Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,477 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk (6744 Views)

Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight / Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video / Orji Uzor Kalu's Interview On Hardtalk! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by k2039: 11:18am On Nov 23, 2012
ochallo:

shut up and sign! Things would change one day.
It's pointless signing,that's just a watse of precious time I can spend on nairaland.
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by morningsta(m): 11:21am On Nov 23, 2012
Appear on BBC HardTalk to embarrass Nigerians again? I hope not!In a country where we have the likes of Nuhu Ribadu, Babatunde Fashola,Malam Ibrahim Shekarau and several others, I wonder how GEJ made it to Aso Rock. It is even more embarrassing when you consider that GEJ is the first University graduate president of Nigeria. Compare GEJ to other world leaders around and you will know that Nigeria is the laughing stock of the world right now.

3 Likes

Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by GCRS87: 11:23am On Nov 23, 2012
Vry gud questios. Ma questio 4 u GEJ. Why was my broda denied admission at d university.
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 23, 2012
I will sign it, GEJ no de disappoint na. Him go shame all of una that day
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by proproman(m): 11:37am On Nov 23, 2012
AjanleKoko:

If we all felt he wasn't the right fit for the job, why the f%$&#k did people vote for him?
I think the request is petulant. Why should we run to Hardtalk when our own local media can ask the same questions? Neocolonialist nonsense, I say.

Awww, c'mon, stop talking like you don't know that our local media would defer to GEJ and avoid asking him questions that he might not be able to answer properly. I read someone suggest that local stations conduct such an interview and the person mentioned NTA. Are you serious? NTA? That is permanently biased in favour of the president and ALWAYS tries to launder his image?

As for it being Neocolonialist, give us all a break! If Nigerians want him to appear on Hardtalk because they know that local media cannot put GEJ on the spot like Hardtalk can, then it's Nigerians' decisiobn and should be respected. If you are a GEJ supporter and don't want to sign the the petitin, good for you. Just don't go spouting off at others that want to.

1 Like

Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by Demdem(m): 11:42am On Nov 23, 2012
sundaybam: If I should advise ebele I will tell him not 2 go. He is.not sound enough to face truetalk unless he want 2 disgrace himself before the public. But if he want to go. Um hand crossed till that time. lipsrsealed

What exactly are u saying? or what do u mean?
Is it that u feel he is daft or he is mad?
Which of the two undecided
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by proproman(m): 11:46am On Nov 23, 2012
Demdem:

What exactly are u saying? or what do u mean?
Is it that u feel he is daft or he is mad?
Which of the two undecided

lolz, u no serious o
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by superdude007(m): 11:49am On Nov 23, 2012
16, Mr President, one of your economy team members requested for a Graduate drivers, of which, 6 Phd holders, 764 MSc and over 8000 BS.c holder applied. Is this an indicating of growing economy and what are active steps taken by your Administration to ameliorate the situation?

17, Who are those cabal behind the Bokoharam?

PeeDaVinci: follow the link below to sign the petition

http://www.causes.com/actions/1706270?fb_comment_id=fbc_135175249965171_260377_136583693157660#f2d0d29fb4

i don't know if this petition thingie actually works but no harm in trying to find out
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by Demdem(m): 11:52am On Nov 23, 2012
proproman:

lolz, u no serious o

wettin i do? just wanted more clarification undecided
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by ACM10: 12:01pm On Nov 23, 2012
How many sitting foreign leaders have appeared on Hardtalk? undecided
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by ochukoccna: 12:06pm On Nov 23, 2012
Maxymilliano: This looks like what El-Rufai or Lai Mohammed will sit down and compile, it has a political undertone and should not be construed as the voice of Nigerians, Nigerians yearn for good governance at all levels, equitable distribution of income and improved standard of living, not asset declaration by the FG, Malabu oil deal, conferement of GCON on Adenuga and other craps sited in the original post that can't put food on their tables.
Whether it was composed by El Rufai or Lai Mohammed, are the question asked here true or not
1 doesn't need X-ray vision to see through Goebbels like you easily

AjanleKoko: If we all felt he wasn't the right fit for the job, why the f%$&#k did people vote for him?I think the request is petulant. Why should we run to Hardtalk when our own local media can ask the same questions? Neocolonialist nonsense, I say.
I think what differs here is the point of view
Its because news from the BBC is well received globally and Stephen Sackur asks questions that leaves you squirming in your seat
Did you watch his interview with OBJ tongue tongue
There is no neocolonialist nonsense in this demand
Remeber not Nigerian officials behave like tin gods or didn't you watch Ojo Madueke as Minister for Foreign affairs threathening Sowere of Sahara Reporters during the government's tour of global capital's when Yaradua was brain dead in Saudi Arabia

1 Like

Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by duni04(m): 12:19pm On Nov 23, 2012
Its really very weird that more than 75% of people here don't believe that Jonathan can sit down and, without prior exposure to these questions, answer them satisfactorily. Why on earth Is he our President in the first place? Were we so stupid and dumb and clueless that we gave the keys to the highest seat of this country to a complete buffoon that we all know cannot even answer simple questions? I think Nigerians ones that are dumb and clueless, not Jonathan and his goons. They're just beneficiaries of our collective stupidity.

3 Likes

Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by hillsate: 12:26pm On Nov 23, 2012
Mcdondayan: We want our President to be interviewed by BBC? its not a problem. Will David (the british P.M) agree to be interviewed by N.T.A angry

Why kind of non intelligent comparison be this. NTA would rather be the ones intimidated. What do they know about Brit.
The British PM will be too happy to be interviewed by NTA. I can even arrange that. But I guarantee you that GEJ will never agree to interview by BBC Hardtalk.

1 Like

Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by Revolva(m): 12:30pm On Nov 23, 2012
Yes GEJ should face hardtalk - and let's see his intelligence
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by hillsate: 12:31pm On Nov 23, 2012
ACM10: How many sitting foreign leaders have appeared on Hardtalk? undecided

Does this look like google to you?

1 Like

Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by hillsate: 12:37pm On Nov 23, 2012
nairaland guys,
You want your trainee president to take a professional exam (BBC Hardtalk) when he has not demonstrated competence in the Mock exams (NTA Interview).
That's wicked man!

1 Like

Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by duni04(m): 12:44pm On Nov 23, 2012
Its really very weird that more than 75% of people here don't believe that Jonathan can sit down and, without prior exposure to these questions, answer them satisfactorily. Why on earth Is he our President in the first place? Were we so stupid and dumb and clueless that we gave the keys to the highest seat of this country to a complete buffoon that we all know cannot even answer simple questions? I think Nigerians are the ones that are stupid and clueless, not Jonathan and his goons. They're just beneficiaries of our collective stupidity.
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by ibnquasale(m): 12:54pm On Nov 23, 2012
honeric01:

Why are you always yelling?

because he has a rat-sized brain and garri-washed sense of judgement grin
honeric01:

Why are you always yelling?

because he has a rat-sized brain and garri-washed sense of judgement

1 Like

Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by AjanleKoko: 1:08pm On Nov 23, 2012
duni04: Its really very weird that more than 75% of people here don't believe that Jonathan can sit down and, without prior exposure to these questions, answer them satisfactorily. Why on earth Is he our President in the first place? Were we so stupid and dumb and clueless that we gave the keys to the highest seat of this country to a complete buffoon that we all know cannot even answer simple questions? I think Nigerians are the ones that are stupid and clueless, not Jonathan and his goons. They're just beneficiaries of our collective stupidity.

Very sensible comment.
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by ochukoccna: 1:10pm On Nov 23, 2012
duni04: Its really very weird that more than 75% of people here don't believe that Jonathan can sit down and, without prior exposure to these questions, answer them satisfactorily. Why on earth Is he our President in the first place? Were we so stupid and dumb and clueless that we gave the keys to the highest seat of this country to a complete buffoon that we all know cannot even answer simple questions? I think Nigerians ones, not Jonathan and his goons. They're just beneficiaries of our collective stupidity.
Ebele is said to possess a Phd but having seen his utterances from when he became acting president, can you in all honesty say he can defend a Bachelor's degree never mind a Phd? shocked shocked
You should know that emotions, sentiment, tribalism and religion played out like never before in the last elections not common sense
Many got suckered in by the half truths peddled around Buhari who was the main challenger
Buhari too didn't help matters seeing he lacks the power of persuasion, oratory speech and soft skills cool cool
The classic sucker along with the I had no shoes statement was Ebele kneeling before Adeboye who didn't immediately denounce what many took as God anointing Ebele forgetting Saul turned his back on God immediately Samuel anointed him
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by AjanleKoko: 1:16pm On Nov 23, 2012
ochukoccna:
Ebele is said to possess a Phd but having seen his utterances from when he became acting president, can you in all honesty say he can defend a Bachelor's degree never mind a Phd? shocked shocked
You should know that emotions, sentiment, tribalism and religion played out like never before in the last elections not common sense
Many got suckered in by the half truths peddled around Buhari who was the main challenger
Buhari too didn't help matters seeing he lacks the power of persuasion, oratory speech and soft skills cool cool
The classic sucker along with the I had no shoes statement was Ebele kneeling before Adeboye who didn't immediately denounce what many took as God anointing Ebele forgetting Saul turned his back on God immediately Samuel anointed him

So this is supposed to be your excuse or what?
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by mrrock: 1:32pm On Nov 23, 2012
@ballabrigs
Yeah, I watched that interview between GEJ and Aisha Sesey on CNN and I was ashamed to look at my TV sceen. Jonathan was visibly shaking and breathing like someone who ran a marathon before the interview. Even the girl was suprised at Jonathan's ineptitude. That day, I was so ashamed of Jonathan as my president.
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by Elueme: 1:48pm On Nov 23, 2012
If I may ask, what use will this be? Governance isn't all about speaking vocabulary or oratorical. Thread like this is a direct product of idleness by some youths. Smh for OP
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by naja2: 1:50pm On Nov 23, 2012
Maxymilliano: This looks like what El-Rufai or Lai Mohammed will sit down and compile, it has a political undertone and should not be construed as the voice of Nigerians, Nigerians yearn for good governance at all levels, equitable distribution of income and improved standard of living, not asset declaration by the FG, Malabu oil deal, conferement of GCON on Adenuga and other craps sited in the original post that can't put food on their tables.
pathetic one! why will Nigerians not want to know why their president is so clueness and inept.
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by ochukoccna: 2:10pm On Nov 23, 2012
AjanleKoko:
So this is supposed to be your excuse or what?
No, I'm not making any excuse
Just trying to fleshen the perspective which brought him to power
The morning is said to tell the day and anyone who saw Ebele become acting president yet still surrounded himself with the goons who have kept Nigeria hostage could not have expected genuine transformation
Like you said in an earlier post yourself

AjanleKoko: GEJ may soon go on record as the worst president in Nigerian history, as far as the Unity of the state is concerned. His watch has overseen a rabid fracturing of the country along ethnic lines, comparable to the period just before the civil war.
He doesn't seem to have good advisers, I have to confess.
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 23, 2012
saintneo: Nonsense petition.

I am not interested in any 'hard-talk' with a foreign media organisation be is BBC, VOA, CNN, France24(france vingt-quatre), AL Jazerra, FoxNews, SkyNews, RussianTV, CCTV, et al. They are all signs of re-colonialism. Instead we should works towards improving our journalism and media so as to make it credible and independent of the government. Moreover, BBC is a biased media organisation; it does not project a balanced political view. Given the biased news we get from BBC World already, how about BBC Hausa used in spreading false propaganda in the northern part of Nigeria.

Any 'hard-talk' should be organised by a Nigerian media organisation. It can be NTA, AIT, Silverbird, Channels, Minaj, et al.

[size=68pt]NO[/size]
u mean our local media that is compromised and bedevilled with hungry and power tasty psychopath?NO [/size][size=8pt][size=8pt][/size]

1 Like

Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by proproman(m): 2:13pm On Nov 23, 2012
Elueme: If I may ask, what use will this be? Governance isn't all about speaking vocabulary or oratorical. Thread like this is a direct product of idleness by some youths. Smh for OP

Just listen to yourself. If you cannot articulate your vision as a leader, then it's very likely that you are not a leader at all. The people will have faith in your ability if you can convince them that your vision and plans for them are feasible and how else would you achieve that other than by talking? If your teacher couldn't speak properly, do you think you would have learnt anything? Yet it wouldn't mean the teacher doesn't know anything either, just that he/she can't articulate what they know.

SMH for you.
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by businesslawyer(m): 2:25pm On Nov 23, 2012
duni04: Its really very weird that more than 75% of people here don't believe that Jonathan can sit down and, without prior exposure to these questions, answer them satisfactorily. Why on earth Is he our President in the first place? Were we so stupid and dumb and clueless that we gave the keys to the highest seat of this country to a complete buffoon that we all know cannot even answer simple questions? I think Nigerians ones, not Jonathan and his goons. They're just beneficiaries of our collective stupidity.

9CE one my sentiment exactly. we can only get it right when we let go of ethnic, religion and regional sentiments. as far as am concern Jona remains d worst of all d leading candidates in d last election and we Nigerians voted for him. If we as a people have such a person as our president then an average nigerian is everything he is since despite his qualities we elected him to lead us.
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by jimjones: 2:26pm On Nov 23, 2012
lol...what is this, a joke? jona-cassava will NEVER, i repeat NEVER honor an invitation to hardtalk
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by 2864: 3:09pm On Nov 23, 2012
PeeDaVinci: follow the link below to sign the petition

http://www.causes.com/actions/1706270?fb_comment_id=fbc_135175249965171_260377_136583693157660#f2d0d29fb4

i don't know if this petition thingie actually works but no harm in trying to find out

Use this link, It has been approved by GEOPETITION... Get involved

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/we-want-stephen-sackur-of-bbc-hard-talk-to-interview-pr.html
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/we-want-stephen-sackur-of-bbc-hard-talk-to-interview-pr.html
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by trent9002(m): 3:53pm On Nov 23, 2012
I prefer Piers Morgan. That man na driller
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by deor03(m): 4:01pm On Nov 23, 2012
Black Man has lost it. We have debased ourselves to the level that anything goes.

Can you imagine the Citizens of Estonia signing a petition that their president should appear on NTA !!

Apart from those that have access to internet + Cable TV, how will Mr President appearing on British TV improve our lives !

Even , If we made a mistake to elect this guy, then we use democratically accepted mean to replace him not ridiculing him and ourselves.

Besides, with the level of intelligence displayed in Nairaland ( if it's an acceptable population sample of middle class Nigeria), i think we deserve the government we have in Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senator-elect Uche Ekwunife Storms Nightclub In Awka, Anambra State. Photo / A Detailed Analysis Of The People Of Edo State / Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.