On Nov 26, 2012
NWT - New World Translation. It is the most comprehensive translation, as it uses modern English

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? by oyejohn: 9:35pm On Nov 26, 2012
Yooguyz: The problem wit many of these new translations is dat dey contain sectarian bais..hence KJV is the best
if you talk about biases the KJV ranks high. The translation was put together under the auspices of King James of England who chose 70 scholars to do this translation in Cambridge. You surely would agree that since he paid the piper he certainly dictated the tune. Time and space would not allow me say all about the histor of the KJV its a nice translation good but the NIV is objective in all
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? by cutelayo(f): 9:58pm On Nov 26, 2012
k2039: The message (MSG).More like a commentary on it's own
The Message. So explanatory. Other is the Amplified Version
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? by Oahray: 9:58pm On Nov 26, 2012
No translation is completely free of bias.
My favourites however are New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures and Goodnews bible.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? by Yooguyz: 10:45pm On Nov 26, 2012
Kinda funny and weird
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? by scholes23(m): 10:46pm On Nov 26, 2012
GOOD NEWS BIBLE (ROMAN CATHOLIC)
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? by lincDzinc(m): 11:09pm On Nov 26, 2012
The message
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? by Limaoscar: 11:27pm On Nov 26, 2012
KJV first MSG translation 2nd
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? by teniyi(m): 3:47am On Nov 27, 2012
Confusion in the air
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? by Pelumiv(m): 5:12am On Nov 27, 2012
cocoduck: NWT(New World Translation)
OmolodMilkman93: NWT,.....modern English. Restores God's name....
Oahray: No translation is completely free of bias.
My favourites however are New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures and Goodnews bible.

I was thinking no one will post the most accurate bible translation so far, which also restore God's initial name to its original place which appears over 7,000 times. No doubt, NEW WORLD TRANSLATION OF THE HOLY SCRIPTURES is the way to go for me.
At the quoted member, are you jw's?

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? by BabaEleko(m): 7:02am On Nov 27, 2012
thorpido: The Hindu book and the Bhuddists' books also have one translation.That puts the quran in the same category with them,isn't it?

Yes! You are right which means they cannot be retranslated by every Tom, Dikc and Harry to suit anyone's personal aggrandizement.
The word of God is sacred, should have just one generally accepted translation not plethora. Wonder how many more versions will be out by d time Christ returns.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? by BabaEleko(m): 7:06am On Nov 27, 2012
Oahray: No translation is completely free of bias.

Now that is my point. Favored translation comes in when you have multiple translation.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? by BabaEleko(m): 7:11am On Nov 27, 2012
tessyade: You wonder why many people do not go near the quran since they can't understand it. The translations of the bible is meant for easier understanding by different people, that's a plus for the bible. @ topic NIV, king James and especially the message.

You're right. And that why commanded us to learn the Quran in its original form and language so as to avoid any bias and influenced translation. Thus, read and understand my words by urself, don't be fed with b.s.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? by cocoduck: 7:21am On Nov 27, 2012
Pelumiv:

I was thinking no one will post the most accurate bible translation so far, which also restore God's initial name to its original place which appears over 7,000 times. No doubt, NEW WORLD TRANSLATION OF THE HOLY SCRIPTURES is the way to go for me.
OH YES
LIBREVILLE ENGLISH NPRTH CONG. IN GABON
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? by OmolodMilkman93(m): 8:14am On Nov 27, 2012
Pelumiv:

yea. UNIPARK cong in Port Harcourt City, Naija
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? by jonesdollieho: 8:43am On Nov 27, 2012
New World Translation

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? by jonesdollieho: 8:48am On Nov 27, 2012
Pelumiv:

YES! NEW WORLD TRANSLATION - The only bible translation that retains God's Name (Jehovah)
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? by Jazzgreen(m): 9:31am On Nov 27, 2012
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? by Jazzgreen(m): 9:49am On Nov 27, 2012
Baba_Eleko:

Yes! You are right which means they cannot be retranslated by every Tom, Dikc and Harry to suit anyone's personal aggrandizement.
The word of God is sacred, should have just one generally accepted translation not plethora. Wonder how many more versions will be out by d time Christ returns.
dumb head,we hav many translation so as to knw d scriptures beta and ascertain dat wat we'r been taught is d truth.."These(BEREAN)S were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so." -Acts 17:11". But u muslims are been taught wat u cant verify. 90% of muslims in nigeria cant even read nor understand ARABIC,so they go wit all the nonsenc they'r taught without checkin if its correct cos they cant read the Quaran written in Arabic.we christians hav many simple english translation so after bein taught by d pastor, we go bak to cross check its accuracy.Dat gives d BIBLE and edge over d poetry KORAN

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tale Of Ecuadorian Girl Who Went To Heaven / Questions About Religion For The Deep Thinker / An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.