Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,495 members, 7,812,530 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk (6745 Views)

Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight / Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video / Orji Uzor Kalu's Interview On Hardtalk! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by jmaine: 4:06pm On Nov 23, 2012
Gross waste of time
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by adahib: 4:24pm On Nov 23, 2012
you guys can argue all you want but I'm sure as he.l.l signing that petition.if you don't want to sign,then don't.whether GEJ appearing on hard talk puts food on the tables of nigerians or not, I'm sure his absence has not done that so far.
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 23, 2012
qoute from deor03: Black Man has lost it. We have debased ourselves to the level that anything goes.

Can you imagine the Citizens of Estonia signing a petition that their president should appear on NTA !! and when did NTA become a global brand? there's a difference between national and international

Apart from those that have access to internet + Cable TV, how will Mr President appearing on British TV improve our lives ! actually the interviewer wouldn't hold anything back (since he wouldn't be expecting brown envelopes) and so we will gain by knowing indepth the character leading us

Even , If we made a mistake to elect this guy, then we use democratically accepted mean to replace him not ridiculing him and ourselves. we use democratically accepted means? are you drunk? like we democratically rigged him to power!!

Besides, with the level of intelligence displayed in Nairaland ( if it's an acceptable population sample of middle class Nigeria), i think we deserve the government we have in Nigeria.you rather we keep quiet while all the wrong is done?

1 Like

Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by ACM10: 4:54pm On Nov 23, 2012
Signing this petition is tantamount to surrendering our sovereignty to foreign power. For God's sake, this petition is not going to sway the president even if it garners enough signatures. No one puts himself in a position of compromise with the media. This is why politicians mostly grants interview to friendly media outlets. How many interviews had Obama granted to Foxnews?

BBC is partly funded with British taxpayers money just like NTA. The only difference is that BBC enjoys a greater autonomy. That's why it can criticize its government. Just like it did to Tony Blair after the Iraqi invasion by accusing him of "sexing-up" evidence. Nevertheless, it is still a foreign press and a mouthpiece of British government. The same role which NTA plays for the Nigerian government.

Nigerian citizens lack internal pride that they can readily invite foreign elements to meddle in our internal affairs. This is another reason why this entity called Nigeria should dissolve. Can you imagine Americans signing a petition for Obama to be interviewed by the BBC?

This idea of signing up a petition to force our president to be interviewed by a foreign and presumably hostile media is moronic and dead on arrival. What a terrible waste of effort and energy!
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by hillsate: 5:46pm On Nov 23, 2012
Elueme: If I may ask, what use will this be? Governance isn't all about speaking vocabulary or oratorical. Thread like this is a direct product of idleness by some youths. Smh for OP

You want us to deduce his plans for Nigeria from his muteness. Governance is leadership and leadership means you lead the way. In what area has GEJ led the way? A leader should be able to accurately convey his thoughts for the led. Probably leading a nation is not his area of leadership; he should go back to the classroom.
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by geniusbami(m): 8:11pm On Nov 23, 2012
Maxymilliano: This looks like what El-Rufai or Lai Mohammed will sit down and compile, it has a political undertone and should not be construed as the voice of Nigerians, Nigerians yearn for good governance at all levels, equitable distribution of income and improved standard of living, not asset declaration by the FG, Malabu oil deal, conferement of GCON on Adenuga and other craps sited in the original post that can't put food on their tables.

Wannabe Presidential spokes person, can U just take like 10mins to check the dictionary meaning of GOOD and GOVERNANCE? Marry the two and juxtapos ur finding with the import of ur post? It will help U so U won't expose ur 'unknowing' like this to the whole world?

Thank you.
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 23, 2012
GEJ may not be a powerful orator but he has proved time and again that he is fit for the job. The ALL famous "I had no shoe" campaign speech of Jonathan was used to create several powerful adverts that helped him win the 2011 elections. None of his opponents at that election were able to record such feat. The "i had no shoe" campaign speech of Jonathan was the MOST POWERFUL campaign speech leading up to the 2011 elections. Jonathan as acting president featured on Christine Amanpour CNN tv show and performed very well. GEJ does not need to prove anything to any body, let alone INTERNET RATS and COCKROACHES. If need be GEJ can appear on any TV show. GEJ appeared for 2011 presidential debate organised by Nigerian Election debate group(NEDG), but his opponents RAN away. The same NEDG organised the debates for the last 2 elections at Edo and Ondo. The so called adhoc NN24 debate for which INTERNET RATS made so much noise has since gone into EXTINCTION. Moreover, governance is not about big grammar. Governance is about action. The biggest grammar in the whole world cannot give me 2nd Niger bridge. Anyway, INTERNET RATS derive satisfaction from abusing GEJ. Let them have fun!! But elections are not won on the internet. My only disappointment is that many of our youths waste PRECIOUS time online, posting NONSENSE and contributing NOTHING to our GDP.
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by nagoma(m): 9:11pm On Nov 23, 2012
Elueme: If I may ask, what use will this be? Governance isn't all about speaking vocabulary or oratorical. Thread like this is a direct product of idleness by some youths. Smh for OP

Come on you know very well Jona is daft and has no capacity. For this job.
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by MeGaStReEt: 9:17pm On Nov 23, 2012
honeric01:

Why are you always yelling?

Na bus stop their family house dey.
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by PayWell: 9:39pm On Nov 23, 2012
saintneo: Nonsense petition.

I am not interested in any 'hard-talk' with a foreign media organisation be is BBC, VOA, CNN, France24(france vingt-quatre), AL Jazerra, FoxNews, SkyNews, RussianTV, CCTV, et al. They are all signs of re-colonialism. Instead we should works towards improving our journalism and media so as to make it credible and independent of the government. Moreover, BBC is a biased media organisation; it does not project a balanced political view. Given the biased news we get from BBC World already, how about BBC Hausa used in spreading false propaganda in the northern part of Nigeria.

Any 'hard-talk' should be organised by a Nigerian media organisation. It can be NTA, AIT, Silverbird, Channels, Minaj, et al.

[size=68pt]NO[/size]

There is nothing like freedom, people are only influenced to believe they are free.
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by PayWell: 9:46pm On Nov 23, 2012
deor03: Black Man has lost it. We have debased ourselves to the level that anything goes.

Can you imagine the Citizens of Estonia signing a petition that their president should appear on NTA !!

Apart from those that have access to internet + Cable TV, how will Mr President appearing on British TV improve our lives !

Even , If we made a mistake to elect this guy, then we use democratically accepted mean to replace him not ridiculing him and ourselves.

Besides, with the level of intelligence displayed in Nairaland ( if it's an acceptable population sample of middle class Nigeria), i think we deserve the government we have in Nigeria.

The Black man is the second class citizen of the world. Imaging where we would be without those white guys ... inside bush eating banana like monkey
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by ochukoccna: 11:19pm On Nov 23, 2012
PayWell: The Black man is the second class citizen of the world. Imaging where we would be without those white guys ... inside bush eating banana like monkey
Too bad you see yourself as a monkey angry angry
The Blackman was doing fine all by himself before the white man showed up before the white man showed up
Go into the library dude
Learn about your history
Blackman's history
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by Maxymilliano(m): 11:24pm On Nov 23, 2012
geniusbami:

Wannabe Presidential spokes person, can U just take like 10mins to check the dictionary meaning of GOOD and GOVERNANCE? Marry the two and juxtapos ur finding with the import of ur post? It will help U so U won't expose ur 'unknowing' like this to the whole world?

Thank you.

Mr man what are you saying in essence? Everything I posted above is explicit enough, I will advise you to juxtapose your response with the content of the original post and what I posted to know who is displaying ignorance here.

Come out clear on what you got in mind and let's educate each other
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by danjohn: 11:57pm On Nov 23, 2012
saintneo: Mr President has stayed one year of his first tenure in office, he is at work, 2015 is still very far, kindly allow GEJ to work.

If the result of his work is good then he will express his ambition, else he will go back to Bayelsa.

You sound like a spokesman for GEJ. Are you one of the 40 laptops?
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by manosteel(m): 4:40am On Nov 24, 2012
Useless suggestion, what an insult. I'm not ready for such bullsh.it
Re: Sign Petition To Invite GEJ To Hardtalk by Demdem(m): 3:06pm On Nov 24, 2012
MeGaStReEt:

Na bus stop their family house dey.
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun Retirees Protest 15 Months Unpaid Pension / The Kaduna State Women Economic Empowerment Summit 2019. See Photos / A Detailed Analysis Of The People Of Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.