Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,072 members, 7,953,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:24 PM

"Why Is The Earth Round?" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Why Is The Earth Round?" (577 Views)

The Earth Is 4.5 BILLION Years Old. Surely Many Races Came Before Us! / The Bible Says: The Earth Is Flat! / When The Son Of Man Comes, Will He Find Faith On The Earth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Why Is The Earth Round?" by advocate666: 6:57am On Nov 24, 2012
That is the question my daughter asked me yesterday.
I realised that I had no answer whatsoever. Just two years ago I would have told her that god made it so (and I would have made her hear the capital G)
But since I started vising NL I have stopped believeing in god and have now turned 180 degrees to Atheistic Satanist. So no more simplistic answers.
Her school teacher has also started telling her about christmas and jesus stories. This is causing me worry because I fear she is being brainwashed by her school and I constantly have to tell her that her teacher was wrong. She doesn't know who to believe anymore. Atheists please, what can I do about this?
Re: "Why Is The Earth Round?" by k2039: 7:01am On Nov 24, 2012
Home school her and she will only be taught what you want.

To answer her question you tell her the earth is round because it is sperical in shape(if it had been a rectangular shape the earth wouldnt have been round)

1 Like

Re: "Why Is The Earth Round?" by advocate666: 7:03am On Nov 24, 2012
k2039: Home school her and she will only be taught what you want

Out of the question.
Re: "Why Is The Earth Round?" by pastormustwacc: 7:07am On Nov 24, 2012
Eventually, she will likely follow her own path no matter what.

(1) (Reply)

Where Are You Going This Christmas? / Dare To Dream / Incorruptible Things

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.