Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Israel Vs Palestine - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel Vs Palestine (1120 Views)

Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire / UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State / Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israel Vs Palestine by umra8901(f): 5:01pm On Nov 21, 2012
I have always being fascinated and interested by the Middle east/Arabs vs Israel saga that seems to have being going on for years and years before I was born with no end in sight.
I'll really appreciate if someone or people can enlighten me on the issue between Israel and Palestine and how and why America has gotten herself entangled into it.
I have done a bit of research and reading into it, but there seems to be a lot of bias and what not going on, so I'll appreciate if people who reply aren't biased in their replied because it'll defeat the whole purpose of this.

Thank you! smiley
Re: Israel Vs Palestine by Lasinoh: 5:03pm On Nov 21, 2012
OLD TOPIC. . .

https://www.nairaland.com/774987/someone-please-explain-issue-palestine

https://www.nairaland.com/17758/views-israel-palestine

https://www.nairaland.com/352860/lets-discuss-issue-palestine-israel

Since they can't die of HIV/AIDS like Africans and 'BLACK' PEOPLE. . . something must eradicate them.
I don't like either. . . they are both full of HATEFUL, VIOLENT, discontent, war-mongering ijjiots!
GOOD RIDDANCE TO BOTH! kiss

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Jews

Depending on religious definitions and varying population data, the United States is home to the largest or second largest (after Israel) Jewish community in the world.

FYI. . . 'JEW YORK' owns America. . . and is for ever empathetic to the causes of Israel. . . the land of JEWS. Simple explanation.

The scuffles between ISREAL AND PALESTINE?. . . Too boring to rehash. I will pass. kiss

Please, don't allow 'myopic', demi-illiterate NIGERIANS OR NAIRALANDERS deplete your brain cells with mis-information.

READ IT UP YOURSELF. If you can log on to NL. . . YOU CAN READ WIKI!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Israeli%E2%80%93Palestinian_conflict

[b]The roots of the conflict can be traced to the late 19th century, with the rise of national movements, including Zionism and Arab nationalism. Though the Jewish aspiration to return to Zion had been part of Jewish religious thought for more than a millennia, the Jewish population of Europe and to some degree Middle East began to more actively discuss immigration back to the Land of Israel, and the re-establishment of the Jewish Nation in its national homeland, only during the 1859 to 1880s, largely as a solution to the widespread persecution of Jews due to anti-Semitism in Russia and Europe. As a result, the Zionist movement, the modern movement for the creation of a homeland for the Jewish people, was established as a political movement in 1897.

The Zionist movement called for the establishment of a nation-state for the Jewish people in Palestine, which would serve as a haven for the Jews of the world and in which they would have the right for self-determination.[4] Zionists increasingly came to hold that this state should be in their historic homeland, which they referred to as the Land of Israel.[5] The World Zionist Organization and the Jewish National Fund encouraged immigration and funded purchase of land, both under Ottoman rule and under British rule, in the region of Palestine.[6] While Arab nationalism, at least in an early form, and Syrian nationalism were the dominant tendencies along with continued loyalty to the Ottoman state.

According to Benny Morris, among the first recorded violent incidents between Arabs and Jews in Palestine was the accidental shooting dead of an Arab man in Safed, during a wedding in December 1882, by a Jewish guard of the newly formed Rosh Pina. In response, about 200 Arabs descended on the Jewish settlement throwing stones and vandalizing property.[7] Another incident happened in Petach Tikva, where in early 1886 the Jewish settlers demanded that their tenants vacate the disputed land and started encroaching on it. On March 28, a Jewish settler crossing this land was attacked and robbed of his horse by Yahudiya Arabs, while the settlers confiscated nine mules found grazing in their fields, though it is not clear which incident came first and which was the retaliation. The Jewish settlers refused to return the mules, a decision viewed as a provocation. The following day, when most of the settlement's men folk were away, fifty or sixty Arab villagers attacked Petach Tikva, vandalizing houses and fields and carrying off much of the livestock. Four Jews were injured and a fifth, an elderly woman with a heart condition, died four days later.[8][/b]

Till now. . . .WAR WITHOUT END! Good riddance to both I tellya! kiss
Re: Israel Vs Palestine by Starlett: 5:11pm On Nov 21, 2012
@OP
Wish I had d time to give a detailed response. Will see.

1 Like

Re: Israel Vs Palestine by umra8901(f): 5:21pm On Nov 21, 2012
Lasinoh: Since they can't die of HIV/AIDS like Africans and 'BLACK' PEOPLE. . . something must eradicate them.
I don't like either. . . they are both full of HATEFUL, VIOLENT, discontent, war-mongering ijjiots!
GOOD RIDDANCE TO BOTH! kiss

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Jews

FYI. . . 'JEW YORK' owns America. . . and is for ever empathetic to the causes of Israel. . . the land of JEWS. Simple explanation.

The scuffles between ISREAL AND PALESTINE?. . . Too boring to rehash. I will pass. kiss

Please, don't allow 'myopic', demi-illiterate NIGERIANS OR NAIRALANDERS deplete your brain cells with mis-information.

READ IT UP YOURSELF. If you can log on to NL. . . YOU CAN READ WIKI!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Israeli%E2%80%93Palestinian_conflict

If you've taken the time to read everything in my post, you will see that I said I have done some reading on it. That includes Wiki which was my first point of call.
I asked for 'it' to be explained, not wiki links given. If you do have any other links you think explains more, do post them.
Gracias wink

1 Like

Re: Israel Vs Palestine by Lasinoh: 5:27pm On Nov 21, 2012
umra_8901:

If you've taken the time to read everything in my post, you will see that I said I have done some reading on it. That includes Wiki which was my first point of call.

I asked for 'it' to be explained, not wiki links given. If you do have any other links you think explains more, do post them.
Gracias wink

How can anyone explain to you. . .WHAT YOU CAN READ?
How do you get the info you need from Nigerians on Nairaland?
Stop being intellectually docile. . .and do some reading offline!

Goodluck. . . kiss

*thread unfollowed*

1 Like

Re: Israel Vs Palestine by umra8901(f): 5:43pm On Nov 21, 2012
Lasinoh:

How can anyone explain to you. . .WHAT YOU CAN READ?
How do you get the info you need from Nigerians on Nairaland?
Stop being intellectually docile. . .and do some reading offline!

Goodluck. . . kiss

*thread unfollowed*
Reading does not mean you understand. There's a difference between both. That's why Nigeria spews out students who read to pass and then forget afterwards.
Stop making silly generalisations about people you don't know and learn to use a dictionary whilst you're at it.
Glad you've unfollowed the thread. smiley

Thank you and goodluck to you too wink

2 Likes

Re: Israel Vs Palestine by wesley80(m): 5:44pm On Nov 21, 2012
If you're a good reader and desire proper understanding, I'll recommend two novels by the late author and historian Leon Uris they are "The Haj" and "Exodus". The most significant events happened long before the birth of the Zionist movements but sadly, few bother to tell this aspect of the story.
Re: Israel Vs Palestine by umra8901(f): 5:54pm On Nov 21, 2012
wesley80: If you're a good reader and desire proper understanding, I'll recommend two novels by the late author and historian Leon Uris they are "The Haj" and "Exodus". The most significant events happened long before the birth of the Zionist movements but sadly, few bother to tell this aspect of the story.
Thank you for the recommendations smiley
Do you mean Exodus not Genesis? I googled it and there doesn't seem to be a book by that name written by Leon...
Re: Israel Vs Palestine by wesley80(m): 6:20pm On Nov 21, 2012
umra_8901:
Thank you for the recommendations smiley
Do you mean Exodus not Genesis? I googled it and there doesn't seem to be a book by that name written by Leon...

Yes, I actually meant Exodus and not Genesis, I realized the error after posting. Mind you, Uris was a Jew and some dismiss his account on the basis of his race but he's narrative account were well researched and covers the case of both sides dispassionately IMO.

(1) (Reply)

. / Facts All US Citizens Need To Know About Israel And Palestine / Busted! Donald Trump Caught Peeking A Photo Of His Bikini Clad Ex-wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.