Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,150 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

What Next With This Honda Accord. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Next With This Honda Accord. (4532 Views)

This Honda Is Available For 900k,call 08137196991 / This Honda's Sports EV Concept Is An Old-School Electric S2000 Sports Car / This Honda Urban EV Concept Car Looks Like An Old Car, But Inside Is Heavenly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Next With This Honda Accord. by Eldemmi(m): 9:06pm On Dec 10, 2020
so I missed buying a good and neatly maintain Honda Accord 2004 from a fellow nairaland ( babadee to be precise) this is because of endsars protest..

so later I resume the search , contact different sellers I couldn't get something like the one I missed. I was about to give up and resume next year then I just saw another ad on jiji obviously I have been skipping the ad for long time. I contacted the seller ask about is real price and I gave mine ..we agreed to meet on Monday.
some of the things I want in this Accord are ,audio system with dual climate control, leather seats. etc..

The day came we met and checked the car , renegotiated and took d car back..

of course it is a used car there must be things to fix .. just to let you know we traveled like 50miles to meet d seller and took the car without hiccups with full A.C..

some of the things that need to be changed : back absorbers
front bumper
boot and tank cover not controlling
sand protector passenger side
rear seat leather need refurbishing I can still manage d front ones.
minor dent on driver rear side..
engine mounts need replacement
I want to personally restore to factory settings
coolant,fan and thermostat.

some positive side of the car:
no rust on body and underneath,
engine is a tokunbo engine,
transmission select smoothly,
all buttons and control working very well on the car ,
the body is good
AC system is superb..

3 Likes

Re: What Next With This Honda Accord. by Eldemmi(m): 9:12pm On Dec 10, 2020
I will try to furnish us with d pictures tomorrow.

if you have any questions, suggestions, corrections or complaints feel free to drop them.
Re: What Next With This Honda Accord. by DukeNija(m): 9:53pm On Dec 10, 2020
Eldemmi:
I will try to furnish us with d pictures tomorrow.

if you have any questions, suggestions, corrections or complaints feel free to drop them.

Not a bad buy really albeit that depends on the price tag. Fix the engine mount, back shocks, boot and fuel door lash and install an OEM thermostat because I’m pretty certain there’s none in the new engine(typical 9ja mechanics). As for the body work, you can always save up for that later.
Re: What Next With This Honda Accord. by Kanoski(m): 11:09pm On Dec 10, 2020
Would you recommend that Honda for someone earning less than 100k monthly.. If its toks
Re: What Next With This Honda Accord. by osato45: 10:16am On Dec 11, 2020
Yes but get a i4 cylinder, to get slightly better mpg, keep money for repairs due to wear and tear, if the car is toks, service every 3k miles with 5w20 oil, use honda DW1 genuine transmission oil when you want to change transmission oil. Pay attention to sounds coming from the front two tires, so you know when your ball joints go bad.

1 Like

Re: What Next With This Honda Accord. by Babadee1900(m): 11:02am On Dec 11, 2020
Eldemmi:
so I missed buying a good and neatly maintain Honda Accord 2004 from a fellow nairaland ( babadee to be precise) this is because of endsars protest..

so later I resume the search , contact different sellers I couldn't get something like the one I missed. I was about to give up and resume next year then I just saw another ad on jiji obviously I have been skipping the ad for long time. I contacted the seller ask about is real price and I gave mine ..we agreed to meet on Monday.
some of the things I want in this Accord are ,audio system with dual climate control, leather seats. etc..

The day came we met and checked the car , renegotiated and took d car back..

of course it is a used car there must be things to fix .. just to let you know we traveled like 50miles to meet d seller and took the car without hiccups with full A.C..

some of the things that need to be changed : back absorbers
front bumper
boot and tank cover not controlling
sand protector passenger side
rear seat leather need refurbishing I can still manage d front ones.
minor dent on driver rear side..
engine mounts need replacement
I want to personally restore to factory settings
coolant,fan and thermostat.

some positive side of the car:
no rust on body and underneath,
engine is a tokunbo engine,
transmission select smoothly,
all buttons and control working very well on the car ,
the body is good
AC system is superb..
Glad you were able to get a good unit. Enjoy your ride boss.

1 Like

Re: What Next With This Honda Accord. by Eldemmi(m): 6:45pm On Dec 11, 2020
as I promise.

Re: What Next With This Honda Accord. by Eldemmi(m): 6:47pm On Dec 11, 2020

1 Like

Re: What Next With This Honda Accord. by Eldemmi(m): 6:55pm On Dec 11, 2020
Kanoski:
Would you recommend that Honda for someone earning less than 100k monthly..
If its toks

yes bro, with your Tok option u already finished it...
even a well maintained naija used is not bad for ur income but it may be scarce to get.
Re: What Next With This Honda Accord. by Eldemmi(m): 6:58pm On Dec 11, 2020
Babadee1900:
Glad you were able to get a good unit. Enjoy your ride boss.

thank you boss, please can I use total red coolant , then what are some tips u get for me.
Re: What Next With This Honda Accord. by Babadee1900(m): 7:50pm On Dec 11, 2020
Eldemmi:

thank you boss, please can I use total red coolant , then what are some tips u get for me.
If your can afford to buy the Honda Genuine coolant, you’d be better off. It costs between 13k to 30k on Jumia.

Through out my ownership, I only had to top up the factory coolant with 1Litre abro coolant, Honda coolant is blueish so I don’t know if the red coolant will serve you; pls seek expert opinion.

As for tips: Stick to manufacturer recommended fluid, majorly the tranny fluid. Guess yours is ‘05 from the picture uploaded so no worries about transmission problem.

Do not buy new ball joint/shaft except you are ordering from Amazon/EBay/RockAuto. Buy Toks from Oyingbo if you are in Lagos

The car will serve you greatly if you take care of it. I miss mine everyday cry

3 Likes

Re: What Next With This Honda Accord. by Eldemmi(m): 8:16pm On Dec 11, 2020
Babadee1900:
If your can afford to buy the Honda Genuine coolant, you’d be better off. It costs between 13k to 30k on Jumia.

Through out my ownership, I only had to top up the factory coolant with 1Litre abro coolant, Honda coolant is blueish so I don’t know if the red coolant will serve you; pls seek expert opinion.

As for tips: Stick to manufacturer recommended fluid, majorly the tranny fluid. Guess yours is ‘05 from the picture uploaded so no worries about transmission problem.

Do not buy new ball joint/shaft except you are ordering from Amazon/EBay/RockAuto. Buy Toks from Oyingbo if you are in Lagos

The car will serve you greatly if you take care of it. I miss mine everyday cry

thank boss, it is 05
I will seek expert opinion on d coolant issues , I will be ordering ball joints from oyingbo if I can't get used from USA.

the car is already serving me now am getting addicted self. from Monday till today I have racked up 200+ miles..
Re: What Next With This Honda Accord. by Eldemmi(m): 8:19pm On Dec 11, 2020
DukeNija:

Not a bad buy really albeit that depends on the price tag. Fix the engine mount, back shocks, boot and fuel door lash and install an OEM thermostat because I’m pretty certain there’s none in the new engine(typical 9ja mechanics). As for the body work, you can always save up for that later.

thanks boss the car is very good more than the price self..
I have fixed the mounts, boot and fuel door lash...
only thermostat and coolant remain..
Re: What Next With This Honda Accord. by Eldemmi(m): 8:21pm On Dec 11, 2020

Re: What Next With This Honda Accord. by Eldemmi(m): 8:27pm On Dec 11, 2020
I get heated seats on d car, the previous owner just bought three tokunbo tyres. the fourth one is good already,

those stain on car windshield and bonnet are from wedding decorations by the previous user..I will clear them tommorow...

oya my bosses 9icetoo, adanny01, Uboma, piyke, you don get new member.
please pay me my due sirs..lol

1 Like

Re: What Next With This Honda Accord. by Babadee1900(m): 8:37pm On Dec 11, 2020
Eldemmi:

thank boss, it is 05
I will seek expert opinion on d coolant issues , I will be ordering ball joints from oyingbo if I can't get used from USA.

the car is already serving me now am getting addicted self. from Monday till today I have racked up 200+ miles..
I’m happy for you. Keep enjoying your ride boss.

Feel free to contact me if you need to. cool
Re: What Next With This Honda Accord. by Babadee1900(m): 8:41pm On Dec 11, 2020
Eldemmi:
I get heated seats on d car, the previous owner just bought three tokunbo tyres. the fourth one is good already,

those stain on car windshield and bonnet are from wedding decorations by the previous user..I will clear them tommorow
The heated seat is everything! It really helped during my Uber days. Anytime I feel cramps due to spending too much time in traffic, I simply press the button and all is well cool

2 Likes

Re: What Next With This Honda Accord. by melviniyke2002(m): 9:07pm On Dec 11, 2020
Babadee1900:
I’m happy for you. Keep enjoying your ride boss.

Feel free to contact me if you need to. cool
u be better person... GOD bless u

2 Likes

Re: What Next With This Honda Accord. by DukeNija(m): 9:14pm On Dec 11, 2020
Eldemmi:

thanks boss the car is very good more than the price self..
I have fixed the mounts, boot and fuel door lash...
only thermostat and coolant remain..

Please buy brand new Thermostat or don’t buy at all. And make sure it’s OEM (original).
Re: What Next With This Honda Accord. by Babadee1900(m): 9:28pm On Dec 11, 2020
melviniyke2002:
Amen cool
...and you too.

1 Like

Re: What Next With This Honda Accord. by uboma(m): 12:35am On Dec 12, 2020
Congratulations.

She will serve you well. Take good care of her though.
Re: What Next With This Honda Accord. by Eldemmi(m): 7:10am On Dec 12, 2020
uboma:
Congratulations.
She will serve you well. Take good care of her though.
thanks boss... God blessings and protection and on us.
Re: What Next With This Honda Accord. by Eldemmi(m): 7:12am On Dec 12, 2020
melviniyke2002:

In short despite never seeing him physically I know I met someone unique,generous and honest.... may God keep blessing him and you too. amin

3 Likes

Re: What Next With This Honda Accord. by Eldemmi(m): 8:21am On Dec 12, 2020
DukeNija:

Please buy brand new Thermostat or don’t buy at all. And make sure it’s OEM (original).

I check Amazon today different brands just pop up, can u give me a recommendation .
Re: What Next With This Honda Accord. by Eldemmi(m): 8:51am On Dec 12, 2020
Babadee1900:
Amen cool
...and you too.

boss, those coolant on jumia is confusing some have deep blue keg some have light blue keg ..any indication for being original or fake.
Re: What Next With This Honda Accord. by Babadee1900(m): 9:10am On Dec 12, 2020
Eldemmi:

boss, those coolant on jumia is confusing some have deep blue keg some have light blue keg ..any indication for being original or fake.
Buy this one.

1 Like

Re: What Next With This Honda Accord. by DukeNija(m): 10:51am On Dec 12, 2020
Eldemmi:

I check Amazon today different brands just pop up, can u give me a recommendation .

Contact @radauto they have it here in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: What Next With This Honda Accord. by Piyke: 12:07pm On Dec 12, 2020
Eldemmi:

those stain on car windshield and bonnet are from wedding decorations by the previous user..I will clear them tommorow...

oya my bosses 9icetoo, adanny01, Uboma, piyke, you don get new member.

Congrats on getting your new Accord! Wishing you all the best. Feel free to reach out.

1 Like

Re: What Next With This Honda Accord. by Eldemmi(m): 1:41pm On Dec 12, 2020
Babadee1900:
Buy this one.
ok thanks
Re: What Next With This Honda Accord. by Eldemmi(m): 1:42pm On Dec 12, 2020
Piyke:

Congrats on getting your new Accord! Wishing you all the best. Feel free to reach out.

thanks chief
Re: What Next With This Honda Accord. by ITbomb(m): 4:30pm On Dec 12, 2020
Get the towing van number on your speed dial

Nice car
Re: What Next With This Honda Accord. by duality(m): 1:59pm On Dec 13, 2020
Nice ride. Like how much you buy am

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can I Use 5W30 Engine Oil In Place Of 5W20 In 2003 Honda Accord? / Acura TL 04/5 And Acura TSX 05 Which Is More Economical And Beta To Use In Naija / Between Honda (evil Spirit) And Toyota Camry ( Muscle)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.