Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

To Fast On The 9th And 10th Of Muharram(23rd And 24th Nov.2012) - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / To Fast On The 9th And 10th Of Muharram(23rd And 24th Nov.2012) (9828 Views)

Why We Fast On 9th And 10th Muharram / 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious / Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Fast On The 9th And 10th Of Muharram(23rd And 24th Nov.2012) by BetaThings: 1:05am On Nov 23, 2012
fatadis: Must people comment on every topic, if you don't have any meaningful contribution is not better to remain silent. Nairaland is faceless but is not to Almighty Allah, every act will be rewarded accordingly no matter how small or big. Some people should be careful on there comments oooooo. I don talk my own.
Your advice is based on a hadith that shapes the manners and etiquette of muslims who are aware and conscious. Don't you think that that message is totally lost on those who have no code and follow only their desires?
Re: To Fast On The 9th And 10th Of Muharram(23rd And 24th Nov.2012) by BahPulo(f): 3:06am On Nov 23, 2012
You know what I am sick and tired of ignoring the trolls that continue to go in any muslim thread to insult muslims and their religion. I have try my best to ignore you people but it is starting to look like we are afraid of you. Here it's if you don't have anything nice to say Sh**t the hell *p. You don't have to comment especially if the topic being discussed does not concern you. I don't know the politic in nigeria regarding religious bickering but you people need to consult the way you talk about other people beliefs, you are always insulting and disrespecting us it needs to stop. I have lived and interacted with people from different backgrounds never have I seen people show so much intolerance like this website. Are you people telling me everything going wrong in your country is due to the muslims? Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: To Fast On The 9th And 10th Of Muharram(23rd And 24th Nov.2012) by BahPulo(f): 3:14am On Nov 23, 2012
BetaThings:
Your advice is based on a hadith that shapes the manners and etiquette of muslims who are aware and conscious. Don't you think that that message is totally lost on those who have no code and follow only their desires?

Not really his advice is based on human courtesy you don't have to be a muslim to know you are being mean and spitful even non religious people know that these people who comment for the sake of it know they can't talk to their interactions outside the net like this so why should they do it behind a computer? My grandma used to say if you are above 5 years old you should not say whatever crosses your mind before you think it through especially if it's not a nice thing. I know for a fact these trolls are above 5 so they should know better.

1 Like

Re: To Fast On The 9th And 10th Of Muharram(23rd And 24th Nov.2012) by olawalebabs(m): 5:15am On Nov 23, 2012
Jazzgreen: Ama fast in my Church dat day beggin God to help remov d sense of anger, killin and taste for blood from our dear muslim brothers. And help direct them to the part of life through d observance of the Lord Jesus christ. Cos i always smell danger after each Islamic fasting, there's always genocide after each fast.we'r still suffering from the violence after RAMADAN, now the wanna join another one. MAY GOD SAVE US IN JESUS NAME.AMEN
what do you mean by this? can't you mind your business for once.

1 Like

Re: To Fast On The 9th And 10th Of Muharram(23rd And 24th Nov.2012) by BetaThings: 5:32am On Nov 23, 2012
olawalebabs:
what do you mean by this? can't you mind your business for once.
Salaam
There is always an upsurge in the rate of violent crime in December, but muslims don't need to make an album out of it!
Re: To Fast On The 9th And 10th Of Muharram(23rd And 24th Nov.2012) by BetaThings: 5:49am On Nov 23, 2012
BahPulo:

Not really his advice is based on human courtesy you don't have to be a muslim to know you are being mean and spitful even non religious people know that these people who comment for the sake of it know they can't talk to their interactions outside the net like this so why should they do it behind a computer? My grandma used to say if you are above 5 years old you should not say whatever crosses your mind before you think it through especially if it's not a nice thing. I know for a fact these trolls are above 5 so they should know better.
I don't want to debate, but the words of Allah will inevitably come to pass. For instance some people don't care whatever their grandma says

"And whoever is blinded from remembrance of the Most Merciful - We appoint for him a devil, and he is to him a companion."43:36
Re: To Fast On The 9th And 10th Of Muharram(23rd And 24th Nov.2012) by kentro201: 6:52am On Nov 23, 2012
@Bambela..I jst pity you,your parents and family members..instead of you to keep mute and ignore the thread since it doesn't affect you..but outta your foolishness you wrote rubbish abt the prophet..Just wait for the wrath of Allah..and am sure u r not even a better person in life n even a fullfilled achiever cos pple like you don't go far in life...
Re: To Fast On The 9th And 10th Of Muharram(23rd And 24th Nov.2012) by JoeMosco(m): 6:55am On Nov 23, 2012
BahPulo: You know what I am sick and tired of ignoring the trolls that continue to go in any muslim thread to insult muslims and their religion. I have try my best to ignore you people but it is starting to look like we are afraid of you. Here it's if you don't have anything nice to say Sh**t the hell *p. You don't have to comment especially if the topic being discussed does not concern you. I don't know the politic in nigeria regarding religious bickering but you people need to consult the way you talk about other people beliefs, you are always insulting and disrespecting us it needs to stop. I have lived and interacted with people from different backgrounds never have I seen people show so much intolerance like this website. Are you people telling me everything going wrong in your country is due to the muslims? Nonsense

politically, our problems may not be entirely from muslims. But what is the justification for a man not just to kill, but to matchet and deface another man under the excuse of blasphemy.... It is heartbreaking.... Is blood not sacred to you people??
Re: To Fast On The 9th And 10th Of Muharram(23rd And 24th Nov.2012) by deols(f): 6:57am On Nov 23, 2012
The best thing we can do is to keep ignoring them.

They will by their actions show the world how very tolerant they are.

Now you know who starts all the religious violence we av been seeing and after they get served by their equals,they whin all over the internet.

Muslims are the best of mankind..You would almost never see a Muslim insult other people's faith because to respect that is ingrained in us.

Let them keep showing the world who they are. The best thing to do is ignore them. Make your own comments and move on.

2 Likes

Re: To Fast On The 9th And 10th Of Muharram(23rd And 24th Nov.2012) by teniyi(m): 7:03am On Nov 23, 2012
This is one of the Muslim's treasures. Now the non muslims are jealous of this.
Re: To Fast On The 9th And 10th Of Muharram(23rd And 24th Nov.2012) by BahPulo(f): 7:13am On Nov 23, 2012
Joe Mosco: politically, our problems may not be entirely from muslims. But what is the justification for a man not just to kill, but to matchet and deface another man under the excuse of blasphemy.... It is heartbreaking.... Is blood not sacred to you people??

How about you open a new topic and ask why some *d*ot out there thought it necessary to murder his fellow countrymen instead of running around every muslim thread to insult islam. Will that help solve the problem or will it add more fuel to the problem? You people need to address the issues that make you kill each other. I come from a country with over 80% muslims but we don't have the problem nigeria has could it be something else other than religion? but no you don't want to deal with your problems you'd rather look for some more tensions to make things worse than they are.

2 Likes

Re: To Fast On The 9th And 10th Of Muharram(23rd And 24th Nov.2012) by BahPulo(f): 7:18am On Nov 23, 2012
deols: The best thing we can do is to keep ignoring them.

They will by their actions show the world how very tolerant they are.

Now you know who starts all the religious violence we av been seeing and after they get served by their equals,they whin all over the internet.

Muslims are the best of mankind..You would almost never see a Muslim insult other people's faith because to respect that is ingrained in us.

Let them keep showing the world who they are. The best thing to do is ignore them. Make your own comments and move on.

I did try to ignore for I thought may be it's just politic but I have come to realize it has nothing to do with politic but intolerance. like you said it's best to ignore them.
Re: To Fast On The 9th And 10th Of Muharram(23rd And 24th Nov.2012) by ade101(m): 8:54am On Nov 23, 2012
thanks posted. May Allah bless you in this life and beyond. Ameen.
Re: To Fast On The 9th And 10th Of Muharram(23rd And 24th Nov.2012) by asdfjklhaha(f): 10:39am On Nov 23, 2012
U muslims shuld stop decievin urself afta fasting u wuld start killing inocent people. Cowards

1 Like

Re: To Fast On The 9th And 10th Of Muharram(23rd And 24th Nov.2012) by limlim25: 10:57am On Nov 23, 2012
May Allah accept it as act of Ibaada. Ameen
Re: To Fast On The 9th And 10th Of Muharram(23rd And 24th Nov.2012) by abu3(m): 12:04pm On Nov 23, 2012
May Allah ve mercy unto the person that post this topic, the readers and lastly, the people that would make good use of it. Maa Salam
Re: To Fast On The 9th And 10th Of Muharram(23rd And 24th Nov.2012) by abrajproperty: 1:27pm On Nov 23, 2012
fatadis: Must people comment on every topic, if you don't have any meaningful contribution is not better to remain silent. Nairaland is faceless but is not to Almighty Allah, every act will be rewarded accordingly no matter how small or big. Some people should be careful on there comments oooooo. I don talk my own.
you have said it all....may Allah bless us!
Re: To Fast On The 9th And 10th Of Muharram(23rd And 24th Nov.2012) by abrajproperty: 1:29pm On Nov 23, 2012
Alhamdulilah..
Re: To Fast On The 9th And 10th Of Muharram(23rd And 24th Nov.2012) by garsul: 4:06pm On Nov 23, 2012
comments by non-Muslims on Nairaland is a good gauge of religious intolerance in Nigeria, non Muslims stick their fingers into the mouth of Muslims minding their own business, and when they get bitten they say Muslims are violent. for 90% of religious crises happening in our dear country, Muslims are always poked, and when those with short fuse amongst Muslims react, the whole religion is on trial, not minding the fact that some non Muslims poked them.
i commend the moderator for their good work at keeping those bigots at bay. May Allah SWT make it easy for us to do the fasting of the 10th of Muharram and increase us in patience.
Re: To Fast On The 9th And 10th Of Muharram(23rd And 24th Nov.2012) by inuyasha01(m): 4:40pm On Nov 23, 2012
Joe Mosco: May the fasting quench the thirst for blood..... Even now they are "religiously" killing in Kano.
watch your tongue against ma religion MR:@

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lets Help One Another: How Did You Overcome Your Challenges ? / .. / A Detailed Look at Quranic Perspectives on the Honey Bee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.