Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,989 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Raging Pregnancy Hormones? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Raging Pregnancy Hormones? (1832 Views)

How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? / Pregnancy And Hormones? Your Experience? / Teenage Boys And Hormones. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Raging Pregnancy Hormones? by smartmom(f): 10:53pm On Nov 23, 2012
She came to my house happy, likely and full of swag, showing off her new maternity outfit, jiggling her backside and bulging belly in a catwalk to the amusement of the kids. Next thing all within an hour, she was snapping at the kids, pouting and sulking for no real reason. And imagine the bewildered kids beholding their favourite doting Aunty bawling out her eyes when her hubby came to pick her!

Her hubby thinks she is being bad mannered and that I am over indulging her because she is my youngest sibling. How do I make him understand the effect of hormones in her preggie state?

Ok guys and gals, let me have your advice.
Re: Raging Pregnancy Hormones? by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 24, 2012
@
Re: Raging Pregnancy Hormones? by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 24, 2012
Its absolutely normal,different women react to pregnancies in different ways,infact a pregnant colleague of mine said d way u act wen ure menstrating that is before pregnancy,thats d way you will act,my neighbor when she was pregnant too was always tensed up,always getting angry over every little thing and was always yelling at her customers so i completly ignored her till she put to bed.my ever happy go and friendly neighbour used to be very touchy and angry during pregnancy and so i knew its not her,its d effect of d hormones on her,even me when i am menstrating i dont like anyone coming around me,greeting me or want to jist with me,i loose my appetite for d next 5 days and all i want to do is sulk and be on my own,so its not new,men learn to understand your wives mood when they are menstrating or pregnant
Re: Raging Pregnancy Hormones? by Mowire: 12:38pm On Nov 24, 2012
Give him a copy of "EVERY WOMAN" & insist he reads all relevant article if he truly cares for his wife. & get as many relevant articles, in soft & copies, as you can get fot him to read.
A lot of my brothers (MEN) don't wise up to get as much info/education on the matters of their wives' health as to know what to expect & do. That's why issues that lead to complications are not dealt with early.
Re: Raging Pregnancy Hormones? by smartmom(f): 11:01pm On Nov 24, 2012
chaircover: Pregnancy hormones do play a part in affecting our mood but it mostly makes us overreact or become more emotional than usual but something usually triggers it.

Why did your sister suddenly change from happy to crying, sulking and pouting so much so in front of the kids? what happened?

I really cant put a finger to it o! except that like me, she cant stand most perfumes and I think of the kids brought airfreshner in I think. What pregnancy does to us hmmmm
Re: Raging Pregnancy Hormones? by JallowBah(f): 4:52am On Nov 25, 2012
Wuh, I did not even knew how bad I was during the pregnancy before 6months after the baby was born.
Me and my husband was living in a one-room apartment, and sitting on the bed eating and watching TV.
I got so damn angry at him for eating nuts TOO LOUD that I told him to get his as* to the bathroom, or outside, if he was going to eat like that. Lol.
I also told him many other things, but that one..? I cried for nothing, I got angry at him for leaving a spoon on the counter, or not hanging the towel straight.
I would fight him, and then start crying when he started fighting me back, blablabla.

I see now how lucky I am to have a husband who took that sh*t for almost 9months, and she bit his tounge and stayedwink Some don`t react to the hormones at all. Others, like me, get...crazy.

1 Like

Re: Raging Pregnancy Hormones? by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 25, 2012
@
Re: Raging Pregnancy Hormones? by drnoel: 10:31am On Nov 25, 2012
Na wah for una. I stay out of wifey's way when she starts spiting fire. Pregnancy hormones is no joke...
Re: Raging Pregnancy Hormones? by smartmom(f): 8:36pm On Nov 25, 2012
chaircover:

I thought as much, (that something did trigger it) . . . . .you gave me a scare when in your first post, it just sort of implied that she just suddenly turned on the kids for no reason.

I hope you explained to the kids that aunty is not angry with them, but not just feeling too well at the minute.

I couldn't stand smells either when I was pregnant so i know how she feels and my hubby went a good 6 months without being allowed to wear any deodorant & I nearly committed murder one day when he added locust beans to okro he was cooking . . . . for me oooo! embarassed

It is well. I wish her a safe delivery kiss
Thanks dear sis-in- cant- stand- smell wink. They love her and forgave her immediately. The older kids remember my own preggie days for their younger siblings anyway. Mine are well spaced so they have good(or is it bad?) memories of when I carried the younger ones. I had to use unperfumed vaseline throughout one preggie and banned all deodorant in our house for another one.

Re: Raging Pregnancy Hormones? by smartmom(f): 8:38pm On Nov 25, 2012
@Chaircover, Thanks dear sis-in- cant- stand- smell . They love her and forgave her immediately. The older kids remember my own preggie days for their younger siblings anyway. Mine are well spaced so they have good(or is it bad?) memories of when I carried the younger ones. I had to use unperfumed vaseline throughout one preggie and banned all deodorant in our house for another one.
Re: Raging Pregnancy Hormones? by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 21, 2012
Our apartment is new, How I hate the smell. He bought some neutralizers but it seems not to be working in the bathroom.

The bathroom has this smell that wanna kill me anytime I enter for shower. I spit So much when am in there, that if I come out, he is the next target.

Baby, the house is smelling....he opens the doors or window!

Baby, it's too cold.

He lights the neutralizer, you see me complaining. The guy do tire! grin

So these days, after having my bath, he tells me to stay in the bedroom...because that's the only place that reduces the raging hormones. As if I dey for prison. sad

1 Like

Re: Raging Pregnancy Hormones? by Tgirl4real(f): 11:30am On Dec 21, 2012
Well, I really didn't witness all these raging hormones and cravings people talk about. Not like I didn't have several opportunities to snap or ask for the impossible, but I made up my mind to put in an extra effort to be calm and nice around people since people naturally expected me to be snappy cos of my condition and it worked like magic.

Till few hours before entering into proper labour, I was still cracking jokes and playing around with the nurses.

The time I was really touchy was few weeks after delivery cos I was in serious pain due to episiotomy.
Re: Raging Pregnancy Hormones? by smartmom(f): 11:56am On Dec 25, 2012
Tgirl4real: Well, I really didn't witness all these raging hormones and cravings people talk about. Not like I didn't have several opportunities to snap or ask for the impossible, but I made up my mind to put in an extra effort to be calm and nice around people since people naturally expected me to be snappy cos of my condition and it worked like magic.

Till few hours before entering into proper labour, I was still cracking jokes and playing around with the nurses.

The time I was really touchy was few weeks after delivery cos I was in serious pain due to episiotomy.

Oooh I understand that scenario sis. All 4 times of delivery cost me those cuts. After that 1st time, I assumed subsequent deliveries would be without the episiotomies but alas 3 more times. Very sore and trying times. Deliveries are easy but those cuts kai I hate them.
Re: Raging Pregnancy Hormones? by smartmom(f): 11:59am On Dec 25, 2012
Vikin: Our apartment is new, How I hate the smell. He bought some neutralizers but it seems not to be working in the bathroom.

The bathroom has this smell that wanna kill me anytime I enter for shower. I spit So much when am in there, that if I come out, he is the next target.

Baby, the house is smelling....he opens the doors or window!

Baby, it's too cold.

He lights the neutralizer, you see me complaining. The guy do tire! grin

So these days, after having my bath, he tells me to stay in the bedroom...because that's the only place that reduces the raging hormones. As if I dey for prison. sad
Kpele, its only for a while! I understand, the things preggie does to mothers! but then again and again, we go back for that 'game'. When you hear ur kids say 'mummy I love u'it is worth it all.

(1) (Reply)

Married Women: What Is Your Typical Working Day Like? / Battling A Barbaric Culture / Badly Abused Maid -A Cry For Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.