Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation (13201 Views)

FIRS Targets N5tn Revenue In 2016 Non-oil Revenue To Account For 80% Of Earnings / This Buhari's Tweet On Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan Has Got Everyone Talking(pic / Jonathan Govt Incurs N5tn Domestic Debt In Five Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by yohannazack(m): 12:32pm On Nov 25, 2012
We are not suprizd dat jona's govt is d most corrupt. My own froblem is dat, let them giv me job, chikenan! Den let dem chop every other tins. God dey watch dem all.
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by Maxymilliano(m): 12:43pm On Nov 25, 2012
Gbawe.:

The usual dishonesty. Mr. Man, kindly avoid responding to what I write in future. I don't like dishonest folks who dance around and run from pillar to post over very simple issues of decency, morality and honesty. Look at how you glibly try and insinuate that Nigeria selling its oil through traders is no big deal. Are you for real or just incredibly dishonest and bereft of morals to the extent you cannot see that some things are entirely unacceptable at national level? Why should Nigeria be the only major exporter of crude to adopt a model that facilitates theft and corruption? When you speak in support of this models, condemned virtually by all, what does this say about you?

I don't appreciate anyone who will begin mentioning OBJ or Yar Adua when the current and glaring inactions of the President of the day, that perpetuates and abet avenues of corruption, is under scrutiny.

It is very simple even if a dishonest person like you cannot simply call a spade a spade. Practices abetting corruption go on under GEJ, even as he has the power to change the situation in seconds, because our current President is a corrupt individual who is happy enabling corruption
Talking of a bandwagon mentality, so I'm now a dishonest person just because I don't see things through the same lens with you? Anyway, there's very little the righteous can do when the foundation is faulty, the PIB is very much available if you care instead of your usual blanket condemnation without taking into cognizance the proffered remedy.
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by Gbawe2: 12:53pm On Nov 25, 2012
Maxymilliano:
Talking of a bandwagon mentality, so I'm now a dishonest person just because I don't see things through the same lens with you? Anyway, there's very little the righteous can do when the foundation is faulty, the PIB is very much available if you care instead of your usual blanket condemnation without taking into cognizance the proffered remedy.

You are a dishonest person. I have not concluded that about you frivolously. Rather, you have displayed this with your dishonest utterance. Like I said previously, we all have our bias but decent folks know when to be silent and refrain from supporting or defending what is completely and totally wrong/unacceptable. It is pathetic you falsely and casually attempt to insinuate it is right for the 7th largest producer of crude in the entire world to sell its oil amateurishly through traders when every nation similar to Nigeria is not doing the same thing. That is BS and you know it.

Why is it always Nigeria that remains stuck in the dark ages with abominable practices only for us to then also be the only nation to have citizens, like you, willing to speak in defence of such condemnable, regressive and archaic practices extinct and rejected everywhere else?

Why can you , even for once, not just admit that certain things are wrong or undesirable even if you support the government of the day? The bottom line is that certain practices unseen elsewhere persist in Nigeria because those practices help perpetuate corruption, lack of accountability and lack of transparency. The right President , ASAP, would abrogate those practices, as his powers allow, if he genuinely wants to move Nigeria forward. Simple. That so many of those retrogressive practice endure under GEJ is proof he is another corrupt and deceptive time-waster rather than the "fresh air" he is hollowly touted as.
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by honeric01(m): 12:56pm On Nov 25, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin Una never see anything, you still have 3 more years to go or there about, by that time, it should be up to 10 trillion naira stolen. grin grin grin grin angry

Animal kingdom. angry angry angry
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by ak47mann(m): 1:02pm On Nov 25, 2012
junk journalism,how about money embezzle under IBB,OBJ,YARADUA,ABUSALAM $16 billion allocated for power project by OBJ bias journalism
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by TableLeg(m): 1:02pm On Nov 25, 2012
shocked shocked shocked .... Words fail me!
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by kingparagon1: 1:05pm On Nov 25, 2012
ssainty: Before you know it he(jona)we tell us that unless subsidy is totally removed no meaningful dev can be achieved.it is so unfortunate i gave dis guy my vote. this is d worst head of state/president ever existed.
am speechless. I wouldn't finish reading. D defrauded moni is more than some countries budgets, Nigeria is really rich but few is taking all 2 themselves. God is d hope of d citizens.
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by taharqa: 1:18pm On Nov 25, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: This report by the publicity arm of ACN (Punch) is a naked and WICKED lie. It is shocking that any sensible person will believe the conclusion by the Farouk report that N2.6trillion (part of so called Punch phantom total of N5trillion stolen by GEJ) fuel subsidy fund was stolen in 2011. First and foremost is that the records of the finance ministry and CBN show that about N2.1 trillion was the total amount spent on subsidy in 2011. A good percentage of this fund was used to bring in fuel in 2011 as CONFIRMED by the fact that most part of Nigeria was WET with fuel, fuel was everywhere and sold at official price of N65 in 2011. No single scarcity was recorded in 2011. I challenge anyone to dispute this FACT. This does not however rule out the fact that fraudulent marketers used weaknesses in the system to steal some of the money. But the narrative of Punch and Farouk, that ALL the N2.1 trillion budgeted for fuel subsidy in 2011 was STOLEN is a WICKED and DEVILISH lie, believed only by FOOLS.
Those who are wise and with brains should have asked Punch why it gave us the total subsidy payment for year 2006, 2007 and 2008 only? What about subsidy payments for 2009 and 2010? Was subsidy not paid in those years? Almighty God will punish those who use deliberate distortion of facts and lies to push cheap for political gains. Punch deliberately omitted those years because the subsidy payments were high- around N500 to N700billion. Punch should have also told Nigerians the official pump price of fuel vs landing cost of imported fuel in those years.
It is also SHOCKING that crude oil theft was added to the Punch fiery tale of N5trillion stolen by Jonathan and Patience. Ladies and gentlemen, is GEJ the person stealing crude oil all over the Niger delta? Even GEJ had recently given a marching order to the security forces to stamp out crude oil theft.
Another issue that i find disturbing is the attitude of the opposition always attempting to steal the show in govt's attempt to sanitise troubled sectors. It usually begins by Govt setting up a committee or panel to investigate certain issues or a sector and make recommendations. All of a sudden the opposition will hijack the either the committee or the findings and now labels the govt as crook or as one trying to hide something. This development is unfortunate.
Now God bless you. You said most of what i wantd to say...imagine that half of this supposd '#5trn' came from pipeline vandalism and oil theft in d ND..abeg, let me go cool water joor, the weather is hot
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by fashime(m): 1:33pm On Nov 25, 2012
govt the thief
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 25, 2012
These WICKED reports and LIES being churned out by Punch on a daily basis are geared towards 2015 elections. The strategy is to use these reports to tarnish the image of GEJ, hoping that will make Tinubu's ACN and Buhari's CPC stroll into Aso Rock. This strategy is CHILDISH and LAUGHABLE. It's sad that some persons resort to outright LIES for cheap political gains. However, I dont think anyone in the camp of the president would LOSE sleep because of these LIES. The fact is that while the opposition have rolled out their machinery for 2015 elections(part of which is the daily LIES on Punch and co; and unleashing of internet RATS AND COCKROACHES), Jonathan and his team are still WORKING. Jonathan has not started ANYTHING with regards to 2015 elections. When Jonathan rolls out his own machinery, the opposition and internet RATS and COCKROACHES currently on rampage will be CONSUMED WITHIN SECONDS. Jonathan knew the implications of his policy of FREE AND FAIR elections. Like we say in Igbo, Jonathan has "the knife and the yam" with regards to 2015. He knows what to do to win again come 2015 and he has been doing exactly what he has to do. No one is LOSING sleep because of cheap LIES being peddled by Punch and co
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 25, 2012
Can't somebody do something about all these corruptions going on in the country?! The leaders want to r .a.p.e this country of the last cent! cry cry cry .
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by gp66(m): 1:50pm On Nov 25, 2012
if anybody points finger on GEJ, that finger will catch fire and consumed that person. The Legislators representing u are part of the criminals, the Executives are also doing their best to encourage corruption (bunch of thieves), while the Judiciary is another arm that lives on bribery and corruption as legal fee. The 3 arms of govt have refused to change the nation. So, pple should stop outrightly blaming only d executive. Remember, the executive dont have absolute power, neither d Legislative nor executive. The change u clamour for begins wit u from the grassroot. If u dont Change urself Nigeria will not change. Let them lead. Their time wil pass away. When u have become that change u want and leadership positions fortunately gets to u, then and there u will make that change u want. Blames will neva bring progress. God bless Nigeria.
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by MrBelloG: 1:56pm On Nov 25, 2012
cry
Nigera will inevitably crumble in the face of this monumental fraud. Our docility and resilience will take us no where. We need to take charge of our destiny. Haba!
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by Maxymilliano(m): 1:57pm On Nov 25, 2012
Gbawe.:

You are a dishonest person. I have not concluded that about you frivolously. Rather, you have displayed this with your dishonest utterance. Like I said previously, we all have our bias but decent folks know when to be silent and refrain from supporting or defending what is completely and totally wrong/unacceptable. It is pathetic you falsely and casually attempt to insinuate it is right for the 7th largest producer of crude in the entire world to sell its oil amateurishly through traders when every nation similar to Nigeria is not doing the same thing. That is BS and you know it.

Why is it always Nigeria that remains stuck in the dark ages with abominable practices only for us to then also be the only nation to have citizens, like you, willing to speak in defence of such condemnable, regressive and archaic practices extinct and rejected everywhere else?

Why can you , even for once, not just admit that certain things are wrong or undesirable even if you support the government of the day? The bottom line is that certain practices unseen elsewhere persist in Nigeria because those practices help perpetuate corruption, lack of accountability and lack of transparency. The right President , ASAP, would abrogate those practices, as his powers allow, if he genuinely wants to move Nigeria forward. Simple. That so many of those retrogressive practice endure under GEJ is proof he is another corrupt and deceptive time-waster rather than the "fresh air" he is hollowly touted as.

You know I can't allow you to get away with this. You made it known yourself that you don't like dishonest folks who dance around and run from pillar to post over issues, so, what other conclusion do you meant by this? If you care to browse through my first contribution to this thread, I stated it emphatically that most of the claims in the original post are open secrets and it will be irresponsible of anybody to try the usual 'blame the opposition' card. How does this justify my support for the government as alleged by you?

I never made any glibly insinuations or whatsoever that Nigerian selling its oil through middlemen is no big deal, what I said was that the originator of the idea, the military, could have halt the trend by taking the 'simple action' you proffered if it is that simple, after all, they govern by decrees and fiat.

I never dispute the fact the rot in the system is festering by the day, but while criticizing the government for its failings, we should also be sincere to acknowledge some of the efforts made by the government so far which is why I keep referring you to the PIB, the situation in the sector was allowed to degenerate this low because of the complexity and the inherent flaws and that's why the holistical solutions to the situation is captured in the Pib Bill. But it doesn't mean that the bill is the all remedy capscule to the malaise but it will be a good way to start.
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by emmatok(m): 2:36pm On Nov 25, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: These WICKED reports and LIES being churned out by Punch on a daily basis are geared towards 2015 elections. The strategy is to use these reports to tarnish the image of GEJ, hoping that will make Tinubu's ACN and Buhari's CPC stroll into Aso Rock. This strategy is CHILDISH and LAUGHABLE. It's sad that some persons resort to outright LIES for cheap political gains. However, I dont think anyone in the camp of the president would LOSE sleep because of these LIES. The fact is that while the opposition have rolled out their machinery for 2015 elections(part of which is the daily LIES on Punch), Jonathan and his team are still WORKING. Jonathan has not started ANYTHING with regards to 2015 elections. When Jonathan rolls out his own machinery, the opposition and internet RATS and COCKROACHES currently on rampage will be CONSUMED WITHIN SECONDS. Jonathan knew the implications of his policy of FREE AND FAIR elections. Like we say in Igbo, Jonathan has "the knife and the yam" with regards to 2015. He knows what to do to win again come 2015 and he has been doing exactly what he has to do. No one is LOSING sleep because of cheap LIES being peddled by Punch and co

HA HA these GEJ people have succeeded in shooting themselves in the foot.
If Punch is publishing lies then every media house in Nigeria is doing same.
I see GEJ and his goons discrediting 80% of media houses in Nigeria before 2015.
And that will be the beginning of the end.
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by jawjaw1: 2:52pm On Nov 25, 2012
Maxymilliano:

You know I can't allow you to get away with this. You made it known yourself that you don't like dishonest folks who dance around and run from pillar to post over issues, so, what other conclusion do you meant by this? If you care to browse through my first contribution to this thread, I stated it emphatically that most of the claims in the original post are open secrets and it will be irresponsible of anybody to try the usual 'blame the opposition' card. How does this justify my support for the government as alleged by you?

I never made any glibly insinuations or whatsoever that Nigerian selling its oil through middlemen is no big deal, what I said was that the originator of the idea, the military, could have halt the trend by taking the 'simple action' you proffered if it is that simple, after all, they govern by decrees and fiat.

I never dispute the fact the rot in the system is festering by the day, but while criticizing the government for its failings, we should also be sincere to acknowledge some of the efforts made by the government so far which is why I keep referring you to the PIB, the situation in the sector was allowed to degenerate this low because of the complexity and the inherent flaws and that's why the holistical solutions to the situation is captured in the Pib Bill. But it doesn't mean that the bill is the all remedy capscule to the malaise but it will be a good way to start.

We don't need to know the efforts the government is making. WE NEED RESULTS. Simple.
Whether those bad things started 300 yrs ago by anoda govt. doesnt matter. What matters now is that under his watch things are not right.
He should correct them IMMEDIATELY! Thats what he is there for. No damn excuses please!
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 25, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: Punch LIED that only N346billion was spent on subsidy in 2008. This is how to falsify figures and distort facts for cheap political gains. The trick is to make subsidy payments between 2006 to 2008 look small and that of 2011 look outrageous so that Nigerians will run to the streets, shouting crucify Jonathan, crucify Jonathan. Records from finance ministry, CBN and PPPRA have it that a whopping N673billion was spent on subsidy in 2008. Those who care for the truth can check PRICE DIFFERENTIAL between landing cost of fuel and official pump price in 2008 and 2011 in my earlier posts and see reasons why subsidy bill for 2011 should be far higher than that of 2008. Not that there was no fraud in 2011 subsidy bill but the fraud in subsidy started from the inception of the policy and not in 2011. I HATE lies and deliberate distortion of facts. Unfortunately, this is what we see every day in Nigeria. I support the fight against corruption but you cannot fight corruption with corruption neither can you fight corruption with NAKED and WICKED LIES. Unfortunately, this is what we see in Punch and other mischief makers. Like Mike Igini would say, I carry my placard in my heart and would continue to fight lies, wickedness, corruption, insincerity and primordial ethnic sentiments. Even if I'm the only person standing to uphold the TRUTH, I will NEVER fail to do that and state my position unambiguously. I will NEVER succumb to blackmail or mob attack by people who allow others to think for them.
God help you on this path you have chosen.
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by feathers007: 3:33pm On Nov 25, 2012
I am glad we have jonathan as Nigeria's president...this shows nature as a way of disintegrating something that was never meant to be. Jonathan is deffo gonna be naija's last president.
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by AMEBO2BUSY: 3:43pm On Nov 25, 2012
Truckpusher: Did you read the article? or you just jumped to the heading and concluded that all that money was stolen by the president and at the same time setting up committees to uncover himself?
No punishmt means all is GEJ per
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by PEREP: 3:54pm On Nov 25, 2012
jaw jaw:

We don't need to know the efforts the government is making. WE NEED RESULTS. Simple.
Whether those bad things started 300 yrs ago by anoda govt. doesnt matter. What matters now is that under his watch things are not right.
He should correct them IMMEDIATELY! Thats what he is there for. No damn excuses please!

We need results without a process path to the Results Has the process started? The answer is yes
Can Jonathan jail without the courts? The answer is No
If the legal luminaries are serious and wish to match words with action, they should ensure personalities arraigned in courts don't go scot free.
OBJ handled the oil sector for 8 yrs with business as usual but a suppossedly 'weak' president came on board and despite his efforts to weaken the corrupt structure in the oil sector,we keep talking of results as if it will come from the blues. This is hard to comprehend honestly. Nigerians I hail thee oh.
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by amobii: 4:02pm On Nov 25, 2012
mu2sa2: if gej had declared his asset publicly that would hav shown him as a person who is serious about leading the fight against corruption. Why should anyone trust a leader who is concealing his wealth to tackle corruption. If gej acquired his asset legitimately he would not hav given a damn to disclosing the asset for all to see and indeed assess. Dishonest leadership is the bane of nigeria.

I was surprised when he said he doesn't give a dam about declaring his asset, not a good example from C in C, at least late Yaradua declared his asset and he was Vice, i think our presi is Corny in some of his way.
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 25, 2012
they were all singing Fresh Air in April, 2011!

1 yr 7months and they are all crying me a river. . . cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

pls save your tears we still have 2 more yrs to go and an additional 4 yrs cheesy cheesy cheesy

leaves thread singing timberlake's "cry me a riverrrr!! cry me a riverrrrr!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=NG&hl=en-GB&v=DksSPZTZES0
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by farem: 4:17pm On Nov 25, 2012
Visionless, clueless, dullest president the world over. Dull to do good-tackle fuel scarcity, commission any federal project, fight oil bunkering and corruption. Fast to do evil- arranged to mess House and Ribadu reports, increase fuel price, nepa rate, sold our patrimony:nepa for penny just for 2015 etc
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by farem: 4:19pm On Nov 25, 2012
Visionless, clueless, dullest president the world over. Dull to do good-tackle fuel scarcity, commission any federal project, fight oil bunkering and corruption, build and repair refineries. BUT very Fast to do evil- arranged to mess House and Ribadu reports, increase fuel price, nepa rate, sold our patrimony:nepa for penny just for 2015 etc
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by farem: 5:07pm On Nov 25, 2012
ak47mann: junk journalism,how about money embezzle under IBB,OBJ,YARADUA,ABUSALAM $16 billion allocated for power project by OBJ bias journalism
ak47mann: junk journalism,how about money embezzle under IBB,OBJ,YARADUA,ABUSALAM $16 billion allocated for power project by OBJ bias journalism
So because the rot has started for long, it must continue? You mean Malaria should continue to kill members of your family today just because it killed and wasted your forefathers? I am not with you!

2 Likes

Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by Demdem(m): 6:37pm On Nov 25, 2012
This should simply tell us that we have a very in-efficient head. To even imagine that no tangible person seems to have been convicted so far ssuggests that the retardeen himself is an accomplice
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by Demdem(m): 6:53pm On Nov 25, 2012
PEREP:

We need results without a process path to the Results Has the process started? The answer is yes
Can Jonathan jail without the courts? The answer is No
If the legal luminaries are serious and wish to match words with action, they should ensure personalities arraigned in courts don't go scot free.
OBJ handled the oil sector for 8 yrs with business as usual but a suppossedly 'weak' president came on board and despite his efforts to weaken the corrupt structure in the oil sector,we keep talking of results as if it will come from the blues. This is hard to comprehend honestly. Nigerians I hail thee oh.

Does the report below suggest to u that this govt will ever be interested in fighting corruption in totality?

ABUJA – In a bizarre legal move, the Attorney General of of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Bello Adoke, SAN, has approached the Abuja Division of the Federal High Court, asking it to hands-off the suit that is seeking to expose how $12.4 billion oil windfall money that accrued to the Federal Government between 1988 and 1994, was spent.

In two separate preliminary objections by the AGF and the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, which was equally joined as a respondent in the suit, they pleaded the court to dismiss the suit in its entirety.

The AGF and the CBN, unanimously urged the court to reject the Okigbo panel report, saying it was not admissible in law considering that it was not published in a gazette, neither was an official white paper issued on it.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/babangidas-124bn-gulf-war-oil-windfall-theft-agf-asks-court-hands-suit-claims-okigbo-repor
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by DaLover(m): 8:10pm On Nov 25, 2012
Whobedatte: True, GEJ needsto act like the C ~ C, he is the General, and has absolute powers. How many of the subsidy thieves have we seen gone to jail? Except a Blackberry or Goat thief, the real enemies/cabals are walking free. Except Reno, abati, okupe, and few that benefit from the #rot, GEJ is a total misfortune on the sensibilities of the average nigerian!!!

I actually thought we were operating a system where the executive is seperate from the Judisary and the legislature, your brilliant whrite up has revaled that Jonathan has absolute powers...IO am sure GEJ like me and others didnt realise this...
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by Gbawe: 8:37pm On Nov 25, 2012
Demdem: This should simply tell us that we have a very in-efficient head. To even imagine that no tangible person seems to have been convicted so far ssuggests that the retardeen himself is an accomplice

Apart from even seeing anyone jailed, have we seen GEJ, when he fully can any second, bring an end to practices that perpetuate graft and keep the 'free-for-all' looting of Nigeria thriving?

Why do we still sell oil through traders?

What is any sane person to make of how the FG and the NNPC issued fuel marketers licence to many, many, many fraudsters and start-up company with no capacity or competence to engage in fuel importation? What manner of screening was the FG and NNPC conducting to the extent so many dodgy blokes and dames virtually quadrupled the number of marketers existing to scam the nation blind?

Why do we use marketers to import fuel when a top member of GEJ's economic team (Otedola) actually stated that we should be beyond that and should enter into direct negotiation with foreign refineries?

Why hand over our refineries into the ultra-corrupt hands of the NNPC, for 24 months, when that move , of all the options, is the one that predictably only guarantees failure?

Everywhere you look, it is 'more of the same' from this woeful President. Really nauseating to see that ethnic jingoism has made many Nigerians very dishonest. Like I said earlier, we all have our bias but what no one should engage in is the support of what is outrightly wrong. What are we to make of a President who has the power to totally change things yet persist in keeping things the way they are to the detriment of Nigeria? Why will Nigeria not be looted blind under GEJ when he is a President who, with his many actions and inactions, opens the door for the thieves to enter?
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by olivertwist: 8:50pm On Nov 25, 2012

1 Like

Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by DaLover(m): 8:52pm On Nov 25, 2012
Gbawe:

Apart from even seeing anyone jailed, have we seen GEJ, when he fully can any second, bring an end to practices that perpetuate graft and keep the 'free-for-all' looting of Nigeria thriving?

Why do we still sell oil through traders?

What is any sane person to make of how the FG and the NNPC issued fuel marketers licence to many, many, many fraudsters and start-up company with no capacity or competence to engage in fuel importation? What manner of screening was the FG and NNPC conducting to the extent so many dodgy blokes and dames virtually quadrupled the number of marketers existing to scam the nation blind?

Why do we use marketers to import fuel when a top member of GEJ's economic team (Otedola) actually stated that we should be beyond that and should enter into direct negotiation with foreign refineries?

Why hand over our refineries into the ultra-corrupt hands of the NNPC, for 24 months, when that move , of all the options, is the one that predictably only guarantees failure?

Everywhere you look, it is 'more of the same' from this woeful President. Really nauseating to see that ethnic jingoism has made many Nigerians very dishonest. Like I said earlier, we all have our bias but what no one should engage in is the support of what is outrightly wrong. What are we to make of a President who has the power to totally change things yet persist in keeping things the way they are to the detriment of Nigeria? Why will Nigeria not be looted blind under GEJ when he is a President who, with his many actions and inactions, opens the door for the thieves to enter?

Y not we try a free market system with regards to this oil self? allow the owners of the oil to mine and sell at market prices, those into refining will then buy at market prices and then sell to cnsumers at market prices?
Has it occured to any of us, that the reason for the curruption and the complaining and anguish is that the government participating in a ventuyre that can be carried out by everyday nigerian?
Na wa ooo
Re: N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation by olivertwist: 9:12pm On Nov 25, 2012
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry :

NO AMOUNT OF CRYING CAN DELIVER US FROM THESE SET OF EVIL CORRUPT OFFICERS AND THEIR NAIRALAND AGENTS....UNTIL WE SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH TO THESE THIEVES, THEY'LL CONTINUE TO TAKE US ALL FOR 'MUMU'.

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! / ​ David Mark Wins Polling Unit / Senator Eze Ajoku Bags Doctorate Degree In Divinity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.