Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

It's My Wedding And I'll Cry If I Want To! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / It's My Wedding And I'll Cry If I Want To! (888 Views)

Jessica Elvis: I'll Sleep With Ronaldo, Wizkid Before I Retire From Prostitution / Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help / The Devil Working With Mtn To Mess-up My Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It's My Wedding And I'll Cry If I Want To! by nobodiee: 4:36am On Feb 08, 2008
Ok so my parents live in England and have not been to Nigeria in soo long, my fiance and I want to get married in Nigeria and we have a church we would like to get married at.  But my parents want us to get married in a catholic church, even though they/we are not catholics!!  They believe since they attended a catholic church before they left Nigeria and they don't have a home church back home, that's the only option.  My fiance and his family will do no such thing.  I mean if they were muslims, you won't find me marrying in a mosque (no pun intended) cuz it's not my faith.  And they keep saying if this wedding does not happen how they want it, they would have nothing to do with the wedding or with us in general. Besides that, I just feel like they are taking too much control over this wedding, I mean can a girl breathe or som'ing,  Is it that deep??  I really thought a wedding was about the couple.  Now, I know why a couple of my friends eloped!!!!!!  Anyhow, I want your opinions, what is a girl to do  I mean It's my wedding!!!!!!
Re: It's My Wedding And I'll Cry If I Want To! by spoilt(f): 4:43am On Feb 08, 2008
He he he! Do people's parents still tell them what to do?
Re: It's My Wedding And I'll Cry If I Want To! by chika98: 5:19am On Feb 08, 2008
Girl, I say do what they want o
h just so there's peace. At the end of the day being with your fiance is what matters. so just suck it up! Atleast they r not trying to pick the date for u. See it as laying low to conquer

(1) (Reply)

Stubborness Or Submission or a Lil Bit of Both? / This Will Tell You Who You Are!(must Read For Every One) / What Is Love? Here Are What Some Kids Between The Ages Of 5 And 10 Say:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.