Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,426 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG (14921 Views)

Power Distribution Firms Reject Supply From Generating Plants / Pictures From 2013 Lagos Carnival / Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by PaulJohn1: 11:51am On Nov 22, 2012

As part of efforts to make Nigeria the preferred foreign investment
destination in Africa, the Federal Government has disclosed that it is
working hard to make sure the country’s 9 industrial cities begin to
have 24- hour power supply from 2013.

Minister of Trade and Investment, Olusegun Aganga disclosed this on
Thursday at the launch of Products and Services Listing and Monitoring
Programme (ProServe) organised by the Consumer Protection Council
(CPC) in Abuja.

Following the charge by President Goodluck Jonathan that all ministers
must also sign Performance Contracts with permanent secretaries and
heads of parastatals under them, Aganga revealed that he would start
by signing performance contracts with Directors- General of Standard
Organisation of Nigeria (SON) and Consumer Protection Council (CPC),
Joseph Odumodu and Mrs Ify Umenyi respectively.

According to Aganga, he would give the two officials till 2013 to
reduce the presence of substandard products in the market to at most
15 percent.

Aganga said that the move was in line with his resolve to implement
the noble policies of the Federal Government in his ministry.

The policies, he said, were aimed at making Nigeria the preferred
investment destination in Africa.

He noted that the Federal Government had identified the key challenges
troubling the investment climate, adding that Minister of Power, Prof
Barth Nnaji had promised the Federal Executive Council (FEC) that
uninterrupted power would be restored to the 9 industrial cities by

“The Minister of Power while signing the Performance Contract with the
President has promised to restore uninterrupted power supply to the 9
industrial cities by next year,” he said.

Reiterating government’s plea to Nigerians to patronize made in
Nigeria products in order to grow the local industries and create jobs
locally, Aganga pledged government’s determination to revive the
petrochemical and mining industries.
Nigerian consumers, he said, had the right to consume quality products
which they purchase with their money, charging SON and CPC to not only
back but also bite and wipe out fake products from the market.

Speaking earlier, CPC boss, Mrs Umenyi said Proserve “is designed to
introduce a listing regime that would require all genuine
manufacturers and certified service providers in all sectors of the
Nigerian economy to enlist their products and services for proper
monitoring by the Council.”

According to her, Proserve is also intended to be used as a strong
instrument towards ensuring the certification of all products and
services by the national standards body and sector specific
regulators.

http://nigeriarising.com.ng/sector-report/infrastructure/9-industrial-cities-to-enjoyuninterrupted-power-supply-from-2013/

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/citiesll-have-24-hour-electricity-supply-by-2013-jonathan/

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=70254
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by k2039: 11:58am On Nov 22, 2012
Frankly it's not realistic.
I cant see the plan to achieve it.
Talk is cheap,this is not the first time he will be making empty promises and I'm sure this wont be the last.
Since Prof Barth left office,electricity has been nothing to write home about in my area.

Mr President,for once can we be realistic and not just following some simulations that have not been tested to work in real life situation.
Obviously I think your advisers are to theoretical,they are not being practical.

I just dont see this working

4 Likes

Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by member9: 12:18pm On Nov 22, 2012
Well that's one thing this administration is known for..
Yarning dust.

8 Likes

Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by PaulJohn1: 12:33pm On Nov 22, 2012
جيمس بوند: Well that's one thing this administration is known for..
Yarning dust.

Have a little faith

1 Like

Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by TableLeg(m): 1:21pm On Nov 22, 2012
Nonsense|
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by RedLight1: 1:27pm On Nov 22, 2012
Tales of the m0onlight (ijapa and yanibo climbs mount everest in 2hrs)

3 Likes

Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 22, 2012
Thank God...at least we get HOPE

1 Like

Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by adicious(m): 1:28pm On Nov 22, 2012
2013 is 40days time o! Do these people know what they are saying?
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by bright007(f): 1:29pm On Nov 22, 2012
9 industrialised cities?...I bet Maiduguri is number one on d list....that is d only place I know they manufacture bombs in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by cyril83(m): 1:31pm On Nov 22, 2012
Thought this prof barth nnaji has tendered his resignation letter sometimes ago

1 Like

Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by taharqa: 1:31pm On Nov 22, 2012
I have COMPLETE faith in this....the action plans are already in place, and the signs are already there

1 Like

Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by omicron(m): 1:32pm On Nov 22, 2012
Rubbish. The world "promise" doesn't really mean anything to politicians, does it? These people will always think Nigerians are morons abi. 2013 is just 40 days away and just like that, 9 unknown cities in Nigeria will begin to have uninterrupted power. It is only during seminars, church services and similar 'social' gatherings that our leaders would say what they are planning to do. GEJ had to answer a question on power and he was beating about the bush. Few days later one man in his cabinet is authoritatively telling us 9 cities will begin to have uninterrupted power in 40 days' time. Smh. I refuse to feel insulted. Mind you, this is not unbelief....I know cheap and reckless talk when I hear one.

8 Likes

Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by Maxymilliano(m): 1:32pm On Nov 22, 2012
Hope industrial cities like Sango Ota and Agbara will enjoy the uninterrupted power supply, we need a dose of fresh air in that axis.
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by amobii: 1:32pm On Nov 22, 2012
How I wish this cabal in power can just suprise us on amenities without saying someting. Empty promises all the time. O gaoooo

1 Like

Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by taharqa: 1:33pm On Nov 22, 2012
I have COMPLETE faith in this....the action plans are already in place, and the signs (progressively better power) are already there.. #Keepingtheprocessonitsfeet

1 Like

Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by Slyp: 1:35pm On Nov 22, 2012
Nigerians have enogh reason not to believe whatever promise made by the fg
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by Nwaoguta(m): 1:39pm On Nov 22, 2012
Na today? Rubish
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by DANILSA(m): 1:40pm On Nov 22, 2012
WHICH NNAJI? THE ONE WEY DON RESIGN ABI THE ONE WEY DE? DIS NA OLD NEWS JARE undecided
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by kayo12: 1:42pm On Nov 22, 2012
taharqa: I have COMPLETE faith in this....the action plans are already in place, and the signs are already there

wonders what the signs are, perhaps in some people's accts or imaginations. Progress comes upon sincere acknowledgement of shortfalls, not talking for every occassion
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by Toheeb31(m): 1:46pm On Nov 22, 2012
All na wash
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by tunapawizzy: 1:47pm On Nov 22, 2012
which cities are the other 8 apart frm Lagos

1 Like

Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by slimfit1(m): 1:47pm On Nov 22, 2012
I feel sorry for our future in this country. The youths of this country are sleeping by the time we wake up I hope the world would not have left us behind far behind. I just pray my unborn kids wouldn't look at me like a complete failure as I see my own father who couldn't stand up to die for my future.we are letting generation that don't care about this country govern us. A selfish generation rule us? We need a change fellow youths, otherwise we would end up like Somalia at a fast rate.
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by onyxo76(m): 1:48pm On Nov 22, 2012
so which are the industrial cities?
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by Dopefiend(m): 1:50pm On Nov 22, 2012
Too much talk nd no work. Btw, has prof.barth been restored to office, or dis is jst recycled news?
He noted that the Federal Government had identified the key challenges
troubling the investment climate, adding that Minister of Power, Prof
Barth Nnaji
had promised the Federal Executive Council (FEC) that
uninterrupted power would be restored to the 9 industrial cities by

“The Minister of Power while signing the Performance Contract with the
President has promised to restore uninterrupted power supply to the 9
industrial cities by next year,” he said.
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by OkwaIfugo(m): 1:50pm On Nov 22, 2012
please is Anambra State among the 9 cities?
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by tunapawizzy: 1:51pm On Nov 22, 2012
Toheeb31: All na wash
dis one pass wash....na bleach
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by taharqa: 1:59pm On Nov 22, 2012
kayo12:

wonders what the signs are, perhaps in some people's accts or imaginations. Progress comes upon sincere acknowledgement of shortfalls, not talking for every occassion
The signs you say? Maybe cos i have better power supply in my home than i ever had at any time in dis country apart from perhaps when i was a baby; maybe cos d generatd power hv increasd in 2 yrs from 2800MW to more than 4200MW; maybe cos d 10 power plants abandond by Yar'adua are eida complete or near completion; maybe cos some gas pipelines to supply gas to these plants hv bn constructd while odas are eida been constructd or in d 'pipelines'; maybe cos hundreds of Transmission and Distributn facilities that was also stalld by Yar'adua are currently going-on all across the country with a few of them completd and commissiond (you wont say u hvn't seen any of them in yr zone, wud you?); maybe cos d large chunk of PHCN hv been privatisd with preferrd bidders announcd and they hv already startd payments; maybe cos in 2 yrs the Power sector hv been LIBERALIZED for good cos of such reforms as reconstitutn of NERC, appointment of Gas Aggregator, appointment of Bulk Purchaser, providing Guarantee for Bulk power purchases, Appointment of a Power Liability Cop, etc (reforms that hv made it possible for oda players like State govts and private firms like Nnaji's Geometric to enter the power Generatn and Distributn mix) etc etc. Maybe these and oda signs that i hvn't even mentiond made me say that i hv 'COMPLETE faith' that smtime in 2013 there wud be uninterruptd supply to selectd cities Or smthing close to it... I hv never been dis hopeful about the Power Sector in Nigeria, NEVER; but i also said i wud continue to follow and keep d players on dier toes cos it is too damn IMPORTANT and almost within reach. You get?

8 Likes

Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by eggheaders(m): 2:04pm On Nov 22, 2012
story!story!!story!!!. once upon a time.time!time!!.the title of my story is we no chop lies joor.
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by elampiro(m): 2:08pm On Nov 22, 2012
2013 has 12 months.
Re: 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG by manny4life(m): 2:09pm On Nov 22, 2012
Well, unfortunately, they never listed the 9 industrial cities they spoke of...

OkwaIfugo: please is Anambra State among the 9 cities?

Ah, they said cities not states, probably, Onitsha and Nnewi will definitely be amongst the top nine cities because they're industrial.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Embarks On Massive Law Enforcement. / Governors, Traditional Rulers Demand Special Protection For SW's Economy / President Buhari Presides Over FEC Meeting, Swears-In NPC Members (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.