Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,083 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Role of Pets in a Family. - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Role of Pets in a Family. (8988 Views)

Why??? Why Dont We Most Times Like Posting Price Of Pets In Pets Section? / You Suddenly Switch On The Light And Meet Your Pets In This Position / What Do You Think Of Pets(especially Dogs)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Role of Pets in a Family. by Freezle(m): 12:06pm On Dec 17, 2012
moderators, i keep saying this... please try bring something reasonable to this front page. a lot of people like myself come here to search for vital news and help lines but this is not how to treat some visitors. anyways i have a pet that i don't like.
Re: Role of Pets in a Family. by ichidodo: 12:14pm On Dec 17, 2012
i love dags.
Re: Role of Pets in a Family. by vanstanzy(m): 12:37pm On Dec 17, 2012
ichidodo: i love dags.

Are u Irish? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Role of Pets in a Family. by firestar(f): 12:38pm On Dec 17, 2012
... cheesy
Squeals.
Brand new, those pups are adorable! I'm considering having another dog.
Keeping pets make one more attuned to the environment.
Cats aren't as loyal as dogs though. undecided
Re: Role of Pets in a Family. by maclatunji: 12:46pm On Dec 17, 2012
chaircover: I totally agree. We grew up with pets and my kids have always had one pet or another.

It sure gives kids a sense of responsibility and it teaches them how to care. You will never catch my kids throwing stones or maltreating an animal.

Reminds me of the tears when we stopped on the ife-ibadan road to buy a hen intended for slaughter. My daughter cried so much while we were pricing the hen, that we just gave up and drove off without buying it . . . . . .trust her brother to remind her that her chicken nuggets that she loves so much actually came from a live chicken grin

What! Teach your kids how life is. Chicken is perfectly good food. This is someone who actually likes chickens as pets. Very loyal.
Re: Role of Pets in a Family. by maclatunji: 12:47pm On Dec 17, 2012
Ujujoan: I hate pets . . . Growing up, there were all around us! Dogs, cats even a monkey one time . . . I always hated them. Especially cats. The way they crawl up to your feet when you are not looking . . . urrrrgh!

My husband has a Dog though more for security; but I don't allow it into my house or close to my child. He keeps it far far away, locked up in a cage. I hate animals! undecided

They hate you too. tongue
Re: Role of Pets in a Family. by maclatunji: 12:49pm On Dec 17, 2012
sadeiyare: Had this pair of white-Rabbit when I was in primary school. It was my singular job to care for them, beautiful gold and white coloured. They were wonderful pets hopping round the house and very neat too. Cutting the story short, I went to boarding school and nobody was around to take care for them and my Dad gave them out, it was sad.

Fresh meat!
Re: Role of Pets in a Family. by maclatunji: 12:50pm On Dec 17, 2012
PortHarcourtBoy: People get "Nkita" for their houses and come here come dey lie say dem get Chihuahuas and Dalmatians

shocked

LMFSO!
Re: Role of Pets in a Family. by elrony(m): 12:55pm On Dec 17, 2012
I fukin love pets buh not cats sha,their eyes do make me wana kill dem lol...
Currently have a dog named "larry" he's a rottweiler.,lived indoors wit us till he was one!..
Now lives in his own crib (kernel) as a grown dude..
Havin a pet gives u d sense of compassion nd care.,cos u jst see dem as helpless folks...

PS: all larry does is eat,sleep nd bark!...and u dnt want him 2 be unleashed ,trust me .,he's a wild-cutie and we love him..
Re: Role of Pets in a Family. by elrony(m): 12:57pm On Dec 17, 2012
Freezle: moderators, i keep saying this... please try bring something reasonable to this front page. a lot of people like myself come here to search for vital news and help lines but this is not how to treat some visitors. anyways i have a pet that i don't like.
Madtman go buy vanguard if u dey luk 4 news lol
Re: Role of Pets in a Family. by Shalome(m): 12:58pm On Dec 17, 2012
I had rabbits when i was younger...i think every kid should have a pet
Re: Role of Pets in a Family. by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 17, 2012
maclatunji:

They hate you too. tongue

Ok I've noticed you . . . You can go now! cool cool
Re: Role of Pets in a Family. by eduson77(m): 1:11pm On Dec 17, 2012
Re: Role of Pets in a Family. by Bigflamie(m): 1:14pm On Dec 17, 2012
my pet 'Bush' is kinda funny and changes into a mean security personnel at night. don't ask me why i used personnel to qualify that cos Bush means a lot to me.
Bush keeps me company when I'm lonely with his unimaginable trait and his loyalty is unquestionable.
Re: Role of Pets in a Family. by chronique(m): 1:23pm On Dec 17, 2012
We've always had pets from my childhood days & we still keep pets. Dogs are lovely pets you can communicate with,send on errands,use dem to hunt,etc. They can alert u of both physical n spiritual dangers. There's so much they can do. I someday,would lik to have a dog pounde of several breeds of dogs. It might be as much as 20 dogs.
Re: Role of Pets in a Family. by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 17, 2012
Freezle: moderators, i keep saying this... please try bring something reasonable to this front page. a lot of people like myself come here to search for vital news and help lines but this is not how to treat some visitors. anyways i have a pet that i don't like.

please be quiet....
Re: Role of Pets in a Family. by patholaw: 3:14pm On Dec 17, 2012
I like pets...but its stress cleaning their poo & feeding dem...datz y i don't have any & we never had any in my family.
Re: Role of Pets in a Family. by slushia(f): 3:38pm On Dec 17, 2012
Cant do without dogs,they are a part of my life.my caucashian dog,named gucci is my best friend.
Re: Role of Pets in a Family. by lacicrips(m): 3:55pm On Dec 17, 2012
Brand_new:
Yeah! I actually wanted to buy one of those but changed my mind.
I love puppies but also admire other pets like Rabbits, Parrots and other birds like chicken and Turkeys.
Did I just say Turkeys? Those are edible pets lol!
Why did you change your mind? I like them. Can I have the contact of the person who owns them, please? They are so cute.
Re: Role of Pets in a Family. by dasparrow: 4:12pm On Dec 17, 2012
@Post

Dogs are the best. I have been around animals almost all my life and I think they are better than many human beings who stick around when times are good and bounce when things are tough. By the way, does anyone know of any Lhasa Apso dog breeders in Abuja? If yes, please let me have their contact. Thanks.
Re: Role of Pets in a Family. by charlsecy4(m): 6:49pm On Dec 17, 2012
I would love to keep dogs, cats and birds.... as soon as I have my space.
Re: Role of Pets in a Family. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 17, 2012
I grew up having dogs around and I had a happy memories with them. They are our constant companion, a playmate and we considered them as part of the family. Playing with them and talking everything about them is a great way of spending quality time with the family and create special bonding. Moreover, having a pet would teach kids how to take care, be compassionate, sensitive and kind. It's good way too to let them learn about sharing and fulfill their responsibilities in taking care of the pet like feeding,bathing and cleaning.

This post reminds me how I cried while watching the movies "Marley and Me" and "Hachiko".

1 Like

Re: Role of Pets in a Family. by ceeceeco: 6:31am On Dec 18, 2012
I don't joke with dogs, i luv dem so very much, not local dogs though. 2 me dog is a man's best friend. I have 1 rottweiler & 2 german shepherd, & they're always alert security wise. I just luv dis animal.
Re: Role of Pets in a Family. by ceeceeco: 6:35am On Dec 18, 2012
I don't joke with dogs, i luv dem so very much, not local dogs though. 2 me dog is a man's best friend. I have 1 rottweiler & 2 german shepherd, & they're always alert security wise. I just luv dis animal. Anyway i think i'll go 4 taliban mastiff.
Re: Role of Pets in a Family. by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 18, 2012
lacicrips:
Why did you change your mind? I like them. Can I have the contact of the person who owns them, please? They are so cute.
Yes the puppies very cute and they are full breed too. He offered to sell the male puppy which is the black one but I preferred the white coloured one which is female so you can send me a Direct message via my profile here on NL and I will send you the owners contact.

Really love pets though, maybe I'd even do a zoo for tamed animals, don't like wild animals and the reason is obvious. Not even wild dogs.
Re: Role of Pets in a Family. by lacicrips(m): 8:13am On Dec 18, 2012
...I just did.
Re: Role of Pets in a Family. by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 18, 2012
I sent you his number.
Re: Role of Pets in a Family. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 18, 2012

You're not making any sense. "Reasonable" is relative. Not everything on the Front Page interests me. But I'm intelligent enough to understand that what I don't like, others will, and vise versa. I pick what I wish to read, and don't complain about the ones I don't find interesting. It's common sense.

I'm not sure why I'm even bothering to explain this to you, as I would imagine you're a grown man, and have a brain. You simply choose not to use it.
Re: Role of Pets in a Family. by armyofone(m): 4:39pm On Dec 18, 2012
Re: Role of Pets in a Family. by nwakaibeya1: 4:05pm On May 15, 2015
so many people who own animal /bird pets ie dogs,cat,snakes and allsorts use the animal bird pets to operate at night in the spiritual realm and those of you who are blind spiritually think it is an ordinary dog the indian man could be mourning because they have taken away his spiritual powers unknowingly to his servant and the death of the dog could lead to the death of the indian man very shortly watchout as many human beigns are dogs ,elephants and tigers and cows in human form and pretend before spiritually ignorant humanbeigns,but it takes the spiritual to know what humans look like exactly in the spiritual world the hidden world
Re: Role of Pets in a Family. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 14, 2015
nwakaibeya1:
so many people who own animal /bird pets ie dogs,cat,snakes and allsorts use the animal bird pets to operate at night in the spiritual realm and those of you who are blind spiritually think it is an ordinary dog the indian man could be mourning because they have taken away his spiritual powers unknowingly to his servant and the death of the dog could lead to the death of the indian man very shortly watchout as many human beigns are dogs ,elephants and tigers and cows in human form and pretend before spiritually ignorant humanbeigns,but it takes the spiritual to know what humans look like exactly in the spiritual world the hidden world

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brown Rice Available @ #15k Per 50kg. / How Many Puppies Have Dog Had At Once? Mine Just Gave Birth To 13, See Pix Also / 8 Weeks Old Caucasian Shepherd Puppies For Sale .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.