Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,262 members, 7,818,891 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

What's Wrong With African Religions? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Wrong With African Religions? (10268 Views)

Poll: Which religions do you prefer?

African Religions: 62% (31 votes)
Foreign Religions: 38% (19 votes)
This poll has ended

15 Facts On African Religions / Did African Religions Need To Be Substituted? / Should African Religions Be Preserved? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by IDINRETE: 10:11pm On Mar 05, 2008
coolier:

The missionaries came and brainwashed us. And we forgot our roots. There is nothing wrong with African religion.

hnm hnm hnm very very interesting,  wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by redsun(m): 7:45am On Mar 06, 2008
It is as if there is ultimate truth,there is no truth but you.Religion is not to be followed but lived.Put yourself in it,it is your time,not the past or the future,you decide.
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by redsun(m): 7:47am On Mar 06, 2008
It is as if there is ultimate truth,there is no truth but you.Religion is not to be followed but lived.Put yourself in it,it is your time,not the past or the future,you decide.

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by ckz: 7:10pm On Mar 17, 2008
ooo please tell em what is african religion it is foolish please tell me what is african religion people kill to sacrifice to theire so cold gods and how dare you try to say that indians have kept their religions oke you are right they have ba tel me has it helped them noooo you see indians that only have bones because they don't have food but they have enough food to give to their cow god food because  they say it is holy yeah right think nonsense
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by girl22(f): 12:43am On Mar 19, 2008
There is no African god/religion/diety that does not emphasise the worship of satan. I have considered many, and in practise they direct one to worship (Appease) satan. The understanding is that God did not create man to worship the devil, the command is that "we should resist the devil". Search for yourself and you will find this to be true

Not true I know people who practice the Yoruba religion and they do not believe satan even exist. They believe the Supreme Being created the earth and the universe. They believe that Satan is not a part of God's nature.
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by girl22(f): 12:48am On Mar 19, 2008
What is wrong with African Traditional Religion is that it has many gods; god of thunder, god of iron, river goddess, god of divination, etc. Too many gods cause confusion, no focus.

The gods demand blood. Blood of human beings. Blood of the innocent. What a god to worship! Despicable!

Everything is wrong with it!

They are not gods. They are forces of nature that they give respect to. Something Christianity does not teach.
Without water, we could not exist so you respect it. Without the air we could breath to live, so you honor it. That does not mean you worship it.

You honor and give reverence to your elders and ancestors but that does not mean you worship them.
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by girl22(f): 12:53am On Mar 19, 2008
You have a question that only in hell fire the answer will be clearer to you. But you see God cannot be questioned. He says I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy on.

[/[b]b]If you do not ask questions,how will you find the answer? How do you know that you don't supposed to question God?
Even you as mortal man have a similar Attribute. You choose to hate or love someone with no just cause.  The word is Agape unconditional love to man and it is kind.

Jesus was not forced to lay down his life there was the agreement of the trinity.  On the Cross God could allowed sin on his son. The anger that has heaped up in God to purnish sin in man is now horribly made Perfect.

What is the point of God allowing Jesus to be sacrificed? How did that help mankind? We have AIDS, poverty, starvation,divorce. If it was supposed to be made perfect then why is the world not perfect?

Flee from the Angry God wrath be a son friend of God by accepting jesus is God and Saviour.
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by ckz: 6:20pm On Mar 21, 2008
What is the point of God allowing Jesus to be sacrificed? How did that help mankind? We have AIDS, poverty, starvation,divorce. If it was supposed to be made perfect then why is the world not perfect?

God never said that everythin is goin to be perfect give me a scripture and verse where he said that. And for the aids matter dont blaim God because most of the time people put it on themselves eather they go around sleepin with people or some people get it out of their parents mistake and there are many more reasons but God never puts aids on people
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by mnwankwo(m): 7:09pm On Mar 21, 2008
God did not allow his son Jesus to be sacrificed. Jesus was murdered because he brought the Truth and the Truth was irksome to the existing religious cult of that time. It is also incorrect to say that God allowed the sins of the world to be laid on his son. Jesus did not commit any sin and it is impossible for him or his Father to carry the sins of the world. Jesus brought the truth in his words and obedience to the words of Jesus is the way by which each individual should and must wash his own sins.
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by olabowale(m): 8:57pm On Mar 21, 2008
@M_Nwanko: Could you point out the verses of the Bible, pre acts of apostles where Jesus made the claims that you recorded for him above? Is there a proof to any of these? I guess you have to support the claims with direct statements from Jesus son of Mary. If you can't, then there is no validity. It will be taken with a grain of salt. Really as a mere conjecture.

I guess anybody can claim anything for self or those who are beloved.
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by mnwankwo(m): 9:47pm On Mar 21, 2008
@Olabowale,

I do not quote the bible, the sacred texts of any religion in my postings. I have in an earlier discussion with you in another thread clearly told you the source of what I post. I stated then that I draw form the the work "In The Light of Truth - The Grail Message" In all my postings I give reasons for the positions that I take. Ofcourse people can dismiss them as just claims and they are entitled to their opinion. If however their are specific points they donot agree with in my posts, they can point it out and say why. I will then discuss with them on those issues. The premise of all my postings is that God is perfect and his will manifests in LOVE and JUSTICE. Thus, what ever is of God must swing in the rays of justice and love. That is the cornerstone that underlines my assessment of any thing in creation including the sacred texts of different religions.
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by olabowale(m): 10:47pm On Mar 21, 2008
@M_Nwanko: Its interesting that the grail message came to the same conclusion, as the Bible concerning Jesus! For those two sources to call himson of god and god, I will have tos ask, which source copy what is already in the other? Is it the Bible that copy the Grail Message, or its the other way around?
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by mnwankwo(m): 2:41pm On Mar 24, 2008
@Olabowale,

The Grail message is a proclamation of the Truth and whatever is true will be found in the Grail Message. Skeptics will say that this is an extraordinary claim. However the taste of the budding lies in the eating. Any one who is interested in investigating wheather or not the Grail Message contains the WHOLE TRUTH should study the three volumes of the Grail Message, lecture by lecture with his spirit (not his brain) as the author demanded. After such a study he or she can come to his own conclusions. I have studied the Grail Message for over eighteen years and I am absolutely convinced that it is the WHOLE TRUTH. Others can make their own decision about the Grail Message. Therefore the Grail Message is not a copy of the bible or any other sacred texts of other world religions. Study the Grail Message if you want and you will find out for yourself.
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by jantavanta(m): 9:03am On Oct 23, 2008
There appears to be a definition of paganism that is biased against Africans, Native Americans and Aborigines, victims of slavery and genocide.
Arabs have been admitted by their European cousins into the fold of 'non-pagans'

Are Japanese pagans? The national religion of Japan is Shinto, which talks about 'nature' spirits as in African 'traditional' religions.
Are Sikhs, Hindus, Buddhists, Jains pagans/traditionalists?

Europe celebrates the paganism of Ancient Greece by creating a subject called Classics.

Hinduism is pantheistic and involves more gods or Gods than the entire African traditional space.
Why didn't their British colonial masters classify them as 'traditionalists' ?

Talking about sacrifice, the ritualistic cannibalism of "eating the blood and drinking the flesh" deserves equal restraint
with killing animals to communicate to the Creator
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 11, 2010
Frizy said:

Do you have to believe in rivers, stones or trees as object of worship. The African Religion in my opinion and according to God Himself is an act of ignorance.

Do you believe in wooden cross-shaped charms with bleeding men hanging on them?

How barbaric.

The history of African religions have things connected with human sacrifices, oppression.

Your imported ''holy'' bible is filled with commandments from the Jewish tribal deity you've been brainwashed to think of as ''God'', to massacre, loot, and rap.e whole cities and kingdoms.

What could be more barbaric than worshipping such a bloodthirsty monster?

To me, in a civilized world the worship of Ogun or Oya is barberic and expresses man's ingratitude to his real Creator- God Almighty

In African religion, there is recognition of the Supreme Being.  Deities like Ogun are regarded as spirit 'helpers' of God, just as Christians have 'patron saints', the spirits of whom they 'worship'. Catholics pray to the spirit of Mary, the 'saints' etc etc.

By the way, if you weren't brainwashed, you would use the same language you used for Ogun, for your English term ''God Almighty''. Or do you think there is no name for God Almighty in Yoruba?

Of course what you REALLY mean is the ''white God'' of your little brainwashed christian head.
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by tpia5: 6:30am On Nov 12, 2010
The only thing wrong with African Religions is Africans themselves who abandoned their religion to the devil and accepted foreign ones

i always wonder why people assume atr isnt based on foreign influences.

hello?
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by IDINRETE: 11:44am On Nov 12, 2010
tpia@:

i always wonder why people assume atr isnt based on foreign influences.

hello?

Kindly share with us the foreign influences.
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by excoba101: 2:44pm On Nov 12, 2010
when a city conquers the other one they impact their ways of life and religion into the conquered and they also take the ones they feel will be useful to them from the conquered. that was what happened to africa under the rule of the white men, that was what happened when persia conquered babylon in the days of yore; that was what happened to egypt when the greeks invaded it and then the romans. it has always been that way. it will only take a strong resistant group to make certain things not to be taken away from their cultural life style haven been defeated as in the case of china and india though we still have huge crowd of xstains there.
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by nolongTing: 2:01pm On Nov 13, 2011
[size=13pt]This is a map from 1913, in which the traditional cultures are dismissed as “heathen”[/size]

[img]http://filipspagnoli.files./2010/10/africa_religions_19th_c.jpg?w=550&h=880[/img]

Today?

[img]http://filipspagnoli.files./2010/10/religion_africa-animistes.png?w=361&h=373[/img]
Re: What's Wrong With African Religions? by omobadan(m): 6:07pm On Nov 13, 2011
There's nothing wrong with it. Our people have gone too deep into these foreign religions to appreciate it. sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Witness Insists Synagogue Church Complied With Lagos Building Development Rules / Has GOD Given Humans Freewill Or Predestinated Humans?? / Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.