Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,316 members, 7,819,073 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

What's Wrong With African Religions? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Wrong With African Religions? (10269 Views)

Poll: Which religions do you prefer?

African Religions: 62% (31 votes)
Foreign Religions: 38% (19 votes)
This poll has ended

15 Facts On African Religions / Did African Religions Need To Be Substituted? / Should African Religions Be Preserved? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by Dalby(m): 7:10am On Feb 09, 2008
Not to also forget that the white man came with a gun, gun powder and all. The bow and arrow was no match for it, so our religion had no chance to thrive or evolve. It was just a matter of time to get to where we are today.
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by Ndipe(m): 7:32am On Feb 09, 2008
Reason I will take Christianity over the rest is that the Founder, Jesus Christ is Alive!. He offers me His Abundant Grace and Salvation that He purchased for me with His Blood on the Cross. Praise God in the Highest.

I know that I can approach God in prayers without any constraints to offer any sort of gift for my prayers to be heard.

It doesnt make any sense to worship carvings claiming that the idols, when they cant even be of any assistance to you. And by the way, why is it that when someone visits these unholy places, first thing they demand is money/gin for their idols? Salvation is Free from God.
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by bodsibobo(m): 9:19am On Feb 09, 2008
@Naija Talk
, Take Christianity for example, white men brought us this religion to take away our knowledges in Africa, knowledges from our fore fathers. They even try to take away our African given names,

@doyin13
This made them vulnerable when the white man brought an alternative

@doncaster
Before the white men came to afro they stated it clearly that they were coming to develop african with the Bible and the Hoe

I find that a lot of people have issues with the point that the white man brought christianity to Africa, I always wonder why.
I am not apologetic to the white man coming to africa to fool us Africans which they did during the days of Jaja of Opobo etc and are still doing today (albeit economically via our foolish so called african leaders) but can you blame them? The white man has studied the African man and have seen that an average African man will sell his birth right together with his kins men for a few dollars (or a plate of porridge).

But that is still not my point, If you guys are ready to accept the electricity, cars, trains, aeroplanes, computers, ampicillin, chloroquine etc (that makes your lives easy physically) that the white man brought; why are you quick to condemn and reject the christianity (that makes your lives easy spiritually) which he also brings? (if truly Christianity is a white man's religion).
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by Loveniger(m): 10:16am On Feb 09, 2008
We africans have lost our religion, the real african religion is vodoo, before the arrival of the colonial masters, today africans religions christianity and muslim are imported religions.
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by ShegeSam: 11:30am On Feb 09, 2008
All religions are means of social control, whether African, European, Asian or Arabic. All religions involve an elite priesthood who earn their daily keep by interpreting the will of beings, who they claim must be interpreted by them, the priests.

It is sad that so many Africans despise their own ancestral religious traditions. There is nothing intrinsically wrong with African religions, however, there are several key reasons for the outstanding success of Christianity in Africa.

1) Traditional religions often functioned in African societies to prop up systems that exploited the majority of the population by sanctioning the divine right of kings and highly rigid social orders and caste systems. These systems often did not allow for upward social mobility. The poor remained poor with no hope of joining the privileged. Christian missionaries brought a doctrine that exploited these social divisions. Not surprisingly the message of the gospel appealed most strongly to those with least to gain from the old social order. The hope for change, for salvation within the Christian gospel has always appealed to the wretched and downtrodden in any society.

2) Christianity, from its very beginnings, has shown a great capacity to adapt and change to different cultures. Thus, the African Churches were founded on the desire to give Christianity a more indigenous flavour and very early on became a key factor in gaining converts to Christianity.

3) Mission schools offered a concrete path for self-betterment and empowerment through education. Since most opportunities for social mobility gradually came to depend on being able to operate within the colonial system established by the Europeans, it was essential that ambitious people learned to read & write and adopt European values.

What is interesting now is that the populations of wealthy countries have for a while been turning towards non Christian non Mus lim faiths, while the populations of poorer countries have become even more hardline fundamentalist Christians or Mus lims.

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by IDINRETE: 5:45pm On Feb 09, 2008
ShegeSam:

All religions are means of social control, whether African, European, Asian or Arabic. All religions involve an elite priesthood who earn their daily keep by interpreting the will of beings, who they claim must be interpreted by them, the priests.

It is sad that so many Africans despise their own ancestral religious traditions. There is nothing intrinsically wrong with African religions, however, there are several key reasons for the outstanding success of Christianity in Africa.

1) Traditional religions often functioned in African societies to prop up systems that exploited the majority of the population by sanctioning the divine right of kings and highly rigid social orders and caste systems. These systems often did not allow for upward social mobility. The poor remained poor with no hope of joining the privileged. Christian missionaries brought a doctrine that exploited these social divisions. Not surprisingly the message of the gospel appealed most strongly to those with least to gain from the old social order. The hope for change, for salvation within the Christian gospel has always appealed to the wretched and downtrodden in any society.

2) Christianity, from its very beginnings, has shown a great capacity to adapt and change to different cultures. Thus, the African Churches were founded on the desire to give Christianity a more indigenous flavour and very early on became a key factor in gaining converts to Christianity.

3) Mission schools offered a concrete path for self-betterment and empowerment through education. Since most opportunities for social mobility gradually came to depend on being able to operate within the colonial system established by the Europeans, it was essential that ambitious people learned to read & write and adopt European values.

What is interesting now is that the populations of wealthy countries have for a while been turning towards non Christian non Mus lim faiths, while the populations of poorer countries have become even more hardline fundamentalist Christians or Mus lims.

very beautiful and a sound reasoning
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by LiquidMind(m): 8:55pm On Feb 09, 2008
The burden of African religion is too much to bear. shocked shocked
Bring goat blood today, tomorrow bring white cock, next tomorrow bring seven tubas of yams,
for a Juju priest to ask all this from a peasant is unbearable.

Western societies got so advance that they still believe in the ancient gods of Babylonia, Egypt, Greece, and Rome.
Ask your self why do the ancient civilizations have so many gods? if it weren't working for them
All what we have today as science came from the ancient people who serve many gods.

Yes, the white man brought Christianity to Africa but still don't practice it. the only whites that that practice Christianity are poor white people,
The very rich white people are into stuff very diabolic and profane, the press or the media won't tell you that.

(Without sacrificing the soul of men through the art of war to the ancient gods, the western civilization will fall )
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:05am On Feb 10, 2008
It's so sad, Africans have converted to foreign religions with such ease.
The Arab came to Africa and converted some of us to Islam.
The white man came converted some to Christianity.
Thats why I respect the Indian man, he kept his so called primative religion with a million Gods.
Africans suffer from one of the worst cultural affirmations. Sad real sad.
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by therationa(m): 1:19pm On Feb 10, 2008
With respect, I think you are asking the wrong question. I think the question should rather be "Why do we need religion?"
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by stimulus(m): 1:28pm On Feb 10, 2008
therationa:

With respect, I think you are asking the wrong question. I think the question should rather be "Why do we need religion?"

With due respect, the question of the thread is as legitimate as any question on religion.
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by JUNE12(m): 11:01pm On Feb 10, 2008
The following points must be made clear:
Christianity is not a European religion.
Africans actually got to hear about christianity before mainstream europeans( ethiopian eunuch, churches in Egypt etc)
Christian names do not make one a christian
Ancestral worship in africa is not coordinated and the beliefs vary
What is the essence of ancestral worship ?
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by redsun(m): 2:08am On Feb 11, 2008
It takes a developed mind to understand what religion is all about,presently,the minds of majority of africans are undeveloped,something almost very close to chimps,i don't know why,people are not just thinking.Understanding the basic principles of life answers the big questions of religion,discover,create and be authoritative.
Live like gods.
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by redsun(m): 2:11am On Feb 11, 2008
It takes a developed mind to understand what religion is all about,presently,the minds of majority of africans are undeveloped,something almost very close to chimps,i don't know why,people are not just thinking.Understanding the basic principles of life answers the big questions of religion,discover,create and be authoritative.
Live like gods.
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by mazaje(m): 7:18am On Feb 11, 2008
redsun:

Live like gods.

Co-sign
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by JUNE12(m): 8:54am On Feb 11, 2008
Who are gods?
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 11, 2008

Re: What's Wrong With African Religions?
« #4 on: February 08, 2008, 03:44 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ces the problem is that neither side knew what they where doing. Some of our forefathers sold everything they had, including their brothers, their sons and daughters, and their ways of life to the missionaries who came under the false guise of bringing the knowledge of God. They brought an already corrupted religion. They ostensibly brought the knowledge of God but actually they were colonizing in order to increase the wealth of their countries and ways of life.
True Christianity is not a religion, it only a way of life. It doesn't demand that one should abandon his culture or religion. True Christianity will only make one renovate his culture IE- remove the bad practices. But branding ones culture totally evil and of the devil while at the same time comanding or tricking them into accepting yours is not true Christianity.
Christ never asked anybody to change his religion, neither did he start any religion.

If the so called missionaries(colonial masters) had the right Christianity, and if our fore fathers were wise, both sides would have learned from each other. Our fathers should have seen in Christianity the love and acceptance which will make them stop some of their bad practices like the killing of things. At the same time they should have had to freedom to continue with their own culture and develop it in a God pleasing way. Not abandoning their culture and becoming catholics and protestants, and learning a foreign language rather than their own.

If we had done this, like some Asian cultures, we would have developed our culture to a greater level today. Our understanding of God and life would have been better. Our actions would have been better, and our languages should have been more developed. We would have been able to command more respect from the rest of the world than we do now.

Today we are nothing but caricatures, neither truly European nor truly African. How can we better our country this way? The colonial masters intentionally made use this way, so that they will never have to share the world power with us. We will remain too busy trying to be like the whiteman; thats what we think progress is.

The answer to your question is:
The only thing wrong with African Religions is Africans themselves who abandoned their religion to the devil and accepted foreign ones
[b][/b]you have spoken well,there are no flaws in what you posted,we africans are sleepwalking into the total eradication of our culture.
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by stimulus(m): 1:23pm On Feb 11, 2008
trukoments:

Some of our forefathers sold everything they had, including their brothers, their sons and daughters, and their ways of life to the missionaries who came under the false guise of bringing the knowledge of God. They brought an already corrupted religion.

When will Muslims realize that their continued and deliberate derision of Christianity is going to lead to people saying very "politically in[/b]correct" things about Islam, Mohammed and the Qur'an? Do you guys mind discussing issues [b]without recourse to these deliberate offensive remarks?

Seun, it is quite worrying that a fatwa from Muslims will be taken seriously by you. But it seems that it has become nothing to bother you when the same Muslims have unceasingly seen it as their birthright to use Nairaland as a platform for their own version of "free speech" where they ridicule the convictions of non-Muslims.

Besides Christian-Muslim discussions/debates, there are other very enlightened minds who discussion very legitimate issues on this motherboard. I'm sure those who are atheistically inclined have enjoyed rubbing minds with theists in amicable ways, and no one has seen the need to call for any fatwa. People are mindlessly subjected to having to address Muslims as "the Great Ones", while the same chaps have no clue as to what it means to being "Great".

If it is alright for these Muslims to post hate speech and publicly inciting and offensive verbiage against others, then please make it also our birthright to "correct" such rascality by telling them the hard truth about the "great" religion, Islam! Yes, I am concerned about your safety from these fatwa-mongers; but I'm also concerned about our (yours and Nairalanders') collective integrity in the various boards.

No one feels threatened or insecure from whatever any Muslim may say about Jesus Christ, Christianity and the Bible; or about atheism and African Religion(s). We don't have to place any notice of how insecure these same Muslims have demonstrated in themselves when issues about their "great religion" are being publicly discussed in an honest manner. grin

On the whole, we keep observing from the sidelines how our "great ones" continue to exhibit their "great dread" at being told the "great truth" of their religion in "great humility".

Just my simple thoughts. Enjoy greatly! grin
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by stimulus(m): 1:35pm On Feb 11, 2008
If I am allowed a bit more space to observe some "great" contributions here, then let's see this one:

Loveniger:

We africans have lost our religion, the real african religion is vodoo, before the arrival of the colonial masters,

A clear example of self-confessed "free speech". Nobody has to complain about the "corruption" of voodoo; and the practitioners do not need to be slurred by anyone making it their birthright to accuse the hex-people of any "corruption".

Did he say "voodoo" was his idea of expressing African Religion? Okay, so what's anyone's quarrel with that?

Carry on! grin
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by dafidixone(m): 2:00pm On Feb 11, 2008
African religion is not a way of life and religion is suppose to be away of life.

African religion was formed by the personal interest of some people who discover some naturer science.  It was based on the idea of protecting theri discovery.  For example if any one discover a particular leave for a perticular purpose, he will demonise the process behind the stuff and call it a religion.

For example, my grandfather told me about a discovery and he has an imale that protect the idea because he was the only one that knows the secrete of the solution to the problem of blindness.

Now I will tell you what he told me before he died.  One day while he was in the bush hunting, he discovered a parrot nest, it is natural that no one should see parrot eggs with naked eyes, so to know if the nest contain eggs or hatched you will us fresh palm leaves to test. If the fresh leave got burnt when you put is in the nest then the egg is not yet hashed.  So you will wait till it is hatched.

Then you will now blind all the offspring of the parrot and watch what the mother bird will do.  So it will go get a particlar leave which will be used to get the baby birds to see again.

You can then trace the leave and it will be used as the major agent for any blindness solution.

My grand father now has an oro masquerade that anyone who need this help will have to swear by this demon called oro before he will provide whatever help on the person.  The oro has their worshiper along with his own ifa group.

This is how most of the traditional religions were formed.

So I think trditional religion are mare ideas of people. Not of God.
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by jagunlabi(m): 4:06pm On Feb 11, 2008
Wow!You have just described your dear christian faith,right there!Perfect fit.
dafidixone:

African religion is not a way of life and religion is suppose to be away of life.

African religion was formed by the personal interest of some people who discover some naturer science. It was based on the idea of protecting theri discovery. For example if any one discover a particular leave for a perticular purpose, he will demonise the process behind the stuff and call it a religion.

For example, my grandfather told me about a discovery and he has an imale that protect the idea because he was the only one that knows the secrete of the solution to the problem of blindness.

Now I will tell you what he told me before he died. One day while he was in the bush hunting, he discovered a parrot nest, it is natural that no one should see parrot eggs with naked eyes, so to know if the nest contain eggs or hatched you will us fresh palm leaves to test. If the fresh leave got burnt when you put is in the nest then the egg is not yet hashed. So you will wait till it is hatched.

Then you will now blind all the offspring of the parrot and watch what the mother bird will do. So it will go get a particlar leave which will be used to get the baby birds to see again.

You can then trace the leave and it will be used as the major agent for any blindness solution.

My grand father now has an oro masquerade that anyone who need this help will have to swear by this demon called oro before he will provide whatever help on the person. The oro has their worshiper along with his own ifa group.

Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by tpia: 5:22am On Feb 12, 2008
redsun:

Live like gods.

is that so.

Are you comparing yourself to a chimpanzee?
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by mazaje(m): 9:32am On Feb 12, 2008
dafidixone:

African religion was formed by the personal interest of some people who discover some naturer science. It was based on the idea of protecting theri discovery. For example if any one discover a particular leave for a perticular purpose, he will demonise the process behind the stuff and call it a religion.

Now I will tell you what he told me before he died. One day while he was in the bush hunting, he discovered a parrot nest, it is natural that no one should see parrot eggs with naked eyes, so to know if the nest contain eggs or hatched you will us fresh palm leaves to test. If the fresh leave got burnt when you put is in the nest then the egg is not yet hashed. So you will wait till it is hatched.

Then you will now blind all the offspring of the parrot and watch what the mother bird will do. So it will go get a particlar leave which will be used to get the baby birds to see again.

My grand father now has an oro masquerade that anyone who need this help will have to swear by this demon called oro before he will provide whatever help on the person. The oro has their worshiper along with his own ifa group.

Same goes with christianity and islam so whats the difference? you have just describe how all the major religions work?
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by londoner: 4:59pm On Feb 12, 2008
I don't really know that much about African religion. I must say, I don't really trust organised religion at all. They all seem to have a common thread. Minimising the free will of the individual to rationalise/ refuse/discuss. The main religions at least are very manipulative and quite destructive if you ask me. They claim to derive from God, but all they do is drive a wedge between human beings. People are so steeped in their own religious beliefs that they can't relate to one another in a healthy and constructive way.

Religion has been used as a vehicle to propogate slavery( physical, emotional and mental). There is an absence of accountability and it basically serves as an avenue whereby people can convince themselves and others that they are something other than what they are in reality.

The legacy of Christianity in Africa is one which has been more negative than positive. Firstly, the INTENTION with which it was given to us was not one of love, but one of disrespect, we and our forfathers/traditions were never respected or valued. They were despised and pitied. Because of this, they were first catergorised as inferior/devilish/unnatural/debase/disgraceful. It was this feeling of inferiority and insecutrity which allowed Christianity to flourish. Tell someone that they are dirty for long enough they will start to feel dirty and the water you offer to "cleanse them", they will not refuse.

Maybe we were never as dirty as they convinced us we were.

I'm not saying I agree with any religion, in fact I can't say that I do agree with all of any religion, but one thing human beings do is attempt to propogate their own superiority unto others, it often has nothing whatsoever to do with God or spirituality.
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by jagunlabi(m): 8:08pm On Feb 12, 2008
Absolutely brilliant post! wink
londoner:

I don't really know that much about African religion. I must say, I don't really trust organised religion at all. They all seem to have a common thread. Minimising the free will of the individual to rationalise/ refuse/discuss. The main religions at least are very manipulative and quite destructive if you ask me. They claim to derive from God, but all they do is drive a wedge between human beings. People are so steeped in their own religious beliefs that they can't relate to one another in a healthy and constructive way.

Religion has been used as a vehicle to propogate slavery( physical, emotional and mental). There is an absence of accountability and it basically serves as an avenue whereby people can convince themselves and others that they are something other than what they are in reality.

The legacy of Christianity in Africa is one which has been more negative than positive. Firstly, the INTENTION with which it was given to us was not one of love, but one of disrespect, we and our forfathers/traditions were never respected or valued. They were despised and pitied. Because of this, they were first catergorised as inferior/devilish/unnatural/debase/disgraceful. It was this feeling of inferiority and insecutrity which allowed Christianity to flourish. Tell someone that they are dirty for long enough they will start to feel dirty and the water you offer to "cleanse them", they will not refuse.

Maybe we were never as dirty as they convinced us we were.

I'm not saying I agree with any religion, in fact I can't say that I do agree with all of any religion, but one thing human beings do is attempt to propogate their own superiority unto others, it often has nothing whatsoever to do with God or spirituality.

Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by BTT(m): 5:09pm On Feb 15, 2008
Is dis wot pple r stil discusin on Nairaland!

I tell u this' d beginin of d end 4 Nairaland.

RELIGION AND HISTORY, the world's all-time atomic bomb.

Let's kip discusin & c wia it leads us all.

RELIGION AND HISTORY . . .
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by creamdream: 8:07pm On Feb 16, 2008
Everything is wrong with it!!
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by sydriq(m): 6:38pm On Feb 17, 2008
[
Christ brought a new and operative life which is not based on the sacrifice of blood because He was the ultimate sacrifice.
And another thing, read the bible God does not accept human sacrifice. He tested Abraham and later provided the lamb for sacrifice. It never said Abraham killed Isaac.
But in his obedience God considered Isaac dead because Abraham did not withhold his son but freely offered him up knowing that God would raise him up or give him a son again.
As for the Egyptians God did not sacrifice them as offering which these so called african religion requires.
Lastly Christianity is not a religion it is a life style. And because someone else brought it to us shows that nothing cannot come to you unless it is your time. It was our time to receive the truth which we did and we are taking it back to the people who brought it to us which is a blessing from God to us.
It is just like the student you taught coming back to teach you what you taught him it is a blessing.
So receive Salvation it is a gift from God which does not bind you but frees you.
God bless you.
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by redsun(m): 1:40am On Feb 19, 2008
What makes the life style and mindset in africa better than that of chimps?Generally,man is the crudest creature,i respect chimps more than an average man,filled with greed,brutality,selfishness,manipulation and illusive endless visions that will finally destroy him,altering the natural course of nature.Yet in the midst of all this africa is yet to start.
Nature is god,it revolves,all in one,one in all,deviate, you perish.
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by ibksolar: 1:02pm On Feb 20, 2008
@ just cool

Brother,
Men are not in any way obliged to the worship of devils. The Devil himself was the Ruler of this world and then caused people to fight and kill themselves in a worship to him. He is the Father of confusion and nothing related to him ( whether praise or worship in form of religion ) can bring peace or fairness to the worshippers and their relatives.
The Devil got the[b] legal[/b] right over mankind to rule and dominate this world by the simple act of Adam's disobedience to God's will in the Garden of Eden (We all know that) but thanks be to the God of our lord Jesus Christ who in his wisdom saved man out of this bondage. How?
Since Man Sinned, the only person who could have helped man out had to be a man( this is the demand of Justice) but bear in mind, the originator of the race of Mankind sinned therefore ALL generation of man that came from Adam were all polluted because of this SIN therefore making it impossible for any of us to save others out (This means no prophet or Holy man of this generation could have saved us, NO MAN could)
AS a result of Man's Disobedience and Sin , Man was separated from the union the had with God before his fall and therefore could not come in close relation with God especially in the form of Worship and Religion. Since this fall man had been searching for a way out but unfortunately couldn't but continue in the FORCED service to the devil through series of endless sacrifices which involve killing of fellow human.
The only thing that could have saved man from this entrapment was for A MAN without SIN to come and pay the price of MAN's disobedience (SIN) , DEATH (The wages of Sin is death). This was a great source of worry to God who so much love his ROYAL creation, MAN.
God in his infinite love had to create another race for human with another person as the originator ( YES HE HAS DONE THAT). God himself came in the form of man, Born of Virgin, lived as human, walked on the streets of man, Suffered the same temptations as man and PRAISE BE TO GOD , HE (GOD) DIED FOR MAN AS A MAN JESUS CHRIST. Heb 2vs 14
14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

So you see Brother, He became the pioneer of the new race of human which as forever holy and acceptable to GOD himself. They don't long to be in the presence of GOD because they are always there, GOD calls them his people his own SONS. This are the only people whose worship is acceptable to GOD.

How do you become a part of this? or Is every human automatically transferred into this group?
God despite this great work for human, his beloved creation he still give us a position to make the choice to either join this group of people or not to but God implores and beg every man to make this choice.
WOn't it be so CRUEL for a man to reject this great gift of God. This is the only reason why a man would GO TO HELL. HELL is REAL and so is HEAVEN but every man has the choice of MAKING HEAVEN and shunning HELL.
HOW? The Scripture has it. ROM 10 vs 8-10
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
]
All you nedd to do is this. Believe in this great message of the love of GOD. HOW HE CAME AS A MAN AND HAD ALREADY PAID FOR THE SINS OF MAN.
Therefore, by the rule of justice man is not supposed to in any way to worship or continue in the enforced slavery to the Devil who has been stripped of his AUTHORITY over the entire race of mankind

It was as a result of the ignorance of this facts that our Fore Fathers by their nature continued in their service to the devil but as God would have it brought this missionaries our way to tell of this truth and of the unending benefits we would enjoy in our unfettered relationship and worship to the LIVING GOD. Any one who continues in the absurd festivals and observing of some rituals which our Fathers did does not do this to GOD but to the defeated and DISGRACED devil who as no power whatsoever on the least of Mankind.
. Should we now continue in this? This is what is termed as GREAT SIN TODAY. This is the only thing that can incurr the wrath of JUSTICE (Not even GOD because GOD LOVES MAN ).
So Brother whats your choice , choose to believe in this message ( foolish to the mind but power in the sight of GOD) 1 COR 1vs16-28
[b]19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:[/b]

And as you make this choice you will fulfil God ultimate plan for creating YOU. 1tim2vs3-6 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time
. Eph1vs5-8
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

and then become AUTOMATICALLY and IRREVOCABLY the SON and true Worshipper of GOD.
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by Horus(m): 8:01pm On Feb 20, 2008
What is religion but the deification of ancestors, the making sacred of traditions within the context and history. How can we honor any god who was used against us? The only people who accept alien gods are defeated people all others honor and accept their own name for the Almighty. We must learn to appreciate ourselves and our traditions. What is wrong with the African God?
What would we think of a Yoruba who accepted Chinese ancestors as his own? We would find it quite interesting and wonder how it came to be. But what of Africans' acceptance of others' gods? Is there no tradition with these alien gods? Of course there is tradition with these gods! To accept the Jews' god or the Arabs' god or the Hindu's god and so forth is to valorize those histories above your own. Indeed, it is to honor the names in those myths and stories higher than your own stories, it is to love the language, the places in their stories above your own. Why is Mecca, Rome, or Jerusalem more sacred that Bosumtwi? Quite simply, it is imperialism, not by force of arms, but by force of religion which sometimes comes armed.
Joel Kotkin's Tribes - a book about people ready for the 21st Century claims that only Jews, Chinese, Indian, Japanese, and British are ready. These groups have some commonalities which include (1) strong sense of identity, (2) international network, and (3) a passion for technology.
He does not include any African community or ethnic group. In fact, he believes that the African people were best organized under the leadership of Marcus Garvey who believed that Africans were not only > capable of achieving without the whites; Africans had to achieve without whites in order to be seen as fully participating in the drama of history. Kwame Nkrumah believed in much the same idea.
Samuel Huntington's The Clash of Civilizations claims that there are six major civilizations: Chinese, Japanese, Orthodox, Hindu, Western, I'slamic. He says each one has a nation that is vanguard, deeply committed to its religion and history. Africa has no such vanguard nation and furthermore Africa has yet to emerge from under the cloaks of its interventionists. Of 53 nations only one nation is more African in religion than either Christian or Great One. That nation is small Benin.
Benin is 87% popular traditional African Religion. But it is a small nation with limited influence in a propaganda fashion. As such we do not expect African traditional religion to play a major part in the civilization of Africa for a long time to come, but we can begin to examine the questions, to raise the issues, and to interrogate our practices.
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by Wordsmith(m): 11:46pm On Feb 20, 2008
Lol @ this stupid hipocrite. This is the same clown that said in another thread that "Religion is a waist (waste) of time".

Bloody hipocrite
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by chiogo(f): 3:04am On Feb 21, 2008
Well, it's part of the aim of bringing civilization to Africa. Sometimes, I think of this too and it's sad but it is what it is.
But then Christianity isn't the only religion practiced in Nigeria today, I think there are more people of Islamic belief. I don't see myself worshiping a deity though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Has GOD Given Humans Freewill Or Predestinated Humans?? / Can You Be A Politician And Still Be A Genuine Christian / What Is Meant By "the Permissive Will Of God".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 188
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.