Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall (12522 Views)

Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA / Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria / Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 21, 2012
I just stumbled on this article and I think it would be nice to share
The peaceful city of Ilorin, the capital of Kwara state, Nigeria; will in a few weeks to come have the pleasure of playing host to the leading supermarket store in Africa � Shoprite. The store which will be situated at the newly constructed Kwara Mall which is said to be the fourth largest center in Nigeria (12,000 square metre).

Kwara Mall is a joint venture between Persianas and the Kwara State government. While Persianas, the owners of the Palms Shopping Centre, VI, as well as Polo Parks, Enugu, secured the financing, tenants, and development expertise, the Kwara State government contributed the land as an equity contribution to the project.

The store when opened will boast of 3,700 square metre shopping space, comparable to the one at the Palms in Lekki and will have as neighbours a rich line of other international brands such as KFC and Max clothing. The store has already begun discussions with local farmers and suppliers to ensure efficient delivery of products and services. It is also confirmed as at press time that the charity arm of Shoprite has extended its Help-Change-A-Life CSR campaign to the state by donating fifty thousand Naira worth of shopping groceries to the Kwara state children reception centre.

Shoprite which continues to enjoy huge patronage in its recently opened store in the FCT Abuja has set the end of November for the grand opening of the Ilorin store. When it is opened, this would be the sixth store in Nigeria. More developmental projects are still planned for the other parts of the country.

The city of Ilorin which is naturally endowed with adequate vast and rich agricultural land is also popularly referred to as the city of lawyers and scholars. There is no doubt that when the doors of the Shoprite store are flung open to the public, they will be enjoying first class shopping experience like never before.

Shoprite is the leading retailer across Africa and is the brand of choice for many consumers across the African continent. Shoprite�s large following of loyal customers can be attributed to their ability to offer the widest range of products and the highest standards of freshness and quality whilst always maintaining the lowest prices
Source: http://www.ilorin.info/fullnews.php?id=7476

@the second sentence in the bolded. I think this should help boost the agricultural potential of the state.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall by Emmyk(m): 10:57am On Nov 21, 2012
Tis' cool
Re: Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall by 1000COMPUTERZ(m): 2:03pm On Nov 21, 2012
Opening tomorrow for business..........................................
Re: Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall by ebamma3: 4:16pm On Nov 21, 2012
okay am waiting, its high time i start buying garri in a supermarket
Re: Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall by MadCow1: 4:17pm On Nov 21, 2012
.Nice.. I am surprised that with all the billioniares in this country, no Nigerian has thought of opening a proper brand Supermarket chain.. How sad..

This post is a paid advert for SHOPRITE.. SHOPRITE, Destroying small scale Nigerian supermarket business since 2006.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall by tjskii(f): 4:23pm On Nov 21, 2012
Mmscheeww wat r they doing opening in kwara,they shud come to ibadan jor,we seriosly need dem here angry
Re: Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall by Lero15(m): 4:24pm On Nov 21, 2012
gud one for kwara state, gud one for Nigeria...
Re: Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall by rman: 4:25pm On Nov 21, 2012
OBITEK, GOMOLA, FOOD AND NUT, CHUPETS, PHONE MART and the other popular sales outlets in Ilorin need to up their game now.

Is it going to have a cinema? Ilorin needs one.

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall by 5much(m): 4:26pm On Nov 21, 2012
why not ibadan city,shoprite.come to ibadan ASAP.
Re: Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall by rman: 4:26pm On Nov 21, 2012
tjskii: Mmscheeww wat r they doing opening in kwara,they shud come to ibadan jor,we seriosly need dem here angry

Ilorin is better organized than Ibadan, maybe that is their reason.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall by Lagusta(m): 4:28pm On Nov 21, 2012
Hmmmm, where is the kwara mall located??

This is good
Re: Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall by Amjustme: 4:40pm On Nov 21, 2012
So far shoprite in abuja has not impressed me one bit so its just anoda one of those shops opening at kwara, and I say, who cares?
Re: Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall by jeddyMay(f): 4:41pm On Nov 21, 2012
they ve started sending Stock Orders to companies for months now. The company i work for, supplied it products last month.
Re: Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall by macapela09(f): 4:41pm On Nov 21, 2012
[quote author=Lagusta]Hmmmm, where is the kwara mall located??

@ fate beside NTA ilorin.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall by toideve(m): 4:47pm On Nov 21, 2012
Excuse me but what about Benin City undecided
Re: Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall by ibsureboy: 4:48pm On Nov 21, 2012
Tempted to comment my reserve but 1 question please; when do we move from consumer oriented market to production oriented market? Who is going to give Dangote a run for his money, sowie, his billion?
Re: Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 21, 2012
Re: Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall by akinsdeji(m): 4:51pm On Nov 21, 2012
Ibadan mall is under construction around ring road area.so guys expect them soon
Re: Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall by ochallo: 5:04pm On Nov 21, 2012
ebamma 3: okay am waiting, its high time i start buying garri in a supermarket

it's high time, i started buying garri.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall by MMM2(m): 5:06pm On Nov 21, 2012
What

Dry kwara state angry

Poor illorin angry
Re: Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall by maninmood(m): 5:17pm On Nov 21, 2012
ochallo:

it's high time, i started buying garri.

Semantically, you're wrong! verbs after words/phrases like High time, time, would rather you, etc are not always 'past-tense'. It depends on the usage and what the speaker actually trying to verbalize.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall by anishe(m): 5:25pm On Nov 21, 2012
Good idea but I can tell you that Shoprite can not boast of the cheapest price in the market.
Re: Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall by tjskii(f): 5:26pm On Nov 21, 2012
chaircover:

I thought they were opening in that new complex in dugbe behind cocoa house

Yea,but ow long is it goin to take them to open it,is it wen I'm old and grey, angry
Re: Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 21, 2012
Re: Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 21, 2012
tjskii: Mmscheeww wat r they doing opening in kwara,they shud come to ibadan jor,we seriosly need dem here angry
5much: why not ibadan city,shoprite.come to ibadan ASAP.

I've been to both cities...I gotta say, ilorin is much cleaner, 'tusher' and serene than ibadan. With good infrastructures in place. I personally love ilorin roads(no potholes whatsoever-one of the best roads I've seen in Nigeria...they are well maintained and cleaned with no dust at the edges). And in terms of shopping, ilorin has lots of high class peeps who are ready for mall as there are enough shopping stores there already. But ibadan...eerm *sneezes* sorry. The roads are dirty and dusty as the word dirty can be dirty. The potholes there can condemn a car's shock absorber. And ibadan peeps seems to prefer open market to supermarkets. So I hope that answers your question grin. Things might have changed though cos I visited ibadan two years ago and kwara is just last year.

5 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 21, 2012
maninmood:

Semantically, you're wrong! verbs after words/phrases like High time, time, would rather you, etc are not always 'past-tense'. It depends on the usage and what the speaker actually trying to verbalize.

Smh...nigerians and blind argument!

I'm not implying anything though lipsrsealed ...but sir it would have been better not to say anythingsad
Re: Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall by crackhaus: 5:58pm On Nov 21, 2012
You dey show yourself abi?

maninmood:

Re: Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall by crackhaus: 6:00pm On Nov 21, 2012
You took the words right out of my mouth

toideve: Excuse me but what about Benin City undecided
Re: Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall by crackhaus: 6:14pm On Nov 21, 2012
I'm tempted to comment my reply but 1 answer is;
You could be the first to do so. I mean I have such aspirations too, so we can go into business together. You get 10% of the profits only if you can offer up bankable ideas no one else ever thought of.

ibsureboy: Tempted to comment my reserve but 1 question please; when do we move from consumer oriented market to production oriented market? Who is going to give Dangote a run for his money, sowie, his billion?
Re: Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall by onyxo76(m): 6:23pm On Nov 21, 2012
abi o. Shoprite and a silverbird cinema will stop my trips to lagos. Its only foodco that has a somewhat close status in ibadan.
Re: Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 21, 2012
Niiiiiiiiice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nipost Adopts 3 Word Addresses / 11 Ways To Grow Your Money 2 BY STEPSGUIDE / I Just Opened My Own Bakery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.