Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Best Nigerian Bank? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Best Nigerian Bank? (12533 Views)

Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account / GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag / Best Nigerian Bank For UK Returnee Back To Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Nigerian Bank? by whitechriz(m): 7:39pm On Jun 25, 2009
WHICH BANKS ARE SAFE IN NIGERIA VERY SAFE AND THE BEST ?
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by Phemour: 12:38pm On Jun 26, 2009
Bank PHB smiley
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 26, 2009
guaranty trust bank - gtb!
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by kshow1(m): 12:44pm On Jun 26, 2009
All the current 24 banks are okay.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by ifeoma2022(f): 12:46pm On Jun 26, 2009
AFRIBANK NIG PLC tongue lipsrsealed tongue lipsrsealed[tr][/tr]
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by ifeoma2022(f): 12:50pm On Jun 26, 2009
Most efficient and coutious bank lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by karfe(m): 12:53pm On Jun 26, 2009
faakay:

guaranty trust bank - gtb!
Thought it was gtb until recently. may i say zenith?, pls, be gentle on me, smiley
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by rafcrown(m): 1:00pm On Jun 26, 2009
This is a very good question.Pls let us know where one can put our hard-earned money( NOT SECURITY VOTE)
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by ichommy(m): 1:03pm On Jun 26, 2009
GTB AND PLEASE CAN SOME ONE TELL ME gtb swift code
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by tytylayor: 1:07pm On Jun 26, 2009
Union Bank
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by Fostercat(m): 1:10pm On Jun 26, 2009
oceanic bank.my bank 4 life
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by MAURI: 1:18pm On Jun 26, 2009
Hi Ichommy,
Find below the swift add of GTB in Lagos:

GTBINGLAXXX GUARANTY TRUST BANK LIMITED LAGOS NIGERIA

Ciao,
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by emilyone(f): 1:26pm On Jun 26, 2009
without mincing wordS FIRST BANK IS THE BABA kiss kiss kiss
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by hubreality(m): 1:29pm On Jun 26, 2009
GTBank takes my vote. Why? GTBank have gone beyond secured bank, their customer relations and satisfaction is sweet and peaceful. No hidden charges anywhere.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by walestar(m): 1:59pm On Jun 26, 2009
Women  Bank is the worst bank, where you make deposit with no withdrawal but other banks are okay, don't deposit in woman's Bank guys or else you gonna be hurt. This Microfinance Bank gaining more ground in Nigeria now is BABA IJEBU Microfinance bank, it wipe away all my money and colleagues money in School before we ran away, BABA IJEBU microfinance Bank will or not pay you money but when it pays, they are ready to receives ten times of what they paid out but for you but as for Woman bank. Only God can save you. GTB has no hidden charges but UBA banks has a lot of hidden charges while Zenith is the best ever. cause I have tested all these 3 banks, don't dare the first 2 I mention above
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by Ayokunle07(m): 2:07pm On Jun 26, 2009
Skye Bank, my bank. Check this out.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 26, 2009
GTB is the bank.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by guoxiubin: 2:31pm On Jun 26, 2009
@Moderator,
Pls could you make this a poll,
Cos seems GT will take the lead[i] unnoticed[/i].
so let the poll decide!
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by Maacdi: 2:51pm On Jun 26, 2009
Technically, the 24 banks are in good shape, there is an impending verification exercise by the central Bank to ascertain the veracity of their claims, Hopefully they should come out clean.

However , i think the choice of "best bank" is a subjective one, based on your expectations, They all have the basic requirements to be classified "sound bank", God bless Soludo.The way each comes across to you is defined by you.

I stick with GTB, Sorry, i'm being subjective, my "madam" works there, they are good though.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by topsy25(m): 3:03pm On Jun 26, 2009
If you want peace and rest of mind with your money, go for OCEANIC the dynamic bank kiss kiss kiss
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by bros1234(m): 3:19pm On Jun 26, 2009
UBA, Very bad in terms of hidden charges. Dont try them. They were charging me for everything even for entering the bank hall

Bank PHB, Not bad but high charges in foreign transfers

Zenith, Ok but very egostic

Oceanic, Good but never rewards their customers and frequent ATM and internet fraud. Unreliable staff. I had to move my funds

WEMA, Management problem. Had to leave. Few customers these days

GTB, Better. STARTED with them newly but from charges point, they are better, Tech customer service, nice

Forget about First bank or union bank, they are the past generations banks. OBJ and their generation
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by adejokemi(m): 3:27pm On Jun 26, 2009
GTB is good in all facets except their internet banking.
from a personal experince, i lost N100k to them through ATM withdrawals and beleive me my pin wasnt compromised. uptill now after 4months, they are still looking for my money.

another side to it, i suspect that all these so called fraudsters must have insiders in gtb simply because, the rate at which frauds occurs in the bank is quite alarming, so lets be careful.
not sabotaging them because all banks are experincing them but at varying level, gtb has to do something on this.

peace out!!
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by oneluvb55(f): 3:33pm On Jun 26, 2009
Oceanic bank
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by nethacker(m): 3:42pm On Jun 26, 2009
adejokemi:

GTB is good in all facets except their internet banking.
from a personal experince, i lost N100k to them through ATM withdrawals and beleive me my pin wasnt compromised. uptill now after 4months, they are still looking for my money.

another side to it, i suspect that all these so called fraudsters must have insiders in gtb simply because, the rate at which frauds occurs in the bank is quite alarming, so lets be careful.
not sabotaging them because all banks are experincing them but at varying level, gtb has to do something on this.

peace out!!
Sorry where is ur branch? bell me on 08020330117

Maacdi:

Technically, the 24 banks are in good shape, there is an impending verification exercise by the central Bank to ascertain the veracity of their claims, Hopefully they should come out clean.

However , i think the choice of "best bank" is a subjective one, based on your expectations, They all have the basic requirements to be classified "sound bank", God bless Soludo.The way each comes across to you is defined by you.

I stick with GTB, Sorry, i'm being subjective, my "madam" works there, they are good though.
@^ grin grin @ Maacdi wats ur madam's name and which branch is she?

hubreality:

GTBank takes my vote. Why? GTBank have gone beyond secured bank, their customer relations and satisfaction is sweet and peaceful. No hidden charges anywhere.
u r the bomb!!!! join the leading party up GTB!~!!!! grin
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by oblo(m): 3:49pm On Jun 26, 2009
I would vote Skye bank as the best  because they are more customer friendly and if they are to charge you they tell you before hand bla bla, no hidden charges. also the pioneer and for now the leader  in e-banking.

GT is ok too sha, love their structures and service too!!

So far the following banks are so far the best financially.

• Diamond Bank
• First Bank
• GTBank
• Skye Bank

Check out the attached document to see how other banks are fareing, I rest my case!!

Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by oluclem(m): 3:54pm On Jun 26, 2009
All the Banks are good except for UBA angry angry angry with their numerous hidden charges angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by ayomifull(f): 3:54pm On Jun 26, 2009
Union and First bank in term of the 'safest'. Customer care
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by Jarus(m): 3:58pm On Jun 26, 2009
GTB by miles, as far as I'm concerned.

From staff angle:
-No aggressive marketing: Their brand sells them even more than their marketers, no cut-throat targets
-Working environment: Very cool
-Less stress: Aside from old generation banks, they are the only bank where weekend working is rare
-OK Pay: They may not be the best in the industry by pay criteria, but certainly up there with the bests. No stupid strings attached to pays
-Appeal: GTB has this appeal that once you enter any of their branches, you will wish you are a banker. Much as I dislike bank work, GTB is the only bank I can consider because of work. I can consider bankPHB because of their pay though.

From Customer angle:
-Excellent service: They hardly disappoint. Hardly do you experience network problem.
-Courteous staff: Their staff are very courteous, but they won't worship you. They give you the respect you deserve, but not to the extent of begging you. I like their style.
-Zero balance: They set the pace
-ATM: Well serviced ATM machines that hardly disappoint.
-Ever effective funds transfer, real time
-Efficient payment system: If you use GT a/c as your salary a/c, you will know what I'm saying here
-In my service year,GT was the only bank taht didn't use to remove a Kobo from corpers' allawee

I just enjoy this bank. Since I started banking with them, I have yanked off my monies in Diamond, UBN and the exploitative UBA!
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by sealworld(m): 4:05pm On Jun 26, 2009
Diamond Bank and Ecobank always
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by nethacker(m): 4:09pm On Jun 26, 2009
sealworld:

Diamond Bank and Ecobank always
@^ shocked shocked ECO waaaattt!!!! shocked and DIA waaaaat!!!!!!?? shocked
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by jbdn: 4:13pm On Jun 26, 2009
Please don't fool yourselves O. Not all the banks are in great shape. When banks start doing buy one get ,one free you know there is a problem.

It's still GTBank and Others.That is a bank founded on principles and banking ethics. Ecobank stands for these too, but I wish they would stop trying to join the joneses and remain rue to banking ideals.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by nethacker(m): 4:17pm On Jun 26, 2009
jbdn:

Please don't fool yourselves O. Not all the banks are in great shape. When banks start doing buy one get ,one free you know there is a problem.

It's still GTBank and Others.That is a bank founded on principles and banking ethics. Ecobank stands for these too, but I wish they would stop trying to join the joneses and remain rue to banking ideals.
GTBank will nvr do buy one get one free grin grin common IPO GTBank no dey do .even promo u will nvr see us do it. so , abeg clap 4 us , pa pa pa pa pa pa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Starting A Low-capital Online Business: What You Should Look Out For / Fidelity Bank Raises International Spend Limit On Naira Cards / CBN Forex Reforms Cripple BDC Operations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.