Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation (13202 Views)

FIRS Targets N5tn Revenue In 2016 Non-oil Revenue To Account For 80% Of Earnings / This Buhari's Tweet On Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan Has Got Everyone Talking(pic / Jonathan Govt Incurs N5tn Domestic Debt In Five Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by takedat(m): 9:45am On Nov 25, 2012
Maxymilliano:

Bros, most of the alleged facts and figures as contained in the original post are open secrets and not revelations as painted by you, both Okonjo Iweala and Diezani Allison admitted the country is loosing money through crude oil theft and other illicit means, this is what gave rise to the different committees that have been set up in the past and other sundry actions embarked upon by government to arrest the ugly trend of crude oil theft.

The Committees are mostly on fact findings mission and that's why they are guided by term of reference. You can't set up committee on what you are unaware of and most of the identified leakage have been with the system from time immemorial. Apart from crude oil theft, unclaimed royalties and tax is also another leakage in the oil and gas sector in which the government is been fleeced and this what necessitated the Ribadu led committee to identify the channels and also come up with a workable template on how this identified leakage can be plugged .

It will be irresponsible of me to claim the article is sponsored and it will be naïve of us to claim the government is not aware of the loopholes identified by the committees set up in the past, some privilege few are benefiting from the status quo to the detriment of the country, and altering what has become an age long-formula tradition ain't gonna be easy bro.

Our criticism should be channeled to what become of the various reports submitted to the government.
You are right that these claims are open secret but the disheartening part is that solutions to most of the problems can be ameliorated without setting up of committees if only the government can muster enough political will. Ribadu himself said during the submission of the report that government needed not to wait for the passage of the PIB before enforcing some of the recommendations. GEJ during the last media chat self proclaimed as the most successful in the fight against graft but all that is word of mouth which accounts to nothing when actions cannot be seen. GEJ's Anti corruption drive is only a mirage for now, the public perception is that this government is corrupt!
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by drnoel: 9:53am On Nov 25, 2012
ballabriggs: President Jonafraud!!!
Since he came to office does not mean that he is involved in the theft. A beg get ur records striaght
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by Maxymilliano(m): 10:20am On Nov 25, 2012
take dat: You are right that these claims are open secret but the disheartening part is that solutions to most of the problems can be ameliorated without setting up of committees if only the government can muster enough political will. Ribadu himself said during the submission of the report that government needed not to wait for the passage of the PIB before enforcing some of the recommendations. GEJ during the last media chat self proclaimed as the most successful in the fight against graft but all that is word of mouth which accounts to nothing when actions cannot be seen. GEJ's Anti corruption drive is only a mirage for now, the public perception is that this government is corrupt!

Everyone is entitled to his or her own reservation, perception and opinion about the government, if you ask me, I see the government as a weakling but I've always learn to build my perception on a state of cautious optimism and this is why I always adopt the half full\half empty stance to every half filled glass of water as the case may be here.

Enforcing some of the recommendations of Ribadu's report is on the way, the report is undergoing some scrutinies and government position will be made known in due course, the PIB is also fundamental in the successful sanitizing of the oil and gas sector, going ahead to implement recommendations without constitutional provisions or requisite legal backings will amount to futility.

Like I said earlier, most of the corrupt tendencies identified are seen as age long tradition in some quarters and which has been accepted as the norm, hence the need for appropriate laws to capture such tendencies.
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by Gbawe: 10:25am On Nov 25, 2012
take dat: You are right that these claims are open secret but the disheartening part is that solutions to most of the problems can be ameliorated without setting up of committees if only the government can muster enough political will. Ribadu himself said during the submission of the report that government needed not to wait for the passage of the PIB before enforcing some of the recommendations. GEJ during the last media chat self proclaimed as the most successful in the fight against graft but all that is word of mouth which accounts to nothing when actions cannot be seen. GEJ's Anti corruption drive is only a mirage for now, the public perception is that this government is corrupt!

My guy, let me ask some simple questions I challenge the entire GEJ crew on Nairaland to provide answers for if they are not cowardly misfits.

(1) Why does Nigeria continue, as the only major producer of crude, to sell its oil through traders thereby perpetuating avenues of theft, corruption and outright criminality against our Nation? Why does the middleman crap exists? No government agency competent enough to negotiate directly on behalf of Nigeria? How many are aware GEJ can change this situation, in seconds, with a simple directive? Why has he not done so?

(2) Why do we, the biggest black nation on earth and one of the biggest exporter of crude oil, persevere with a model where we import refined derivative of our crude oil endowment through housewives and bricklayers who are only deemed competent 'marketers' because they are connected to influential politicians? Why do we not see a change under a man touted as "fresh air" and a "transformer" ?

Why has GEJ, when he can do so in a second, not abolished what exists currently to deliver a model, even suggested by Otedola, where Nigeria deals directly with foreign refineries instead of using marketers? Does it not make sense that an ambitious Nation , with crude oil endowment, should ensure important processes are directly and efficiently controlled by the State to the benefit of the people instead of what obtains under GEJ in Nigeria currently?

Why is it that GEJ cannot initiate simple actions he has total discretion over that would go a long way towards the genuine transformation of Nigeria? Ethnic bigotry is our biggest problem in Nigeria. It is what is preventing many from noting that undeserving and unconscionable leaders, whether Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo or Ijaw, are colluding to 'shaft' us.

6 Likes

Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by ThomasAnongu(m): 10:30am On Nov 25, 2012
Truckpusher: Did you read the article? or you just jumped to the heading and concluded that all that money was stolen by the president and at the same time setting up committees to uncover himself?
GEJ has a lot to answer for wen d time comes. He must give account of Bayelsa State y i/c n Nigeria as a whole. Let's not deceive ourselves or sympathise wit our fantasies, GEJ is grossly incompetent to handle d nation God knows dis even d devil is aware. But One day monkey will not return from market

1 Like

Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by Gbawe: 10:41am On Nov 25, 2012
Thomas Anongu: GEJ has a lot to answer for wen d time comes. He must give account of Bayelsa State y i/c n Nigeria as a whole. Let's not deceive ourselves or sympathise wit our fantasies, GEJ is grossly incompetent to handle d nation God knows dis even d devil is aware. But One day monkey will not return from market

Totally correct. It is the very simple yet drastically transformational things GEJ has total discretion over , yet he deliberately ignores against local and international agitations , that shows he is a waste of time like others before him.
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by chrisley024(m): 10:47am On Nov 25, 2012
Hw much is den our budget?
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by pheesayor(m): 11:00am On Nov 25, 2012
the President has powers over everything, that's why he could deploy sodiers to oppress ordinary protesters. when there's a will, there's a way
tpapi: Som nigerians av short memories,where were wen larmode said dos oil thieves were purposely frustating justice by payin their to frutrate n prolong court case,if the judges av not given their judgement on the oil thieves,pls tel me wat can gej do
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by Osgilliat(m): 11:01am On Nov 25, 2012
bellyjelly: When is our revolution going to start?

It need to start NOW.
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by Youngzedd(m): 11:03am On Nov 25, 2012
Chanchit: Those white demons are fully aware of all this fraud, and they will continue to borrow us money, cos they know the money would still come back to land on their table in hundred folds, shaken together and running over, since they know they are dealing with rich zombies(I mean our leaders o..!) before una start to quote me.

They aren't afraid to lend us money because they know that 9ja get plenty.

I just tire for this administration.

Only us can help ourselves.
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by 1025: 11:08am On Nov 25, 2012
congratulations mr.joe. from the day one, i know u will break record. this is fresh air at pdp levels. common guy break ur own record and steal at least N30t in the next 1 yr.
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by COMPAQ(m): 11:08am On Nov 25, 2012
We need a revolution in this country. We need to get pdp out! Funny thing though, is that many of us who complain will still vote for Jonathan and expect things to change. No matter who is in an, I will vote for him just to make sure pdp doesn't get my vote. We need change in this country.
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by jude33084(m): 11:14am On Nov 25, 2012
Say No to PDP! Vote ACN/CPC come 2015. Lets try Buhari aŋԂ his gangs lipsrsealed grin
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by jude33084(m): 11:18am On Nov 25, 2012
Yet GEJ is still seeking ways to borrow more money angry τhis fisherman with one shoe will ruin Nigeria before 2015.

A complete mess angry

1 Like

Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by vislabraye(m): 11:25am On Nov 25, 2012
Tired of hearing all these things and nothing gets done.
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by adahib: 11:36am On Nov 25, 2012
It won't stop amazing me when i see people jumping up to label every write-up aimed at exposing the massive rot in this jonathan's administration as lies. isn't it obvious that this is an administration of thieves chaired by a weakling? one doesn't need to read the numerous articles to appreciate the massive looting that has been going on. for those of you defending jonathan,kindly name one of the subsidy thieves who is currently in jail.fighting corruption is not just about setting up an array of committees whose reports are only scrutinized by other committees and never acted upon.that said,i really do not think any political party at present will do better.look at all the states ruled by other parties,are they in any way better than pdp? i really don't think so.what we need in this country is a leader who has no party affiliations and hence can't be dictated to by such.a leader who is selfless.until then,nigeria and nigerians will keep suffering from the likes of jonathan and his ilk.
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by lanrefront1(m): 11:45am On Nov 25, 2012
Nigerians are a people in grand delusion. They shout and pray to God in churches and mosque that suffering is too much. Yet they go out to the polls and keep on voting PDP who has been ruining nation for 12 years.

Something is ruining you: how can you keep on doing that very thing and expect things to magically change.

Grand delusion of the highest order.

2 Likes

Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by ANYPEN(m): 11:51am On Nov 25, 2012
5 gini shocked shocked shocked. sincerely, he must have lost count of his administration loot!
if we don't chase this retarded fisherman away from that esteem seat he never dreamed of, he will run the whole system down and the worst is that he wouldn't even have an idea how he killed one of the most vibrant economy that should have been.
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 25, 2012
[quote
author=Osgilliat]

It need to start NOW.[/quote]

Start it now if u urself are innocent of corruption. Jobless
nairalanders! How much was stolen during IBB, Buhari, OBJ, Abdusalam,
and even Yaradua's times? Lazy peole are being dragged by the fury of those who have lost out of power equation. GEJ will rule till 2019. If all u fools like go and hug transformer and I know he will leave a better Nigeria, and most importantly a more empowered Nigeria
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by seanet01: 11:59am On Nov 25, 2012
I can not stop laughing at gullible Nigerians. During last Year elections, your Pastors fed you with lies that Buhari and Ribadu are members of Boko haram, now you have seen the real Bokoharam, enjoy your Fresh air.

1 Like

Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by anulaxad(m): 12:01pm On Nov 25, 2012
drnoel:
Since he came to office does not mean that he is involved in the theft. A beg get ur records striaght

who are you anyway Nigeria makes nearly 200 billion pounds not naira annually we lose 80 percent of it to corruption every year and allot of you will be surprised that they make that every year wait and you must be thinking where does it get spent it gets spent on foreign countries foreign people foreign property and importation and that's all part off corruption. Nigerians im not going to lie to you im an economist and if this newspaper article focused on the truth you will know Jonah has stole way more my estimate 12 trillion naira and to be continued but that's just Nigeria for you there hiding your freedom of information and since i'm telling you find a way to react.and whats even surprising is that Nigeria is only worth 350 billion pounds so if they spent the right amount of money Nigeria should be right at the top of the richest countries of the world.
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 25, 2012
[quote
author=seanet01]I can not stop laughing at gullible Nigerians. During
last Year elections, your Pastors fed you with lies that Buhari and
Ribadu are members of Boko haram, now you have seen the real Bokoharam,
enjoy your Fresh air.[/quote]

And was Yaradua govt better in any way? Maybe u were not born when Buhari was head of state. He would have closed down nairaland and deprive u the chance to epose ur uncivilized opinion
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by Maxymilliano(m): 12:08pm On Nov 25, 2012
Gbawe:

My guy, let me ask some simple questions I challenge the entire GEJ crew on Nairaland to provide answers for if they are not cowardly misfits.

(1) Why does Nigeria continue, as the only major producer of crude, to sell its oil through traders thereby perpetuating avenues of theft, corruption and outright criminality against our Nation? Why does the middleman crap exists? No government agency competent enough to negotiate directly on behalf of Nigeria? How many are aware GEJ can change this situation, in seconds, with a simple directive? Why has he not done so?

(2) Why do we, the biggest black nation on earth and one of the biggest exporter of crude oil, persevere with a model where we import refined derivative of our crude oil endowment through housewives and bricklayers who are only deemed competent 'marketers' because they are connected to influential politicians? Why do we not see a change under a man touted as "fresh air" and a "transformer" ?

Why has GEJ, when he can do so in a second, not abolished what exists currently to deliver a model, even suggested by Otedola, where Nigeria deals directly with foreign refineries instead of using marketers? Does it not make sense that an ambitious Nation , with crude oil endowment, should ensure important processes are directly and efficiently controlled by the State to the benefit of the people instead of what obtains under GEJ in Nigeria currently?

Why is it that GEJ cannot initiate simple actions he has total discretion over that would go a long way towards the genuine transformation of Nigeria? Ethnic bigotry is our biggest problem in Nigeria. It is what is preventing many from noting that undeserving and unconscionable leaders, whether Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo or Ijaw, are colluding to 'shaft' us.

Dunno what you meant by 'entire GEJ crew' the fact that people have contrary opinions against yours sometimes shouldn't be a basis for unnecessary tags and name-callings, divergent of opinions on pertinent issues is one of the attributes of democracy, it is unwarrentable to label people just because their opinion differs from yours. But to hazard some response to your post, I like to remind you that we are currently operating a democratic settings and expecting the president to take 'simple action' is just simplistic.

The use of middlemen and traders in oil deals is not a new phenomenon, same can also be said on the use of marketers to sourced back refined crude oil. Calling on the government to change the current situation in seconds with a simple directive will amount to treating complex issues and problems as more simple than they really are.

The trend has been with us since the military era, and if the military which governs by decrees and fiat could still employed middlemen both in selling and buying of crude and refined crude instead of halting the trend with 'simple directives', what does that tells you about the system? Have you asked yourself why OBJ despite his hard stance on corruption in the petroleum industry and keeping same portfolio under his office for effective monitoring could still not rein in the monster.

The extant laws that guides the operations in oil industry and the various agencies is lax, the essence of the PIB is to strengthen this flaws and make it stronger. Most of what you asked is already captured in the PIB, that is why part of the PART 1 Objectives of the bill is to promote the development of Nigerian content in the petroleum industry where roles of middlemen and traders will be taken over by government agencies, the bill also went further to explain the composition of such agency and its objectives.

The soft copy of the PIB is readily available on the internet and I will advice you to peruse it thoroughly to understand some of the government actions and inactions as it relates to the oil industry.
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by Gbawe2: 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2012
adahib: It won't stop amazing me when i see people jumping up to label every write-up aimed at exposing the massive rot in this jonathan's administration as lies. isn't it obvious that this is an administration of thieves chaired by a weakling? one doesn't need to read the numerous articles to appreciate the massive looting that has been going on. for those of you defending jonathan,kindly name one of the subsidy thieves who is currently in jail.fighting corruption is not just about setting up an array of committees whose reports are only scrutinized by other committees and never acted upon.that said,i really do not think any political party at present will do better.look at all the states ruled by other parties,are they in any way better than pdp? i really don't think so.what we need in this country is a leader who has no party affiliations and hence can't be dictated to by such.a leader who is selfless.until then,nigeria and nigerians will keep suffering from the likes of jonathan and his ilk.

Thank you. Shameless sycophants, a disgrace to their nation, should show us the real efforts the biggest 419ners in Nigeria (GEJ and Allison-Madueke) have put in place to reduce corruption in the most vital sectors capable of pivotally impacting on Nigeria's ability to make progress as a Nation. Why do we sell oil through traders rather than directly? If a serious and sincere President, GEJ, after Ribadu brought it to public attention, should declare immediately that "this practice stops today by the power vested in me". I.e the retrogressive and corrupt practice of Nigeria disgracefully being the only major oil producer in the entire world to sell its crude through traders.

Why can we not directly negotiate with foreign refineries to import refined derivative of crude instead of engaging hundreds of fraudulent marketers in an unwieldy and unneeded process that only deliberately creates avenues for defrauding Nigeria? A sincere Nigerian president, if willing, can change those situations, that are avenues of fraud in reality, today and as we speak.

Why entrust our failed refineries into the most corrupt and inept hands possible i.e NNPC? Where is the palliative impact of SURE being felt in Nigeria today? Why is it that the government only reels out rhetoric , and never exemplary or boldly reforming actions, regarding how the governance of Nigeria is unacceptably expensive? Pettily, the Presidency is demanding more for food when Thomas Sankara, aware of the need to sacrifice and lead by example, maintained one car and David Cameron flies with commercial airlines like BA.

We can go on all day but the bottom line is that one does not need to be a rocket scientist to note this current government is one, like others before it, deliberately and directly abetting the looting of Nigeria's wealth with its tacit collusions, actions and inaction.

1 Like

Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 25, 2012
[quote
author=COMPAQ]We need a revolution in this country. We need to get pdp
out! Funny thing though, is that many of us who complain will still vote
for Jonathan and expect things to change. No matter who is in an, I
will vote for him just to make sure pdp doesn't get my vote. We need
change in this country. [/quote]

U sound like a little desperate mind. Who told u there can be a better choice from any other quarter in the next election? Stop swallowing any rubbish those who have lost out of power in the country are brandishing before u. Try get a job and keep busy.
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by PEREP: 12:14pm On Nov 25, 2012
take dat: This revelations shouldn't come as a surprise to those who take an avid interest in this government and the maladministration that surrounds it. This country is nearer to bankruptcy because we are unfortunate to have a weak leader who makes a nuisance of his title as the C-In-C and his unable to curtail a monster in the name of crude oil theft to its barest minimum. I have always held the view that GEJ can never fight corruption because the stench that oozes out of his government, his political associates and economic team is corruption.

Waiting for the Villa Courtiers to invade this thread to tell us that Tinubu sponsored this article and El Rufai is the writer!
The issue is too simple for anyone to easily comprehend. The revelations of Nuhu Ribadu dates back to 2006 and I don't understand the basis for holding Jonathan for what happened before his tenure. While in office, he noted the subsidy fraud and decided to address it.
Like he said during the chat, he has been addressing the issues raised and will do more. If the Judiciary will not ensure Justice, how else should Jonathan do?
He arraigned three sons of the mighty and rather than applaud him and wait for the outcome of the courts, we keep calling names.
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by tpapi: 12:19pm On Nov 25, 2012
pheesayor: the President has powers over everything, that's why he could deploy sodiers to oppress ordinary protesters. when there's a will, there's a way
does dat include forcing chief judges to give judgement over a particular case
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by Concept(m): 12:21pm On Nov 25, 2012
Na today? The under written piece was initiated by me immediately after GEJ was elected. Anyone who is logical without any bias whatsoever would have seen the kind of president we are going to have. Even if you must be a thief as a leader your surbodinate must have that respect for you but when they perceive you as a paper tiger that is when they have the audacity to question you to your face and do whatever they like. Did you watch that presidential chat? If you say every word spoken by Mr president is intelectual enough then you have given me clue on the league you belong to.

I do not see anything GOOD in Goodluck, he is nervous, no confidence such character cannot lead a state like Nigeria of people with smart ideas who mostly channel them to crook ways. Everything he has done before the election is graft in cash and kind, even if a madman comes to pledge his loyalty, he will surely go with "egunje" Nigeria has been customized with corrupt practises and the mentality has been passed to the unborn, you are infected so am I. Most Nigerians do not know how to live a normal life without cutting corners; something must surely come besides salary, let me tell you, the root of all our problem in Nigeria is corruption. Corruption encourages laziness, lackadaisical attitude to work because the mind is set to have a reward at the end of a duty, legal or illegal.

There is no way things can work like this. If we can wrestle the society from the grip of this syndrome called corruption. PHCN will work, Refineries will work smoothly and importation of petroleum products will cease, credible candidates will emerge after elections, unemployment will reduce, those companies closing down will flourish; they die because their board members are corrupt and so on,

How do we achieve this? We need a BETTER THIEF because a day healing is not enough for a madman, there will still be exhibition of some traits sometimes. Mr. Fashola and Buhari/Bakare are good examples. They have administrative skills and discipline respectively. GEJ and his wife;Dame have sometimes been linked to EFCC harrassement, the reason they still walk around tall is the goodluck syndrome, we all know the story. The society is being characterised with corruption as a normal way of life and it is this society that produces the expected leader however starting like this will help us until we get to people that can lead and have zero tolerance for corruption.
Mr. Goodluck does not have these qualities and the antidote to the corruption's venom, he does not have(clueless). If BB were voted in, I am sure by now many of our flamboyant politicians including GEJ would have sought for asylum in another country, that is when you can see how the real EFCC can bite. I see him as the first Nigeria president ever that is not pragmatic, he always sees it the way he sees others seeing it. Mr. President should act like a man with authority.

Nevertheless, Nigerians have decided to put themselves in SELF SLAVERY for another 4 years. Logically, I do not see why the GEJ of a man is voted in; a man who depleted the inherited foreign reserves his predecessor has built over the years within the few months the baton of presidency was passed to him. I heard a gallon of kerosene now sells for N1,500. What is the hope of a common man. Where is our value. I want Nigeria to boil, some of these leaders have to go. Corruption has to be tamed now, I say now or else Nigeria is doomed. Please leave me with my opinion in case it does not align with yours, another 4 years is ahead of us, after that I can take your insults. My prophesy is live on transmission please do not dial/tune the channel, more are to coming your way. GEJ lovers U never see anything. Under the supervision of this man, they will milk Nigeria dry. That was after the election. Lets leave GEJ lovers I am sure some of them have not managed 3 people before.
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by Gbawe2: 12:22pm On Nov 25, 2012
Maxymilliano:

Dunno what you meant by 'entire GEJ crew' the fact that people have contrary opinions against yours sometimes shouldn't be a basis for unnecessary tags and name-callings, divergent of opinions on pertinent issues is one of the attributes of democracy, it is unwarrentable to label people just because their opinion differs from yours. But to hazard some response to your post, I like to remind you that we are currently operating a democratic settings and expecting the president to take 'simple action' is just simplistic.

The use of middlemen and traders in oil deals is not a new phenomenon, same can also be said on the use of marketers to sourced back refined crude oil. Calling on the government to change the current situation in seconds with a simple directive will amount to treating complex issues and problems as more simple than they really are.

The trend has been with us since the military era, and if the military which governs by decrees and fiat could still employed middlemen both in selling and buying of crude and refined crude instead of halting it with 'simple directives', what does that tells you about the system? Have you asked yourself why OBJ despite his hard stance on corruption in the petroleum industry and keeping same portfolio under his office for effective monitoring could still not rein in the monster.

The extant laws that guides the operations in oil industry and the various agencies lax, the essence of the PIB is to strengthen this flaws and make it stronger. Most of what you asked is already captured in the PIB, that is why part of the PART 1 Objectives of the bill is to promote the development of Nigerian content in the petroleum industry where roles of middlemen and traders will be taken over by government agencies, the bill also went further to explain the composition of such agency and its objectives.

The soft copy of the PIB is readily available on the internet and I will advice you to peruse it thoroughly to understand some of the government actions and inactions as it relates to the oil industry.

The usual dishonesty. Mr. Man, kindly avoid responding to what I write in future. I don't like dishonest folks who dance around and run from pillar to post over very simple issues of decency, morality and honesty. It is like attempting to craft an argument devoted to proving falsely that 2+2 is not 4. We all have our bias but when people are fundamental dishonest as you are, they are best avoided.

Look at how you glibly try and insinuate that Nigeria selling its oil through traders is no big deal. Are you for real or just incredibly dishonest and bereft of morals to the extent you cannot see that some things are entirely unacceptable at national level? Why should Nigeria be the only major exporter of crude to adopt a model that facilitates theft and corruption ? When you speak in support of this models, condemned virtually by all, what does this say about you?

I don't appreciate anyone who will begin mentioning OBJ or Yar Adua when the current and glaring inactions of the President of the day, that perpetuates and abet avenues of corruption, is under scrutiny.

It is very simple even if a dishonest person like you cannot simply call a spade a spade. Practices abetting corruption go on under GEJ, even as he has the power to change the situation in seconds, because our current President is a corrupt individual who is happy enabling corruption.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/dirty-deals-in-oil-industry-ribadu-report/

The probe also said Nigeria was the only nation to sell all its crude through international oil traders rather than directly to refineries, adding that such trades were often opaque.

Informal trading

It said some international oil traders who were not “on the approved master list of customers” had been sold crude oil “without a formal contract” so little could be obtained about the details of these deals, which can be worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

“This logically will serve to reduce margins obtainable on sale of crude oil,” the report said.

http://www.africanoutlookonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3648:fuel-subsidy-nigeria-lost-over-300-million-in-falsified-documents-wikileaks

¶3. (C N/F) On April 6, Femi Otedola, President and CEO of
Zenon Petroleum and Gas, the largest supplier of diesel fuel
in Nigeria, essentially corroborated Finlayson's report.
Otedola said over $300 million has been overpaid by NNPC for
fuel imports, and that many leading international traders are
involved. According to Otedola, NNPC contracts to pay its
suppliers the market price on the day a ship is loaded with
fuel. He said NNPC recently discovered, however, that bills
of lading were altered to reflect loading on days of high
market prices. Discrepancies were found when comparing dates
on the bills of lading with dates of landing in Lagos.
¶4. (C N/F) Pointing to examples, Otedola said that while a
tanker loading fuel at a refinery in Bahrain usually takes
four weeks to arrive in Lagos, comparisons between the bills
of lading and dates of arrival of some shipments reflected
only a four-day difference, and in other cases, if taken at
face value, indicated the journey took nine months. Otedola
said 73 shipments from refineries in the Persian Gulf,
England, and Venezuela listed delivery times of only one day.
NNPC is attempting to get compensation for the over-charge.
Otedola went on that most of the fuel traders supplying
Nigeria are implicated in over-charging NNPC, and showed a
list of 17 companies that supplied fuel in the first quarter
of 2004, several of which, he said, are significant players
in international markets, such as Trafigura and Vitol.
Otedola added that three companies clearly not involved in
the scandal are British Petroleum, ChevronTexaco and Shell.
¶5. (C N/F) [size=14pt]Otedola recommended that NNPC stop contracting
with international fuel traders and negotiate purchases
directly from refineries worldwide.[/size]
According to him, such a
move would have two positive effects. Otedola calculates
that NNPC would save some four billion dollars a year in
expenditures on imported fuel. (Note: Prior to deregulation
in October 2003, NNPC, then the sole importer of fuel, lost
two billion dollars per year because it sold stock to
retailers below purchase price. After October 2003, NNPC
initially stopped subsidizing fuel sales, letting marketers
import fuel to be sold at market prices. However, sources
agree that NNPC is back in the business of subsidizing
gasoline sales while it maintains a facade of deregulation by
encouraging private marketers to import fuel that NNPC
purchases at market price. NNPC then sells the fuel to
marketers and retailers at a reduced price to ensure that
those companies maintain a profit margin while holding
consumer prices to informal caps set by the Department of
Petroleum Resources. End Note.)
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by tpapi: 12:23pm On Nov 25, 2012
jude33084: Say No to PDP! Vote ACN/CPC come 2015. Lets try Buhari aŋԂ his gangs lipsrsealed grin
I wil miss gej by d time he finishes his 2nd term in 2019
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by Ikwerefistson: 12:24pm On Nov 25, 2012
ballabriggs:
Punchng.com
nd yet we sit behnd our laptops pouring empty threats nd empty hopes dat nija go beta.wel egyptians re a gud example i belev dy dnt hav laptops dia bt stret tops.nija wake up b4 its 2 late
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by slimfit1(m): 12:25pm On Nov 25, 2012
We are just as stupid as our leaders, if we can allow it(corruption) to carry on without a fight no revolution apart from chatting and screaming asif we have another country to run too when yawa go gas no money to run the country suffering and smiling. these people know that we are not that bold to face them or face our fears as a result they continue to do what they are doing, who want to die for the poor hungry fool Wey no want fight for im self or die to provide food for im children an greatgrand children.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! / Tribunal Upholds Gbajabiamila’s Victory / Senator Eze Ajoku Bags Doctorate Degree In Divinity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.