Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,592 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Acura TL 04/5 And Acura TSX 05 Which Is More Economical And Beta To Use In Naija - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Acura TL 04/5 And Acura TSX 05 Which Is More Economical And Beta To Use In Naija (4545 Views)

What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? / Which Is More Economical Between Toyota Camry 1998_2004 & Benz C200. Advice Pls / Torn Between 4runner, Pilot And Acura Mdx (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acura TL 04/5 And Acura TSX 05 Which Is More Economical And Beta To Use In Naija by kaetomandala: 11:35pm On Nov 21, 2012
Auto gurus in the house pls I nid help in choosing btn these two cars to buy,I use a honda babyboy and I've decided to upgrade but I don't know how Acura products fare well in nigeria and how economical and fuel consumption levels are,including certified mechanics and avialable parts to buy incase of future needs..so therefore I crave your indulgence to give me some details about these cars I've mentioned here....
Thanks auto gurus,mechanics and car owners,as you help me in this Quest.
Re: Acura TL 04/5 And Acura TSX 05 Which Is More Economical And Beta To Use In Naija by luvinhubby(m): 6:42pm On Nov 22, 2012
They both share similar features, but TL is better because of adaptability.
Re: Acura TL 04/5 And Acura TSX 05 Which Is More Economical And Beta To Use In Naija by jodeci01: 11:57am On Nov 23, 2012
Well i currently drive a 2004 Tsx, and i can tell you i get about 400-550 km on each fill up which is probably higher than its TL counterpart. It all depends on what you want in a vehicle, for example the Tl is much more luxurious than the Tsx. Unlike the Honda EOD, parts are not in surplus, however in the event of unavailability of parts, substitutes can be found in other Honda products(like the 2004 European Honda Accord).Majority of my Tsx's maintenance takes place @ Oyinbo. Feel free to ask anything which might be of help to you.Cheers
Re: Acura TL 04/5 And Acura TSX 05 Which Is More Economical And Beta To Use In Naija by dregun: 12:21am On Nov 25, 2012
jodeci01: Well i currently drive a 2004 Tsx, and i can tell you i get about 400-550 km on each fill up which is probably higher than its TL counterpart. It all depends on what you want in a vehicle, for example the Tl is much more luxurious than the Tsx. Unlike the Honda EOD, parts are not in surplus, however in the event of unavailability of parts, substitutes can be found in other Honda pWell i currently drive a 2004 Tsx, and i can tell you i get about 400-550 km on each fill up which is probably higher than its TL counterpart. It all depends on what you want in a vehicle, for example the Tl is much more luxurious than the Tsx. Unlike the Honda EOD, parts are not in surplus, however in the event of unavailability of parts, substitutes can be found in other Honda products(like the 2004 European Honda Accord).Majority of my Tsx's maintenance takes place @ Oyinbo. Feel free to ask anything which might be of help to you.Cheers
i also use an 04 tsx...pls where in oyingbo do u do d maintenance, i nid a gud mech' 2 check an issue with my car...tnx
Re: Acura TL 04/5 And Acura TSX 05 Which Is More Economical And Beta To Use In Naija by Areaboy2(m): 2:04am On Nov 25, 2012
I guess the TSX is simply a European Honda Accord base with some extra luxury features for american market. Never had one nor test driven

TL on the other hand is an entirely different platform and chock-a-block full of Luxury options of which you just cant go wrong. The range you identified is the 3rd generation TL which is one of the best looking TL out there (the new ones are just ugly angry )
It comes standard with a 5-speed semi-automatic gearbox and a 3.2litre v6 v-tech motor. A great engine to say the least and not as high on the fuel demand as you might think. I had a V6 eod before that TL and they both consumed about thesame (not minding the honda having a smaller engine of 3.0). Between 250 - 350km at each full tank depending on your driving style
If you must get a TL, I'll advice on the 06 model due to its improved reliability compared to all pre "Type-S" models

oh and take it from me, the 225wt 5.1 surround-sound audio in a TL is just heaven. It also plays DVD audio for that full 5.1 surround experience

It all comes down to your budget. The TSX will be cheaper than a TL and easier to maintain however the TL moves up a notch to that mid-size luxury sedan you've always wanted.

it is important to note that these are all Honda products and a decent Honda Technician will know what he is doing. Secondly, you don't take any action until you run diagnostics. So, as far as the TSX or the TL goes, they will require the same amount of care when it comes to mechanics and roughly the same basic parts as a Honda accord

1 Like

Re: Acura TL 04/5 And Acura TSX 05 Which Is More Economical And Beta To Use In Naija by Pinkie9ja: 2:31pm On Nov 25, 2012
dregun: i also use an 04 tsx...pls where in oyingbo do u do d maintenance, i nid a gud mech' 2 check an issue with my car...tnx
Wasiu - 08060120170 08023423978 a bit expensive but i feel comfortable with him handling my Tsx, whats your email i'd like to verify a few things about your car

(1) (Reply)

Mobil 1 0w-30 Vs Total Quartz 7000 10w-40, Vs Liquimoly 10w-40 Video / Which Car Is Most Common On Naija Road? / What Next With This Honda Accord.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.