Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,605 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG (14941 Views)

Power Distribution Firms Reject Supply From Generating Plants / Pictures From 2013 Lagos Carnival / Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by lukecent: 6:26pm On Nov 22, 2012
OkwaIfugo: please is Anambra State among the 9 cities?
Plz, is Anambra a state or a city?
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by segunojas(m): 6:36pm On Nov 22, 2012
God wil make it possible IJN
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 22, 2012
omicron: Rubbish. The world "promise" doesn't really mean anything to politicians, does it? These people will always think Nigerians are morons abi. 2013 is just 40 days away and just like that, 9 unknown cities in Nigeria will begin to have uninterrupted power. It is only during seminars, church services and similar 'social' gatherings that our leaders would say what they are planning to do. GEJ had to answer a question on power and he was beating about the bush. Few days later one man in his cabinet is authoritatively telling us 9 cities will begin to have uninterrupted power in 40 days' time. Smh. I refuse to feel insulted. Mind you, this is not unbelief....I know cheap and reckless talk when I here one.
it will be a GREAT SHAME on GEJ if, by end of this tenure, he fails to gives us 24hr power supply.
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 22, 2012
Red-Light:

u dnt judge industrial city by large scale enterprises buh small and medium scale enterprises.. Thats why lagos and ibadan is the two most recognised city in the south west when it comes to small and medium scales industries.. SSEs & MSEs run nigeria economy and they need electricity more than large scale industries.. Most large scale industries dnt even rely on public electricity ... Besides talk of large scale.. Ibadan has many large industry more than agbara and agbara is not a city parse

True. Apart from ota and Agbara, there are also places with factories in Ogun; places like Isagamu and Ijebu Ode, if you have been there before.
When we talk about state, I think Ogun surpass Oyo. But as for cities, Ibadan takes the lead over any city in ogun
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by 2sexy(m): 6:45pm On Nov 22, 2012
centje: it will be a GREAT SHAME on GEJ if, by end of this tenure, he fails to gives us 24hr power supply.
[size=20pt]And surely, he will fail to do that.[/size]
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 22, 2012
Red-Light:

am not disputing it nw.. We are both on the same page nw..
U forgot to add the likes of

foodco
yale
sumal
fuman juice etc

Yes indeed.
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 22, 2012
2sexy: [size=20pt]And surely, he will fail to do that.[/size]
i still have hope he can...lets see how he performs in that sector from 2013 to middle of 2014.
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by realsammie(m): 7:03pm On Nov 22, 2012
In a country with more than 2000 cites, and you are telling me that only 9 will bebefit power, na wa o. Only LAGOS state go get everythin na.
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by 2sexy(m): 8:22pm On Nov 22, 2012
centje: i still have hope he can...lets see how he performs in that sector from 2013 to middle of 2014.
I dont have any hope... I would rather spare that energy for something much worthwhile.

I never voted for him because I saw all this coming...
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by PastorOla1: 9:09pm On Nov 22, 2012
Be ready we shall all move to where there is power, we are waiting please!
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 22, 2012
2sexy: I dont have any hope... I would rather spare that energy for something much worthwhile.

I never voted for him because I saw all this coming...
you know nothing can be done,he remains the president. In the history of nigerian politics incumbent president has never bn unseated.
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by omicron(m): 9:17pm On Nov 22, 2012
centje: it will be a GREAT SHAME on GEJ if, by end of this tenure, he fails to gives us 24hr power supply.
I hope your hopes are not high cos There is no sign of that yet
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by antontech(m): 9:17pm On Nov 22, 2012
2sexy: Bro, I am sorry if my comments irritates the eyes, but I just cant bear the rage wherein you see people selling their souls because of money. where has all this led us apart from accumulated pain and affliction on people in their daily routings?

Just take a look at his previous post and you will see the truth which I am trying say here. Maybe my approach is wrong, and I am really sorry for this.

I know of a guy who during the PDP reign in EDO stated who was continously used to oppress in powerless, he was used as one of those touts to steal ballot boxes during elections. It even got bad that PDP would charter busess and they will carry these set of people to other neighbouring states to rig election.

What was the result of all this? people were suffering everyday and the then Edo State governor was just ripping the state off. He so painted a picture that we never thought that Edo State has the money to even rehabilitate roads talkless of constructing or building a new one.

Sure people where paid to help them carry out their nefarious acts at the expense of the masses. Lucky Igbinedion was busy erecting building for his own private use, his father on the other hand at one time traveled to London, South Africa and then finally came to Nigeria to celebrate birth day, just birthday. He celebrate in London, South Africa before coming to Nigeria to celebrate another one. That was the money looted by his son which he used to feed his birthday attendants.

Back in Benin, we thought Edo State is very poor. Who would have thought that there was any money to do any of the things Oshiomole has done so far? Who would have thought that any good could come out of Edo State today.

Nigeria is no different There are people who are being paid to deceive Nigerians while they loot money into banks unheard of.I know how my ads I have seen online promoting Diezani Alison Madueke and Goodluck Jonathan as good whereas we know they are not perfoming... I have copies of those ads because I downloaded them whenever I see any. The people doing this by collecting money from the monkies are worse than the devil themselves.

They cry with us and sell us behind... while we suffer.

We all know that this power supply issue that is being discussed here will never materialise, yet one ba5tard is here telling us that everything is in place and already implemented.

The guy whom I said was used to rig elections and oppress the powerless in the state, he did not last but he died from an unexpected illness.

[size=20pt]GOD IS WATCHING YOU WHO GET PAID TO DECIEVE NIGERIANS and in your time, The DEVIL SERVE YOU A CUP OF COFFEE[/size]

That is all I have to say...

Whether u agree or not,power supply in my area has improved to a level i hv not seen since i was born.By the way my area is akaboedoji uruagu nnewi anambra state.
You people cannot appreciate the little he has done but rather u continue to critise him.
If you listened to what he said during the last sunday media chat..he said Nigeria should judge him and his cabinet by May 29th 2015. Let me make you a promise,this is to u and 2sexy....BOTH OF YOU WILL WHICH FOR GOODLUCK TO CONTEST COME 2015.
May God keep us Nigeria together...Amen.
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by PEREP: 11:27pm On Nov 22, 2012
2sexy:
[size=25pt]
SHUT UP... YOU ARE A F00L... People should take a look at his profile to see his previous post. It is very clear you are paid to promote propaganda. Your GENERATION WILL NEVER KNOW PEACE. BA5TARD![/size]

Pls how does his faith in this matter a problem for you? If you disagree, give your views and move on.
If we now have 15 - 17 hour out of 24 hrs, is that not improvement?
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by omowest1: 6:06am On Nov 23, 2012
manny4life:

The way a lot of you kirk out on NL is just baffling, insulting him isn't enough, it's his family/generations right? Can the fathers eat grapes and the children's be set on edge? Read that bible passage, you who curse his own generation that knows nothing about his own sins will surely be cursed. Keep that that the back of your mind when next you're cursing someone's generation.

.... Hey shut up ur mouth and move to religous section, Nigeria will not move forward untill you stop qouting Bible and Quran to support political matters in this kountry... My stand
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by chineds(m): 8:08am On Nov 23, 2012
Na wa o for we Nigerians ooo. Is it that we dont understand Simple English or is it that we are always tipsy to see what people write. From what they are proposing here, they only mean 12hours uninterrupted power supply. I dont know where una dey see this 24hrs oo! Or did anybody actually say 24hrs in a day? Please lets not be emphasizing the FUTURE IMPOSSIBLE TENSE. This is Nigeria
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by godlovesemmy: 10:10am On Nov 23, 2012
frankly, if Nigeria can't attain constant power even in the major cities by the end of GEJ's tenure, then this tenure should be termed a failure because we cannot see any other milestone achievement the government has done.
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by usher3176: 11:03am On Nov 23, 2012
Rather said and done.
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by ebere1712: 2:31pm On Nov 23, 2012
Mad Cow: Rivers State has been begging the Federal Government to remove her from the National Grid and allow her generate and distribute its own electricity..

9 Industrialized Cities.. Last time I checked, outside of;

1. Lagos (Lagos State)- Industrialized.

2. Port-Harcourt (RIVERS STATE)- Industrialized

3. Nnewi (Anambra) - Industrialized

4. Aba (Abia) - Partially Industrialized. (More commercial than it is industrialized.)

Which other state can truly claim to be industrialized. Maybe add one of the Northern States where Dangote must have some Factories, that makes it 5. Where else is industrialized?!

Funny country..

This message has no sponsors.. For advert & sponsorship placement, Call MAD COW on +666 700 419

Dude if aba is not industralised, then lagos is just a village with head offices.
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by chino11(m): 3:22pm On Nov 23, 2012
Idustrialized Nigerian cities in order of importance:

Lagos

Port Harcourt

Onitsha

Kano

Nnewi

Warri

Aba (partly, mostly commercial)

Ogun (Agbara, Ota)
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by Ngwakwe: 4:06pm On Nov 23, 2012
chino11: Idustrialized Nigerian cities in order of importance:

Lagos

Port Harcourt

Onitsha

Kano

Nnewi

Warri

Ogun (Agbara, Ota)

You don't know Aba very well. It is the most Federally planned Industrial City in the whole Old Eastern Region.
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by Ngwakwe: 4:08pm On Nov 23, 2012

Lagos

Port Harcourt

Onitsha

Kano

Nnewi

Warri

Ogun (Agbara, Ota)

You don't know Aba very well. It is the most Federally planned Industrial City in the whole Old Eastern Region
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by Abagworo(m): 8:16pm On Nov 23, 2012

Lagos

Port Harcourt

Onitsha

Kano

Nnewi

Warri

Ogun (Agbara, Ota)

Aba is well industrialized more than Port Harcourt. You need to travel out a bit or read more of your books. Only the Umuehilegbu industrial shoe cluster has a registered membership of over 40,000. No other single industrial cluster in Nigeria has such number of direct membership. Find out a single other city that produces what we use everyday like Omo, Palm olive, Tura, Imperial leather, Heineken, Guiness stout, Star etc Coca cola and 7up also have plants there. The only other cities of that category are just Lagos and Ibadan. Forget about boasting or your own personal feelings and face reality.
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by chino11(m): 9:09pm On Nov 23, 2012
^

My friend get out of here, how many of those industries are still functional and that is if they really exist at all in the first place? You always reason from your a/n/u/s. Aba does not even have half of industries that operate in Nnewi alone..
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by ebere1712: 9:52pm On Nov 23, 2012
Chino thinks like an mgbati. Onitsha is commerce and we are proud of it. Nnewi is manufacturing and we are proud of it. However Aba is the manufatcuring capital of Nigeria. Whether you like it or not.
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by Abagworo(m): 12:30am On Nov 24, 2012
chino11: ^

My friend get out of here, how many of those industries are still functional and that is if they really exist at all in the first place? You always reason from your a/n/u/s. Aba does not even have half of industries that operate in Nnewi alone..

@bolded. Do you wish for the industries to stop functioning? I actually don't know why it hurts you whenever another Igbo State that is not yours is better in anything. You try as much to talk other Igbo States and cities down. Anyway keep living in a fools paradise. "Anaghi eji aka ekpuchi afo ime".

Nigerian Breweries Plc
Lagos, Aba, Kaduna, Ibadan and Ama(Enugu) regions in Nigeria, and a malting plant in Aba region. The company is headquartered in Iganmu, Lagos, Nigeria. Two factories in Aba.

Guiness
Ogba, Benin and Aba.

UNILEVER NIGERIA PLC
Aba, Agbara and Oregun

Neimeth/Pfizer
Aba

PZ Cussons
Ilupeju, Ikorodu, Aba
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by EkoAtlantic1(f): 1:40am On Nov 24, 2012
ebere1712: Chino thinks like an mgbati. Onitsha is commerce and we are proud of it. Nnewi is manufacturing and we are proud of it. However Aba is the manufatcuring capital of Nigeria. Whether you like it or not.

This is wonderfully laughable grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Deceit of the highest order

Here is the thing:

Ikeja(Lagos)

Ketu,Ojota(Lagos)

Ikorodu(Lagos)

Island(Lagos)

Eko Atlantic city(Lagos)

Ota(Ogun)

Agbara(Ogun)

Ibadan(Oyo)

Ilorin(Kwara)

Oya kill yourself tongue
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by ebere1712: 6:26am On Nov 24, 2012
Eko Atlantic#:

This is wonderfully laughable grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Deceit of the highest order

Here is the thing:

Ikeja(Lagos)

Ketu,Ojota(Lagos)

Ikorodu(Lagos)

Island(Lagos)

Eko Atlantic city(Lagos)

Ota(Ogun)

Agbara(Ogun)

Ibadan(Oyo)

Ilorin(Kwara)

Oya kill yourself tongue
You manufacture everything but yet still shit in polythene bags even in lagos. Even lagos doesn't build shit. Take away non-productive headquarters and Nigerian sea port; and watch it become another ibadan in the making. Keep deceiving yourselves.
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by EkoAtlantic1(f): 9:46am On Nov 24, 2012
ebere1712:
You manufacture everything but yet still shit in polythene bags even in lagos. Even lagos doesn't build shit. Take away non-productive headquarters and Nigerian sea port; and watch it become another ibadan in the making. Keep deceiving yourselves.

Jealousy, omo Igbo. Erosion ridden jungle craft man. tongue
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by Abagworo(m): 11:30am On Nov 24, 2012
I think this explains it all for those looking to know the 9 cities. The 1st three is "Abuja"(As FCT), Lagos and Aba.

Minister of Power, Prof. Barth Nnaji, said in Lagos yesterday that by next year Lagos, Aba and Federal Capital Territory (FCT) would enjoy 24 hours uninterrupted power supply while Nnewi, Onisha, Kano, Ibadan, Port Harcourt, Maiduguri and Kaduna are to enjoy the same facility between 2014 and 2015.

Speaking in Lagos during a two-day workshop organized by the Ministry of Trade and Investment, Nnaji said the 10 cluster cities were mapped out because of their industrialized nature.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201205150771.html/
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by chino24: 5:22pm On Dec 05, 2012
Hmmmmm
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by Kobojunkie: 5:24pm On Dec 05, 2012
Red-Light:
Tales of the m0onlight (ijapa and yanibo climbs mount everest in 2hrs)

ROFLMAO!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lebanese Suspects Planned To Bomb Israeli Embassy In Nigeria / My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle / Ondo: Buhari, Jegede, PDP Congratulate Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.