Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,908 members, 7,835,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Female Priests And "Bishops": Did Dey Exist In The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Female Priests And "Bishops": Did Dey Exist In The Bible? (636 Views)

Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. / Unmasking The Anti-Christ Pastors And Bishops Of The Present Day Church / Antichrist Pastors And Bishops In The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Priests And "Bishops": Did Dey Exist In The Bible? by abohrandy: 7:55am On Nov 22, 2012
okay please i am not talking about the laissez-faire church atmosphere we have in Nigeria. its not a part of my consideration in this case.(My opinion grin)

i am across some articles saying stuff about the Anglican Church aka Anglican Church is in some kind of crises coz they are dragging weda to have female bishops or not. so my question is what is this religion based on? is it the bible we (christians) all read abi they edited deir own bibles. to me, a female evangelist is okay but i dont recall any woman having a place of authority in the bible.

Come to think of it, they even had to vote over the matter!! R these dudes kidding me or sth? and while the top guns r in uk dragging the matter our brudas in Swaziland have already consecrated one babe as bishop. shocked like seriously??

well here are the articles
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/22/world/europe/church-of-england-rejects-appointing-female-bishops.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/20/church-of-england-rejects-women-bishops_n_2167039.html
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/swaziland-female-anglican-bishop-17761656#.UK3IM6BJo4A
Re: Female Priests And "Bishops": Did Dey Exist In The Bible? by Chukwuemeka007(m): 8:26am On Nov 22, 2012
I think d bill has already been passed in England. Nd Swaziland has produced Africa's first Bishop. But i dnt think this is right o. undecided
Re: Female Priests And "Bishops": Did Dey Exist In The Bible? by ijawkid(m): 8:44am On Nov 22, 2012
No they didn't ........there were no female priests or a bishop mrs.......

Only prophetesses existed....services and duties in the temple or church were strictly for the men.........

1 Like

Re: Female Priests And "Bishops": Did Dey Exist In The Bible? by abohrandy: 7:54pm On Nov 22, 2012
Chukwuemeka007: I think d bill has already been passed in England. Nd Swaziland has produced Africa's first Bishop. But i dnt think this is right o. undecided

it wasnt passed oh!! they sed they are styl dragging the matter except dis na latest development!!

(1) (Reply)

Blasphemy? / A Message To Atheists! / Thoughts On Bishop Oydepo's Demonic Claim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.